Thread: F1 TV Pro

F1 TV Pro

Heya,

F1 TV Pro is going to launch in my country and was wondering if any of you had any experience using it? Any feedback is appreciated.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...ore_countries/

thanks!

Yes. I have it. It’s HORRIBLE. I canceled my subscription

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    Heya,

F1 TV Pro is going to launch in my country and was wondering if any of you had any experience using it? Any feedback is appreciated.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...ore_countries/

thanks!
    It’s just bad. When Ted is down in the pits talking about something he sees in a team, they don’t show it you hear him talking and that’s it.
    They do not have a F1 TV app on Apple TV.
    So the only way to watch it on your television is to airplay it to your Apple TV. And it never fails right in the middle of the race I would get a phone call and it would lose its spot on the stream or it would continue stay in life and I would miss whatever was going on while I got the phone call.
    Another thing that drove me crazy was on race day you only get for pre-race the grid walk and then post race you got about 10 minutes. I am not sure how much sky F1 shows you but I think it’s quite a bit more.
    Last edited by gino t; 25th January 2019 at 09:41.

Quote Originally Posted by gino t View Post
    It’s just bad. When Ted is down in the pits talking about something he sees in a team, they don’t show it you hear him talking and that’s it.
    They do not have a F1 TV app on Apple TV.
    So the only way to watch it on your television is to airplay it to your Apple TV. And it never fails right in the middle of the race I would get a phone call and it would lose its spot on the stream or it would continue stay in life and I would miss whatever was going on while I got the phone call.
    Another thing that drove me crazy was on race day you only get for pre-race the grid walk and then post race you got about 10 minutes. I am not sure how much sky F1 shows you but I think it’s quite a bit more.
    Thank you! I was tempted to try it out since I have to use Satellite feeds and end up watching in some foreign language since I can't stand the British crew commentary (sorry but there are other drivers on grid besides almighty Lewis). Italian stream is not reliable and keeps disconnecting or lagging, Spanish is crystal clear but it feels like someone is spitting on my screen (the accent!).

I guess I'll stick to Espanol

I don't like the British crew commentary on Sky for their infatuation with Lewis (only to be expected as a British driver, I suppose), and I object even more to having to pay for it, but it's the way of the world nowadays, all about the money. I'd still rather watch foreign commentary as it means it's not all about Lewis, it's no hardship as we can usually read the race as well as the professionals!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I don't like the British crew commentary on Sky for their infatuation with Lewis (only to be expected as a British driver, I suppose), and I object even more to having to pay for it, but it's the way of the world nowadays, all about the money. I'd still rather watch foreign commentary as it means it's not all about Lewis, it's no hardship as we can usually read the race as well as the professionals!!!
    True that, when I had access to SKY via Satellite I used to turn off commentary and just listen to the sounds. It was surprisingly nice to hear the tyre squeal in the corners and Turbos. It used to be similar to when the commentators strike back when RAI had the F1 rights in Italy. Just car and ambient sounds :) Unfortunately due to copyright laws I cannot avail of SKY ITALIA anymore even though I am just 60 miles away from Sicily.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    True that, when I had access to SKY via Satellite I used to turn off commentary and just listen to the sounds. It was surprisingly nice to hear the tyre squeal in the corners and Turbos. It used to be similar to when the commentators strike back when RAI had the F1 rights in Italy. Just car and ambient sounds :) Unfortunately due to copyright laws I cannot avail of SKY ITALIA anymore even though I am just 60 miles away from Sicily.
    Difficult to watch F1 in Italy when I've tried, had to make use of the local sports bar to see Spanish GP last year, don't remember very much as the birra e pizza took over!! Followed by a stiff digestivo afterwards!

The service the first year wasn't very good, they just added PIP which I didn't tried. Considering it costs around four dollars per race I will keep it for another year.
    I really don't use it for the race if I'm home, but I always use it to watch free practice and, a few times in the year, qualy and the race when I'm not at home.

The biggest beef I have with it is the delay. It has around 40 seconds delay when compared to the live timing and I hate that. I see something happen on live timing and then have to wait for 40 seconds to see it on video. Live TV don’t have such a big delay, at least here it’s around 15-20 seconds. I wish they would delay live timing by the same amount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it is just ... on every way. Can write a book about it, how bad it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    The biggest beef I have with it is the delay. It has around 40 seconds delay when compared to the live timing and I hate that. I see something happen on live timing and then have to wait for 40 seconds to see it on video. Live TV don’t have such a big delay, at least here it’s around 15-20 seconds. I wish they would delay live timing by the same amount.

You can pause/resume Live Timing to match the video delay

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    You can pause/resume Live Timing to match the video delay
    Really? I haven’t seen that option. Thanks for the tip.

Just to let you fellas know F1 TV Pro is running a 50% discount on monthly / yearly subscription right now, offer ends 17th Feb (This Sunday)

I just jumped on the wagon and purchased a year, €49.99 is okay for one time then we see...
    Last edited by WRX202; 15th February 2019 at 07:54.

Me too, but I got the yearly for €32 with F1TV50 coupon code.

There was a bug in the coupon system so I actually got it for 11.47 for a year :D
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    There was a bug in the coupon system so I actually got it for 11.47 for a year :D
    Lucky you, I subscribed and paid the full amount as I didn't realize where the coupon was (during the offer period /facepalm!)