Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 149

Thread: 2019 F1 Car Launch & Liveries

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    hong kong
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post



    front wing dimensions....yes, it got wider compared to 2018; about the width of the front tires from end to end.

    https://i1.wp.com/rollingpistons.com...size=620%2C582
    Isn't this last year's car with the new FW?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,404
    you can view a comparison between 2018 & 2019 HAAS cars here too:

    http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi..._and_the_VF18/

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,886
    Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Isn't this last year's car with the new FW?
    Not really bondilad.

    Look at the link @WRX202 just posted and use the slider.

    1) Obvious front wing
    2) side pod (top side) wing
    3) floor
    4) rear wing
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    10,918
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Shades of the JPS Lotuses (Loti?) of the 70s, I'm not a fan of black and I want our Ferraris in the proper red, with gold wheels, but then I'm an old fogie.
    Amen to every word you said brother!!!!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    hong kong
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Not really bondilad.

    Look at the link @WRX202 just posted and use the slider.

    1) Obvious front wing
    2) side pod (top side) wing
    3) floor
    4) rear wing
    Thank you. I've just seen the link and it does look like the new car. Also, thx for all the pics.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    10,918
    Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Thank you. I've just seen the link and it does look like the new car. Also, thx for all the pics.
    This is not new car for 2019 season, it is just new livery!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    hong kong
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    This is not new car for 2019 season, it is just new livery!
    That's what I thought too.... But apperently they did the new livery launch live with the old car and launched the new car online.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    10,918
    Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    That's what I thought too.... But apperently they did the new livery launch live with the old car and launched the new car online.
    Yep...

    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...019-car-reveal

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,886
    another teaser pic of the W10. The SUV (Mercedes) was caught with this livery on the 6th of February #switchtoEQ. hmmmmm.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy0N8gGWoAAnjy_.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyteZctXgAMzNx5.jpg (SUV)
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,449
    All I can think of is that those wider front wings will be the cause of a lot of punctures and coming-togethers which could ultimately ruin a driver's race from the start. Not what we need to keep fans on side, as there is no proof it will actually make it easier for cars to follow more closely.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,886
    This is the logo for Whyte bikes..........look familiar???? Going to be an interesting season at the HAAS F1 camp.

    https://www.evolution-bikes.co.uk/wp...te-logos-1.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    This is the logo for Whyte bikes..........look familiar???? Going to be an interesting season at the HAAS F1 camp.

    https://www.evolution-bikes.co.uk/wp...te-logos-1.jpg


    Yeah it is pretty much identical with two extra small horns added to the stag's head. Rich energy was born in 2015 while Whyte bikes in 1999. There is a IP patent case pending that will be heard in May 2019 apparently and I think it will go Whyte's way. What happens to Haas then? Also remember the way Rich energy first had an agreement with Force India and then suddenly jumped ship and went with HAAS? They are not Red Bull but really want to play ball in the same leagues. That William Storey is a colourful character to say the least...

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,886
    Quote Originally Posted by scudieros View Post


    Yeah it is pretty much identical with two extra small horns added to the stag's head. Rich energy was born in 2015 while Whyte bikes in 1999. There is a IP patent case pending that will be heard in May 2019 apparently and I think it will go Whyte's way. What happens to Haas then? Also remember the way Rich energy first had an agreement with Force India and then suddenly jumped ship and went with HAAS? They are not Red Bull but really want to play ball in the same leagues. That William Storey is a colourful character to say the least...
    agreed. This is the guy that tried to buy Force India under administration only to find out the administrators deemed Rich Energy "unfavourable" financially. Then he (Storey) tried to sue Lawrence Stroll, & consortium, for "irregularities" in purchasing Force India. Colourful character is an understatement.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,324
    Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    Too much black! Black cars dont look good on track imo. They shouldve added more gold to it, wouldve looked so much better.
    1985_European_GP_Senna.jpg

    This is why I actually like this choice of colors.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,886
    More on the W10 livery. This is Autosports rendition of what the W10 might look like. Toto sporting or "foreshadowing" the up-and-coming livery???

    (sidenote: from a distance, this "camo" livery reminds of the "leopard print" camo on the Messerschmitt BF-109 or 262)

    Maybe the Merc's are copying what RedBull did last year with their intro of the RB14???


    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy4xhmZW0AYeP5B.jpg (Autosport rendition)

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy5PT96X0AAbwU7.jpg (Toto)


    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWYvrlVX4AA4PYI.jpg (RB14)

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWYyvZFXUAAjZck.jpg (RB14)

    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...becee7fbd8.jpg (F-18 with digital camo)
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    10,918
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    More on the W10 livery. This is Autosports rendition of what the W10 might look like. Toto sporting or "foreshadowing" the up-and-coming livery???

    (sidenote: from a distance, this "camo" livery reminds of the "leopard print" camo on the Messerschmitt BF-109 or 262)

    Maybe the Merc's are copying what RedBull did last year with their intro of the RB14???


    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy4xhmZW0AYeP5B.jpg (Autosport rendition)

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy5PT96X0AAbwU7.jpg (Toto)


    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWYvrlVX4AA4PYI.jpg (RB14)

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWYyvZFXUAAjZck.jpg (RB14)

    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...becee7fbd8.jpg (F-18 with digital camo)
    This is DISGUSTING!!!!

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    17,613
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,886

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,928
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    More on the W10 livery. This is Autosports rendition of what the W10 might look like. Toto sporting or "foreshadowing" the up-and-coming livery???

    (sidenote: from a distance, this "camo" livery reminds of the "leopard print" camo on the Messerschmitt BF-109 or 262)

    Maybe the Merc's are copying what RedBull did last year with their intro of the RB14???


    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy4xhmZW0AYeP5B.jpg (Autosport rendition)

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy5PT96X0AAbwU7.jpg (Toto)


    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWYvrlVX4AA4PYI.jpg (RB14)

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWYyvZFXUAAjZck.jpg (RB14)

    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...becee7fbd8.jpg (F-18 with digital camo)
    RB & Mercs ....!!

    Especially RB, they can add more bulls

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    9,836
    just heard mercs new engine lol that thing sounds like an extremely angry beast, hopefully its all sound and no power but wow
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    9,836
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    9,836
    lol someone said it sounds like a coffee maker
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,404
    Paint scheme is similar to what automakers use to conceal details on new models under testing phase.

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    1,122
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    1985_European_GP_Senna.jpg

    This is why I actually like this choice of colors.
    Yes but the Lotus had alot more gold and it looks beautiful, Haas shouldve done the same imo. Way too much black, especially when you look at it from above. And im not sure about the white, i think all gold and black wouldve looked better
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,886
    Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    Yes but the Lotus had alot more gold and it looks beautiful, Haas shouldve done the same imo. Way too much black, especially when you look at it from above. And im not sure about the white, i think all gold and black wouldve looked better
    Lotus E23 had more gold on it. That was reminicsent of the JPS livery.

    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...laysia_FP1.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,886
    More tech on the HAAS VF-19

    The rear wing of the VF-19 has also been simplified and is now 20mm higher and 100mm wider to aid slipstreaming and improve visibility.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyztVNgWwAEK4VI.jpg


    side delfectors of the VF-19 have moved forwards 100mm and reduced in height by 150mm

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy0kPVKXQAENxxj.jpg


    new s-duct, an aggressive rear suspension design, wastegate pipes now stacked on top of the exhaust & new mirror winglets.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyzFX9NX4AAoK8B.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyzFX9OWkAAgqyB.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyzFX9KWsAIrt15.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyzFX9PW0AAk4pO.jpg


    double mirror stalk

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyzW6KcXgAE7xdx.jpg



    revised pod vanes, with three 'aerfoils', lower on the front top corner meet the new height regs

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyzXZcLXgAAexyO.jpg



    1- hanging vanes on endplate crease
    2- no louvers on endplate, by new regulation
    3- T-wing mounted to rear wing pylons
    4 - stacked exhausts
    5 - complex rear brake duct, not constrained by new regs

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyzY3q8WkAAO9p3.jpg
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 9th February 2019 at 15:50.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,886
    Busy week next week with all the launches....then testing the following week.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy4urmeXcAAmRYv.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,886
    more W10 teasers. I don't know what to make of this but the whole rim and tire???? really??? This really has be for "media" livery. I'm sure they will go back to the silver and black come testing.

    I will say this, those rims are definitely making a comeback.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzDyQGcX4AA3HVd.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,886

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    hong kong
    Posts
    1,348
    So they've gone for the ferrari style sidepods. Looks nice.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •