Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293041 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 480 of 1232

Thread: Ferrari SF90

  1. #451
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    7,751
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    We have all established that Merc love playing the underdog card. They are always crying "wolff"...professional liars should be on their CV. I hope our updates prove to be efficient and we can secure our first of many 1-2 finishes for the season!
    I'm with you on this one mate....cause i'm already depressed by our showing so far this year.....it would cheer me up BIG TIME if Ferrari would turn its season around staring with this weekend....not only that, but i'll be at the race in Montreal this year, AGAIN....and i would be having a better weekend if Ferrari NOT only were to repeat the win from last year.....but better yet a 1-2 FINISH......
    ...the new SF90 in the MATTE RED, to me it looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  2. #452
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,532
    Okay peeps. Remember Ferrari's winglet mirrors???

    What's your take on this??? Is this not a winglet above the mirror acting like an aero device? Will the FIA look the other way??? Will anyone lodge a complaint???

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6IgyopV4AQbBD7.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6Ig4OyUEAIYgRN.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6Ig7cCUIAAQJb6.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6Ig77NUEAAAD9I.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  3. #453
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,687
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Okay peeps. Remember Ferrari's winglet mirrors???

    What's your take on this??? Is this not a winglet above the mirror acting like an aero device? Will the FIA look the other way??? Will anyone lodge a complaint???

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6IgyopV4AQbBD7.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6Ig4OyUEAIYgRN.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6Ig7cCUIAAQJb6.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6Ig77NUEAAAD9I.jpg
    Surely that is an aero add-on, we definitely need to lodge a complaint, Merc have got away with too much already.

  4. #454
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    7,751
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Surely that is an aero add-on, we definitely need to lodge a complaint, Merc have got away with too much already.
    I totally agree, but the MIA will surely turn a blind eye and declare it legal
    ...the new SF90 in the MATTE RED, to me it looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  5. #455
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    340
    Regardless of what FIA says/does, Ferrari HAS to be vocal about it. I am tired of hearing rumours about Ferrari and nothing about the others.

  6. #456
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    882
    Ricardo Musconi another top race engineer Ferrari let slip known as ric he has masterminded Lewis Hamilton's titles now he has switched to valtrie no more butler tag Mr Bottas is focused this year ric would have been perfect at Ferrari in getting the race strategies correct.

  7. #457
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,687
    Ferrari have already let too many engineers and technical experts go in the past, sometimes because immediate results weren't forthcoming, and we all know how impatient we tifosi are to see our team winning again. I also feel that Ferrari shouldn't be too vocal and open about their Barcelona engine and aero updates until they are proved on track, it encourages people like Toto to claim that Merc are the underdogs!

  8. #458
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,816
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Ferrari have already let too many engineers and technical experts go in the past, sometimes because immediate results weren't forthcoming, and we all know how impatient we tifosi are to see our team winning again. I also feel that Ferrari shouldn't be too vocal and open about their Barcelona engine and aero updates until they are proved on track, it encourages people like Toto to claim that Merc are the underdogs!
    even if we are competitive or not, toto speaks the same start of race weekend/FP's: "Ferrari as strong, they are 0.7's faster on straight, they are the favorites for this weekend, we don't have silver bullet to match Ferrari"

    After Quali: "Lewis is stunning, bottas is not bulter anymore, Ferrari still fastest race car, can't under estimate our rivals"

    After race: "Ferrari shooting themselves down, we as a team collected maximum points, our reliability is good, still Ferrari is fastest car".
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  9. #459
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Baku,Azerbaijan
    Posts
    99
    f1 techical.net forum write that Ferrari will test new suspension on test and they dont use it because Vettel hit the wall with this on tests

  10. #460
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    971
    Mark Hughes on Vettel's driving style:

    The notion that he was flattered by the Adrian Newey Red Bulls is nonsense. On the contrary, he exaggerated the speed of the blown diffuser cars, squeezed more from them than would drivers with a more conventional style. I spent many hours standing trackside watching him do it and it could be quite extraordinary to behold, the Red Bull’s rear staying planted long enough to get him turned but then beginning to slide before the apex – which Vettel would cure by counter-intuitively standing hard on the gas pedal. He could do it in such a fluid, coordinated way, every time. Mark Webber used to shake his head after looking at his telemetry. He could this guy, who in a normal car wasn’t as quick as him through a fast corner, conjure this magic?

    There’s no inherent reason why this generation of car should not have the sort of planted rear he craves. So far this season, the Ferrari hasn’t had it – but did have during testing at the very track we’re now at.

  11. #461
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,927
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Mark Hughes on Vettel's driving style:
    So take away the trick diffuser and he is not as quick, as we are all beginning to see.
    Forza Ferrari

  12. #462
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,642
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

  13. #463
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    971
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So take away the trick diffuser and he is not as quick, as we are all beginning to see.
    In Vettel's entire career, he has been beaten just once by his teammate over the course of an entire season (2014), doubt if others drivers have the same record. No blown diffuser now but still quick enough, just ask his former world champion teammate Kimi Raikkonen or his current teammate Charles Leclerc who Seb is leading 4-1.

  14. #464
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,278
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    In Vettel's entire career, he has been beaten just once by his teammate over the course of an entire season (2014), doubt if others drivers have the same record. No blown diffuser now but still quick enough, just ask his former world champion teammate Kimi Raikkonen or his current teammate Charles Leclerc who Seb is leading 4-1.
    Charles, " Seb is faster than you!" sound familiar?

  15. #465
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,278
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    In Vettel's entire career, he has been beaten just once by his teammate over the course of an entire season (2014), doubt if others drivers have the same record. No blown diffuser now but still quick enough, just ask his former world champion teammate Kimi Raikkonen or his current teammate Charles Leclerc who Seb is leading 4-1.
    Take your pick Charles, Kimi, " Seb is faster than you!" sound familiar?

  16. #466
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Charles, " Seb is faster than you!" sound familiar?
    Not better than Max Monaco 2017 team radio “got ****”.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  17. #467
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    2,564
    I've been thinking it even since the 1st pics on Thursday about our upgrades,and I really cant believe it !!!!!
    It is like we are William's in the breach of bankruptcy and have no resources at all to develop the car!!! Then I remember Binoto claims at launch that this they will focus so much in on season development, he come hear saying that we responding with everything we have to take back the lost points,AND the actual interpretation to all this?? After 4 months with a horrible start from race 1 and we end up with 1 new rear wing,a cut in the engine cover, some tweaks on the bargeboards area and a tweak in the front wing that you need a magnified glass to see it!!!!!!!!And then you look at Mercs that on the 2d ote season test bring an update that change more then half of the car litterly. They come to the 1st race and although they show a dominant performance thay keep upgrading their car.Only in the bargeboards they have brought 3-4 different configurations.
    And I wonder what is going on in our team??? How they interpret the meaning of upgrading a car more then you are being bad need to close the gap??? And all this from a team with one of the biggest budgets in F1!!! Where do they spent all that money because we dont see any benefits from it ???!!!!
    It would be understandable if it will end up being proved that Binoto actually had a mission of ruining the team from some reasons ( I don't beleave it, just saying). Only then our reactions all these 4 months would make sense!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  18. #468
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,322
    German mentality: It is good or even great, but how can we do it better.

  19. #469
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    6,393
    Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I've been thinking it even since the 1st pics on Thursday about our upgrades,and I really cant believe it !!!!!
    It is like we are William's in the breach of bankruptcy and have no resources at all to develop the car!!! Then I remember Binoto claims at launch that this they will focus so much in on season development, he come hear saying that we responding with everything we have to take back the lost points,AND the actual interpretation to all this?? After 4 months with a horrible start from race 1 and we end up with 1 new rear wing,a cut in the engine cover, some tweaks on the bargeboards area and a tweak in the front wing that you need a magnified glass to see it!!!!!!!!And then you look at Mercs that on the 2d ote season test bring an update that change more then half of the car litterly. They come to the 1st race and although they show a dominant performance thay keep upgrading their car.Only in the bargeboards they have brought 3-4 different configurations.
    And I wonder what is going on in our team??? How they interpret the meaning of upgrading a car more then you are being bad need to close the gap??? And all this from a team with one of the biggest budgets in F1!!! Where do they spent all that money because we dont see any benefits from it ???!!!!
    It would be understandable if it will end up being proved that Binoto actually had a mission of ruining the team from some reasons ( I don't beleave it, just saying). Only then our reactions all these 4 months would make sense!!!!!
    This. Our in season development is laughable for years. I was wondering if it can be different this year, when we have a technician as a leader, but... nothing.

    "If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

  20. #470
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    This. Our in season development is laughable for years. I was wondering if it can be different this year, when we have a technician as a leader, but... nothing.
    Plus we have Alfa and Haas, somehow I am sure we should benefit from their developments too.

  21. #471
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    France
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    German mentality: It is good or even great, but how can we do it better.
    Sorry I don't get it ,
    Ferrari , Red Bull , Renault, Honda , mclaren looks all like amateur compared to this team Mercedes ,
    The only good explanation is the most rational one ,
    Mercedes spend a lot more money and human ressources on this project .
    They have hundreds of engineers in Stuttgart able to secretly work on specific problem like 4ws for instance and nobody at the FIA could really control this ,
    They had already act like this in the fifty's..

  22. #472
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,322
    It looks like it is better year after year. Now it is a beast, 5 x 1-2 so far, and looks like that is going to continue. Serial winner.

  23. #473
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    slovenia
    Posts
    133
    Let's see why Mercedes dominates. In 2009 Brown - Butten wins the championship f1. Already at the departure of Jean toda, Ross Brown, Schumacher, many English engineers went to the team from the Ferrari. In 2010, the acquisition of the English Mercedes team. The arrival of Schumacher and then hemlton, with which the best engineers came from McLaren. Also from red bulla there were some excellent engineers to Mercedes (2014). Due to poor results from 2010-2014, Ferrari -Alonso goes to Mercedes aldo costa, 2017 James Allison ... Then we have a Mercedes with a huge amount of money and knowledge in the field of the engine. And the circle is closed. The Mercedes team currently has more than 50% of the best engineers in the entire formula one. And the machine moves forward. What did the ferrari work at this time? Changing the leading positions .... 2017 made a good car, and at the death of the sergia marchiony it's just down. But I agree the engine is good, but the concept of the car 2019 is incorrect. greetings.

  24. #474
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,194
    Good on Binotto for admitting cars concept might be wrong one. My opinion, everyone thought this years cars will be up to 1.5s slower then last years ones. Ferrari (and Alfa/STR) found out that with their FW they can get similar outwash effect and get even better performance then last year. Unfortunately, it seems conventional FW, that started year kinda rocky, is proving to be even better bet. Ferrari just missed the target. Not theirs, Mercs. We had low target IMO.

    We are faster then last year and cars where supposed to be 1.5s slower. Thats awesome, right!? Unfortunately no, as Merc shown, they gained 0.5s more at least.

    This year is going to get rocky, very rocky. As soon as I saw RB clinging on their FW design and their sister team running ours, I knew some math was wrong.

  25. #475
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    slovenia
    Posts
    133
    The concept is definitely wrong. Look Alfa Romeo same problem look haas in corners are faster than Ferrari in Barcelona

  26. #476
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Baku,Azerbaijan
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    The concept is definitely wrong. Look Alfa Romeo same problem look haas in corners are faster than Ferrari in Barcelona
    Haas change front wing consept to MB and RB style and little bit stabilaze the front side.May be 50-60 % all of this we can solve if thange front wing.Haas can change why Ferrari whis this bugget and a lot of enginneers dont

  27. #477
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,927
    Concept is wrong and we have no development route, only a B chassis will solve it now....
    Forza Ferrari

  28. #478
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,382
    The overall concept may be wrong because there are enough slow corners/combinations on the calendar to give Merc a huge edge. But one thing that has improved compared to last year is cornering speed through very fast corners. Last year Merc was faster through turn 3 (Renault) och turn 9 (Campsa), this year Ferrari was faster. Combined with the straight line speed the SF90 should be ultra fast at Monza. We should be able to win at Silverstone, on merit this time (unlike last year because of Kimi's bump on Lewis), and also Spa again. The package should also have an edge at Paul Ricard and Suzuka. Circuits like Hockenheim, Austin, Interlagos and the likes with a mix of corners and slow infields may be a nightmare. Because last year at least the SF71H had great traction out of any corner type (which saved Kimi in Austin). It was a rocket during the acceleration phase. I haven't seen that this year. But that was also one thing I commented on last year that it looked like it was "switched off" (by order from the FIA?) from the Singapore GP onwards and only "turn on" one more time again last year, Austin, Kimi's win (no matter the upgrade errors it wasn't there). We also don't know what rain might do this year? Maybe Ferrari will be stronger than Merc for some reason? Anyway, we need "snookers" and a lot of them to get back. On the other hand, a few DNFs for the opposition and anything is possible. Let's give Bottas four of them like Kimi last year and we'll see.

  29. #479
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Concept is wrong and we have no development route, only a B chassis will solve it now....
    Merc did have same issue in testing1, but they did come with new car in testing2. Such is their Development.
    Ferrari same car in testing1, testing2, same in last 4 races, come Barcelona even with new pieces they aren't near mercs.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  30. #480
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    41
    No way Mercedes developed a whole new car in 2 weeks. They were planning on bringing that car to test 2 in the first place.
    But I do agree with Ferrari's lack of updates. They keep analysing stuff and falling behind everybody. Maybe it's time they get a non-Italian team boss, current situation clearly doesn't work.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •