Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
Results 631 to 660 of 970

Thread: Ferrari SF90

  1. #631
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Problem found, new front wing and barge boards will be ready for Canada to address it !! potential gain between 4 and 8 tenth.
    sorry don’t get me wrong...
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  2. #632
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Problem found, new front wing and barge boards will be ready for Canada to address it !! potential gain between 4 and 8 tenth.
    Binotto said the car would be the same in Canada as it was in Monaco.

  3. #633
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,517
    after MonacoGP 2019

    Vettel assures that Ferrari has "identified" its "weaknesses"

    The German believes that his big deficit with Mercedes is due to lack of load
    Mattia Binotto has denied that the Italians are going to change the design of the car

    Sebastian Vettel has identified the lack of aerodynamic load as the main weakness of the Ferrari of 2019. The German, who has thrown humor to analyze the situation, believes that the criticism of Maranello this season is not in line with the pace of the car.

    The blow of reality of Ferrari in these first races is no longer a surprise. They left the preseason as clear favorites, but in these first races of the season they have not confirmed that vitola and, after six races, they have not scored any victory, while their main rivals, Mercedes, have six of six, with five doubles.

    It is clear that the car is not up to its rival, the W10, and it seems that Sebastian Vettel is clear about the problem of the SF90: it lacks downforce: "I saw that Valtteri was faster, but could not pass any of the ways, since our top speed is very good, the problem is that we lack aerodynamic load, a weakness that we have already identified, "explained the four-time world champion.

    Despite this weakness and poor results, compared to the last two seasons, the German looks on the positive side and believes that the criticism of the Maranello saddle has been exaggerated at the beginning of 2019.

    " I do not think the car is as bad as it looks, the results should be better, but it is very difficult for us to put the car right in the window where it gives its maximum performance, when we do it, we will be much more competitive, but we are still far from where We want to be, it's a short-term goal, to get closer to that window. "

    The season, practically, has just started, but Vettel is already 55 points from Hamilton, while last year he was 14, and Ferrari to a world of Mercedes, to 118 points, when 12 months ago he was 22.

    "Looking at the next three, four or five races, we have to make sure we improve the car, we put more grip and it will go faster, it's that simple, but the guy who takes care of all this seems to be hiding Well, if you see him, tell him we're looking for him, "the German said ironically.


    https://translate.google.com/transla...81&prev=search
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  4. #634
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    799
    Changes at Ferrari have just happened some personal have been moved on and others have been promoted.In addition Ferrari have started making changes to the front end suspension as stated on Ferrari news 24. I hope this helps the Ferrari cause.

  5. #635
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,517
    Ferrari to drop its Mission Winnow branding for the next 2 races and replace it with SF90 logo.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  6. #636
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    7,548
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ferrari to drop its Mission Winnow branding for the next 2 races and replace it with SF90 logo.
    Ah, so that sf90 90 years logo will be the upgrades we,ll have for the next 2 races? Wow let’s hope that with it will take the fight to Merc, as I’m sure they will introduce their spec 2 engine in Canada...
    ...the new SF90 in the MATTE RED, to me it looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  7. #637
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,517
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    as I’m sure they will introduce their spec 2 engine in Canada...
    Ferrari took the Spec 2 engine early to fight against the Mercs. HAAS and Alfa took it later.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  8. #638
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    7,548
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ferrari took the Spec 2 engine early to fight against the Mercs. HAAS and Alfa took it later.
    u misunderstood mate, the MERC will introduce their spec 2 engine in Canada probably....i KNOW we alreday introduce it in spain along with some upgrades that did NOTHING AGAINST THE MERC....lol
    ...the new SF90 in the MATTE RED, to me it looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  9. #639
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Changes at Ferrari have just happened some personal have been moved on and others have been promoted.In addition Ferrari have started making changes to the front end suspension as stated on Ferrari news 24. I hope this helps the Ferrari cause.
    Yes, let's change personal again, it worked for the last 10 years, right? Merc also had issue with tyres in the past, but they didn't reorganize the team. At Ferrari I believe is a fear that you will lose your job if you make one mistake. At least that's what it looks like from the outside. Let guys settle in and do their job, Newey also produced bad cars.

  10. #640
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    887
    Sebastian Vettel may retire at the end of 2019.

    https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/38100...9-season-.html

  11. #641
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,446
    Do we have any sources that Merc are revealing their spec 2 engine in Canada? Not that it matters. Everyone brought their updated version already except Merc. That's scary.

  12. #642
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,362
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    after MonacoGP 2019

    Vettel assures that Ferrari has "identified" its "weaknesses"

    The German believes that his big deficit with Mercedes is due to lack of load
    Mattia Binotto has denied that the Italians are going to change the design of the car

    Sebastian Vettel has identified the lack of aerodynamic load as the main weakness of the Ferrari of 2019. The German, who has thrown humor to analyze the situation, believes that the criticism of Maranello this season is not in line with the pace of the car.

    The blow of reality of Ferrari in these first races is no longer a surprise. They left the preseason as clear favorites, but in these first races of the season they have not confirmed that vitola and, after six races, they have not scored any victory, while their main rivals, Mercedes, have six of six, with five doubles.

    It is clear that the car is not up to its rival, the W10, and it seems that Sebastian Vettel is clear about the problem of the SF90: it lacks downforce: "I saw that Valtteri was faster, but could not pass any of the ways, since our top speed is very good, the problem is that we lack aerodynamic load, a weakness that we have already identified, "explained the four-time world champion.

    Despite this weakness and poor results, compared to the last two seasons, the German looks on the positive side and believes that the criticism of the Maranello saddle has been exaggerated at the beginning of 2019.

    " I do not think the car is as bad as it looks, the results should be better, but it is very difficult for us to put the car right in the window where it gives its maximum performance, when we do it, we will be much more competitive, but we are still far from where We want to be, it's a short-term goal, to get closer to that window. "

    The season, practically, has just started, but Vettel is already 55 points from Hamilton, while last year he was 14, and Ferrari to a world of Mercedes, to 118 points, when 12 months ago he was 22.

    "Looking at the next three, four or five races, we have to make sure we improve the car, we put more grip and it will go faster, it's that simple, but the guy who takes care of all this seems to be hiding Well, if you see him, tell him we're looking for him, "the German said ironically.


    https://translate.google.com/transla...81&prev=search


    What does Vettel know? It's not downforce that the car needs.. it's rear wheel steering. It's the only thing wrong with the car... ask mardyrt.

  13. #643
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,362
    Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    If you think this is about tires, then, in your view, the tires only come on for the Mercedes in the last sector in Barcelona and few corners in Austrailia all through the track, some corners tiers work, others tires do not work, you think tires work like that? Also, if it is the tiers, you think in the last sector alone, we will loose .8 seconds? Also, if its tires alone, then we will be loosing in the faster sections, but then why are we on similar pace to Mercedes? It is not the tires. If we are keeping with mercedes in fast corners with bad tires, then we have the best downforce, and still we are loosing in the slow corners, how is that possible. YOu have to look at the data, all around, not just one track, not just in one senario, you have to look at all of it, look at the apex speeds, acceleration in the corners, how the steering input is, the braking. We actually gain in some of braking phases, but as soon as we turn the steering, we start loosing, because, at the point of turning, we have slowed down more than mercedes and we are loosing all the way to the apex and all the way to the acceleration phase.
    Really. Why did Haas get better so quick now that they've got the tires to work better. Why does Vettel complain that he can't heat up his tires? Why is everyone pointing to the fact that the Mercs make more downforce with their style front wing? Our car is very good in high speed corners because the downforce at higher speeds is pretty good, we don't have the ability to keep the tires up to temp at slower speeds... big difference in cornering speeds with warm tires vs cold tires. This can be remedied through better downforce at slower speeds and more aggressive suspension settings. Rear brake steering is not allowed and how would they adjust it through every corner, by steering input? That would be even more illegal. Red Bull dominated for 4 years using downforce to be the best through the corners.

  14. #644
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,362
    Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    Yes, let's change personal again, it worked for the last 10 years, right? Merc also had issue with tyres in the past, but they didn't reorganize the team. At Ferrari I believe is a fear that you will lose your job if you make one mistake. At least that's what it looks like from the outside. Let guys settle in and do their job, Newey also produced bad cars.
    I agree 100%. For once let's let the team work through the issues. The car is quick, let them find out how to make it turn. Binotto says its a young team, it would be a shame to let some up&coming talent go somewhere else instead of growing them at Ferrari.

  15. #645
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Do we have any sources that Merc are revealing their spec 2 engine in Canada? Not that it matters. Everyone brought their updated version already except Merc. That's scary.
    2-3 races ago, Wolff said that they are preparing really good engine upgrade for Canada.

  16. #646
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,517
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    u misunderstood mate, the MERC will introduce their spec 2 engine in Canada probably....i KNOW we alreday introduce it in spain along with some upgrades that did NOTHING AGAINST THE MERC....lol
    Sorry about that...my bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    What does Vettel know? It's not downforce that the car needs.. it's rear wheel steering. It's the only thing wrong with the car... ask mardyrt.
    There comes a point where both Ferrari and Merc are maxed out in hp......now, given these so called "tire windows" (ffs ) , they have to induce heat into the tires.....so downforce or suspension geometry....or both.

    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    2-3 races ago, Wolff said that they are preparing really good engine upgrade for Canada.
    I think I read that too somewhere.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  17. #647
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,362
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Sorry about that...my bad.



    There comes a point where both Ferrari and Merc are maxed out in hp......now, given these so called "tire windows" (ffs ) , they have to induce heat into the tires.....so downforce or suspension geometry....or both.



    I think I read that too somewhere.

    I was being sarcastic. I will add a next time.

  18. #648
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    2,518
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    2-3 races ago, Wolff said that they are preparing really good engine upgrade for Canada.
    https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/me...anada/4397925/

    + 20 hp
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  19. #649
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,416
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    2-3 races ago, Wolff said that they are preparing really good engine upgrade for Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Don’t kid your self, this upgrade was prepared in 2014 - they decided to open the tap a little more in Canada.

    #F1Farce
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  20. #650
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,517
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Don’t kid your self, this upgrade was prepared in 2014 - they decided to open the tap a little more in Canada.

    #F1Farce
    Not to mention, all Merc cars are still on the same components after Monaco........the blows just keep coming.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  21. #651
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,416
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Not to mention, all Merc cars are still on the same components after Monaco........the blows just keep coming.
    Merc is all smoke and mirrors....Don’t get me started on all the fake drama in Monaco. F1 is a complete scripted joke. Yet, I can’t not watch...sad lol
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  22. #652
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    7,548
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Merc is all smoke and mirrors....Don’t get me started on all the fake drama in Monaco. F1 is a complete scripted joke. Yet, I can’t not watch...sad lol
    I hear ya brotha....at least you’re not going to Montreal like I am.
    If I would have known back in Feb when I bought my tickets that this years Ferrari is going to be a MULE, I would have never gotten tickets....but all the hype after winter testing kind of assured me that we may actually have a good car this year....Boy was I WRONG....lol
    ...the new SF90 in the MATTE RED, to me it looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  23. #653
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,367
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I hear ya brotha....at least you’re not going to Montreal like I am.
    My condolences...


    Disappointed Since 2010

  24. #654
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,517
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I hear ya brotha....at least you’re not going to Montreal like I am.
    If I would have known back in Feb when I bought my tickets that this years Ferrari is going to be a MULE, I would have never gotten tickets....but all the hype after winter testing kind of assured me that we may actually have a good car this year....Boy was I WRONG....lol
    New paddock and garages at Gilles. Enjoy. They are putting in the finishing touches. I have pics.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  25. #655
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    7,548
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    New paddock and garages at Gilles. Enjoy. They are putting in the finishing touches. I have pics.
    yeah, Montreal is always fun, the parties downtown, hot sports cars driving around.....just a bummer that Ferrari F1 team won't challange for WIN like they did last year....that's what made the weekend that much better last year.....OH WELL.....there's always NEXT YEAR.....
    ...the new SF90 in the MATTE RED, to me it looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  26. #656
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,389
    I wonder why did Ferrari introduce Spec2 in Barcelona which was actually planned for Canada.
    Also Haas & Alfa Romeo did take spec2 in Monaco, on a track where Max engine power is not required.

    Don't know what's going on with Ferrari.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  27. #657
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,517
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I wonder why did Ferrari introduce Spec2 in Barcelona which was actually planned for Canada.
    To "battle" against MB early on..................which was not the case.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  28. #658
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    7,548
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    To "battle" against MB early on..................which was not the case.
    Yeah, that spec 2 engine which we brought in Spain along with some downgrades, hardly did anything....Merc still wiped the floor with us....wait till they bring their own Spec 2 engine to Canada....which arguably is the same engine since 2014, just opening up the POWER TAP a little more....man oh man, we can’t win for losing.....
    ...the new SF90 in the MATTE RED, to me it looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  29. #659
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,644
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I wonder why did Ferrari introduce Spec2 in Barcelona which was actually planned for Canada.
    Also Haas & Alfa Romeo did take spec2 in Monaco, on a track where Max engine power is not required.

    Don't know what's going on with Ferrari.
    It didn't help Alfa much either, who seem to be doing the same backward step as Ferrari, Haas has the quali performance but even they can't make the best use of our so-called powerful engine in the races.

  30. #660
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Really. Why did Haas get better so quick now that they've got the tires to work better. Why does Vettel complain that he can't heat up his tires? Why is everyone pointing to the fact that the Mercs make more downforce with their style front wing? Our car is very good in high speed corners because the downforce at higher speeds is pretty good, we don't have the ability to keep the tires up to temp at slower speeds... big difference in cornering speeds with warm tires vs cold tires. This can be remedied through better downforce at slower speeds and more aggressive suspension settings. Rear brake steering is not allowed and how would they adjust it through every corner, by steering input? That would be even more illegal. Red Bull dominated for 4 years using downforce to be the best through the corners.
    If its really tires, you would see it all through the lap, not just in slow corners. It is not aero either, as it would show around the whole lap, even in Fast sections we would loose. Their car is very fast in turning and carrying a lot of speed to the apex. If it is tires, were they blind from last year? When Mercedes was doing so well in those tires, Ferrari should have taken not and at least try to work around it. Not just play dead and think all is ok, we can find away and not do anything, not even change the suspension, it was same front end as last year, no major changes. Did you see the moveable suspension video? That helps them to turn the car to the apex much faster by moving the tires toward the rotating axis of the car. Which helps to translate the rear braking and get better turn out of it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •