Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari SF90

I mean, shouldn't getting more heat into your tyres be trivial. The brakes are right there, channel some of that heat toward the tyre.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    I mean, shouldn't getting more heat into your tyres be trivial. The brakes are right there, channel some of that heat toward the tyre.
    easier said then done mate....if it were just as easy as cutting some holes in the brake drum shields to let some brakes heat out into the rims which then would end up in the tires, you think Ferrari wouldn't have done it by now??? then again it's Ferrari we're talking about so you never know....LOL
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

There are various ways to put heat into the tyres such as adjusting the suspension geometry, camber/toe-in/more wing etc but it's not so straightforward because you then have to manage that heat - i.e. to get the tyres hot enough but not so they keep heating up when they reach optimal temperature, especially if the tyres have a very narrow ideal heat range.

This temperature requirement or heating rate will be different for each compound, track surface, ambient temperature. Suspension geometry changes will affect cornering grip and traction to some extent. More wing will affect top speed and so on...

Systems that can assist or optimise the suspension performance at each part of every track would be more effective than relying on fixed settings to the aero or suspension components.

Even without being an engineer you can start seeing the magnitude of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Its not about heating the tire, its about keeping it in the optimum temp. The thinner treads loose heat faster, thats why Mercedes pushed for it. Thinner treads is harder to keep within the temp range, it heats up faster and cools faster. Thats why they say the operating window is so small. Ferrari was dumb for letting it happen. They should have said to Mercedes "no, learn to cool your tires, everyone else is doing well." We said ok but didnt back it up with any development or solutiin to fix it. They knew last year that the tires will be like this, so why they didnt do anything? Almost like they forgot about it.
    Last edited by mardyrt; 4th June 2019 at 16:55.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    easier said then done mate....if it were just as easy as cutting some holes in the brake drum shields to let some brakes heat out into the rims which then would end up in the tires, you think Ferrari wouldn't have done it by now??? then again it's Ferrari we're talking about so you never know....LOL
    Right? You think they would have figured this out by now but have you seen their strategies? Makes you wonder...

Mercedes has far to much influence over Pirelli .Why one must ask the question the theories and conspiracies would be sky high the solution the tyre supplier should not be from Europe full stop.PIrelli have either to much to gain or to much to loose with mercedes calling the shots.

Ferrari needs to win a few races; and then maybe F-Pirelli will think twice as to who to favor? I don't believe Pirelli is anti Italy.

Let’s not forget... Not that long ago Mercedes where exploring ways to heat the tires artificially. I remember heat guns on the grid at each wheel before the start. I’m sure that concept has been continued.

Special wheels last year... didn’t look like much but you can’t see what’s inside can you.

Less tread on the tires would lose heat faster... making overheat (artificial or not) less likely.

Gazzetta reports the following development steps of Ferrari for the Europe races

France = new front wing (new profile, new flaps but still the concept of outwash)
    Austria = new floor
    Great Britian = new diffuser
    Germany = new flow diverters in front of the sides

Would be nice having Bridgestone back in the fold again... when Ferrari were dominant, everyone talked about how innovative they were... I'm starting to believe Bridgestone suiting their tyres to Ferrari had significantly more to do with it....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Ferrari needs to win a few races; and then maybe F-Pirelli will think twice as to who to favor? I don't believe Pirelli is anti Italy.
    I don't think they are anti-Italy, they are just pro-money and opportunity. Mercedes-Benz sold 2.3 million cars in 2018, Daimler AG sold another 2.4 million. I don't know how many of those 4.7 million cars are fitted with Pirelli's - but there is a lot of money to be made for Pirelli with Merc. Comparatively, Ferrari produces less than 10,000 cars annually. Just a thought.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I don't think they are anti-Italy, they are just pro-money and opportunity. Mercedes-Benz sold 2.3 million cars in 2018, Daimler AG sold another 2.4 million. I don't know how many of those 4.7 million cars are fitted with Pirelli's - but there is a lot of money to be made for Pirelli with Merc. Comparatively, Ferrari produces less than 10,000 cars annually. Just a thought.
    Wow! You are 100% right on the money. So is Pirelli!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Gazzetta reports the following development steps of Ferrari for the Europe races

France = new front wing (new profile, new flaps but still the concept of outwash)
    Austria = new floor
    And in Hungary just in time when I'll attend the race Mercedes will clench both titles

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    And in Hungary just in time when I'll attend the race Mercedes will clench both titles
    just see if any our driver will be on podium.

Trip to memory lane, The Car so good it shocked Ferrari

https://youtu.be/MpDqs9ljSqg

Austria = new floor
    So in other word if these are true, Season lost already, then again we sort have knew that in Australia, if not then, then for sure
    after Marc banked 5 1-2’s in the first FIVE races
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

just see if any our driver will be on podium.
    There is a chance there will be a scorching hot weather here around this time, so we my come out quite well.
    Or rain again, which will not suite us at all.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/bi...acher/4448229/
    I know that it looks like talks talks talks once again, but I want to believe that we are not lost like we look to be right now,but that we actually have a long term plan and in the near future we will see better days!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/bi...acher/4448229/
    I know that it looks like talks talks talks once again, but I want to believe that we are not lost like we look to be right now,but that we actually have a long term plan and in the near future we will see better days!!!
    May be he’s had long term plan

2019 is a "correction" year for Ferrari. Season was or is gone....however you perceive it.

Binotto's making changes internally. We've had "Marlboro" men at the healm since the start of this hybrid era. Yes, Seb 2018 was his year.

2020 onward is Binotto's years. He's the right man.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Ferrari will finish this year strongly the only way is up.ferrari will start pushing this weekend expect the unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari will finish this year strongly the only way is up.ferrari will start pushing this weekend expect the unexpected.
    I hope your'e right! Ferrari needs a pole here. Lewis has 6 poles in Canada tying Schumy. Seb has 4, going to be 5!!!

It's obvious to date that Ferrari have been terrible for what ever reasons.we have been the underdogs all season to date Ferrari should hold that mantle and mind set permanently mercedes will totally believe this while quietly in the back ground the Ferrari is bought back to life.THEN BANG Ferrari surprise with multiple wins this will put mercedes and others in a spin .We do not believe Toto and Ham talk and even Bottas is starting to play the mercedes fiddle . A perfect storm will developed because no one will be telling the truth the playing field will truely be on a level playing field then it's game on big time Ferrari will improve 100%for sure.

I hope your'e right! Ferrari needs a pole here. Lewis has 6 poles in Canada tying Schumy. Seb has 4, going to be 5!!!
    Lewis 7, seb 4

Lewis 7, seb 4
    I hope your crystal ball is wrong! Max on pole !!

No way Charles will take pole the car will be quick and his body weight is lighter than ham bottas and vetal 2/ 3 kilos lighter = pole that's my tip.

Red Bull have historically been super strong here so it will be extremely tough to keep them behind. With Mercedes, hopefully the gap is not much more than half a second.

I hope your crystal ball is wrong! Max on pole !!
    Max .... let him come out of pit wall in safe mode first.

It's obvious to date that Ferrari have been terrible for what ever reasons.we have been the underdogs all season to date Ferrari should hold that mantle and mind set permanently mercedes will totally believe this while quietly in the back ground the Ferrari is bought back to life.THEN BANG Ferrari surprise with multiple wins this will put mercedes and others in a spin .We do not believe Toto and Ham talk and even Bottas is starting to play the mercedes fiddle . A perfect storm will developed because no one will be telling the truth the playing field will truely be on a level playing field then it's game on big time Ferrari will improve 100%for sure.
    And then you woke up?

Disappointed Since 2010

The only way Ferrari or RedBull are winning a race this year is if Merc turn down the engines and let it happen to save face. There is no level playing field - there is Merc and then everyone else.

I've joked about it earlier, but if Ferrari are competitive it will only be because merc are allowing it.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~