Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari SF90

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Gazzetta reports the following development steps of Ferrari for the Europe races

France = new front wing (new profile, new flaps but still the concept of outwash)
    Austria = new floor
    Great Britian = new diffuser
    Germany = new flow diverters in front of the sides
    check....so far so good
    It's not how start but how you finish.

You know the season is over when Ferrari reports there are correlation issues in the wind tunnel and simulators...AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    That’s it, they made a little cut in the end plate and a little winglet and that is our new wing?????
    Jeez, does someone have some side by side comparison, as to me it only looks like subtle changes....
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9fkPcEXkAAfriQ.jpg:large

Here.

shape changes a little bit. They key word is little

The kind of changes Mercedes does every 2 races. Even Racing Point brings more new stuff than Ferrari every race.

That’s it, they made a little cut in the end plate and a little winglet and that is our new wing?????
    Jeez, does someone have some side by side comparison, as to me it only looks like subtle changes....
    That is by no means a little change, the part generating the down force has at least increased by 10 % compared to the wing's width. Instead of being smoothed towards the extremities of the wing we can now see clearly a "step".

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    This is purely adding down-force.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    That is by no means a little change, the part generating the down force has at least increased by 10 % compared to the wing's width. Instead of being smoothed towards the extremities of the wing we can now see clearly a "step".
    Ok , hope it works and that is a step in the right direction, every little bit of downforce helps in order to work the front tires better and keep them in the narrow window of operation that they need to be....thank U Pirelli or should I say Mercelli
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Ferrari brings new 2019 F1 front wing to French GP

Ferrari has brought a new front wing to the French Grand Prix at Paul Ricard that features detail changes to its current Formula 1 concept.
    Throughout the season so far, Ferrari has been one of the teams to experiment with a more extreme front-wing design, which features an outboard section that slopes downward.

With this breed of front wing, the downforce output is concentrated at the inboard section, while the outboard portion is then used to turn airflow around the front tyre.

While there is no change in that philosophy, there seems to be a concerted effort by Ferrari to strengthen the outwash effect, as seen in Giorgio Piola's images from Thursday.

From the outboard section, the curvature in the wing has been changed where the mainplane transitions downwards at a later point.

There is also a new set of endplates, featuring a rectangular cutout at the top section to encourage more air to spill around the front face of the tyre.

This is complemented by a change to the footplate, which now features a small fin to further boost the channelling of airflow outwards.

Ferrari principal Mattia Binotto said that although the upgrades brought to France will not provide an immediate fix to the SF90's problems, they should instead inform the team's "next steps" in defining its upgrades.

"In France we will have a few small evolutions, elements that represent for us a useful step in defining the direction we will take in developing the car," said Binotto.

"What we will be bringing won't be the solution to our problems, but the technical feedback we get from these evolutions will be important for the next steps we take."

The older-spec front wing has also been brought to France, suggesting that back-to-back running will take place to assess the merits of the new wing.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...g-to-french-gp

also new bits on the floor ... check it in alber fabrega's twitter feed

Ferrari. More "highlighted" differences on the wings front wing.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9gDt9aXsAAhv95.jpg

new floor as well

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9hOplSXoAIYAa2.jpg

Pre FrenchGP

[AMuS]

Ferrari UPDATES: The Ferrari engineers have modified the front wing, the floor, the brake vents and the rear wing end plates.

Ferrari is in the process of figuring out whether the car's weaknesses have been correctly interpreted, whether there were any correlation problems between the race track, CFD & wind tunnel & whether the 1st of several development steps is pointing in the right direction.

Pre FrenchGP

[AMuS]

Ferrari UPDATES: The Ferrari engineers have modified the front wing, the floor, the brake vents and the rear wing end plates.

Ferrari is in the process of figuring out whether the car's weaknesses have been correctly interpreted, whether there were any correlation problems between the race track, CFD & wind tunnel & whether the 1st of several development steps is pointing in the right direction.

You left out getting the tire choices right! That seems to be right up there with Ferrari's biggest problem.

So in France we brought the new floor we supposed to bring in Austria ?????!!!!
    It failed and we're gonna test it again now ,this weekend ???!!!! And if it fails again is it gonna compromise the hole concept ( the other upgrades in the next races)????!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

So Ferrari still cannot find out what is wrong? Do they nit realize that when there are short twisty corners, mercedes have huge advantage, why? Same thing in Barcelona. Canada there wasnt any slow chicanes except for the last 2 corners but even then it was is an unusual chicane as it is high speed and must be very prcise. They generate tire temp with this rear steer as it helps to work the tires harder in front and rear and they can cool it down because their front wing doesnt channel air to the side like Ferrari. Ferrari is stupid for chasing a imaginary tale.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    So Ferrari still cannot find out what is wrong? Do they nit realize that when there are short twisty corners, mercedes have huge advantage, why? Same thing in Barcelona. Canada there wasnt any slow chicanes except for the last 2 corners but even then it was is an unusual chicane as it is high speed and must be very prcise. They generate tire temp with this rear steer as it helps to work the tires harder in front and rear and they can cool it down because their front wing doesnt channel air to the side like Ferrari. Ferrari is stupid for chasing a imaginary tale.
    I'm no expert but I tend to agree with you, the car seems to be a design that just doesn't work with the current tyres and against the 'RWS' effect of Merc, Ferrari are actually flogging a dead horse! I'd love to be proved wrong, starting this weekend in Austria, as the car does have some merit otherwise it would be behind Red Bull and possibly even others.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I'm no expert but I tend to agree with you, the car seems to be a design that just doesn't work with the current tyres and against the 'RWS' effect of Merc, Ferrari are actually flogging a dead horse! I'd love to be proved wrong, starting this weekend in Austria, as the car does have some merit otherwise it would be behind Red Bull and possibly even others.
    I would be glad if we win 1 race this season - especially Monza. Have already written off this season and tipped my hat to Merc/Lewis. All the upcoming Free Practice sessions will be used for testing and clawing back downforce but there is no magic silver bullet that would let us win the WDC or the WCC this year.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

take heart Ferrari fans, this is promising https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/l...-pole/4485055/

Wisepie; Charles on pole ! You gotta believe !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Wisepie; Charles on pole ! You gotta believe !
    It's the race that counts, Brembo, and I'd like to believe but....................awesome job anyway!

It's the race that counts, Brembo, and I'd like to believe but....................awesome job anyway!
    Charles needed Seb in 2nd place behind him . That would have helped stop Max for sure. I can't accept a R Bull Honda car better than what Seb has !

Charles needed Seb in 2nd place behind him . That would have helped stop Max for sure. I can't accept a R Bull Honda car better than what Seb has !
    mate, it's NOT the car that's better......it's Max that outshines teh red bull.....adn Seb is slowly fading away.....OR has he actually EVER had it b4???? or was it just the rocketship Newey built him all those years at red bull.....and he's just a driver that is only good at best and NOT exceptional.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

mate, it's NOT the car that's better......it's Max that outshines teh red bull.....adn Seb is slowly fading away.....OR has he actually EVER had it b4???? or was it just the rocketship Newey built him all those years at red bull.....and he's just a driver that is only good at best and NOT exceptional.....
    I couldn't have said it better ! A rocket ship it was ! I believe those years without competition with that car, cost Seb big time as far as fighting for position and all other things involved in getting up front each race. It now shows. Mistakes a 4x er should not be making. He has 11 yrs. on Charles and can't catch him without a team order for the most part. It's Max great driving for sure , not his ride. And ... he never needs a pole start to win !

I couldn't have said it better ! A rocket ship it was ! I believe those years without competition with that car, cost Seb big time as far as fighting for position and all other things involved in getting up front each race. It now shows. Mistakes a 4x er should not be making. He has 11 yrs. on Charles and can't catch him without a team order for the most part. It's Max great driving for sure , not his ride. And ... he never needs a pole start to win !
    Geez Brembo, if 4 years in a Red Bull dulled Seb's race senses, imagine what Lewis would look like in a Ferrari after 5-6 years in the Merc? He'd be running around trying to pass Kubica.

When drivers know they have the best car and are untouchable, then they tend to be more relaxed and don't have to push so hard. Lewis was not the best overtaker and made lots of mistakes in lesser cars.... took Massa out of 3-4 races with clumsy attempts at passing.

Any news on the next round of updates?

Max outshines the Red Bull and wins his 6th race in 5 years?!

Yes, exactly like how Seb needed Charles in 2nd place behind him in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Max outshines the Red Bull and wins his 6th race in 5 years?!
    . Future star only 6 wins ...!! Not a single pole.

Where as Charles already 2 pole positions & almost 2 wins in a rookie year with ferrari that too against mercs.