Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 31415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari SF90

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    If it wasn't during a race, that move is called "Attempted Vehicular Homicide! " No apology made it worse. The names, Two Bins, the moaner, loser, he got paid what else did he want, was a big one. They were all used here before any name I used. I learned how from the Shumy fans. He was cursed for a book he never wrote.
    Were they not disrespectful because it was Rubens they cursed left right and every which way? I very well know what you mean by your statements,It's , who cares if Rubens made it alive or not , no apology was necessary , it was Shumy! Again , Thank God Rubens came out alive and is doing well by his family. The time @ F-1 payed well. The name Crashstappen . Is that disrespectful ?
    You might want to go to a Max forum. Reminder, Max is not a Ferrari forum, this is not a Max Forum.

And no, Crashtappen is not disrespectful. Is his nickname cause his crash habit was so bad it was made into a joke webpage.
    http://crashstappen.com/
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    You might want to go to a Max forum. Reminder, Max is not a Ferrari forum, this is not a Max Forum.

And no, Crashtappen is not disrespectful. Is his nickname cause his crash habit was so bad it was made into a joke webpage.
    http://crashstappen.com/
    Thank you always for the friendly reminders ! I doubt there's another forum with so many friendly fans like you. And first and foremost almost every post here talks good and bad about who won the last race and how he did it from behind! Why go anywhere? Just imagine if after every race, if Ferrari is not a winner , no one here mentions or cares about how the race went or anything about who won. A empty blank forum until the next practice quali. race.
    I like F-1 races. I'll stay here!

Thank you always for the friendly reminders ! I doubt there's another forum with so many friendly fans like you. And first and foremost almost every post here talks good and bad about who won the last race and how he did it from behind! Why go anywhere? Just imagine if after every race, if Ferrari is not a winner , no one here mentions or cares about how the race went or anything about who won. A empty blank forum until the next practice quali. race.
    I like F-1 races. I'll stay here!
    I do nothing more than reminding you that this is a Ferrari forum. I need to do this, since you are showing everyone your love towards a competitor (Max) to the extend of causing everyone discontent and quite honestly making us wonder if you're trolling.
    Your posting goes way past commenting bout who won a race. If you don't care about Ferrari, feel free to leave. If you love so much about Max Crashtappen, just go join one forum about him.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Your posts are more about me than mine are about Max! Much appreciated. I'm sure Max shares Gilles third wish " To drive for Ferrari!" Team Ferrari and their fans need a current strong driver along with Charles. 4WDC with the enemy means nothing so far 2019 as far as winning now! This is a Ferrari forum!!! Fans should hope for the best for the future. Results not names is what counts. Enough with saying over and over, Merc and Lewis are unbeatable. Go find a Merc Lewis forum if that's how one feels. This is a Ferrari forum!!!

Ferrari finally found the right development path

Scuderia Ferrari seems to have found the breakthrough with its development programme for its 2019 Formula One racing car after having lost its way following the troublesome start to the season. However, recent results showed that Ferrari has been successful in making changes to cure the shortcomings of its car.

The Maranello-based outfit is yet to win a race in 2019, its last triumph coming in the 2018 United States Grand Prix thanks to Kimi Räikkönen. Despite to various problems, Ferrari has performed well in some of the first nine races of the current season.

In Manama, Charles Leclerc was on course to clinch his first career victory before an engine-related issue slowed him down and only came in third. In Baku, the Monegasque controlled the race weekend until the second qualifying segment when he crashed his car into the barriers, forcing him to start the race from 16th. In Montreal, Sebastian Vettel finished first on the road, but a controversial post-race time-penalty denied him Canada victory. In Spielberg, Leclerc grabbed the pole position in an impressive way and fought for the victory until the final laps of the race before he was overtaken by Max Verstappen with three laps to go.

For the third race in a row, Ferrari will once again introduce a smaller package of new aerodynamic parts at this weekend’s British Grand Prix. Team principal Mattia Binotto confirmed that the team does not only want to increase the outright performance of the SF90, but it also wants to validate the success of recent development work.

"We are bringing a further small aerodynamic modification as we continue to push hard on the development of our car. The weekend will also be an opportunity to increase our understanding of the recent work we did, which has seen us close the gap to our competitors on specific types of track,” the Swiss-Italian said.

By highlighting the main stations of the development work carried out on its 2019 race car, we take a look at how Ferrari has reacted with upgrades after realizing that it had been carrying a performance deficit to Mercedes.

Azerbaijan Grand Prix

In Baku, Ferrari revealed the upgrades that marked the first development step for its SF90 Formula 1 car. As part of this package, the team debuted a revised set of bargeboards which featured new vertical elements on the slotted footplate to have more control of the airflow flying towards the back of the car. The floor was also modified with the engineers adding new turning fins ahead of the rear tyres to decrease drag.

As Ferrari’s concept builds on a low-drag philosophy, the team did not need to bring an extreme low downforce rear wing for the never-ending straights of the Baku race track, but it introduced a curved mainplane to it to tailor its rear wing a bit to meet the demands of the first street circuit of the 2019 season.

- a revised set of bargeboards
    - a track-specific lower downforce rear wing
    - modified floor

Spanish Grand Prix

Barcelona saw Ferrari introducing its second significant upgrade package for its 2019 car including changes to the power unit, the engine cover and the front wing.

The new engine cover featured an aggressive notch, a cut-off behind the airbox section. The reshaped front wing featured revised endplate with more sweeping angle which helped drive more dirty air away around the front tyres. The team also brought forward its first engine upgrade to Spain to chase down early runaway leaders Mercedes. The PU modification included the introduction of new race fuel from Shell and a new internal combustion engine. Although the Scuderia only wanted to debut the second phase of its 2019 power unit at the Canadian Grand Prix, it managed to fast-track its development work in desperation.

- changes to the front wing
    - revised engine cover
    - upgraded power unit
    - fuel upgrade

Canadian Grand Prix

For Canada, Ferrari’s long-time partner Brembo brought a track-specific upgrade for the braking system to achieve maximum efficiency on the fast Montreal track which tests the braking abilities of racing cars. The new carbon disc featured seven cooling holes in a chevron formation, totalling over 1400 holes. The mounting bells were also modified: two rectangular opening secured the required cooling demands.

The team also brought a revised rear wing which seeme to be in a similar specification to the win run in Baku. Due to the low-drag philosophy of the SF90, Ferrari did not need an extreme low downforce rear wing for the long straight of the Canadian track. The Baku/Montreal-spec rear wing saw the outboard sections having been raised to reduce the overall frontal area.

In Montreal, Ferrari made its power unit upgrade complete which it started in Spain back in May. The Scuderia originally planned to introduce the second-spec 2019 PU in Canada, but in a quest for quick improvements, it brought the introduction of the new internal combustion engine forward. In Canada, the team completed the first upgrade to 2019 power unit by debuting a new motor generator unit-heat and turbocharger.

- revised carbon brake disc
    - upgraded power unit
    - modified rear wing

French Grand Prix

As cooling is less problematic on the Paul Ricard circuit with only two heavy braking zones, Brembo brought a dics with only six holes in a chevron formation. On top of that, inspired by Mercedes, the disc was characterized by a scalloped surface to decrease the weight of the cooling system. It allowed Ferrari to have a better front response, an area where the team has been suffering with its car since the start of the season.

A much more important upgrade was presented by the modified front wing. The upper wing elements have had their shape altered. While the team stick to its outwash design in contrast to Mercedes’ high downforce front wing, the Maranello-based outfit installed a new steeper upper element to generate more downforce in order to gain front grip. The new rear wing also featured a new shorter endplate with a rearward cutout. On the footplate, a new triangular fence appeared which helped divert air outboard and a small vertical Gurney-element was added to the rear end of the footplate, as well.

The team also tested a modified floor which four vertical vanes sitting along its trailing edge. This should have enabled Ferrari to have a better control of the air flying over the top surface of the floor, but it resulted in instability, forcing the team to abandon to use it.

- a new front wing
    - revised front brake - a modified floor

Austrian Grand Prix

The Maranello-based outfit debut a reshaped set of turning vanes under the chassis and the nose of the SF90. While various elements of this complex configuration were revised, the most significant change affected the horizontal leading element which was given a forward-reaching extension. According to Charlec Leclerc, the new configuration increased the downforce level generated on the front of the car, curing the understeery nature of the SF90.

Ferrari gave its new floor a second try which it first used in the practice sessions for the French Grand Prix. The team only tested it for a few laps and decided to delay its introduction, but team principal Mattia Binotto confirmed that his engineers found the answers why it did not work in Austria at its debut. It is expected to make appearance in the coming weeks.

- new turning vanes
    - track-specific brake disc

https://www.f1technical.net/news/22101
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Looks like they know what they are doing.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

pained so many times, it is hard to believe that they are on right path

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I’ll believe it when I see it.
    Exactly, actions on track with top notch results speak louder then words....so we,ll see how ferrari performs in the upcoming races
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Next aero update expected to be in Hungary - AMus

Your posts are more about me than mine are about Max! Much appreciated. I'm sure Max shares Gilles third wish " To drive for Ferrari!" Team Ferrari and their fans need a current strong driver along with Charles. 4WDC with the enemy means nothing so far 2019 as far as winning now! This is a Ferrari forum!!! Fans should hope for the best for the future. Results not names is what counts. Enough with saying over and over, Merc and Lewis are unbeatable. Go find a Merc Lewis forum if that's how one feels. This is a Ferrari forum!!!
    At least to one thing we do agree. This is a Ferrari forum. Now if you do remember the rest, that we should support the team,which include the drivers too, I should not have to ask you to get your act straight , right?

At least to one thing we do agree. This is a Ferrari forum. Now if you do remember the rest, that we should support the team,which include the drivers too, I should not have to ask you to get your act straight , right?
    Sounds good ! Just like back when Rubens and Shumy were supported equal by the fans here, right? Wrong ! Get your act straight , supporting the team Ferrari and a favorite driver of the two was then and should still be O K ! O K ? Charles is my favorite driver and Seb is not doing anything a 4 timer should be doing. But he belongs to the team so I wish him well too. I should not have to explain that to you again ! Right ?

Saying Charles is Fav & then posting Max as fav driver in every thread of forum doesn’t seem to reflect the same

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Saying Charles is Fav & then posting Max as fav driver in every thread of forum doesn’t seem to reflect the same
    Charles is my favorite Ferrari driver . Wake up !! Ishould not havet5o xplain that to you again !!

Charles is my favorite Ferrari driver . Wake up !! Ishould not havet5o xplain that to you again !!
    your reply shows your immaturity level for what I have posted.

Sounds good ! Just like back when Rubens and Shumy were supported equal by the fans here, right? Wrong ! Get your act straight , supporting the team Ferrari and a favorite driver of the two was then and should still be O K ! O K ? Charles is my favorite driver and Seb is not doing anything a 4 timer should be doing. But he belongs to the team so I wish him well too. I should not have to explain that to you again ! Right ?
    Here's the deal, I support the team, I only care if the red cars cross the line first, I don't care who is the driver that comes first (Charles or Seb).
    The fact that Seb is underperforming right now does not give you the right to openly support Max in this forum, Max is the enemy. Get it thru your thick scull already.
    Enough.

Oh ya, Rubens is retired.

If you have a problem with that, go check it out but do not bring it to this forum. I am really tired of your constant whining about how Ferrari mistreated Rubens and all that jazz. Living in the past is a bad thing.

Living in the past is for sure a bad thing. Oh ya, Shumy went to and retired with Merc, giving them all he could before leaving them . He did a good job for his team. Look where they are. Don't constantly bring his name to this Ferrari forum . He left F-1 the enemy. You know it , just get up the courage to admit it. Max could and hopefully will be in Ferrari's future along side Charles. You have every right to feel that way about Max coming to Ferrari. I'm with you 100% on that.

Here's the deal, I support the team, I only care if the red cars cross the line first, I don't care who is the driver that comes first (Charles or Seb).
    The fact that Seb is underperforming right now does not give you the right to openly support Max in this forum, Max is the enemy. Get it thru your thick scull already.
    Enough.

Oh ya, Rubens is retired.

If you have a problem with that, go check it out but do not bring it to this forum. I am really tired of your constant whining about how Ferrari mistreated Rubens and all that jazz. Living in the past is a bad thing.
    Nailed it absolutely . Exactly my thoughts too.
    I support ferrari first then its drivers

When mad max drove well, I applauded Everyone here did the same too. Also his race skills are praised. Such is this forum.
    But chanting his name or worshiping him as the god for ferrari and degrading one of our driver who’s currently with the team in every post. Seems like it’s much more than love & hatred.

“Max is the only one who can save ferrari”, this utter B*** statement.

Charles is the future, vettel will stay till 2020.

The way Max vs Lec battle happened last week & Leclerc revealed “if that’s the way to go, I’ll get it done in similar way”
    This is the battle I’m looking forward to.

Living in the past is for sure a bad thing. Oh ya, Shumy went to and retired with Merc, giving them all he could before leaving them . He did a good job for his team. Look where they are. Don't constantly bring his name to this Ferrari forum . He left F-1 the enemy. You know it , just get up the courage to admit it. Max could and hopefully will be in Ferrari's future along side Charles. You have every right to feel that way about Max coming to Ferrari. I'm with you 100% on that.
    You still live in the past. Give up or get yourself committed.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I'm already committed to having 2 young 21 yr' old drivers taking Ferrari and bringing them up ahead of Merc . That's the future! Seb's experience and time with F-1 didn't help at all. Even though there are fans here that say we need another experienced driver along side Charles. Let's hope Ferrari then can get Kubica on board! He's been around for sure! Were is Sato when you need him ? Experience before youth! If Seb can come up from 6th pl. race time , Binotto can tell Charles to let Seb past, and keep tradition . Experience before youth ! Any way , the race should be great. Who knows which tires will come in 1st?

I'm already committed to having 2 young 21 yr' old drivers taking Ferrari and bringing them up ahead of Merc . That's the future! Seb's experience and time with F-1 didn't help at all. Even though there are fans here that say we need another experienced driver along side Charles. Let's hope Ferrari then can get Kubica on board! He's been around for sure! Were is Sato when you need him ? Experience before youth! If Seb can come up from 6th pl. race time , Binotto can tell Charles to let Seb past, and keep tradition . Experience before youth ! Any way , the race should be great. Who knows which tires will come in 1st?
    As usual you make no sense. And as we saw , Charles owned Max big time, which was to be expected.

What you say is besides the point. We support the team in this forum, this includes the drivers. We do not support drivers from other teams. Simple.

You mean Seb owned Max ! Max flew through the air and still came in 5th. Seb did Ferrari a big last place finish. That's O K A Ferrari in last place should not be bad in the eyes of true Ferrari fans! Seb got Charles the podium and risked his finger doing so! Crashvettel is the only hope Ferrari has. A podium for Ferrari was great! Go Crashvettle !! Last place to get a podium for your team mate is true team work . Oh and Lewis didn't win , it was the car! Charles Max !! The future!!!

No manufacturer has broken 1000hp barrier yet

No engine manufacturer in Formula 1 has reached the magic ‘1000 horsepower’ figure yet.

That is the claim of a Mercedes engineer, according to Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport.

Over the last year or two, there have often been reports in the media about Mercedes or Ferrari breaking through the four-digit horsepower barrier.

“No, not even Ferrari,” the Mercedes engineer is quoted as saying.

“We are close, but it’s not as though we’re going to reach it next week either.”

https://grandpx.news/no-manufacturer...p-barrier-yet/
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

So, Mercedes is way above 1000hp?

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    No manufacturer has broken 1000hp barrier yet

No engine manufacturer in Formula 1 has reached the magic ‘1000 horsepower’ figure yet.

That is the claim of a Mercedes engineer, according to Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport.

Over the last year or two, there have often been reports in the media about Mercedes or Ferrari breaking through the four-digit horsepower barrier.

“No, not even Ferrari,” the Mercedes engineer is quoted as saying.

“We are close, but it’s not as though we’re going to reach it next week either.”

https://grandpx.news/no-manufacturer...p-barrier-yet/
    So they are acknowledging Ferrari as having a more powerful engine...

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    So they are acknowledging Ferrari as having a more powerful engine...
    That's no benefit if the car can't handle the power and needs extra downforce to heat the tyres and get them in the right window, negating any power supremacy...if it's even true, probably Mercedes making themselves sound like the underdogs!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    That's no benefit if the car can't handle the power and needs extra downforce to heat the tyres and get them in the right window, negating any power supremacy...if it's even true, probably Mercedes making themselves sound like the underdogs!
    Don’t they always? It wouldn’t be the first time....winter testing ring a bell?
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

In Enzo's days he said many times HP was what makes a race car a winner. Look where all this high tech. has gotten all of F-1. One new move seems to negate another.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    For sure.

Though it does seem the Ferrari's are often faster on the straights or faster circuits and may have the more powerful engine in terms of horsepower.