Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 61718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari SF90

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    The only way the lack of updates and allowing Red Bull to catch up is acceptable, is if we abandoned this concept and went to an inwash design next year.

The other thing is, if we continue down this development path, LeClerc will continue to be faster than Vettel.

Hopefully Aldo Costa will come and set this thing straight.
    Seb is a driver, as such he needs to adjust to the car.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Seb is a driver, as such he needs to adjust to the car.
    I agree, but how did we end up with a car that doesn't suit our driver to begin with. Would never happen under Michael

We shouldn't abandon diddly squat before Monza, that's easily our best chance to win a race all season and the losing streak there is tedious. That track should also suit both our drivers' styles as well. Unless Spa shows up with some terrible weather, that should also be a winnable race given we may well get 3-4 tenths out of S1 + S3 together on Mercedes in qualifying trim and with Pouhon being easy-flat we have a great shot at pole there. As proven by Kimi in 2009, track position is extremely important at Spa and if we have that pole, we're automatically in the game on Sunday. That being said, I doubt we'd be as fast in race trim there as Vettel was last year. If that was the case it'd be a major bonus, but the straights on both tracks are too long for Red Bull so potentially we could be 2 v 1-racing Hammy instead on both occasions.

From Singapore though, I'm completely fine with throwing this car in the bin.

I truly believe Binotto is working on the 2020 car now and has abandoned the SF90. It’s clear that Vettel is calm even though the car is bad. He’s been debriefed on their plan to focus all resources on 2020. It’s also clear that the car has not really improved much in the last few races. I believe that Binotto is no dummy and has been putting things in place now for the 2020 car development including a new technical director and designer. I believe they’re working on it as we speak. Many times Binotto admitted they got the car design wrong and it would take months to fix. The months are going into 2020. I’m sure of it. This also aligns with the fact that Ferrari have been falling out of the picture in many respects. They won’t admit to it now. Better to have the focus on Mercedes and RB and take the focus off themselves. I may be wrong be let’s see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have yet to meet anyone quite so stubborn as myself and animated by this overpowering passion that leaves me no time for thought or anything else. I have, in fact, no interest in life outside racing cars.
    Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    I agree, but how did we end up with a car that doesn't suit our driver to begin with. Would never happen under Michael
    Would never happen for sure. Just look what Michael was able to do when he went to Merc. As Toto said, Michael's input and example of how to get things right , is what made Merc the team they are today ! It looks like Lewis for sure Lewis appreciates it. Now it's Lewis' input that keeps them on there toes. He want's his car to suit him every race. No excuses.

If it’s drivers input that gives the best car which is not at all 100% right.
    Drivers provide feedback to engineers, development team. These days with help simulators they set-up their car to specific track characteristics.

There’s a development vision for aerodynamicist, engine chief, technical principal. Based on that they will design, this is where correlation between wind tunnel & on track becomes crucial for development.

Based on drivers input only if they design the car, one driver likes light sensitive car & other one needs oversteer/under steer. So 2 different cars for 2 drivers? Not at all.

2015-2016 cars were pretty much similar, 2017 was like a development car for 2018 went with different design philosophy.
    Now 2019, due to FW change ferrari went again differently.
    So if it’s driver input, they should have gone with traditional Like other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    We shouldn't abandon diddly squat before Monza, that's easily our best chance to win a race all season and the losing streak there is tedious. That track should also suit both our drivers' styles as well. Unless Spa shows up with some terrible weather, that should also be a winnable race given we may well get 3-4 tenths out of S1 + S3 together on Mercedes in qualifying trim and with Pouhon being easy-flat we have a great shot at pole there. As proven by Kimi in 2009, track position is extremely important at Spa and if we have that pole, we're automatically in the game on Sunday. That being said, I doubt we'd be as fast in race trim there as Vettel was last year. If that was the case it'd be a major bonus, but the straights on both tracks are too long for Red Bull so potentially we could be 2 v 1-racing Hammy instead on both occasions.

From Singapore though, I'm completely fine with throwing this car in the bin.
    I agree, furthermore, bring an engine upgrage! Why save it. Let it last 1 weekend. We must win Monza at all costs to save face for this season.

It would be pretty embarassing if the "low drag" design doesn't win on the low drag circuits.

Lewis' constant input to the engine, tech. people at Merc got him, them, 81 wins so far ! Bottas for the most part is no where to be found just like the last race. But it has to be that what ever it is he asks for , the people there know how to provide it. I still can't get over the last race .

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Lewis' constant input to the engine
    Don't forget how he forges the pistons with his bare hands, hoists the engine and the transmission in the back with his arms, and tastes the fuel to make sure it's rich enough.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Don't forget how he forges the pistons with his bare hands, hoists the engine and the transmission in the back with his arms, and tastes the fuel to make sure it's rich enough.
    Very funny post ! Thanks 🙏

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Would never happen for sure. Just look what Michael was able to do when he went to Merc. As Toto said, Michael's input and example of how to get things right , is what made Merc the team they are today ! It looks like Lewis for sure Lewis appreciates it. Now it's Lewis' input that keeps them on there toes. He want's his car to suit him every race. No excuses.
    But unless the designers are creating the blueprint for a competitive car and engine to work with, the driver input is not going to overcome the design limits/faults from the initial design concepts.

The driver might be able to help maximise the car's potential, but if the car or engine is not good, it doesn't matter how good or technical the driver might be.

The engineers and designers of the team have to provide a competitive car for the driver to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    But unless the designers are creating the blueprint for a competitive car and engine to work with, the driver input is not going to overcome the design limits/faults from the initial design concepts.

The driver might be able to help maximise the car's potential, but if the car or engine is not good, it doesn't matter how good or technical the driver might be.

The engineers and designers of the team have to provide a competitive car for the driver to work with.
    All the above is correct . The engineers and designers are who put the car together and send it out to race. The driver is the final word on how they did . They have to win with all the work and time put into the car. You can't have one without the otherworking together. Remember, RACECAR, spelled backwards is the same word !

Ferrari in Belgia and Monza new 3 spec. Engine with more power and less consumption of fuel

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    Ferrari in Belgia and Monza new 3 spec. Engine with more power and less consumption of fuel
    too bad it won't help us with DOWNFORCE in slow and medium corners....but hey, if it means we'll be the ones' to beat and possibly win Spa and Monza.......i'll take it
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Great ! He has people jumping to do all that for him, and then some. 100 wins, 100 poles, 10 WDcs, that's what he's getting done with his bare hands ! And Max ain't far behind !

Ferrari and Leclerc in action at Monza on Wednesday

Charles Leclerc will buckle up today for one more short day of work with Ferrari before heading off to a well-deserved holiday.

Ferrari will take advantage on Wednesday of a filming day it is still allowed to undertake, running its SF90 at Monza with the Monegasque for a maximum of 100 kilometers.

The Scuderia 2019 contender will use Pirelli's mandatory "demo" tyres, not the Italian supplier's usual range of compounds.

Unfortunately, fans will hear but not see Leclerc in action as the run will take place behind closed doors at the Autodromo Nazionale Monza.

While running is restricted, with no new parts allowed to be tested on the SF90, Ferrari will no doubt take advantage of the session to collect some additional data that may prove useful when everyone returns to Monza in a month's time for the Italian Grand Prix.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/la...mpression=true

Is the Ferrari 2020 born with the hydraulic front suspension?

That's the boy Lewis what a hard worker he is!!!!!!! As if

Forza Jules

sounds like a positive step . If I may ask what source did you get the info from?

I called it. Earlier on this page. :)

It's the right move. Throw everything at these 2 races that you have a shot. Otherwise this season is a complete disaster.

In qualifying, you have 2 attempts. So swap driver order on the second attempt, this way each driver gets a toe. Lock out the front row.

a quick check reveals that Ferrari's biggest gap between wins at the Italian GP was 1979-1988.
    Last win was 2010, so 2010 + 9 = 2019.
    We got this one

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    We don’t need more HP, we need more downforce...

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    We don’t need more HP, we need more downforce...

You don’t get that overnight or with the current car SF90. Ferrari got FW design wrong.
    And any change it’s not easy to generate DF n work it out.

[QUOTE=Schumiklub;1015738]We don’t need more HP, we need more downforce...

More H P + more down force should do it! Ferrari has been in F-1 long enough to know how to do both. I believe in more the H P the faster you go. Charles needs to gain 5 lbs. There's some down force right there!

Monza and Belgia is not about downforce it is a power and speed

Monza and Belgia is not about downforce it is a power and speed
    True that, but it would be good if ferrari found more downforce overall, so we’d mount a challenge to the mercs at every track for the remaining races ....easier said then done, I guess with the concept of this years car....I’m sure they know what they did wrong and will change the concept for next year
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.