Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1369

Thread: Ferrari SF90

Looking at the weather forecast for Spa, Saturday looks very warm but much cooler on Sunday, hopefully rain won't affect quali or the race but a shower is always possible. We desperately need to show we can still win, but it's never a good idea to set our hopes too high. Despite that sentiment, we stand a reasonable chance of a good show.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

let's hope for a good weekend for Ferrari with pole and win for either of our drivers.....and if we get a 1-2, that'll be the cherry on top of the cake for us Ferrari fans.....
    It seems a long time since we tasted that cherry. I can't even remember when it was.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    It seems a long time since we tasted that cherry. I can't even remember when it was.
    well we did win in Canada, but the powers that be couldn't digest that particular fruit

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    well we did win in Canada, but the powers that be couldn't digest that particular fruit
    I think he meant last time ferrari had a 1-2 finish....that was a long, long, long, long time ago....so long in fact, that it’s really hard for me to remember
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Yeah it's 30°C here now, we almost have our 3 heatwave this summer.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    The problem is organization, pure and simple. When one needs to solve a problem (problem is delivering a championship), they need to focus on weaknesses and take them out).
    Seems to me that we have persistent weaknesses (eg. aero, correlation etc) which means that either we just ignore the issue or we're weak in resolving them.
    Either of which, it means we lack the resolve in the management department.

Really, it is that simple. It is not a matter of resources (money) or people (you get those with money or build with existing people). It's simply a matter of how you operate, procedures etc.
    100% correct!

An excellent analysis and I concur entirely.

It's all about how you manage what you have to the best of an organisation's capabilities and potential. Any management consultant will tell you that.

And Ferrari has mostly been woeful in that regard for years now.

It took just one man, Sergio Marchionne, to make the difference, albeit for a short time. That's why his death was such a blow to Ferrari. Sometimes that's all takes to make (or break) an organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Yeah it's 30°C here now, we almost have our 3 heatwave this summer.
    How’s the weather supposed to be for the rest of the weekend? Hopefully will be dry and sunny.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

How’s the weather supposed to be for the rest of the weekend? Hopefully will be dry and sunny.....
    Friday 23°C / 0% Rain

Saturday 27° / 0% Rain

Sunday 18° / 50% Rain
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

It's Spa, so if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes. Although, the weather has been consistently nice over the past few years, if memory serves. Hmmm...

Disappointed Since 2010

I think he meant last time ferrari had a 1-2 finish....that was a long, long, long, long time ago....so long in fact, that it’s really hard for me to remember
    Exactly right it's what she did mean .
    The last 1,2 I remember is Germany 2010 but there must be a more recent one surely. Anyone know.???

Forza Jules

The last 1,2 I remember is Germany 2010 but there must be a more recent one surely. Anyone know.???
    i think you may be right....last 1-2 finish was in Germany 2010.....and the famous quote......"Fernando is FASTER then you".........Felipe do you understand the message....i STILL do not think it was right for them to swap them around.....Felipe deserved taht win 100%.....

i think you may be right....last 1-2 finish was in Germany 2010.....and the famous quote......"Fernando is FASTER then you".........Felipe do you understand the message....i STILL do not think it was right for them to swap them around.....Felipe deserved taht win 100%.....
    Those team orders cost Ferrari $100,000. fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Those team orders cost Ferrari $100,000. fine.
    that is chum change for a team like Ferrari.....but it's NOT the money, it's the principle....Felipe should have WON that race, PERIOD!!!!!

Wasnt our last 1/2 at Monaco 2017? if i remember correctly it was also quite controversial with Ferrari pitting Kimi later to give Seb the win...

Don't be surprised if Merc win either SPA or Monza, they've been working on the engine the whole summer break. https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...reak-on-engine

that is chum change for a team like Ferrari.....but it's NOT the money, it's the principle....Felipe should have WON that race, PERIOD!!!!!
    Just like the 2008 championship, then, which should have been Felipe's and as far as I am concerned always was! Spa weather once again looks as if it might impact on our performance with cooler conditions and the possibility of rain on race day, when will be get something to work in our favour?

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Just like the 2008 championship, then, which should have been Felipe's and as far as I am concerned always was! Spa weather once again looks as if it might impact on our performance with cooler conditions and the possibility of rain on race day, when will be get something to work in our favour?
    When they finally built good car. Good car is good on any given Sunday in any given circumstances!

Quote Originally Posted by RicRac View Post
    Wasnt our last 1/2 at Monaco 2017? if i remember correctly it was also quite controversial with Ferrari pitting Kimi later to give Seb the win...
    Thank you for that Ric Rac I hoped it wasn't that last Now you mention the Kim switch I vaguely remember the incident. Thank you again I was beginning to despair but that fills me with hope it can and will be done again.

Forza Jules

As a big Massa fan I totally agree with every word. It was made more poignant beacuse it was the first anniversary of his crash and the win would have boosted his ego and probably changed his position in the team. As it happened it began his decline although he kept fighting and had some good results I didn't
    bring it up as it is a long time ago but still in the memory.
    Felipe has moved on to FE where he had a tough year last season let's hope his luck changes.
    I sincerely hope ferrari do not repeat this with a current driver.

Forza Jules

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...n-mercedes-202

Bottas to stay with Hamilton, Mercedes in 2020

Seems like Hamilton got his wish, another year of butler service. No real competition, no young talent to show the world how superior the car is and how mediocre Hamilton is. Bottas is useless, Mercedes are crazy to resign him; scared of upsetting cry baby. I hope Ocan gets singed by Renault, he deserves a drive. Should have had Bottas seat.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

Seems like Hamilton got his wish, another year of butler service. No real competition, no young talent to show the world how superior the car is and how mediocre Hamilton is. Bottas is useless, Mercedes are crazy to resign him; scared of upsetting cry baby. I hope Ocan gets singed by Renault, he deserves a drive. Should have had Bottas seat.
    As a team, it was the best decision Mercedes could have made. They dont want the same thing happening at Ferrari where the young gun is throuwing the old bull off routine. Mercedes are after the 7 world championships. and having a butler driver works perfectly for that to happen. Shumi had Barrichelo, Ham has Bottas..

Thank you for that Ric Rac I hoped it wasn't that last Now you mention the Kim switch I vaguely remember the incident. Thank you again I was beginning to despair but that fills me with hope it can and will be done again.
    It's a pleasure. I only remember because I was upset that Ferrari pulled one over Kimi, who seriously deserved the win. skip to 2:10 for the overcut. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzQ8CzXRO8A

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

Soon after posting this Renault signed Ocan!

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...g-renault-2020
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by RicRac View Post
    As a team, it was the best decision Mercedes could have made. They dont want the same thing happening at Ferrari where the young gun is throuwing the old bull off routine. Mercedes are after the 7 world championships. and having a butler driver works perfectly for that to happen. Shumi had Barrichelo, Ham has Bottas..
    Resigning Bottas just gifted/guaranteed Hamilton his 7th title. Unless Toto is feeling nice and swaps garages and engineers like they did with Roseberg to give him a title. Time will tell.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Spa should be good us. But the biggest question is whether Ferrari can manage a trouble-free race weekend. Bahrain, Baku, Canada, Austria, Germany...those tracks were well suited to our car's strength, but one way or the other Ferrari have found ways to screw themselves.

So no more screw-ups, no more silly mistakes, no more reliability issues or driver error or anything, no more amateur hour. Act live a professional race team and secure our first victory of 2019.

B
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Spa should be good us. But the biggest question is whether Ferrari can manage a trouble-free race weekend. Bahrain, Baku, Canada, Austria, Germany...those tracks were well suited to our car's strength, but one way or the other Ferrari have found ways to screw themselves.

So no more screw-ups, no more silly mistakes, no more reliability issues or driver error or anything, no more amateur hour. Act live a professional race team and secure our first victory of MANY more to come in 2019.
    ...there, I fixed for you....prolly that’s what you meant to say....ha, ha...

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    When they finally built good car. Good car is good on any given Sunday in any given circumstances!
    Exactly...

Hungary 2017. 1-2 in both Quali and Race.

So now rumours are circulating that Ferrari will NOT bring the well talked over the summer break engine capable of producing 20 more ponies as well as being more fuel efficient.....WHY is that, does anyone know the reason??

Especially now with Merc introducing their spec 3 engine at spa....they’re look8ng at being stronger and stronger....and Ferrari, well no major news yet....just a skinny rear wing and that’s about it....man oh man, just when I thought that Ferrari will be stron here and Monza as well.....now I’m all deflated....:(

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Hungary 2017. 1-2 in both Quali and Race.

Oh yeah, how could I’ve forgotten about this one.....when Seb had a steering wheel issue and was king of slow and Kimi was told to hold positions even though he was faster then Seb in race pace....