Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1369

Thread: Ferrari SF90

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    So the next race is Sinagpore, a track which is not suited to SF90's characteristics. Few plus point for us:

1. It is a bumpy track, and Mercedes run their car very stiff at the front. So they may struggle a bit under breaking.
    2. It is a stop and go track with plenty of slow speed corners, but they are not long flowing corners, like S3 Hungary or S3 Spain. So we should be a bit closer.

Bad points:

1. Not a power sensitive circuit plus downforce is key here. And we all know our car is not that good at high-downforce department.
    2. Pretty much rare-limited, any our car chews its rare tyres more than the Mercedes/Red Bull. So even if the qualifying pace looks, race pace is going to be horrible.

So without any major upgrades, Ferrari's is going to struggle here. Hopefully Ferrari will bring a major both aero + mechanical upgrade here.
    The temperatures should be in our favour as well.

I would put one of our drivers onto hard tyres and just try to play for the safety car. The other one can try to compete on pace. But I don't see us winning Singapore without some sort of strategy.

The main strategy will be and is to let Charles race , let him fight for pole and when up front he will be the man to win. Hopefully tires can be correctly worked out. It's Ferrari he's driving for. I hope Bottas can confuse the rest of the top drivers and help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    The main strategy will be and is to let Charles race , let him fight for pole and when up front he will be the man to win. Hopefully tires can be correctly worked out. It's Ferrari he's driving for. I hope Bottas can confuse the rest of the top drivers and help out.
    I completely agree. If you're going to play games with one of your drivers, it will obviously be your #2, which at the moment is Vettel.

I wouldn't want to mess with Leclerc. I want him to fight it out as optimally as possible. The boy is riding high right now, and he has the speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    I completely agree. If you're going to play games with one of your drivers, it will obviously be your #2, which at the moment is Vettel.

I wouldn't want to mess with Leclerc. I want him to fight it out as optimally as possible. The boy is riding high right now, and he has the speed.
    If Seb winds up fighting in the mid field the rest of the season against the competition, he will be ready and able next season to be a top contender again. Crashing not necessary. I believe he had it too easy @ R Bull and that hurt him as far as experience out of being up front . Charles fighting off Merc last race is what driving great is all about. Driver, not just car.

Canada vettel drove the best keeping merc behind. Unfortunately he got penalty.
    Leclerc drove the same in Monza. Instead of penalty he got White & black flag. That’s the only difference.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Leclerc drove the same in Monza. Instead of penalty he got White & black flag. That’s the only difference.
    Funny I was thinking the same thing. For others Charles did it all by his own. Until... he start making mistakes. Wait a second... lest bring Lewis and Alonso and then they can drive my grandmothers car because they can better then anybody. Hahahaha! People need to look there self on the miror fist

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Quote Originally Posted by 19000rpmF-2004 View Post
    Funny I was thinking the same thing. For others Charles did it all by his own. Until... he start making mistakes. Wait a second... lest bring Lewis and Alonso and then they can drive my grandmothers car because they can better then anybody. Hahahaha! People need to look there self on the miror fist
    The mirror shows : Charles with mistakes and all, with, 2 wins, 7 podiums, 4 poles, 2 fastest laps, 13 pts. ahead of Seb , he's in 4th pl. just 3 pts. behind M in 3rd. Seb as of now has Zero wins. But yes, there's still plenty of 2019 left for him to come alive. There's no list of drivers who never make mistakes.

Well you forgot the most important part: "One goes off track and joined the track recklessly and almost took out Hamilton", "Other one stayed on track and defended his inside line, there was no off track incursion"

So there is big difference between the two incidents.

IMO I think in Monza it is LH strategy try to overtake and apply late brake (hard brake) before the chicane (he knows it is impossible to overtake in a fast corner unless its a slow corner), if you are in front you will apply soft brake early (to save tyre) so that you have a clean turn in the chicane, but what LH doing is a trick or cheat, push his car (to let the steward know im overtaking this guy) and late brake before the chicane (damaging your tyre) even he knows there's a chicane ahead so that the driver in front of him will be penalized for not giving him enough room to operate. I don't know if my assumption is correct, LH dirty strategy.
    Last edited by JChan; 14th September 2019 at 12:24.

Hammy squeezed Vettel like crazy in that chicane last year so he literally should be the last one to complain.

The mirror shows : Charles with mistakes and all, with, 2 wins, 7 podiums, 4 poles, 2 fastest laps, 13 pts. ahead of Seb , he's in 4th pl. just 3 pts. behind M in 3rd. Seb as of now has Zero wins. But yes, there's still plenty of 2019 left for him to come alive. There's no list of drivers who never make mistakes.
    I’m not talking about wonder kid mirror

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Well you forgot the most important part: "One goes off track and joined the track recklessly and almost took out Hamilton", "Other one stayed on track and defended his inside line, there was no off track incursion"

So there is big difference between the two incidents.
    Vettel’s Only mistake in that Canada GP is the which you highlighted it.
    Look at Monza GP, Lec had couple of them (that includes going off the track & joined fortunately there was no immediate corner there else it similar incident to Canada GP), Lewis too had couple of them lost a position too.
    That’s how it goes in the sport, one gains & other looses.

It seems that only vettel mistake is highlighted more that’s it. Nothing more to say.

Vettel’s Only mistake in that Canada GP is the which you highlighted it.
    Look at Monza GP, Lec had couple of them (that includes going off the track & joined fortunately there was no immediate corner there else it similar incident to Canada GP), Lewis too had couple of them lost a position too.
    That’s how it goes in the sport, one gains & other looses.

It seems that only vettel mistake is highlighted more that’s it. Nothing more to say.
    Again how is it similar? Vettel goes off track and on to the grass, joined the track recklessly with Hamilton on his side and almost pushed him on to the wall. Leclerc on the other hand had already committed the corner, he locked up his front left when he was turning, not under breaking. And he joined the track safely with Hamilton still behind. And unlike Monza, where others also locked up and gone off track at turn 1, Vettel was the only one to go off-track at turn 3 in Canada, so another big difference.

And of course it's going to be highlighted. Vettel lost the victory due to his off-track incursion and the penalty, so it was a big deal. And it's funny to see that you highlighted Leclerc's one lock up and while ignoring Vettel's spin, yet another crucial mistake. But I guess to you, it wasn't a such big deal like his mistake in Canada.

Your agenda is pretty clear so yeah, there's nothing left to discuss.

All drivers make mistakes but Charles and H and M win races anyway. Seb has to get on the wagon with them. Mistakes will be forgiven. Wins wipe out the errors.

Again how is it similar? Vettel goes off track and on to the grass, joined the track recklessly with Hamilton on his side and almost pushed him on to the wall. Leclerc on the other hand had already committed the corner, he locked up his front left when he was turning, not under breaking. And he joined the track safely with Hamilton still behind. And unlike Monza, where others also locked up and gone off track at turn 1, Vettel was the only one to go off-track at turn 3 in Canada, so another big difference.

And of course it's going to be highlighted. Vettel lost the victory due to his off-track incursion and the penalty, so it was a big deal. And it's funny to see that you highlighted Leclerc's one lock up and while ignoring Vettel's spin, yet another crucial mistake. But I guess to you, it wasn't a such big deal like his mistake in Canada.

Your agenda is pretty clear so yeah, there's nothing left to discuss.
    I know your agenda clearly. That’s why don’t want to discuss.
    For you max is a great driver & future star who does reckless driving. When he makes mistakes it doesn’t count, there itself got you. I love ferrari & their current drivers. I support them whether it’s good or bad. Not just like you & ur biased stuff.
    Don’t wanna discuss with you on this.

I know your agenda clearly. That’s why don’t want to discuss.
    For you max is a great driver & future star who does reckless driving. When he makes mistakes it doesn’t count, there itself got you. I love ferrari & their current drivers. I support them whether it’s good or bad. Not just like you & ur biased stuff.
    Don’t wanna discuss with you on this.
    What the!? We were discussing about Vettel's so called "insignificant" mistakes vs Lerclerc's so called "costly" ones (well according to you anyway), there was no mention of Max.

So why mention Max? well I know why, because you have nothing to back up your claim. And like a usual troll, you'll just ignore the context when you know you're full of ****, and move the goalpost to something else. Unlike you buddy, I am not obsessed with Max. Having nightmares about Max are you? he comes to your dreams full of rainbows and unicorns says 'boo', and all of a sudden you wake up full of fright and terror? it seems so.

And doesn't matter what you or I think about Max. Ex and current F1 drivers, including WDC's, already consider Max to be the future star and WDC. And I am pretty sure members of F1 fanbase with working eye sight and functioning brain cells also agree with their well educated opinion. And please, it's just simply hilarious to compare Max and Vettel's driving. And amount mistakes Vettel made over the past year or two vs Max....yeah, I am sure Maldonado would be proud of Vettel.

And I don't really care about your **** and bull story about Ferrari and it's drivers. If you really were a Ferrari fan you would be pretty annoyed with Vettel and amount of points he has costed Ferrari with his F1 ballet solo's. This is the guy who costed Ferrari both the 2017 and 2018 championships, even when he had the car and the whole team behind him, plus a teamamte like Raikkonen. Vettel lost the 2017 championship by 46 points, and the most frustrating thing was, he was only 3 points behind Hamilton before Singapore. But thanks to his boneheaded move he came away from that race with 0 points, and costed Ferrari even more WCC points. And let's not waste time with his 2018 efforts....it was unreal, and I don't think I ever saw one driver making that many mistakes.

And now Vettel is only 3 penalty points away from a race ban. Let's just hope that your idol doesn't do anything reckless and embarrass himself even more with a race ban.

What the!? We were discussing about Vettel's so called "insignificant" mistakes vs Lerclerc's so called "costly" ones (well according to you anyway), there was no mention of Max. So why mention him?

Well I know why, because you have nothing to back up your claim. And like a usual troll, you'll just ignore the context when you know you're full of ****, and move the goalpost to something else. Unlike you buddy, I am not obsessed with Max. Having nightmares about Max are you? he comes to your dreams full of rainbows and unicorns says 'boo', and all of a sudden you wake up full of fright and terror? it seems so.

And doesn't matter what your or I think about Max. Ex and current F1 drivers, including WDC's, already consider Max to be the future star and WDC. And I am pretty sure members of F1 fanbase with working eye sight and functioning brain cells also agree with their well educated opinion. And please, it's just simply hilarious to compare Max and Vettel's driving. And amount mistakes Vettel made over the past year or two vs Max....yeah, I am sure Maldonado would be proud of Vettel.

And I don't really care about your **** and bull story about Ferrari and it's drivers. If you really were a Ferrari fan you would be pretty annoyed with Vettel and amount of point he has costed Ferrari with his F1 ballet solo's. This is the guy who costed Ferrari both the 2017 and 2018 championships, even when he had the car and the whole team behind him, plus a teamamte like Raikkonen. Vettel lost the 2017 championship by 46 points, and the most frustrating thing was, he was only 3 points behind Hamilton before Singapore. But thanks to his boneheaded move he came away from that race with 0 points, and costed Ferrari even more WCC points. And let's not waste time with his 2018 efforts....it was unreal, and I don't think I ever saw one driver making that many mistakes.

And now Vettel is only 3 penalty points away from a race ban. Let's just hope that your idol doesn't do anything reckless and embarrass himself even more with a race ban.
    It’s your mentality/thinking or I can say hatred on vettel explains your position.
    What I mentioned earlier both the incidents are of similarities & you are explaining the outcome how funny.
    When vettel went off, there was a grass with some moisture over there n joined the track. So according to you driver should have control .... another funny statement.
    When Lec went off, there were slow sausage kerbs n joined back on track. If there was the same corner over there, it would have been different situation.

Anyways I’m pointing out the similarities of incidents not the drivers.
    2017 championship ??? Really .
    race ban ?? Let him move out of ferrari after 2020 too, I don’t care. Even I called over here to consider Norris. But it seems still that hatred on vettel is on ur head. Move on.
    I didn’t like vettel during RB days, I didn’t like Alonso during Renault days...when they joined Ferrari only. I started to like them.
    Not like you, when one of our driver makes mistakes coming here n just blasting out with hatredness.

You were the one who was looking for max-Lec pair in ferrari
    You deemed both are future stars. Yes I agree. But if when one thrashes out the other, where is your thesis of future star ???

All drivers make mistakes but Charles and H and M win races anyway. Seb has to get on the wagon with them. Mistakes will be forgiven. Wins wipe out the errors.
    But do errors wipe out excuses?

It’s your mentality/thinking or I can say hatred on vettel explains your position.
    What I mentioned earlier both the incidents are of similarities & you are explaining the outcome how funny.
    When vettel went off, there was a grass with some moisture over there n joined the track. So according to you driver should have control .... another funny statement.
    When Lec went off, there were slow sausage kerbs n joined back on track. If there was the same corner over there, it would have been different situation.

race ban ?? Let him move out of ferrari after 2020 too, I don’t care. Even I called over here to consider Norris. But it seems still that hatred on vettel is on ur head. Move on.
    I didn’t like vettel during RB days, I didn’t like Alonso during Renault days...when they joined Ferrari only. I started to like them.
    Not like you, when one of our driver makes mistakes coming here n just blasting out with hatredness.
    Only a fan with blind love for his/her idol would call criticism 'hatred'. Well...it's not like I'm saying anything bad about Vettel's personal life or wishing his family misery. Vettel is making mistakes after mistakes, either crashing with somebody or spinning, and getting criticized right fully. See there's no hateredness...or whatever you call it.

And you on the other hand is obsessed with Max. The amount of hatred you have for that young fella is pretty unhealthy...so much so that you couldn't stop yourself from mentioning him in your post, even when there was no mentioning of him by me.

And why you're laughing about Vettel's potential race ban? it's not a laughing matter you know! One major incident with somebody and boom..race ban.

You deemed both are future stars. Yes I agree. But if when one thrashes out the other, where is your thesis of future star ???
    And the unhealthy obsession with Max continues. Again, there was no mention of Max, let alone Lec-Max pairing in Ferrari.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 15th September 2019 at 16:16.

Only a fan with blind love for his/her idol would call criticism 'hatred'. Well...it's not like I'm saying anything bad about Vettel's personal life or wishing his family misery. Vettel is making mistakes after mistakes, either crashing with somebody or spinning, and getting criticized right fully. See there's no hateredness...or whatever you call it.

And you on the other hand is obsessed with Max. The amount of hatred you have for that young fella is pretty unhealthy...so much so that you couldn't stop yourself from mentioning him in your post, even when there was no mentioning of him by me.

And why you're laughing about Vettel's potential race ban? it's not a laughing matter you know! One major incident with somebody and boom..race ban.

And the unhealthy obsession with Max continues. Again, there was no mention of Max, let alone Lec-Max pairing in Ferrari.
    The same obsession you have on vettel . Jinx
    I’ve clearly mentioned, it’s better to remove vettel after 2020. I don’t care.
    I support for ferrari & their drivers. Whether it’s good or bad. That’s it end of the story.

So tonight a couple of beers on the table and rewatching the Italian Quali and Race once again

Winning Francorchamps and Monza within 8 days..Sooo special to win these classic races!!

Singapore coming up! Look forward to it. Will be very difficult to get onto the podium there, but you never know.

Forza Scuderia and good luck Seb and Charles

Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post
    So tonight a couple of beers on the table and rewatching the Italian Quali and Race once again

Winning Francorchamps and Monza within 8 days..Sooo special to win these classic races!!

Singapore coming up! Look forward to it. Will be very difficult to get onto the podium there, but you never know.

Forza Scuderia and good luck Seb and Charles
    Well put, mate
    It gives me great hope for next year

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Ignore that guy he is been the same since years. Its no use even to even debate this anymore. Dont stresa about it, life is too short
    The Ferrari 2017 was the second best car at best. Not a chance mercedes was just quicker and had much more reliable car. Seb lost at least 40 point because od that. The 2018 car was in some ways equal to Mercedes But after Monza Mercedes was just plain and faster. Even without of Mistakes Seb wouldnt win the title.

Where does Ferrari's power come from? asks AMUS

https://www.translatoruser-int.com/t...-2019-trick%2f

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post

so Toto says Honda and even Renault are on the same level as Mercedes?

AMuS article translation:

Where does the Ferrari power come from? Ferrari beat Mercedes in Spa and Monza with his speed on the straight. But where does the power come from? Why can Ferrari call up up up to 55 hp extra in certain situations? We go in search of clues. It's the biggest mystery Formula 1 is currently facing. Mercedes, Renault and Honda are worried about one question: Where does Ferrari get so much power from in the short term? We're talking about up to 40 kilowatts, just under 55 hp.

Ferrari owed the two victories in Spa and Monza to two factors: Charles Leclerc in the cockpit and a powerful engine in the rear. On the straights there was no way past the Ferrari. In Monza even less than in Spa. GPS measurements suggest that Ferrari has added a scoop with the new Spec3 engine.

Monza was for the Ferrari competition a disillusionment. Ferrari made up nine tenths on the Mercedes in training on the straights. Lewis Hamilton hung Charles Leclerc for 42 laps in the gearbox. He would have gone two tenths faster per lap without the red car in front of him.

Hamilton had DRS, he had slipstream. And he still couldn't get past. "Despite these advantages, we only made up two metres on Leclerc on the home straight," the engineers calculated. Too little to tear down the red wall.

Only Ferrari stands out in terms of power Ferrari team boss Mattia Binotto mentioned in his race analysis the strong engine and the favourable air resistance. The opponents agree: it is mainly the engine. In air resistance, the cars differ only marginally, especially in Monza, where all are equipped with the smallest possible wings.

But where does all the power come from? "Renault, Honda and we are about on the same level at the moment. Only Ferrari stands out, and this is sometimes dramatic," not only Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff is surprised.

Mercedes has been working intensively since the start of the season to decipher the Ferrari secret. Toto Wolff revealed in Monza that one thinks one knows what Ferrari does. Of course, this remains as secret as the trick itself. Red Bull team boss Christian Horner told. "We sent a few suspicious facts to the FIA but didn't get an answer."

With Ferrari's engine performance, you have to differentiate. There's the mysterious power boost that the drivers were only able to call up in very specific phases. So far it has only been observed in the qualifying laps, the starting lap and directly after re-starts.

From this it can be concluded that Ferrari needs a slow lap beforehand in order to achieve this extra performance. However, the mode cannot be activated arbitrarily for attack or defence. Otherwise Sebastian Vettel would have loosely countered Hamilton's attack on the Kemmel straight at Spa.

Three theories to improve performance In Monza they saw a new quality. Ferrari now obviously has an attack mode that Leclerc used to defend his position. However, it is not of the same quality as the Q3 power injection. But effective enough to stay in the lead.

Mercedes' plan was to rush Leclerc until the Monegasque ran out of battery power. But that didn't happen, even though the Monza winner on the home straight and before the second chicane permanently called for full power. Nevertheless, he was able to recharge the battery sufficiently on the rest of the lap.

All this can still be explained somehow. For Ferrari's Super Mode, however, there are only speculations circulating in the paddock. Theory one says that under certain conditions Ferrari is able to feed 160 instead of 120 kilowatts from the battery into the system. The slow lap is needed to fully charge the battery beforehand.

Theory two assumes that in the slow lap before activating fuel is transferred between the measuring point of the flow rate and the high pressure pump. This would allow more fuel to be injected in the Q3 laps than allowed.

Theory three says that the air collector (plenum) in front of the engine is cooled with oil and the engineers take some of this oil for combustion. What you should need a warm-up lap for, however, is not quite clear.

The theories may be correct in essence, but certainly not in detail. Because the way they are circulated would be illegal. And any technology commissioner would immediately come across it with his nose.

After last year's investigation into Ferrari's two-piece battery, a possible cover-up of the energy flows, and the bunker of fuel in accumulators in front of the injection nozzles, there is now peace again at the front.

In winter there were various technical directives on the subject, which were intended to rule out possible tricks. The power advantage of Ferrari remained. Conclusion of the opponents: "It must be something very clever what they are doing. And if it's legal, you can only take your hat off."

Ferrari customers look into the tubes Ferrari's customers don't get the benefit of the mysterious PS thrust, by the way. Alfa Romeo and Haas shouldn't get the Spec 3 engine either, if chance hadn't intervened. Actually this is not in the sense of the regulations. But Ferrari has found a tricky way to drive the last development stage exclusively.

They delivered a new Spec 2 engine to their customers in Spa. Thus the same drive version, which Ferrari still had in Spa in the car. For the Ferrari satellites, the Spa engine was the third drive unit. Theoretically Alfa and Haas could also order a Spec 3 engine for the rest of the season and Ferrari could not deny them that, but it would mean an engine penalty and an extra fee. The customers would rather reject it voluntarily.

But now it has happened. Kimi Räikkönen needed a new engine after a training crash. And it had to be a Spec 3 version according to the rules, because this specification was already in circulation in the factory cars.

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post

It's the combination of both PU and Aero. SF90 is more aero efficient that the Mercedes, less downforce and less drag compared to the Mercedes. Also SF90's good traction coming out of medium/high speed corners could be another contributing factor.

It's the combination of both PU and Aero. SF90 is more aero efficient that the Mercedes, less downforce and less drag compared to the Mercedes. Also SF90's good traction coming out of medium/high speed corners could be another contributing factor.
    Unfortunately, this will not help us in S'pore with the slow speed corners.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Unfortunately, this will not help us in S'pore with the slow speed corners.
    Remains to be seen as updates are expected.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Ignore that guy he is been the same since years. Its no use even to even debate this anymore. Dont stresa about it, life is too short
    The Ferrari 2017 was the second best car at best. Not a chance mercedes was just quicker and had much more reliable car. Seb lost at least 40 point because od that. The 2018 car was in some ways equal to Mercedes But after Monza Mercedes was just plain and faster. Even without of Mistakes Seb wouldnt win the title.
    Yup..!! 2018 was not a championship winning car, but was almost a strong equal to mercs. Title would have gone to last two races or so without Vettel’s mistakes. He would have been close to the points but not on the winning note.
    At the same time I was shocked when they named 2017 was a winning car