Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202132 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari SF90

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    I don’t know what it is... but I’ve got a horrible feeling in my stomach we’ll have a repeat of 2016 on the cards... I don’t feel confident with this car...
    Give it a chance it hasn't turned a wheel in anger yet.
    Maybe it has lots of hidden goodies and gizmos we cannot see or indeed anyone should. Just because it looks very different doesn't make it a bad car.
    I'm confident

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    I kinda had that feeling too when i heard Binotto say they're almost at the natural limit of the car with its current philosophy , just had me thinking that being close to the limit already means there isnt much to develop through the rest of the season( seeing how simplified and less innovative the design is this year) , but then i remembered they still can do the trick rims so theres atleast that for the rest of the year to focus on. Plus maybe simpler is better at some tracks with the aero atleast i hope so. If they fixed that mistakes on wind tunnel from last year then it should be competitive. We dont need that terrible downgrades to plague us at such a crucial time with Binotto takes charge.

watched the reveal again lol that was so awesome with the music and comparing with the renders it looks much darker and less grey than the renders with its ugly grey logos. Looked much better than the renders is what i mean.
    I think he means by natural limit is that they pushed the bodywork as much as possible, package as tight as possible. For example, getting the bodywork as tight as possible, the package as tightly packed as possible, and the arrangements of cooling radiators, and most of all, cooling of the engine, its at the limit, I think thats what he means. It doesnt mean that they cannot push the car in aero wise. All those roll hoop and other things cannot be changed after crash testing, so its good they did that. Also, basic car means they have a huge scope for upgrades and other things. I think its very good. Also, they have a hydraulic assisted rear 3rd damper, which will help to lower the back of the car on the straights, but raise back during cornering for maximum downforce. Remember last year, during testing, they had a problem in the braking zone where they could not get the rear to stick, this will help with that, to stabilize the rear ride height in the braking zones. Mercedes had that already.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    I think he means by natural limit is that they pushed the bodywork as much as possible, package as tight as possible. For example, getting the bodywork as tight as possible, the package as tightly packed as possible, and the arrangements of cooling radiators, and most of all, cooling of the engine, its at the limit, I think thats what he means. It doesnt mean that they cannot push the car in aero wise. All those roll hoop and other things cannot be changed after crash testing, so its good they did that. Also, basic car means they have a huge scope for upgrades and other things. I think its very good. Also, they have a hydraulic assisted rear 3rd damper, which will help to lower the back of the car on the straights, but raise back during cornering for maximum downforce. Remember last year, during testing, they had a problem in the braking zone where they could not get the rear to stick, this will help with that, to stabilize the rear ride height in the braking zones. Mercedes had that already.
    Nice. I hope the situation is how you explained it

I was thinking abit like maybe its very basic and simple because last time they made upgrades was all poor and downgrades and they had to remove all of them last season to do the last few races. So i thought maybe thats why its basic like none of the parts was working well so they stripped it out and went with the bare pieces + no downgrades from windtunnel in order to go eith what they already know works well
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Give it a chance it hasn't turned a wheel in anger yet.
    Maybe it has lots of hidden goodies and gizmos we cannot see or indeed anyone should. Just because it looks very different doesn't make it a bad car.
    I'm confident
    Attachment 7556
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    I honestly laugh at people on here some times.

I don’t know why everyone thinks we’ve missed something, too simple this, not extreme enough that. I think the car looks great.

As for the above regarding front wing - it doesn’t look overly simplistic? It’s sculpted beautifully with a spoon-like profile and aggressively curved turning vanes. Does everyone just think because Mercedes has a different concept ours must be wrong? Hot tip: take a look at our car vs there’s the last 2 years. Couldn’t be more different. We didn’t win the championships, fair enough, but I think everyone can acknowledge the cars have been good.

We’ve heard only positive things out of Ferrari - and they made those last two cars that did so well. So... maybe dial the dramatics back a notch and enjoy the ride.
    Well said.
    Trying to be less angry..

First picture from today's shakedown (potato quality)

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I don't understand, this article says the new Ferrari is as quick as the last one, but Ferrari estimates a lossif 1.5s a lap:

"We predicted an impact of 1.5s per lap when we [first tested] in the windtunnel and it's what we got," said Binotto.

"So these cars are heavier compared to last year, and the aerodynamics, especially the front wing, has been simplified a lot.

"The expectation has been 1.5s and that has been [proven].

This motorsport article says the same. 1.5 sec lost under new regulations, but RB says they recovered all.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...lower/4339041/

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    This motorsport article says the same. 1.5 sec lost under new regulations, but RB says they recovered all.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...lower/4339041/
    Damn, another newey masterpiece maybe? they could be lying hopefully
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Damn, another newey masterpiece maybe? they could be lying hopefully
    total bluff mi amigo, total bluff....either red fools are lying or WE are lying....we'll find out soon enough
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    total bluff mi amigo, total bluff....either red fools are lying or WE are lying....we'll find out soon enough
    lol i dont think we are lying tbh, especially with how the team struggled with development and downgrades last year, but i do know Horner and Co. is usually lied to or exaggerating so thats what im hoping

You are forgetting what time they are referring to and when and where tested.

Redbull was referring to the matching the Summer Redbull I think which was slower then what they ended the season with.

Ferrari is probably refering when they first altered the car to the new rules their was a lose of 1.5 seconds, but this would be prior to developing it.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    You are forgetting what time they are referring to and when and where tested.

Redbull was referring to the matching the Summer Redbull I think which was slower then what they ended the season with.

Ferrari is probably refering when they first altered the car to the new rules their was a lose of 1.5 seconds, but this would be prior to developing it.
    Exactly...

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    I don't understand, this article says the new Ferrari is as quick as the last one, but Ferrari estimates a lossif 1.5s a lap:

"We predicted an impact of 1.5s per lap when we [first tested] in the windtunnel and it's what we got," said Binotto.

"So these cars are heavier compared to last year, and the aerodynamics, especially the front wing, has been simplified a lot.

"The expectation has been 1.5s and that has been [proven].
    Well, it's pretty clear the 2019 cars will be slower than the ones last year because of the aero rules and also because they are heavier. The question is how much slower and how much will be gained back during the in-season development.

I just hope our tight packaging in the back (less air under the cover, components closer to each other) and smaller cooling intakes will actually be enough to cool everything properly. If yes, then I believe we have a great starting aero package for the first few races until the first updates.

I was looking at the side profile of the Ferrari last night and for the fun of it, I removed the rear fin (by simply filling the area with black paint) just to get a better view of the car's profile... after removing the fin I was really shocked to see how tight it is in that area... they've really done a great job there, it's quite impressive as far as I'm concerned... the Mercedes is quite bulkier up top compared to Ferrari...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

seb and the car look fantastic in the sun, from the front atleast

Gorgeous car.

We all have our own preferences and views on beauty, so there is no point discussing about it. Is SF90 pretty or not it will all be forgotten as soon as it starts winning poles and race victories!
    So let it be fast and reliable to bring back long waited CWC and WDC!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Gorgeous car.
    Yes, can’t wait for some good shots over the next few days!

I don't know where you are seeing the extreme tightennes, I want to see it too. But this looks way, way tighter to me. Or what am I missing?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    We all have our own preferences and views on beauty, so there is no point discussing about it. Is SF90 pretty or not it will all be forgotten as soon as it starts winning poles and race victories!
    So let it be fast and reliable to bring back long waited CWC and WDC!
    +1000

seb and the car look fantastic in the sun, from the front atleast https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dznz560XgAE8PPy.jpg:large
    bellisima machina
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I don't know where you are seeing the extreme tightennes, I want to see it too. But this looks way, way tighter to me. Or what am I missing?
    http://f1tcdn.net/gallery/var/resize...nch/2v7jzq.jpg
    Maybe Ferrari tightness is the way to go!

the redbull is a bit tighter on thr side pods but ferrari has the tightest engine cover by far. the biggest fin by a mile

This might look tight, but.. if you look closer, just below the airbox, where the E is, there is a bulge, also, the sidepods are a little bit wider than the Ferrari. Of course, the airbox is slimmer on the Ferrari. The RedBull has slimmer rear section, but the Ferrari has the overall tighter engine cover. Also, our pholosophy is a bit different, but we will see. Maybe Mr. Adrian has a trick! But, they did copy the Ferrari, its more surprising given that Adrian said he doesnt know why Ferrari went that route, but in the end, he copied it!

So I've read all the theories as to why Ferrari put so much energy into slimming the engine cover and air intake , like that we needed to do it because we lost too much DF from the rule changes and front wing isn't working so we need to feed the rear wing more ect ect ect ( which sounds ridiculous , even with my zero knowledge of Aero ).

But my guess is they found something with the waste gate stacking in testing last year and they realised the more smooth air they could get in the mix the better. Because if you draw a line from the top pipe to the drivers helmet there is just a beautiful soft curve , with no big bumps like redbull.

So it all helps with efficiency/drag and also with feeding these tricked out pipes that are doing something to blow the wing.

Ok that's my pop gun theory. Ha

Don’t know why but that pit crew pic from testing reminds me of F2004. Hope this is as fast as that beauty. I have a feeling that this will be a good car.

Ferrari's fin over the engine cover is much greater than theirs... they have a taller internal arrangement whereas Ferrari has maximized the tail fin and not sacrificed all that much diagonally... plus it's a Ferrari engine and not a Honda engine, so that's already a massive advantage :p
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...