Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212233 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari SF90

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Ferrari's fin over the engine cover is much greater than theirs... they have a taller internal arrangement whereas Ferrari has maximized the tail fin and not sacrificed all that much diagonally... plus it's a Ferrari engine and not a Honda engine, so that's already a massive advantage :p
    could not have put it in better words myself......forza Ferrari ENGINE
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Ferrari's fin over the engine cover is much greater than theirs... they have a taller internal arrangement whereas Ferrari has maximized the tail fin and not sacrificed all that much diagonally...
    Possibly a better angle of what you're saying. Plumbing(?) in-floor also visible.

Grabbed from IG user 5_forzaferrari_7.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tight package for sure :)
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Possibly a better angle of what you're saying. Plumbing(?) in-floor also visible.

https://scontent-dfw5-1.cdninstagram...ninstagram.com

Grabbed from IG user 5_forzaferrari_7.
    If this is not tight I don't know what is?!

Is there a reason for the orange/red rather than scarlet? Really looks bad on TV.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Is there a reason for the orange/red rather than scarlet? Really looks bad on TV.
    Few tenths of a second me thinks.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I think it is just how the mate red is broadcast on TV. You will see it before me at Sileverstone and myself at Hungaroring. After that we will make statement is it orange red or just red!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I think it is just how the mate red is broadcast on TV. You will see it before me at Sileverstone and myself at Hungaroring. After that we will make statement is it orange red or just red!
    Yeah probably just the tv, wonder if the will change the shade to make it red on TV
    Forza Ferrari

Yeah probably just the tv, wonder if the will change the shade to make it red on TV
    or you can put a red filter in front of your TV....easy an cheap.....ha, ha...

Ferrari's fin over the engine cover is much greater than theirs... they have a taller internal arrangement whereas Ferrari has maximized the tail fin and not sacrificed all that much diagonally... plus it's a Ferrari engine and not a Honda engine, so that's already a massive advantage :p
    Yeah, I didn't take into accout the vertical tightness, now as I look at it, it's quite clear to see. Looks like we really are on to something

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    or you can put a red filter in front of your TV....easy an cheap.....ha, ha...
    Guys let it wins races and championships and we will live with any shade of red!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Guys let it wins races and championships and we will live with any shade of red!
    i have ABSOLUTELY no issues with the Matte RED.....even if it's a bit "orangy"....i liked it from the first day it was unvailed....

and if it wins the WCC and WDC......well we'll like it even more

Official In Season Testing-1, Barcelona, Day-1

Awesome photos

I can put it in one statement :

There are beautiful cars that didn’t win the championship, likewise there are worst cars at looks where it did won the championship title.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I can put it in one statement :

There are beautiful cars that didn’t win the championship, likewise there are worst cars at looks where it did won the championship title.
    every year mercedes won and it looked like a tuna can manufacturer, still does
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

the side profile looks orange-ish but its fine, lil upset alfa has much less of that romantic color red than i hoped for
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Alfa have the best colours again. I would love Ferrari to return to the shade of red from '07-08; the colour is far too orange in sunny shots. As for Mercedes, I've liked their cars over the past couple of years - clean livery and design, without the hideous nose solution. As Vettel has noted however, it is regrettable that we're back to the same hideous oversized front wings.

How Vettel exposed a key Ferrari culture shift
    Sebastian Vettel couldn't hide his delight after the end of a first day of F1 pre-season testing in which he was fastest and completed more laps than anyone. His enthusiasm suggests Ferrari's winter overhaul is already having a positive impact

By Scott Mitchell
    @ScottAutosport
    Published on Tuesday February 19th 2019
    RSS feed

Latest

News
    Trending
    Plus

Scott MitchellHow Vettel exposed a key Ferrari culture shift
    Technical analysisToned down Alfa still looks like a midfield leader
    Gary AndersonWhy there's much more to come from new Racing Point
    Gary AndersonHow Ferrari made a Mercedes-style start in testing
    Adam CooperThe inside story of Williams's ROKiT boost
    Autosport PerformanceBidding farewell to a motorsport survivor
    Jonathan NobleHow Ricciardo already has Renault 'bouncing'
    Share this article on Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email

Forget day-one conservatism and the usual game of pre-season poker. Ferrari and Sebastian Vettel will sweep both Formula 1 titles this season and everybody will have a great time as they do it.

That's the prediction to make for 2019 if you buy in to the conviction and happiness that radiated from pacesetter Vettel after just one day behind the wheel. Either Vettel was orchestrating an outrageous bluff on Monday evening, covering for some major Ferrari concerns, or the happiness filtering through the corridors of Maranello in recent weeks has begun evolving into early but genuine zest.

Vettel is one of the most emotional F1 drivers on the grid, so it is not hard to tell when he is happy. But he is also a veteran of 11 pre-season testing programmes and a four-time world champion who knows that the war isn't won on day one of eight at Barcelona in February.

That affords him benefit of the doubt, given he knows the danger of hyperbole. It also means we can take his words with only a light sprinkling of salt when he admitted, when asked by Autosport, that "we couldn't have hoped for a better day".

"It was unbelievable," Vettel said. "I think the car was working really well. We had no issues slowing us down, we completed the programme just the way we wanted. We were able to squeeze a little bit more out even.

"Obviously it's very early, the first day, and it's meaningless in a couple of weeks. But for now I think huge compliments to everyone back at the factory. How they tackled the new rules and regulations and what they put on track today is very close to perfection in the first day of driving."

Vettel was as buzzing as you're ever likely to see a top-line driver on day one of testing, and his words matched his demeanour. It also tallies with a 2019-edition Ferrari that looks, feels and acts differently. This was a significant takeaway from day one, especially as headline pace is not the important thing right now.

With a new man in charge and free of the dark cloud that followed it through the latter half of last season, Ferrari has made an enthusiastic start to the new year in many ways. It would be disingenuous to declare that new team principal Mattia Binotto has transformed Ferrari in less than two months but the impact of removing Maurizio Arrivabene and placing Binotto in charge is already evident.

Binotto says Ferrari might have missed some joy, but Vettel says that's been visible in 2019. Neither will blame Arrivabene or say Ferrari was flawed, but they don't need to. Nor do we need to be geniuses to connect the dots

Vettel gave us a first emphatic look at this on Monday. When speaking in public, Formula 1 personalities generally mouth empty platitudes or cloak their real thoughts by careful omissions. Often you have to decode by reading between the lines: someone describing the working environment under a new leader does not have to openly denigrate their predecessor to help identify the previous regime's shortcomings. If, for instance, it's said that a new recruit will enhance a team because he cares about people, the unspoken suggestion is clearly that his predecessor did not.

Ferrari seemed a scared, uninspired and unhappy place under Arrivabene by the end of 2018. But nobody at Maranello - least of all Binotto, a loyal Ferrari man through and through - was about to denounce Arrivabene's leadership qualities or even hint at the psychological struggle Ferrari was going through.

Last week, as Ferrari launched its new car, Binotto said: "The philosophy for next season certainly is try to enjoy [it]. That's something that we were maybe missing in the past." And Arrivabene, whose increased prominence following Sergio Marchionne's death last summer led to more problems, is firmly part of that past.

It's wrong to read too much into Binotto's words and declare he was taking a swipe at the previous boss, but there's definitely something to surmise from that comment.

One change up top can have the same effect as dozens below. When there's a toxic culture at the head of a company that will trickle down, but if ingenuity, creativity, appreciation and risk-taking are encouraged then that will filter through

More significantly, there's a definite connection between what Binotto talked about and what we heard from Vettel on Monday. After topping the opening day of pre-season testing and racking up more laps than any other driver, Vettel declared: "If we can maintain the level of joy and fun I found on the track today and saw on people's faces the last couple of months, then I'm positive and hopeful for the future."

So, Binotto says Ferrari might have been missing some joy, but Vettel says that's been perfectly visible in 2019. Neither will say Arrivabene is to blame or that Ferrari was a flawed place last season, but they do not need to. Nor do we need to be geniuses to connect the dots.

Ferrari is revitalised this year from its change at the top and the cultural shift that has triggered. Vettel even said "the team is the same, apart from the team principal". Ferrari grew to become Mercedes' most consistent challenger over the past two seasons, winning five races in 2017 and six in '18. But an on-edge, increasingly tense Vettel made mistakes and the team contributed to its own downfall as well.

Vettel acknowledged it is not "rocket science" to deduce Ferrari was actually quite close to being a title-winning team again. "The team and the foundation is the same, and I think Mattia will give you the same answer," he said. "I think it would be madness to change everybody and move too many things around."

One key change at the top can have the same seismic effect as dozens underneath. When there's a toxic culture at the head of a company, that will trickle down to everybody underneath. If ingenuity, creativity, appreciation and risk-taking are encouraged and praised then that will filter through as well. It's far too simplistic to say Ferrari was one kind of place under Arrivabene and has swung rapidly to the other under Binotto, but that is absolutely the vibe that is emanating from the team at the moment.

Vettel certainly seems reinvigorated by the atmosphere in Ferrari, but appears to have an affinity for his new boss on a personal level too.

"It's a big challenge for Mattia," he said. "I think from my side I will try to support him as much as I can, and I think he tries to support the team as much as he can. He's been around a long time, he knows everybody, so in this regard there's no news. It's obviously news [for him] to be in that position and have that responsibility.

"But so far I think everybody's having a smile on their face, focused and happy to come in for work and do their jobs. So obviously, days like this and a start like this are quite rewarding, with a lot of laps on the clock and a general good feeling from the car.

"Hopefully we can carry that into this week and next week."

F1 should relish the prospect of Ferrari doing that. The benefits for Mercedes, which has won every title going since 2014, of having a leader in Toto Wolff who facilitates a working environment that blends fierce professionalism with human compassion have been clear to see.

Ferrari's early culture shift hints that it is edging towards something similar. It will always be Ferrari, and likely retain the potential to subside into chaos, but if that can be reined in then Maranello and its people are an immensely powerful resource, and Vettel is one of the best drivers in the world.

Harnessing Ferrari's potential and nurturing an atmosphere that gets the right kind of emotion out of Vettel must have been right at the top of Binotto's job list. The early signs are he has made a very encouraging start towards achieving both.

Could the Ferrari's & Alfa's front wing design be the game changer. Did they get it right while MB got it wrong???

[AMus] Who wants to convert from the Mercedes wing to a Ferrari wing, must change the rest of the car aswell. And that would take weeks to match everything. That could be championship decisive.

Franz Tost said that copying the Ferrari front wing would be no solution for Mercedes: "That would take 3 to 4 months, because the entire car would have to be rebuilt drastically. Mercedes drives a completely different concept."
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Hope that turns out to be true!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Could the Ferrari's & Alfa's front wing design be the game changer. Did they get it right while MB got it wrong???

[AMus] Who wants to convert from the Mercedes wing to a Ferrari wing, must change the rest of the car aswell. And that would take weeks to match everything. That could be championship decisive.

Franz Tost said that copying the Ferrari front wing would be no solution for Mercedes: "That would take 3 to 4 months, because the entire car would have to be rebuilt drastically. Mercedes drives a completely different concept."
    It is why RedBull have done the best clever thing: Toro Rosso using Ferrari/Alfa style front wing, RedBull using Mercedes style front wing. That way they are gathering data on both aero setups.

I'm sorry to see that the Italian tricolor green/white/red isn't on the tail fin like last year, it was a nice touch and added contrast to the overall colour scheme, also I think that all the Mission Winnow graphics would look better in white, there is already enough black/dark grey on the lower body. Just my opinion, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I'm sorry to see that the Italian tricolor green/white/red isn't on the tail fin like last year, it was a nice touch and added contrast to the overall colour scheme, also I think that all the Mission Winnow graphics would look better in white, there is already enough black/dark grey on the lower body. Just my opinion, anyway.
    Well, actually it is, but not so obvious like last year

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post
    Well, actually it is, but not so obvious like last year

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzraeuuWwAYDbiN.jpg
    Thanks for that, I hadn't seen it as it's so small! Would prefer it bigger like last year but probably it's saving even more weight!!

I don't you guys, but I think... I don't want to ever see Ferrari running any other color like... ever! This just grabbed me by all the right spots

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I don't you guys, but I think... I don't want to ever see Ferrari running any other color like... ever! This just grabbed me by all the right spots
    i like the Matte RED also.....but i think it should have been a bit more darker....because in hte sunny days, as we've seen so far, it looks a bit orangy....but all in all, i like it

Ferrari/MW homage to Darth Maul?

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    It is why RedBull have done the best clever thing: Toro Rosso using Ferrari/Alfa style front wing, RedBull using Mercedes style front wing. That way they are gathering data on both aero setups.
    If the wing styles have to match a particular style of car how can Red Bull just take the other wing solution and bolt it on, their car would also have to be redesigned. Seems like you choose which to go for and stick with it. Maybe like the double diffusor in 2009 where some teams could introduce it half way through the year others could not adjust their designs due to hardpoints on their designs.