Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1728293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1369

Thread: Ferrari SF90

Have you considered the possibility that simply this is the case of silly press and rumors?

After a year where we were running with a bunch of sensors that proved nothing , there is no way FIA will accept a repeat of this
    unless a team comes to protest with hard grounds, not just because they are getting flogged by Ferrari in races.

This is why noone comes to protest, because for better or worse they have zero evidence and zero idea as to how Ferrari has gained
    this advantage.

So , quite honestly, let them squirm. In the words of Alonso, KARMA.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Another pole position coming up viva la Mexico.Can not wait for the fall out after that one fingers crossed there is plenty nice and Spicey just like Mexico.

Lewis is willing to take a pay cut for team orders Sun! Meanwhile a 3rd. DRS zone has been added to the Mexico race. A good opportunity for Charles to overtake everyone if he doesn't start 1st. !!!
    Last edited by Brembo; 24th October 2019 at 07:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Lewis is willing to take a pay cut for team orders Sun! Meanwhile a 3rd. DRS zone has been added to the Mexico race. A good opportunity for Charles to overtake everyone if he doesn't start 1st. !!!
    What will Max do then?

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    What will Max do then?
    I believe that if his car is on the money he will take his 3rd mexico win. Lewis only needs 14 pts. over Bottas to win WDC. Watching Max and Charles go at it for the win will be great racing if all goes well . If they keep Bottas back a few, they will help Lewis even if he's not in 1st.

It seems the competition are gathering to have our engine/speed advantage investigated by the FIA. Yet nobody complained about Ross Brawn joining the FIA and set up the engine rules with mercedes. Then later Ross Brawn joins Mercedes. That's quite alright it seems.

They only want an investigation to find out what they can about the Ferrari engine. Bloody dummies go and design your own engine jelousy is a curse .

Ferrari PU deemed Legal by FIA after investigation

https://www.essentiallysports.com/f1...llegal-engine/

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    Ferrari PU deemed Legal by FIA after investigation

https://www.essentiallysports.com/f1...llegal-engine/
    FIA better not spill "the beans" to other engine manufacturers as to HOW our PU works.....tehy checked it out, ferrari explained to them how it works....and better leave it at that.....no need to inform Toto and Co. about DETAILS HOW WE HAVE AN EDGE OVER teh Merc donkey engine
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    FIA better not spill "the beans" to other engine manufacturers as to HOW our PU works.....tehy checked it out, ferrari explained to them how it works....and better leave it at that.....no need to inform Toto and Co. about DETAILS HOW WE HAVE AN EDGE OVER teh Merc donkey engine
    To me that’s exactly what it was about, to get confidential information about our engine into the FIA. From there sources could leak our secrets. Like Arrivabene said last year, how did teams know about our double battery? Only after the FIA investigated it and leaked it...

After reading the article, it seems they have already leaked information “three vastly different liquids were integrated into the cooling system“. That information should not have been let out...it’s like they are leaving breadcrumbs for rivals.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    how did teams know about our double battery? Only after the FIA investigated it and leaked it...

“three vastly different liquids were integrated into the cooling system“. That information should not have been let out
    The same way how Mercedes' split turbo design was leaked.

You have to remember that people move from team to another. It is obvious that when so many people know information about a car secrets will be found out. I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories.

If the other teams and Lewis cry baby Hamilton and horror show versappen think that Ferrari are cheating then man up file a proper protest with the FIA .Or just shut your pie holes and move on seriously.Ferrari should file a complaint with the FIA for continual harassment going back 10 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by crbassassin View Post
    The same way how Mercedes' split turbo design was leaked.
    No, it is definitely not the same thing. 3 fluids in the cooling system is a very specific, proprietary information.

The split Turbo, the other teams can themselves quickly determine when the engine cover is off. An accident on the track, an engine change, a repair etc. Totally incomparable situation...

There are traitors such as Lorenzo Sassi and James Allison. Pretty sure they gave alot of Ferrari secrets. I'm glad they're gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    To me that’s exactly what it was about, to get confidential information about our engine into the FIA. From there sources could leak our secrets. Like Arrivabene said last year, how did teams know about our double battery? Only after the FIA investigated it and leaked it...

After reading the article, it seems they have already leaked information “three vastly different liquids were integrated into the cooling system“. That information should not have been let out...it’s like they are leaving breadcrumbs for rivals.
    My question is: are these legal ? Double battery and the 3 liquids ? If they are officially illegal and FIA discovered them, then they said stop using these or we will disqualify you from championship. Hence the drop in performance in summer last year and then now.

If we cheated with these then it's our fault for not finding a legal way to challenge Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    My question is: are these legal ? Double battery and the 3 liquids ? If they are officially illegal and FIA discovered them, then they said stop using these or we will disqualify you from championship. Hence the drop in performance in summer last year and then now.

If we cheated with these then it's our fault for not finding a legal way to challenge Mercedes.
    We 've not asked to change something.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Binotto confronted Horner after US Grand Prix

Ferrari boss Mattia Binotto had a ‘firm discussion’ with Red Bull chief Christian Horner after the United States Grand Prix in Austin, Texas.

Tensions between the two teams are on the rise and it all stems from the FIA issuing a Technical Directive on the engine after rivals asked the governing body for clarification on a specific ruling, suspecting that Ferrari’s intercooler was bleeding oil into the combustion process to create power boosts.

Lewis Hamilton believes that the TD did have an impact on Ferrari’s poor performance in Austin, while Red Bull’s Max Verstappen outright accused Ferrari of cheating.

Verstappen’s comments drew a response from both Binotto and Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc, with the latter saying Verstappen had “no clue” about what he was saying.

Ferrari have consistently said that they have not broken any rules and Binotto himself has offered his own explanation about the sudden lack of pace at the United States Grand Prix.

But as reported by Spanish outlet, MotorLat, Binotto went to confront Horner in the midst of the cheating allegations.

“We saw the English journalists in a meeting with Christian Horner and the tension in the air was cut with a knife,” reported Yhacbec Lopez, an accredited report for MotorLat.

“I was standing outside the Red Bull hospitaity when I could see how Mattia Binotto pass in front of the group of journalists and Horner. Mattia watched closely what happened there. Binotto observed and returned to his hospitality only to return a few minutes later, Horner said goodbye to the journalists present when Mattia headed inside the hospitality, looked for Horner who was at the entrance and immediately began an exchange of clear and blunt.

“Mattia had gone to look only for Horner and he demonstrated why he is a leader, he spoke firmly with Horner and there were complaints, what I managed to hear was a warning about legal actions.

“Horner explained that he only shared his opinions and Mattia replied in a strict tone, the level of the discussion went up. Evidently the discussion was full of tension.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/binott...us-grand-prix/
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

If there is some form of illegal fuel flow system on the SF90, I'm pretty sure that Binotto wouldn't have made such stringent denials, knowing that Ferrari would suffer for ever more in the public and F1 domain if it were proven to be fact. At least I hope that's the case for all our sakes.

Brazil is going to be exciting nonetheless. It has a nice long straight. It might suit our car better than that bouncy circuit. And I hope that we can set things straight. A glorious laptime on qualify to shut carpmouth Verstappen once and for all. And prove our engine is a headscratcher for Red Bull and Merc. It's the red alert coming in 2020. I am starting to like Binotto a lot. A very clever man who I starts to fit better and better in his role. I think this car and concept has a lot of potential for further development.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    We 've not asked to change something.
    Not officially. But we don't know what happened behind the scenes and whether we were quietly asked to make some changes otherwise it all goes public with a scandal and cheating allegations. Or the whole story is made up by the media and Horner is stating his crap like usual.

This engine debacle is all about stopping the progress of Ferrari 2020 will be difficult for mercedes and red bull especially if the SF90 continues on it's current development path.lewis is panaking already.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    This engine debacle is all about stopping the progress of Ferrari 2020 will be difficult for mercedes and red bull especially if the SF90 continues on it's current development path.lewis is panaking already.
    Yup, hamster is already crapping his pants for the 2020 season....deep down he knows Ferrari will be a mighty force if we get our ducks lined up....and I hope we do
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Yup, hamster is already crapping his pants for the 2020 season....deep down he knows Ferrari will be a mighty force if we get our ducks lined up....and I hope we do
    No he isn't. Hamilton will be the 2020 WDC

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    No he isn't. Hamilton will be the 2020 WDC
    I really hate to say it, but sadly I agree with you. I so hope I'm wrong, but I think it's going to be another easy cakewalk for Ham and merc. We just can't win any championships with the current team management and driver line-up. Leclerc is a fast and great talent and in a few years he's definitely a serious title contender, but right now he's still too inexperienced to be able to mount a consistent title challenge against Ham next year, and Vettel...well I think Hamilton has Vettel safely in his back pocket. Even if Vettel would have a big points lead in the middle of the season then as soon as Ham would start putting Vettel under pressure then Vettel would easily fold like a cheap suit again. Tbh I have zero confidence in Vettel. He's psychologically so done after everything that happened in 2018. And the management...Binotto is a smart and nice guy, but he's not a team boss material and the strategy team with Inaki Rueda is quite frankly a joke. How Inaki Rueda is still allowed to work at Ferrari after so many mistakes is beyond me. And if Ferrari has now truly lost that engine power edge and we can't use it anymore then it's pretty much curtains for 2020 already.

But like I said, I really hope they prove me wrong.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    I really hate to say it, but sadly I agree with you. I so hope I'm wrong, but I think it's going to be another easy cakewalk for Ham and merc. We just can't win any championships with the current team management and driver line-up. Leclerc is a fast and great talent and in a few years he's definitely a serious title contender, but right now he's still too inexperienced to be able to mount a consistent title challenge against Ham next year, and Vettel...well I think Hamilton has Vettel safely in his back pocket. Even if Vettel would have a big points lead in the middle of the season then as soon as Ham would start putting Vettel under pressure then Vettel would easily fold like a cheap suit again. Tbh I have zero confidence in Vettel. He's psychologically so done after everything that happened in 2018. And the management...Binotto is a smart and nice guy, but he's not a team boss material and the strategy team with Inaki Rueda is quite frankly a joke. How Inaki Rueda is still allowed to work at Ferrari after so many mistakes is beyond me. And if Ferrari has now truly lost that engine power edge and we can't use it anymore then it's pretty much curtains for 2020 already.

You forgot about our usual 8s pit stops. You simply can't challenge for titles with so many pit stop mistakes. I think we are the team that made the most mistakes during pit stops this year.

I fear that unless Merc mess it big time next year(very slim chances since not too much regs are changing) we have close to 0 chances to win anything more than a few races next year. I think that Binotto is ok for a team boss after all, but it's definitely not enough for us to start winning on a regular basis. Our drivers are both prone to making mistakes, each race I expect one of them to botch something.

As for the car, at the moment is not only much slower than Merc, but also highly unreliable.

Binotto threatened Red Bull with legal action – source

Mattia Binotto confronted Christian Horner after the US GP and threatened him with legal action, according to the Spanish source Motorlat.

Other photographic evidence emerging in the wake of the Austin race appear to back up correspondent Yhacbec Lopez’s claim about the Ferrari chief’s fury.

The normally calm Binotto was enraged after Austin when Red Bull-Honda driver Max Verstappen said Ferrari had been caught “cheating” with its engine.

“I was standing outside the Red Bull hospitality,” Lopez claims.

“When (Red Bull boss) Horner had finished with English journalists, Mattia began an exchange of clear and blunt views.

“He spoke firmly to Horner and what I managed to hear was a warning about legal action. Horner explained that he (Verstappen) only shared an opinion, and Mattia replied in a strict tone.

“From what I saw, it is clear that Binotto is far from being the good natured boss that many think he is,” Lopez added.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

I bought a can of Red Bull recently.
    they must have changed the recipe, because it tasted very bitter

Red is the only colour bring on 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post

It's not easy to admit reality when it goes against your wishes, but I do have to contest one point with you. I did not believe in Charles' ability prior to this season but I have been proven wrong. Having seen him this season, I believe that given a car on par with the Merc, he could win. Hamilton was just as much of a noob in '08 but given a great car, a team who supported him over his teammate and Timo Glock getting out of the way, he won. Charles could do the same.

I can't argue with much else of your post. Regrettably.