Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192031 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari SF90

From som inside news MB has had some problem with their car when drove it on filmin day. They have no ide about it.

Black on red is not a new concept for Ferrari...

http://www.gtc-collection-cars.com/c...-c4-f1-24.html

Although it looked a lot better on the 1984 car....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Being an Ac Milan fan, black and red totally works for me. And for those that believe they dont go together, you are kidding yourselves! Just look at some of the sports cars, including Ferrari's, that have been painted black and red in the past and look at how much better they look compared to other colours, especially white. I love the look of our new car, but of course, thats not the most important thing, the most important thing is whether or not it kicks Mercs ass! This is all i care about
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post

OMG... that front wing,..it’s like a cascade.

Motorsport says Ferrari's car is too basic compared to others. Last year's problem was aero which was not quite good compared to top two - Red Bull and Sorrow. Hopefully it only looks basic and make others look basic once it runs on track.

Studio shots

Quote Originally Posted by NasI View Post
    From som inside news MB has had some problem with their car when drove it on filmin day. They have no ide about it.
    I can only wish

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Motorsport says Ferrari's car is too basic compared to others. Last year's problem was aero which was not quite good compared to top two - Red Bull and Sorrow. Hopefully it only looks basic and make others look basic once it runs on track.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Really surprising to see some people on here saying that they don't like the look of the new car. Came here hoping to see some positive feedback but instead there's a lot of complaining.

Oh well...the general consensus on the internet is that it looks really beautiful, most comments I've seen on Youtube and twitter are praising the SF90, even fans of other teams are saying it looks simply amazing. I love the new red/black livery and that matte paint looks absolutely awesome. Very beautiful and fitting car to celebrate Scuderia Ferrari's 90th anniversary. Che bella macchina!
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    I can only wish

I don't get all this pessimism about our car!
    Just one fact .
    If we managed to seal the floor efficiently ( we have a complex new diffuseur , Red Bull style ) and in the same time a better Flow to the rear wing ( because of our very tight packaging )

= This car has a BIG advantage and Binotto is fully aware of that !

The car looks considered, thought through. I hope the hard work put in by everyone translates to results on track.

Bring on 2019; Forza Ferrari!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post

Yup, one of my fav's is the 641 not to mention the deep dark red that was used, before PMI took over the color.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Still early too early to say how well it will go (especially with how simple it looks), but the livery is the best since 2008.

The ummmmm [cough] "simplicity" of the SF90 and some comparo pics with the SF71-H.

So new tech in the engine and new tech in the suspension that has been mentioned that we cannot see. Now let's breakdown what was shown to the media and compare it with 2018 and "possible" changes during testing since the front wing(new one maybe in testing??) is an easy swap out along with MAYBE other changes in testing.

a tighter package in the rear of the car (2019 vs 2018)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dzc5EtWWsAIQKfD.jpg

2019 front wing (minus the 2019 changes) looks like the same as 2018. Possible change during testing??

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dzdr4sTW0AAhDyK.jpg

Obvious, the air intake is vastly different in 2019 vs. 2018

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzdywHPWoAEkn3F.jpg

Thanks to AMuS it points out some detail changes in the 2019 car:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzcmupOW0AAbwA9.jpg (new triple slat floor and new rear suspension)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzcmvsxWkAA43fP.jpg (again, new air intake & new mirrors)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzcmwtAX0AEzZhM.jpg (new front wing detail)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzcmyGmWwAADNTY.jpg (new rear wing (upper endplate slats missing) and new DRS mechanism)

Then there's the LED lights on the rear wing, new to 2019, ala 24hours of LeMans which was a regulation change.

To some it may be simple since it's probably a media launch but there is more to it than meets the eye. Looking forward to testing as more pics and "possible" new changes to the car will eventually come out.

I think the Mission Winnow logos will go to White after Australia, only because of that investigation that’s happening over there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    I think the Mission Winnow logos will go to White after Australia, only because of that investigation that’s happening over there right now.
    Maybe, what if Melbourne deems the "tobacco" logo goes against F1 tobacco regs????(doubt it IMO) Wiill Ferrari and Mclaren have to take their logo's down???

It's not just Melbourne that's looking into this but the EU as well. How many GP's are in the European Community???

Personally, the powers that be namely Melbourne and the EU community along with anyone else that may follow suit will take it to the courts as a stall tactic (knowing full well Ferrari and Mclaren along with their tobacco contributors are within their right and falls within the F1 tobacco regs) only to take their logo's down while both teams wait for litigation. Depending how long this litigation (stall tactic) takes place, only to put the logo's back on during the season or in 2020.

Otherwise, if Melbourne "does'nt like it"...............well that's just tough cookies.

Nothing wrong with so called simple its what's under heath that counts remember beauty is only skin deep let's go racing and then we will see expect the unexpected ferrari fans.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    yep, a "matte" finish also serves to save weight.

Some say SF said it saves weight to appease to those who dislike the livery

mercs might'v found a loophole somewhere regarding these parts.

https://twitter.com/SmilexTech/statu...08006195220481

also we got no "rim solutions" either like Merc & RB have implemented

maybe down the line we will finally capitalise on it, it probably cost too much to invest in that technology while developing the car in that short amount of time
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Nice! anything is better than nothing. our engineers are at limits now on our cars base on what they can do to gain time which might be good or bad but it shows how hard they trying find any advantage minscule or big, kudos for the hardwork i hope it pays off

Is Ferrari doing a filming day today?

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Is Ferrari doing a filming day today?
    Tomorrow in Barcelona
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I don’t know what it is... but I’ve got a horrible feeling in my stomach we’ll have a repeat of 2016 on the cards... I don’t feel confident with this car...

I don’t know what it is... but I’ve got a horrible feeling in my stomach we’ll have a repeat of 2016 on the cards... I don’t feel confident with this car...
    well, it's NOT like us fans can change anything about it.....we just have to trust our beloved Ferrari team that they left no stone unturned and that we have a good car to begin with....

we'll see how good it does on testing days, although we can't really tell too much from testing.....no team is really pushing for lap times in testing.....the real test will be after the 2-3 races into the season to give us an answer as to where we stand against teh Merc and red fools
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Maybe less is more with the front wing. Or thats not the wing at all and they are keeping it secret till testing.

I honestly laugh at people on here some times.

I don’t know why everyone thinks we’ve missed something, too simple this, not extreme enough that. I think the car looks great.

As for the above regarding front wing - it doesn’t look overly simplistic? It’s sculpted beautifully with a spoon-like profile and aggressively curved turning vanes. Does everyone just think because Mercedes has a different concept ours must be wrong? Hot tip: take a look at our car vs there’s the last 2 years. Couldn’t be more different. We didn’t win the championships, fair enough, but I think everyone can acknowledge the cars have been good.

We’ve heard only positive things out of Ferrari - and they made those last two cars that did so well. So... maybe dial the dramatics back a notch and enjoy the ride.

Ferrari may have found a loophole - front wing

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...9_regulations/

I feel Ferrari did the right thing by not changing too much.
    Even the tyres are new for this year.

They have been rather quite about the PU though. Nevertheless I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

I kinda had that feeling too when i heard Binotto say they're almost at the natural limit of the car with its current philosophy , just had me thinking that being close to the limit already means there isnt much to develop through the rest of the season( seeing how simplified and less innovative the design is this year) , but then i remembered they still can do the trick rims so theres atleast that for the rest of the year to focus on. Plus maybe simpler is better at some tracks with the aero atleast i hope so. If they fixed that mistakes on wind tunnel from last year then it should be competitive. We dont need that terrible downgrades to plague us at such a crucial time with Binotto takes charge.

watched the reveal again lol that was so awesome with the music and comparing with the renders it looks much darker and less grey than the renders with its ugly grey logos. Looked much better than the renders is what i mean.