Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323344 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari SF90

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Well then they didn’t carry that data over from last year. I really hope they can do something...
    as fans, that's all we can do hope.....i'm sure Ferrari is working flat out to try and fix the issues....but if it's a fundamental problem/issue with the car....well then i guess 2019 will be a test bed for 2020....as this season is already over for the prancing horse.....no way a team can redesign a new car for the reamaining of the season....and even if they do, by then Merc will have 10 or 12, 1-2 finishes....THIS IS SAD, REALLY SAD.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Red bull victory in monocco Charles 2nd vetal 3rd my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Red bull victory in monocco Charles 2nd vetal 3rd my prediction.
    Mercedes were 0.8 s faster than Ferrari and 0.4 s faster than red bull in sector 3 in Barcelona which is very similar to Monaco and you still expect someone other than Mercedes to win in Monaco ? And you don’t even think they’ll be on the podium? The only way that can happen is either if they take each other out or if they decide not to win to try make things interesting

We need some sort of genius epiphany. A miracle. Magic. Some abracadabra. And definitely a strategist. Apparently that seems to be vacant at the moment.

The strategist can be Merlin the magician.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari will fight for podium finish Max/vettel/Leclerc.
    Those who qualify ahead will finish ahead and with Ferrari's pace in Sector 3, it's a very brave call to predict them fighting for podium in what could arguably be the toughest race of the season for Ferrari.

Even so, sector 3 in Barcelona is NOT straightforward comparison with Monaco even if it just slow corners like Monaco. Prof of that is 2017. Remember then also we where losing 0,5 s in Q3 at Barcelona, the only difference is that then up to S2 Vet was 0,4+ faster then Ham and end up losing pole for 9 hundredths just because he lost 0.5+ in S3 alone.
    Then also everybody (here and everywhere) said that we are gonna demolished in Monaco.
    Quest what happened??!!!!
    I'm not saying that just for that example that we will win again, just as I said I think that it isn't absolute straightforward that our exact pace in S3 will be the same in Monaco!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Even so, sector 3 in Barcelona is NOT straightforward comparison with Monaco even if it just slow corners like Monaco. Prof of that is 2017. Remember then also we where losing 0,5 s in Q3 at Barcelona, the only difference is that then up to S2 Vet was 0,4+ faster then Ham and end up losing pole for 9 hundredths just because he lost 0.5+ in S3 alone.
    Then also everybody (here and everywhere) said that we are gonna demolished in Monaco.
    I'm not saying that just for that example that we will win again, just as I said I think that it isn't absolute straightforward that our exact pace in S3 will be the same in Monaco!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Vettel made a mistake in Sector 3 in Barcelona 2017 and lost a touch more than a tenth. But even at that time, Vettel was fastest in Sector 2, this time he was 3 tenths slower and 7-8 tenths slower in Sector 3 so it doesn't bode well for Monaco by any angle. Red Bull who were faster than Ferrari in Sector 3 last weekend have already given up on Monaco by citing Mercedes Sector 3 pace as "worrying".

Could be true. But Ferrari lose time on every corner except Campsa (Turn 9) in Barcelona. Gaining only on straights.
    But I think Mercedes in Monte Carlo will face more competition.

2017 front wings had, at times, 42 cascade elements. So more downforce.

2019 front wings have hardly any cascade elements. Way less downforce YET MB has somehow achieved more speed in the corners than last year on same track.

It's mind boggling. Tires???? Maybe. Suspension geometry is a more likely culprit.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Yes guys, I said it myself,that it's not the same this year as 2017!!! Then our car had so many pros (and lose only in S3) ,and this year we cant find any (pros) even with a magnified glass!!!
    I only said that although it looks like S3 in Barcelona is direct indication to Monaco,2017 example told us that it is not. The bad thing this year is that we didnt just lost time in S3 in Barcelona, but also everywhere else except the straights. So yes ,this year we look to be painfully underperform in Monaco !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Formula Mercedes

here are the Answers, right from AMuS:

Vorteil durch kluge Politik

Mercedes hat das Titelrennen bereits in der Entwicklungsphase des W10 gewonnen. Weil die Ingenieure die neuen Regeln und die neuen Reifen von Pirelli richtig gelesen haben. Vielleicht auch, weil sie aktiv mitgewirkt haben, dass Reifen und Regeln zu ihren Gunsten geändert werden.
    Es war Mercedes, die Pirelli letztes Jahr dazu geraten haben, auf den kritischen Strecken die Lauffläche zu reduzieren. Wenn die Silberpfeile in den letzten fünf Jahren ein Problem hatten, dann dass die Reifen tendenziell überhitzt haben.
    Mercedes gehörte auch zu den sechs Teams, die für die neuen Aerodynamikregeln gestimmt haben. Ferrari übrigens auch. Red Bull war dagegen. Aus gutem Grund. Und Mercedes hat auch kein Veto eingelegt, als das Spritlimit angehoben wurde. Obwohl das eigentlich gegen ihre Interessen ging.

Yes guys, I said it myself,that it's not the same this year as 2017!!! Then our car had so many pros (and lose only in S3) ,and this year we cant find any (pros) even with a magnified glass!!!
    I only said that although it looks like S3 in Barcelona is direct indication to Monaco,2017 example told us that it is not. The bad thing this year is that we didnt just lost time in S3 in Barcelona, but also everywhere else except the straights. So yes ,this year we look to be painfully underperform in Monaco !!!!
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Smintlemon View Post
    here are the Answers, right from AMuS:

Vorteil durch kluge Politik

Mercedes hat das Titelrennen bereits in der Entwicklungsphase des W10 gewonnen. Weil die Ingenieure die neuen Regeln und die neuen Reifen von Pirelli richtig gelesen haben. Vielleicht auch, weil sie aktiv mitgewirkt haben, dass Reifen und Regeln zu ihren Gunsten geändert werden.
    Es war Mercedes, die Pirelli letztes Jahr dazu geraten haben, auf den kritischen Strecken die Lauffläche zu reduzieren. Wenn die Silberpfeile in den letzten fünf Jahren ein Problem hatten, dann dass die Reifen tendenziell überhitzt haben.
    Mercedes gehörte auch zu den sechs Teams, die für die neuen Aerodynamikregeln gestimmt haben. Ferrari übrigens auch. Red Bull war dagegen. Aus gutem Grund. Und Mercedes hat auch kein Veto eingelegt, als das Spritlimit angehoben wurde. Obwohl das eigentlich gegen ihre Interessen ging.
    Here is the translation:

Advantage through wise politics

Mercedes has already won the title race in the development phase of the W10. Because the engineers have read the new rules and new Pirelli tires correctly. Maybe also because they have been actively involved in changing tires and rules in their favor.
    It was Mercedes who advised Pirelli last year to reduce tread on the critical tracks. If the Silver Arrows have had a problem in the last five years, then the tires tend to overheat.
    Mercedes was also among the six teams that voted for the new aerodynamic rules. By the way, Ferrari too. Red Bull was against it. For good reason. And Mercedes has not vetoed when the fuel limit was raised. Although that was actually against their interests.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Here is the translation:

This sport is in dire need of a reformation.

Disappointed Since 2010

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    This sport is in dire need of a reformation.
    I think F1 must be the only sport I can imagine where the same team can win year after year, and there is no outcry about it being fixed, or at least heavily geared towards Merc that the sport becomes a farce - just imagine if this situation existed in Football, there would be anarchy!

It's such a pity that it is not a level playing field, the sport could be so good.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    I think F1 must be the only sport I can imagine where the same team can win year after year, and there is no outcry about it being fixed, or at least heavily geared towards Merc that the sport becomes a farce - just imagine if this situation existed in Football, there would be anarchy!

It's such a pity that it is not a level playing field, the sport could be so good.
    its sad but true. Formula 1 is no more the fight between racer, engineers, ideas and talent. But its the fight about Politics, force and money.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post

Honda in Motogp?

Even mercedes are bored we need an f1 revolution.No wonder crowds and tv audiences are dropping at this rate and this format of mercedes dominance R. I.P. formula 1.

Even mercedes are bored we need an f1 revolution.No wonder crowds and tv audiences are dropping at this rate and this format of mercedes dominance R. I.P. formula 1.
    Ferrari has a problem with their aerodesign, apparently the car has a problem with the airflow over the frontwheels. This airflow goes under the car, for downforce you need to guide this airflow to the diffuser. Apparently this air “escapes” before it reaches the diffuser, this air escapes through both sides under the Floor. This air is lost downforce. Also this was clear for Ferrari at the wintertests!! This according to Marc Surer on speedweek. The solution is to tweak the frontwing, and when you do that Ferrari has to change the bargeboards, Floor, diffuser etc. There is a lot of work to be done in Maranello. In my opinion we can conclude that the championship is over. But a win must be possible this year if they fix this issue on time.
    Last edited by badr; 16th May 2019 at 22:26.

It seems like the measured the side height though during the latest test, not the aero...
    Also, this is something that they could find during winter testing!

It makes me wonder what they did test on the wintertest. I think they need to split the job of Binotto: he needs support, I get the feeling he got more on his plate then he can chew! Besides this topic: class reaction of Arrivabene at the Mille miglia race about Ferrari.

Mr binotto said on Ferrari news 24 that the Ferrari team are young and are still learning .Seriously Ferrari don't mind spending 600 million euro on learners must feel so good to have money to burn for no real results. That is a copout blame the apprentice Ferrari must remember you can't teach an old wolf any tricks.

Mr binotto said on Ferrari news 24 that the Ferrari team are young and are still learning .Seriously Ferrari don't mind spending 600 million euro on learners must feel so good to have money to burn for no real results. That is a copout blame the apprentice Ferrari must remember you can't teach an old wolf any tricks.
    Ferrari currently in transformation with new management etc, sadly they can't fight against F1 rules in the current position. I don't see them having enough power to negotiate with F1 management, there's no such strong voice from Ferrari. Everyone in the team are soft spoken, need someone like SM or LDM who can keep Ferrari as priority in F1 will be the game changer. currently too much of mercs voices & their power.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Could be true. But Ferrari lose time on every corner except Campsa (Turn 9) in Barcelona. Gaining only on straights.
    But I think Mercedes in Monte Carlo will face more competition.
    Monaco is all about driver confidence + mechanical grip. Less mechanical grip in slow corners means more oversteer = less confidence.

Right now, the Mercedes W10 has the class leading vehicle dynamics (aero + mechanical balance). Unless they miss out on pirelli lottery or crash or take each other out, Monaco is going to be walk in the park for Mercedes.

Someone said early on in this thread that every time Ferrari name their car to mark some kind of anniversary the car ends up being crap. Looks like they may have been onto something.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari currently in transformation with new management etc, sadly they can't fight against F1 rules in the current position. I don't see them having enough power to negotiate with F1 management, there's no such strong voice from Ferrari. Everyone in the team are soft spoken, need someone like SM or LDM who can keep Ferrari as priority in F1 will be the game changer. currently too much of mercs voices & their power.
    Agreed. Binotto isn't the person to lead a team like Ferrari. He reminds me of an emo kid, sitting in the back of the room and talking to himself about cutting.

Tell me he doesn't remind you of Michael from South Park?
    5th-9th-grader-michael.png