Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1369

Thread: Ferrari SF90

Binotto more or less already confirmed that next year's car will be the continuation of this year's outwash philosophy. And I can understand his decision, to design a brand new car with new concept is a massive change during a stable regulation period. No doubt it would also compromise 2021 project.

And it would be an absolutely moronic decision to hinder Leclerc's progress to appease Vettel. He is only 21 and will continue to get better, Vettel on the other hand already at an age that most drivers experience fall off. And Vettel already reached that stage and he is clearly incapable of turning the train around.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorUS View Post
    To bring things back to the topic - a hypothetical:

I would imagine that the 2020 development is not too far along and that changes can still made. It is apparent that Vettel and LeClerc have different driving styles that are suited to different cars. Given the performance of the two this year, if you are Ferrari, who's driving style do you favor in the 2020 development?
    I’ll point out single question to you... what’s lacking in SF90???
    If you answer that, will get an idea what’s the car or area of development on next year’s car gonna be.

Get enough DF on the car & let Vettel, Lec drive it. Outcome you will know next year.
    Based on past data you can’t say that last year he dominated, next year also he will be the same.

Next year car will be built on our current drivers feedback. If the development is good we will have strong car.
    Not like few anti fan boys say without sense, sacrifice one driver for the other. That’s purely immature comment.
    “Oh Binotto designing car for only their top driver n not for another driver”

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I’ll point out single question to you... what’s lacking in SF90???
    If you answer that, will get an idea what’s the car or area of development on next year’s car gonna be.

Get enough DF on the car & let Vettel, Lec drive it. Outcome you will know next year.
    Based on past data you can’t say that last year he dominated, next year also he will be the same.

Next year car will be built on our current drivers feedback. If the development is good we will have strong car.
    Not like few anti fan boys say without sense, sacrifice one driver for the other. That’s purely immature comment.
    “Oh Binotto designing car for only their top driver n not for another driver”
    My but you get defensive whenever Vettel is mentioned - and a little nasty too! There is ALWAYS a balancing act when designing a car; straight line speed vs. stability in the turns; oversteer vs. understeer tendency; etc. When the engineers are designing the car, they make these compromises with their drivers in mind. When their drivers have 2 distinct styles, as Vettel and LeClerc certainly seem to have, they must necessarily favor one over the other when making these choices.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorUS View Post
    My but you get defensive whenever Vettel is mentioned - and a little nasty too! There is ALWAYS a balancing act when designing a car; straight line speed vs. stability in the turns; oversteer vs. understeer tendency; etc. When the engineers are designing the car, they make these compromises with their drivers in mind. When their drivers have 2 distinct styles, as Vettel and LeClerc certainly seem to have, they must necessarily favor one over the other when making these choices.
    If you feel I get defensive, probably your thinking process might be different.
    Oversteer/understeer it’s generally depends driver adaptive style. As I said earlier, car design philosophy will be based on drivers feedback at the factory development goes on.
    If we take your formula of one driver favouritism, so ferrari designed a car for Leclerc? So he’s winning? N at the other end vettel is struggling with the same car

It’s definitely wrong. If you look at 2017/2018 cars ferrari went with good DF which both drivers liked it.
    Same goes with this year’s car & next year too. Leclerc is winning but still feel lacks grip when coming out of slow corners.
    Driving style may be different, but both the drivers like strong rear-end of the car & balance as far I see on track.

I like the fact that we have an engine that puzzles our competitors. We have speed on the straights. If we can find more downforce in corners while not sacrificing too much on the straights, we might be working towards a great concept. And I think it's good idea from Binotto to do something different. Because if it works. It will be hard to adopt for the competition. It might also be a gamble. This year teams are complaining about the small operating window in which the tires are at their best. Except Mercedes. And they didn't like the proposal to make them larger for next year. So we definitely are struggling with it this year. Anyway Peter Windsor had some interesting video about our team. https://youtu.be/m7WQjrUKcA0

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    I like the fact that we have an engine that puzzles our competitors. We have speed on the straights. If we can find more downforce in corners while not sacrificing too much on the straights, we might be working towards a great concept. And I think it's good idea from Binotto to do something different. Because if it works. It will be hard to adopt for the competition. It might also be a gamble. This year teams are complaining about the small operating window in which the tires are at their best. Except Mercedes. And they didn't like the proposal to make them larger for next year. So we definitely are struggling with it this year. Anyway Peter Windsor had some interesting video about our team. https://youtu.be/m7WQjrUKcA0
    There’s a rumour that mercs pushing its customer teams to block additional days of testing for Pirelli.
    On other side they say, we are ok with it. Why would only Williams & RP block it cheap tricks from mercs

Well next year the tires are supposed to have a larger operating window, so if Ferrari manage to add some decent downforce to this years car and get these tires to work, then we should be in good shape for next year. Hopefully a fast car that can turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Well next year the tires are supposed to have a larger operating window, so if Ferrari manage to add some decent downforce to this years car and get these tires to work, then we should be in good shape for next year. Hopefully a fast car that can turn.
    We have a good quali car, what needed is race pace. If they sort it out this car is a beast

We have a good quali car, what needed is race pace. If they sort it out this car is a beast
    yeah this.....we have a strong car in Quali...and now that the so called UPGRADES are actually working....especially at a circuit where we thoought we would be thompelled by Merc and red bull....i am really impressed....so once we sort out out race pace, yeah, the sf90 will be BEYOND BEAST.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

After Singapore, I don't fear any tracks. I think the car is good enough to win all the remaining races.

Russia is tailor made for SF90. Also last years Russian GP was Charles's strongest race for Alfa. I'm expecting him to dominate the whole weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    1. Pole doesnt mean much here, second place or even third place to start is better.
    2. Seb is decent here, maybe he will rediscover his real form, or not.
    3. Bottas, Hamilton could be in the mix.
    4. Never take anything, or a domination for granted. You never know what could happen.
    5. Rain on saturday is expected.
    6. WDC,WCC is lost long time ago, now its all about the glory and the final races. I have already all eyes at 2020.
    Let’s stick to SF90 technical details n keep it the same. For track related we have other threads.

Let’s stick to SF90 technical details n keep it the same. For track related we have other threads.
    Yup.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Reorganization at Ferrari's PU department. Corrado Iotti who led the PU department of Ferrari after Sassi, is going back to his previous role, working on a new road car project.

Gualtieri is now head of engine dep. with a team of Zimmermann, Fraboni, Baritaud, Di Paola, Bussi

Source : Italian motorsport

Ferrari won on the longest straight 0.15s on the competition.

Binotto: "Our air resistance advantage is lower at maximum downforce. Singapore has shown that our engine superiority has been exaggerated"

Ferrari says a plus of 20 hp in qualifying and 10 hp in the race.

via #AMuS

Here is the new diffuser.

It was missing in Singapore FP1 and FP2, but they have used it in FP3-Race day.

Before the budget cap is becoming active, Ferrari has decided to equip their simulation department with new tools, a new simulator that is being developed in parallel with the 2020 car to make an important qualitative leap forward.

Motorsport IT

Before the budget cap is becoming active, Ferrari has decided to equip their simulation department with new tools, a new simulator that is being developed in parallel with the 2020 car to make an important qualitative leap forward.

Motorsport IT
    Interesting. Thanks fratello

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by JPMFerrari View Post
    Brilliant fratello. Thank you very much.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...mpression=true
    Ferrari won't introduce any more major updates in 2019

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...mpression=true
    Ferrari won't introduce any more major updates in 2019
    Don’t need them, we’ve got the car to potentially win all the last 6 rac3s, why should we bring more updates?

Concentrate on next years car as I’m sure will be an evolution of the sf90....no need to copy Merc or red fulls....we are finally understanding the car, we just need to fine tune it
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

It's great not seeing the words "Tires and Down Force" dominating this tread anymore.

#AMuS Binotto about the 2020 car: "The new car will be an evolution. The right balance between drag and downforce is important for us. Less drag helps you in terms of top speed and fuel consumption."

#AMuS The Mercedes factory/team works for 2020 already. This also applies to Ferrari!

Binotto: "If we bring another aero package this year, then it surely will not be as big as our Singapore update!"

#AMuS The Mercedes concept for this year was downforce at all costs but Mercedes admits to consider a concept change for 2020.

But Toto Wolff also warns and says the important thing first is to find out what Ferrari is doing with their engine.

#AMuS After the last races, Ferrari feels confirmed that they did not rely on a wrong concept! Ferrari also wants to build an efficient car next year.

The best 2020 team work will be to put Charles in the #1 seat. A few good tire choices and a little more down force; and Ferrari will be the team to beat! Rubenize Seb ASAP!

Maldonize Max .... father jos is waiting for you.

Maxischuo more like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    The best 2020 team work will be to put Charles in the #1 seat. A few good tire choices and a little more down force; and Ferrari will be the team to beat! Rubenize Seb ASAP!
    Rubenize Charles now! Ban him for lifetime for his constant moaning and crying. This is it, I can also strike back.

OK , but if Ferrari thinks as you do , we would have had a worse season than we fans already had. You could be right. Lets see how Seb does the rest of the season. Anything is possible. Success to both is what I would like to see happen.

Maxi-taxi is fine

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Rubenize Charles now! Ban him for lifetime for his constant moaning and crying. This is it, I can also strike back.
    He has the right to express his concerns. Although It should be limited.
    Don’t agree with you. Vettel at RB was constantly doing the same.