Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11222324252627282930313233343536
Results 1,051 to 1,064 of 1064

Thread: Ferrari SF90

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    So the next race is Sinagpore, a track which is not suited to SF90's characteristics. Few plus point for us:

1. It is a bumpy track, and Mercedes run their car very stiff at the front. So they may struggle a bit under breaking.
    2. It is a stop and go track with plenty of slow speed corners, but they are not long flowing corners, like S3 Hungary or S3 Spain. So we should be a bit closer.

Bad points:

1. Not a power sensitive circuit plus downforce is key here. And we all know our car is not that good at high-downforce department.
    2. Pretty much rare-limited, any our car chews its rare tyres more than the Mercedes/Red Bull. So even if the qualifying pace looks, race pace is going to be horrible.

So without any major upgrades, Ferrari's is going to struggle here. Hopefully Ferrari will bring a major both aero + mechanical upgrade here.
    The temperatures should be in our favour as well.

I would put one of our drivers onto hard tyres and just try to play for the safety car. The other one can try to compete on pace. But I don't see us winning Singapore without some sort of strategy.

"When I watch a puppet show, I'm not watching the puppets...I'm trying to see who's pulling the strings."

The main strategy will be and is to let Charles race , let him fight for pole and when up front he will be the man to win. Hopefully tires can be correctly worked out. It's Ferrari he's driving for. I hope Bottas can confuse the rest of the top drivers and help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    The main strategy will be and is to let Charles race , let him fight for pole and when up front he will be the man to win. Hopefully tires can be correctly worked out. It's Ferrari he's driving for. I hope Bottas can confuse the rest of the top drivers and help out.
    I completely agree. If you're going to play games with one of your drivers, it will obviously be your #2, which at the moment is Vettel.

I wouldn't want to mess with Leclerc. I want him to fight it out as optimally as possible. The boy is riding high right now, and he has the speed.

"When I watch a puppet show, I'm not watching the puppets...I'm trying to see who's pulling the strings."

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    I completely agree. If you're going to play games with one of your drivers, it will obviously be your #2, which at the moment is Vettel.

I wouldn't want to mess with Leclerc. I want him to fight it out as optimally as possible. The boy is riding high right now, and he has the speed.
    If Seb winds up fighting in the mid field the rest of the season against the competition, he will be ready and able next season to be a top contender again. Crashing not necessary. I believe he had it too easy @ R Bull and that hurt him as far as experience out of being up front . Charles fighting off Merc last race is what driving great is all about. Driver, not just car.

Canada vettel drove the best keeping merc behind. Unfortunately he got penalty.
    Leclerc drove the same in Monza. Instead of penalty he got White & black flag. That’s the only difference.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Leclerc drove the same in Monza. Instead of penalty he got White & black flag. Thatís the only difference.
    Funny I was thinking the same thing. For others Charles did it all by his own. Until... he start making mistakes. Wait a second... lest bring Lewis and Alonso and then they can drive my grandmothers car because they can better then anybody. Hahahaha! People need to look there self on the miror fist

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Quote Originally Posted by 19000rpmF-2004 View Post
    Funny I was thinking the same thing. For others Charles did it all by his own. Until... he start making mistakes. Wait a second... lest bring Lewis and Alonso and then they can drive my grandmothers car because they can better then anybody. Hahahaha! People need to look there self on the miror fist
    The mirror shows : Charles with mistakes and all, with, 2 wins, 7 podiums, 4 poles, 2 fastest laps, 13 pts. ahead of Seb , he's in 4th pl. just 3 pts. behind M in 3rd. Seb as of now has Zero wins. But yes, there's still plenty of 2019 left for him to come alive. There's no list of drivers who never make mistakes.

Leclerc drove the same in Monza. Instead of penalty he got White & black flag. That’s the only difference.
    Well you forgot the most important part: "One goes off track and joined the track recklessly and almost took out Hamilton", "Other one stayed on track and defended his inside line, there was no off track incursion"

So there is big difference between the two incidents.

IMO I think in Monza it is LH strategy try to overtake and apply late brake (hard brake) before the chicane (he knows it is impossible to overtake in a fast corner unless its a slow corner), if you are in front you will apply soft brake early (to save tyre) so that you have a clean turn in the chicane, but what LH doing is a trick or cheat, push his car (to let the steward know im overtaking this guy) and late brake before the chicane (damaging your tyre) even he knows there's a chicane ahead so that the driver in front of him will be penalized for not giving him enough room to operate. I don't know if my assumption is correct, LH dirty strategy.
    Last edited by JChan; Yesterday at 12:24.

Hammy squeezed Vettel like crazy in that chicane last year so he literally should be the last one to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    The mirror shows : Charles with mistakes and all, with, 2 wins, 7 podiums, 4 poles, 2 fastest laps, 13 pts. ahead of Seb , he's in 4th pl. just 3 pts. behind M in 3rd. Seb as of now has Zero wins. But yes, there's still plenty of 2019 left for him to come alive. There's no list of drivers who never make mistakes.
    Iím not talking about wonder kid mirror

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Well you forgot the most important part: "One goes off track and joined the track recklessly and almost took out Hamilton", "Other one stayed on track and defended his inside line, there was no off track incursion"

So there is big difference between the two incidents.
    Vettel’s Only mistake in that Canada GP is the which you highlighted it.
    Look at Monza GP, Lec had couple of them (that includes going off the track & joined fortunately there was no immediate corner there else it similar incident to Canada GP), Lewis too had couple of them lost a position too.
    That’s how it goes in the sport, one gains & other looses.

It seems that only vettel mistake is highlighted more that’s it. Nothing more to say.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

Vettel’s Only mistake in that Canada GP is the which you highlighted it.
    Look at Monza GP, Lec had couple of them (that includes going off the track & joined fortunately there was no immediate corner there else it similar incident to Canada GP), Lewis too had couple of them lost a position too.
    That’s how it goes in the sport, one gains & other looses.

It seems that only vettel mistake is highlighted more that’s it. Nothing more to say.
    Again how is it similar? Vettel goes off track and on to the grass, joined the track recklessly with Hamilton on his side and almost pushed him on to the wall. Leclerc on the other hand had already committed the corner, he locked up his front left when he was turning, not under breaking. And he joined the track safely with Hamilton still behind. And unlike Monza, where others also locked up and gone off track at turn 1, Vettel was the only one to go off-track at turn 3 in Canada, so another big difference.

And of course it's going to be highlighted. Vettel lost the victory due to his off-track incursion and the penalty, so it was a big deal. And it's funny to see that you highlighted Leclerc's one lock up and while ignoring Vettel's spin, yet another crucial mistake. But I guess to you, it wasn't a such big deal like his mistake in Canada.

Your agenda is pretty clear so yeah, there's nothing left to discuss.

All drivers make mistakes but Charles and H and M win races anyway. Seb has to get on the wagon with them. Mistakes will be forgiven. Wins wipe out the errors.