Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232435 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari SF90

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I actually really like the way the car looks. I just don't like how the "Mission Winnow" logo is on the car in at least 14 different locations, excluding the arrow logos. Is the team "Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow," or "Misson Winnow Scuderia Ferrari?"
    Counted 21 Mission Winnow ads on our car. What? I was bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Counted 21 Mission Winnow ads on our car. What? I was bored.
    21????? that makes total perfect sense.....ONE for EVERY race.....lol
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    21????? that makes total perfect sense.....ONE for EVERY race.....lol
    LOL
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Sebastian Vettel named his SF90 "Lina"
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Lina? Hmm…

… she will be SWEET and will kick all the others in the NUTS.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Seb's car names from his past

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1he1q4WoAA6wY9.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Lina? Hmm…
    https://i.ibb.co/K2kLwZw/lina-right2.png
    … she will be SWEET and will kick all the others in the NUTS.
    well i guess you can't blame Seb for wanting to earn a few extra $$ by advertising chocolate bars

My daughter's name is Lena, so it damn well better win.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Do you know what he named last years car (2018)?

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    I think ,,Gina,,

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    My daughter's name is Lena, so it damn well better win.
    Too right or there will be trouble, poverina!!

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post
    I think ,,Gina,,
    Loria
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Seb should try Louise !

How about Sophia? She was a winner.

Not louise , it's Lina !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/47527705

interesting... and thoughtful

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post

I think this guy is not serious. Maybe he is working for Mercedes??
    As an engineer, when I look at it, the hardest working part on the front wing is the top, so, the high pressure is where the wing has the highest angle, and lowest is at the edge, in the case of Ferrari. So, the air would be going to the side toward the outer edge of the tire on the top of the wing, and at the bottom, it will be going to the middle, which creates like a suction, taking air from the bottom edge of the wing. So what is he talking about that the Ferrari will be feeding air into the middle?? He needs to really think about it. He has it completely opposite. He forgot that mercedes had the most bargeboards and so much detail in that section??? So what does that mean?? Also, why is Mercedes saying they are looking at the Ferrari wing if its really not working well???

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post

very interesting, gots me abit antsy about the last bit with running out of room for development, which has been the Achilles heel past seasons around half way in the year

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    I think this guy is not serious. Maybe he is working for Mercedes??
    As an engineer, when I look at it, the hardest working part on the front wing is the top, so, the high pressure is where the wing has the highest angle, and lowest is at the edge, in the case of Ferrari. So, the air would be going to the side toward the outer edge of the tire on the top of the wing, and at the bottom, it will be going to the middle, which creates like a suction, taking air from the bottom edge of the wing. So what is he talking about that the Ferrari will be feeding air into the middle?? He needs to really think about it. He has it completely opposite. He forgot that mercedes had the most bargeboards and so much detail in that section??? So what does that mean?? Also, why is Mercedes saying they are looking at the Ferrari wing if its really not working well???
    I think you're right. I think Scarbs or Autosport already did an in-depth study on front wings and said Ferrari/Alfa style wings are more aggressive outwash wings. Plus the fact he left out that Ferrari have adopted a higher rake so as the wing dips it gets more efficient, not sure how real this guy is. Merc are more dependent on getting air through the nose area to feed their inlets, that's why they raised their suspension.

Lina is really nice but I personally would've named the SF90 "Mathilda" for the matte paint, but that's not a very Italian name I suppose.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

https://streamable.com/seq60

Ferrari implemented a green LED light on the top left of the steering wheel to indicate when to lift and coast. The car looks like it had some serious issues in Melbourne. Whether it be fuel, tyre, or PU related we don't know yet.
    Our strategies better be on point in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post

Ferrari implemented a green LED light on the top left of the steering wheel to indicate when to lift and coast. The car looks like it had some serious issues in Melbourne. Whether it be fuel, tyre, or PU related we don't know yet.
    thanks for the vid, woooow that is awful looking, so early coasting no wonder he was a snail there, kuboca might'v been quicker, PU sounding strained or just weird whenever it went green too

either that or its just the race setting that helps them fuel manage but big YIkes, hope they didnt put an egg as the PU this year

That green light is really weird... seems like it comes on when it's time to downshift.... but the downshift happens so much earlier than it should??? Vettel then sort of coasts...

When was this video taken? is this just necessary to save fuel?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    That green light is really weird...
    Yes, really.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/r...nd-prix-report

"That was one story; the other was the under-performance of Ferrari. Around a low grip, bumpy track very different to Barcelona, the SF90 simply wasn’t working. “It was not balanced, it struggled with the tyres and none of the different set-ups we tried worked,” surmised Mattia Binotto. It was noticeable that it was running a lot of front wing angle and GPS analysis confirmed that most of the time loss was in Turns One, Three and 13 – i.e. the slow, big steering-lock corners leading onto straights. Meaning it was slow onto the straights and at the end of them. Even with all its front wing angle used up, it still had a front-end grip shortfall."

". . . the Ferrari was lacking in front-end grip. Although its straightline speeds were well down too, this was a just a function of how much slower it was onto the straights (GPS-derived power overlays suggested a negligible difference between Mercedes and Ferrari)."

-------------------------------------

this would make sense if they wasn't so good in Barcelona

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post

The driver is the one who needs to know exactly when to lift and coast, he's in the race ,in the car. The green light is another way to find an excuse to blame each other for a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I think you're right. I think Scarbs or Autosport already did an in-depth study on front wings and said Ferrari/Alfa style wings are more aggressive outwash wings. Plus the fact he left out that Ferrari have adopted a higher rake so as the wing dips it gets more efficient, not sure how real this guy is. Merc are more dependent on getting air through the nose area to feed their inlets, that's why they raised their suspension.
    Yes, correct. They raised the front suspension arm to let more air go into the barge board section. Even the nose is slimmer to get the air. The ferrari nose is wider. The sing mounts also wider on the Ferrari and the buldge on the nose, which restrict air flow to the barge boards when you compare it to the mercedes. Also, did he forget that last year, they had the most develped barge boards of any car. The ferrari does not have so complicated. The barge boards are higher on the Ferrari because they want to get the air flowing over the top suspension arms to reattach and flow toward the back of the car. Also, the main reason Ferrari used a high intake is to let the little air that goes through the bargeboard are to go efficiently without obstruction to the back. That guy has is mixed.

So been doing some reading and it seems that early downshift could be a way to recharge the ERS... so battery issues?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

All these possible issues and adjustments at Ferrari and meanwhile R Bull with a car ,engine fresh out of the box beats out both Ferraris? Tricky track, heavy heat , right or wrong tires ? Ferrari needs this next race , podium ,win anything rather than, nothing. I have faith in Charles more now than before the race.

Legendary master Seb5

Young Prodigy Leclerc16