Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171829 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari SF90

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Don’t know abt slow corners .
    I think we got the corners-->double battery system???
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Ferrari's front wing keeps the 'outwash' philosophy of pasts years while Mercedes and RB changed it completely and use the allowed front wing dimension to it's max.
    Let's see which is the best development path, but I'm a little worried at this moment.
    By the way, Alfa, Toro Rosso and Renault did the same as Ferrari, Haas and McLaren opted for the Merc and RB solution.
    This is of course in launch specs that might change.

Hopefully capable of delivering Championship like last year if not better. For those who are saying she looks basic, well, it's only launch, they don't need to bolt everything to make some forum members happy

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    Ferrari's front wing keeps the 'outwash' philosophy of pasts years while Mercedes and RB changed it completely and use the allowed front wing dimension to it's max.
    Let's see which is the best development path, but I'm a little worried at this moment.
    By the way, Alfa, Toro Rosso and Renault did the same as Ferrari, Haas and McLaren opted for the Merc and RB solution.
    This is of course in launch specs that might change.
    McLaren went same route as Ferrari. The launch car is different to the renders.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    McLaren went same route as Ferrari. The launch car is different to the renders.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    The launch car is different to the renders.
    yep, some used a 2018 car and bolted on a new front wing and rear wing. I would have done it to throw everyone off then come testing bring out the real car. Mind games. The livery was obviously different on all teams.

My 2 cents:

I love it. I think they didn't revolutionise anything because last year's car was so good. because of that I think we'll be in a better position because we'll know more about the car than others who have changes their car massively. There is a lot of change due to regulation so better keep the 60% of what you know while tweeking and learning about the 40%. It's not the fastest car that won last year but the most consistent and the team that made the least mistakes. Having said all that this car is a new car, everything they had before worked so they made everything better while keeping it the same. The paint for example, is from the Red Bull school, but it is meant to give an advantage over the traditional paint used before. I think that's the ethos of this car, enhance every part to reach full performance. I hope they have done the same with the already strong engine. Really looking forward to the testing and the new rear hydraulic suspension, hope that gives us the edge we were lacking with the mercs.

Don't replace what isn't broken, improve it.

Forza Ferrari Sempre

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking the same. Makes the air flow stick better to the car maybe?
    Its about the boundary layer conditions. With a matte finish paint, it builds a boundary layer, or a thin layer of air that stays with the car for longer, then the air that passes over the cars interacts with the air that is held in with the matte finish minute rugged surface, which offer less friction or resistance because the boundary layer stays with the car and the incoming air does not have to slow down as much to replenish the boundary layer. I dont know if it makes sense, but I can explain more if you guys have questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Hopefully capable of delivering Championship like last year if not better. For those who are saying she looks basic, well, it's only launch, they don't need to bolt everything to make some forum members happy
    When was the last time Ferrari changed the car from launch to testing? Never. This is the car. Let’s hope all the revolutions are under the engine cover and that we dominate.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Looking at the sliders and compairing the sf90 with the prev car its even more obvious how much tighter it is. Good work I would say :) Feeling positive :)

The sidepod inlets are bigger to compensate for the smaller airbox.

The suspension arms are very thick. Especially at the rear.

love it! except i think the wheels should be matt black
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    When was the last time Ferrari changed the car from launch to testing? Never. This is the car. Let’s hope all the revolutions are under the engine cover and that we dominate.

pretty underwhelming and very basic, i thought anyway. aw well who cares about looks if it can destroy the competition for once. faith in mattia, seb and leclerc. lets hope testing day we have atleast some bigger innovations hopefully. i like the red, but too much black and the logos in dark grey is not too good, but might be stunning in the sun on track, i cant wait
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

just realised we got rid of our smart innovative mirrors that RB took to a new level this year, thats sad i kinda liked it, but man does that logos suck, that colors are awful (dark grey) i wonder if they keeping it that color to avoid conflict with the smoking tobacco story going around, hopefully they make it white
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

https://twitter.com/HaasF1Team/statu...85513538371585 not sure if posted but here's HAAS doing a run down the straight can hear the SF90 engine

I like the black details of the livery. Still, I wish there will be all black wings sometime again.

The packaging at the back sure look slim as they say. Maybe this season is the one when Ferrari win again. One can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    just realised we got rid of our smart innovative mirrors that RB took to a new level this year, thats sad i kinda liked it, but man does that logos suck, that colors are awful (dark grey) i wonder if they keeping it that color to avoid conflict with the smoking tobacco story going around, hopefully they make it white
    regardless of the color, Melbourne and the EU are looking into how the tobacco companies (plural...more than one) are using a "backdoor" for advertising. Mclaren have BAT (British American Tobacco) as a sponsor and their logo is on the Mclaren car. I'm sure both tobacco companies lawyers looked into the "fine print" AND can say something to the effect of "these products do not have tobacco and are a trend to get people to quit smoking OUR tobacco products" whether its vaping or e-cigarettes.

The way I look at it, if it becomes a trend and not just in F1, it pumps more money into the teams.....especially the ones that are struggling. BTW, whether its tobacco advertising or alcohol advertising, both don't affect me in my everyday life.....past, present, or future.

It looks like quite big effort is taken to get max from rear wing. Bigger sidepods help them to lower engine cover. That plus vertical exhaust pipes plus makes me think about it this way. Our main problem last year were slow corners and rain. It looks like many clever tricks are under the hood. Revolution isnt't always better than evolution.
    Few years ago when we had new car with fancy sidepods and area next to them Neway has said he don't understand that way of thinking. Now RB has similiar structure. Our boys know what to do and do it really well. Forza Ferrari.
    Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    regardless of the color, Melbourne and the EU are looking into how the tobacco companies (plural...more than one) are using a "backdoor" for advertising. Mclaren have BAT (British American Tobacco) as a sponsor and their logo is on the Mclaren car. I'm sure both tobacco companies lawyers looked into the "fine print" AND can say something to the effect of "these products do not have tobacco and are a trend to get people to quit smoking OUR tobacco products" whether its vaping or e-cigarettes.

The way I look at it, if it becomes a trend and not just in F1, it pumps more money into the teams.....especially the ones that are struggling. BTW, whether its tobacco advertising or alcohol advertising, both don't affect me in my everyday life.....past, present, or future.
    didnt they have Heineken cgi shoved in our faces past two years

btw the translator dude sounded like crashtappen

Any idea if we are doing a shakedown at Fiorano ?

didnt they have Heineken cgi shoved in our faces past two years
    yup, still going on 2019.

"Think before you drive"

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I think we got the corners-->double battery system???
    Mexico we suffered a lot...!! Singapore too??? Which I was surprised.

the opening above is back to being the beautiful triangular shape I have always preferred, and the exhaust has the triple stack tested last year

LOVE IT.

people say basic... I say clean, sharp, sleek and very beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    the opening above is back to being the beautiful triangular shape I have always preferred, and the exhaust has the triple stack tested last year

LOVE IT.

people say basic... I say clean, sharp, sleek and very beautiful!
    Yes and in reality even the side pod vents are not "larger" but rather half of them is used as aero to re-direct air currents. The frontal photo shows it clearly linked a bit further up.

The innovative concept of last years' mirrors was that air flow re-directing vane built in which if you look closer this year is replicated by the supporting arm of the mirrors with the added benefit that the way they're joined together is more rigid and no obstruction from the mirror surface.

Capture.JPG