Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313243 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Barcelona testing(Circuit de Catalunya)

Seems to me that all teams are doing OK and nobody's looking really ***! Williams, I have no idea.
    We are fast and reliable, which is good - but we can NEVER underestimate the silver *****. Not convinced by the Red Bull.
    Pleased to see all Ferrari-powered teams doing well.
    FP and qualy at Melbourne will be the test..
    #ForzaFerrari
    Trying to be less angry..

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Another 134 laps for Vettel in the SF90

Montmelò, 20 February 2019 – Sebastian Vettel was back behind the wheel of the Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow SF90 for the third and penultimate day of the first Formula 1 pre-season test. The German completed 80 laps in the morning and a further 54 in the afternoon, thus completing the planned distance on the programme ahead of schedule. So far, the SF90 has done 460 laps here at the Barcelona-Catalunya Circuit.

Set-up work. Once again, the morning session began with a first run to check all the car components were functioning properly. Then the team got down to set-up work and evaluating tyres, simulating various phases of a race. Vettel set his fastest time a bit before the lunch break, stopping the clocks in 1’18”350.

Positive impression confirmed. Here is what Sebastian said at the end of the day: “It was good to be back in the car today and put some more mileage under my belt. Again, we had a busy day and managed to complete our programme, which included a few new items, compared to Monday. We tried a few things around also focusing on set-up and I can only confirm the positive impression I had on day one. Having now put 303 laps in the bag I feel comfortable to say we are satisfied with how the car is progressing.”

Charles again. The first pre-season test here in Barcelona ends tomorrow, when Charles Leclerc will again be driving the SF90. Next week, at this same Spanish track, there will be a final four days of testing prior to the start of the season in Australia on 17 March.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Some analysis from Gary Anderson and his team about where Mercedes is at:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...video/4341455/

Dare I say it, is Mercedes feeling the Allison Effect???
    In my humble opinion, Allison is not what they are making him up to be, he is not a god like Adrian, I think he is too conservative, and he doesnt know how to lead a team I think. He has a lot of excuses. I am sorry, but thats what I think. The car he worked on for us was not that good either.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Dare I say it, is Mercedes feeling the Allison Effect???
    In my humble opinion, Allison is not what they are making him up to be, he is not a god like Adrian, I think he is too conservative, and he doesnt know how to lead a team I think. He has a lot of excuses. I am sorry, but thats what I think. The car he worked on for us was not that good either.
    Easy everyone....still to early to say who got it right/wrong and who is fastest. Merc/Toto and especially Hamilton have a history of downplaying their performance and over-exaggerating ours. It plays nicely into “Hamilton is God-like” and “Mercedes weren’t the favourites/strongest” yet still won - fables. They also have a history of being able to develop quickly. Let’s see how we fair in the second test and ultimately come Q3 in Australia before making any concrete predictions.

Lastly, A part of me still believes that the powers that be still want Merc and Hamilton to make history and take ferrari’s/Schumacher’s records. They need this championship. Let’s hope Ferrari take it to them! I’m looking forward to this season!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I don't believe for one second that Mercedes is behind Ferrari... all I know, is that no one knows where anyone else is at....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I don't believe for one second that Mercedes is behind Ferrari... all I know, is that no one knows where anyone else is at....
    All those hype built around SF90 is nothing but rivals unloading pressure/spotlight off their shoulders. I never buy Toto and Helmut's excuses as if SF90 were far more superior than any teams.

It is the same mind game being played again by rivals throughout years, and I don't see any reason Ferrari falling into the same trap.

Quote Originally Posted by theodorus8864 View Post
    All those hype built around SF90 is nothing but rivals unloading pressure/spotlight off their shoulders. I never buy Toto and Helmut's excuses as if SF90 were far more superior than any teams.

It is the same mind game being played again by rivals throughout years, and I don't see any reason Ferrari falling into the same trap.
    Neither am I; however, Gary said that the pace wasn’t that great after coming in for new tyres in the middle of a race distance run. No fuel was added, then new tyres fitted and yet the pace wasn’t there and nor was the smooth on track performance normally seen in previous years of testing.

But with Mercedes, anything is possible!
    Last edited by From Treviso; 21st February 2019 at 03:08.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Let's be patient and wait till Australia Q3 for real pace!

For sure no one knows which is the performance order,I trully believe that even the teams knows . Even when the championship will start we still don't know how it will end.
    The only thing that I see different this year is that for the 1st time I see so many different people praise our car and the to see it on track performing so well (lap times, reliability, well balanced etc)
    Even so I really try to stay calm because I know that all this can change on a heartbeat!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Nor do I. Toto always likes to paint his team as an underdog.

Four times World Champion Alain Prost watched the cars on the track: ABMS he says: "The Ferrari is like a board and accelerates perfectly out of the corners." The Mercedes is much restless. " Also, and especially in the field of drive Ferrari has apparently made enormous progress. In the paddock, it is agreed: The Ferrari Power Unit is currently the number one. Team principal Mattia Binotto currently grins only when you talk to him and keeps the ball flat with jokes: "We have survived the first few days."
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Renault with Hulk and Prost also believe the Ferrari is the benchmark.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Check out the testing thread on F1 technical. There are race sim time comparisons - and it shows Mercedes clearly ahead. They pretty much start in the 22’s and end in the 19’s. Ferrari is starting in the 23’s and ending in the 21’s.

Keep your feet on the ground. Mercedes are playing games.

2019 Barcelona testing(Circuit de Catalunya)

I remember exactly this time a year ago the press were also commenting that Ferrari was the best car on accelerating when exiting corners. Also a lot of praise for its corner stability. So......I wont say anything till Australia. I am waiting to see Ferrari’s performance on the second half of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Check out the testing thread on F1 technical. There are race sim time comparisons - and it shows Mercedes clearly ahead. They pretty much start in the 22’s and end in the 19’s. Ferrari is starting in the 23’s and ending in the 21’s.

Yeah but we still dont know fuel levels so you cant judge by those times
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post

My bad everyone! They’re 2018 times over there

I can't help but remember last year we won the first 2 races, but then Merc took both titles again.. hoping this year will be different but way too early to say.

Live stream guys, but for some reason there is no comantary for me

https://m.ok.ru/dk?st.cmd=movieLayer...ovies&tkn=346#

I find this amusing. RB are saying they are ahead of the mercs and they are Ferrari's closest challenger. We are saying Mercs are ahead and RB will be close. I personally feel it would be pretty close between Merc and Ferrari and a lot about RB will depend on HONDA.

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6..._rocket_Honda/

hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

did mcleran crash??
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

if Honda produce the goods could this be Max's year?

Quote Originally Posted by Cemz85 View Post
    Live stream guys, but for some reason there is no comantary for me

https://m.ok.ru/dk?st.cmd=movieLayer...ovies&tkn=346#
    https://ok.ru/profile/572104738174

FW looks different

Edit: Running ride hight measuring device

man leclerc very shaky start so far, looks like something broke or fell of the front wing, the final two turns and turn 1 he keeps messing up little bit, might be something they testing

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    FW looks different

Edit: Running ride hight measuring device
    did that fall off? or break off?