Thread: 2019 Barcelona testing(Circuit de Catalunya)

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    it is testing... it's why they are doing runs for. GP Today live feed said that Vettel's car looks very heavy (probably loaded with Fuel) yet still devouring the kerbs like nothing. Smoothest car of the lot.
    Also he is using super softs for his stint and those tyres are not suited for Barcelona track.

it is testing... it's why they are doing runs for. GP Today live feed said that Vettel's car looks very heavy (probably loaded with Fuel) yet still devouring the kerbs like nothing. Smoothest car of the lot.

Attachment 7569
    Good point! Also, isnt this the 1st time they have run this tire?

[QUOTE=WRX202;999734]it is testing... it's why they are doing runs for. GP Today live feed said that Vettel's car looks very heavy (probably loaded with Fuel) yet still devouring the kerbs like nothing. Smoothest car of the lot.

but.. the deg though...each lap was slower slower

as long as we didnt add downgrades like last year, its not too bad, we need to find some new steps forward like what merc were able to do with there updates and fix cooling issues, im sure we could be close in melbourne or bahrain to the front
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

[QUOTE=f412;999737]

but.. the deg though...each lap was slower slower
    eventually in the mid 1:26s yikes , could be the tyre but i dont remember others times that bad tbh
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

[QUOTE=mwk360;999739]
    Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post

eventually in the mid 1:26s yikes , could be the tyre but i dont remember others times that bad tbh
    Well for all we know Ferrari might have a sand supplier too It's not just Mercs and Bulls that can "hide" pace. Still another 3 days of testing ahead. Let's wait and see. The limited runs today indicate that Ferrari's focus was on other things rather than lap times / quantities.

Vettel changes the tires again. Here is the unfortunately not quite complete overview of his last run on the C4 tires: Outlap - 1: 21.7 - 1: 21.6 - 1: 22.5 - 1: 24.5 - 1: 28.5 - 1: 25.1 - 1: 26.0 - 1: 25.9 - 3 rounds without timekeeping - 1: 26.2 - Inlap. A lot of traffic for Vettel.

[QUOTE=WRX202;999740]
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post

Well for all we know Ferrari might have a sand supplier too It's not just Mercs and Bulls that can "hide" pace. Still another 3 days of testing ahead. Let's wait and see. The limited runs today indicate that Ferrari's focus was on other things rather than lap times / quantities.
    lol the quote reply system , but yeah hopefully we ordered more sandbags than anyone ever did before lol

[QUOTE=mwk360;999739]
    Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post

With it being the first time on this tire... You could come to a general conclusion that they are filling up a full tank and putting this tire through its paces till it is no longer usable. That way, they would have an understanding of how it will last on a baseline set up. It surely would not be refined to reduce deg and have excellent times being posted. It will be FINE!

Exactly, probably to see the degradation if they had to start the race with it (hence with full tank of fuel)

So Seb's doing race stint and the timing screen broken. Talk about timing...

either more fuel than usual or slightly turned down engine i think we were few kph down on fastest in sectors

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    either more fuel than usual or slightly turned down engine i think we were few kph down on fastest in sectors
    That's the sand ;)

That's the sand ;)
    new sand formula developed by shell looool

Just an FYI.. I have been here since 15, hardly post but I will attempt to be more active this year! Regular follower of the forum (from the states and have followed F1 since the late 90s... only 26 ys old) off point but, love the insight you all have! Mostly... ;)

Forza Ferrari!

Quote Originally Posted by maxc1 View Post
    Just an FYI.. I have been here since 15, hardly post but I will attempt to be more active this year! Regular follower of the forum (from the states and have followed F1 since the late 90s... only 26 ys old) off point but, love the insight you all have! Mostly... ;)

Forza Ferrari!
    Heya glad to have you joining us in the chats ;) You made the best choice

stroll goes quicker than seb on c4* i think

Norris goes fastest now beating gasly i believe

----

Last edited by mwk360; 26th February 2019 at 15:28.

At least we have more laps then Mercs !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Seb completed 38th lap on his current race stint, too bad we can't see his lap times.

I think that we full up on fuel and we're doing stints on C4s continuasly to simulate every fuel level we will encounter in a race!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Vettel now on C3

Not so many laps today... I was not able to follow todays teat, what's the problem?

I am excited to be in them now! Nice to meet all of you. :)

Ferrari checks the durability of the C4 tire. And check how hard the SF90 handles the Pirellis. Vettel's last run in the overview: Outlap - 1: 20.2 - 1: 21.6 - 1: 22.2 - 1: 23.5 - 1: 24.2 - 1: 24.8 - 1: 25.0 - 1: 24.9 - 1: 25.7 - Inlap.

Norris topping the times = I think everyone else must be coasting

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Not so many laps today... I was not able to follow todays teat, what's the problem?
    ferrari cooling issues for leclerc so morning session got wasted, so seb taking over for the afternoon

Vettel was doing constant 1.24 on C4's

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Charles had problems with the cooling system, so Ferrari spent more than 2 hours checking all the system.

Vettel on his 82nd lap and doing a race stint, but the timing is down so we can't follow his lap times.

Done more than 100 laps. Not bad considering the earlier issues

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Charles had problems with the cooling system, so Ferrari spent more than 2 hours checking all the system.

Vettel on his 82nd lap and doing a race stint, but the timing is down so we can't follow his lap times.
    Gptoday live timing say he is on his 77th??!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!