Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 83344454647484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 1847

Thread: 2019 Barcelona testing(Circuit de Catalunya)

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Thanks. When watching steering wheel, looks like Mercs has more action, Ferrari more stable.
    Both Seb and Charles are happy with the SF90 and we can see why.

any updates on the reliability gremlins we experienced ?

I think it’s better to compare vet 2018 quali lap vs 2019 testing lap. So that we can get better idea of speed, power modes etc

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Don't waste your time with mwk360. Its always Mercedes/Red Bull=Great, Ferrari=bad and Vettel's making all the differences.
    and leclerc dont forget it, we have the two best current drivers on the grid together for ferrari

----

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...tyres/4346769/
    ham says he doesnt like the new tyres as they are too hard... hopefully pirelli dont give in to him & british media and give merc the tyre thats easy for them.

Ham says he drove in testing with way more fuel than bottas so it wasnt a nice feeling, but i guess we can deduce the fastest lap from merc and race sim comparisons might be slight off since ham had more fuel than normal( compared to like bottas runs)

---

btw lol the poster that was making hamilton's dog jokes looool that was closer to reality than i thought
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    and leclerc dont forget it, we have the two best current drivers on the grid together for ferrari

----

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...tyres/4346769/
    ham says he doesnt like the new tyres as they are too hard... hopefully pirelli dont give in to him & british media and give merc the tyre thats easy for them.

Ham says he drove in testing with way more fuel than bottas so it wasnt a nice feeling, but i guess we can deduce the fastest lap from merc and race sim comparisons might be slight off since ham had more fuel than normal( compared to like bottas runs)

---

btw lol the poster that was making hamilton's dog jokes looool that was closer to reality than i thought
    But we compare (as much as we can) with Bot race sim,since Ham didn't do a proper sim
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Yes, Ferrari have the best driver pairing. Would be nice for both of them to spank rapper all the time instead of just Vettel doing it alone in the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Yes, Ferrari have the best driver pairing. Would be nice for both of them to spank rapper all the time instead of just Vettel doing it alone in the past few years.
    lol man, i hope this is the year, every year starts well and falls apart, lmao remember all the rain just ruining session after session for us. i have faith leclerc and seb if the car is good enough will definitely make merc start thinking about having to beat two red cars instead of just working together to beat one.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    But we compare (as much as we can) with Bot race sim,since Ham didn't do a proper sim
    true, thats like my one confident booster on the new car, that long run simulations showed leclerc quicker than bottas,(im never going to fall for the merc bluff though about them being slower than us till i see that gold/silver?lol in our hands).

Maybe we do this year what merc did last year to us.( Hamilton & Bottas working together to stop seb). Binotto settling roles earlier the better will just makes things much easier when working towards the championships
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Alesi: Leclerc to play 'second violin' to Vettel at Ferrari

Former Formula 1 driver Jean Alesi has claimed that he was not surprised when his former team Ferrari announced that*Sebastian Vettel*would be given priority over*Charles Leclerc*in the 2019 F1 season, saying that he always expected the latter to play "second violin" to the German.

Last year, the Scuderia announced that they would be replacing*Kimi Raikkonen*with Leclerc, who impressed in his debut F1 season with Sauber, now Alfa Romeo Racing.

With Vettel expected to be the main challenger for*Lewis Hamilton's title, team boss*Mattia Binotto said that he would be given "priority" over Leclerc in the early stages of the campaign.

That didn't come as a shock to Alesi.

"I have no doubt that Vettel is preferred and Leclerc plays second violin," Alesi told*Radio Sportiva.

"But still, I think it will be very exciting between the two. The plan seems to me that Vettel must be first and Leclerc just second, but who knows. The season is long with 21 races! Vettel has at least everything to grab the title, so let's see what happens in Melbourne."

Alesi looked ahead to the 2019 season, and he fancies Red Bull to make an impact due to their new partnership with Honda, while expressing slight worry over Mercedes' performance in testing.

"The new Red Bull Honda will be very competitive," he said,

"I also think that Renault has achieved some good things with Ricciardo and that Kimi and Antonio can perform well with Alfa Romeo. Of course, Mercedes will also be strong, but Ferrari seems to be a bit stronger than at the beginning of last season,

"Let's not forget that Mercedes actually drove two totally different cars in Barcelona. That is usually not a good sign since the original plan did not deliver what was on paper. Ferrari, on the other hand, built on the fast car and can, therefore, continue to develop quietly."
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    Alesi: Leclerc to play 'second violin' to Vettel at Ferrari

Former Formula 1 driver Jean Alesi has claimed that he was not surprised when his former team Ferrari announced that*Sebastian Vettel*would be given priority over*Charles Leclerc*in the 2019 F1 season, saying that he always expected the latter to play "second violin" to the German.

Last year, the Scuderia announced that they would be replacing*Kimi Raikkonen*with Leclerc, who impressed in his debut F1 season with Sauber, now Alfa Romeo Racing.

With Vettel expected to be the main challenger for*Lewis Hamilton's title, team boss*Mattia Binotto said that he would be given "priority" over Leclerc in the early stages of the campaign.

That didn't come as a shock to Alesi.

"I have no doubt that Vettel is preferred and Leclerc plays second violin," Alesi told*Radio Sportiva.

"But still, I think it will be very exciting between the two. The plan seems to me that Vettel must be first and Leclerc just second, but who knows. The season is long with 21 races! Vettel has at least everything to grab the title, so let's see what happens in Melbourne."

Alesi looked ahead to the 2019 season, and he fancies Red Bull to make an impact due to their new partnership with Honda, while expressing slight worry over Mercedes' performance in testing.

"The new Red Bull Honda will be very competitive," he said,

"I also think that Renault has achieved some good things with Ricciardo and that Kimi and Antonio can perform well with Alfa Romeo. Of course, Mercedes will also be strong, but Ferrari seems to be a bit stronger than at the beginning of last season,

"Let's not forget that Mercedes actually drove two totally different cars in Barcelona. That is usually not a good sign since the original plan did not deliver what was on paper. Ferrari, on the other hand, built on the fast car and can, therefore, continue to develop quietly."

so much for test data doesnt mean much lol

Binotto clarified his remarks about drivers. If Vettel runs away from Leclerc like he did from Kimi by Monaco/Canada then it is fair but if Charles outqualifies Vettel in Australia and leads him then swapping the drivers would be very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    Binotto clarified his remarks about drivers. If Vettel runs away from Leclerc like he did from Kimi by Monaco/Canada then it is fair but if Charles outqualifies Vettel in Australia and leads him then swapping the drivers would be very bad.
    What Binotto means is situations like China 2017, Germany 2018 etc.. Lot of times when Arrivabene tried to play a nice guy role and completely ignored the demands of situation. Vettel lost a lot of seconds stuck behind Kimi in 2017 and 2018. And Binotto knows it, he won't be repeating the mistakes made by Arrivabene. Even in Monza 2018, Seb is much ahead of Kimi in standings and Arrivabene decides to give Kimi a tow.

Seb should have kept in front of Kimi then
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    no really....to me it should be like this; if the car behind is way faster due to fresher tires or just becasuse at that particular time of the race is just faster, then drivers should swap places
    just like ferrari did in Brazil 2018.....kimi was a much faster driver/car and Seb had no say in it and just moved over for him because the other ferrari was the faster car at that moment during the race
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Hamilton now complaining about Pirelli tyres boss of Pirelli Mario isola wants to talk to Lewis about his unhappiness Mario should just stay away and Lewis just get on with it the tears have started and race1 is 2 weeks away he has an all mighty battle on his hands this year both as will not be playing butter and Ferrari have a fast car so any victory Lewis has to fight hard on his own it's going to be on for young and old.

What a lap by Vettel!
    Having said that, appearing to say that he won’t give Mick advice is a tad low budget. Just sayin...

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    What a lap by Vettel!
    Having said that, appearing to say that he won’t give Mick advice is a tad low budget. Just sayin...
    I must have missed that. What did he say?

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Even bottas is ahead of ham couple of times, but still ham won..!!

The butler botas has quit his position I feel he will ignore mercedes orders it's probably his last year at mercedes and he does not give a toss about Lewis other wise botas will go down in history as the butler for Lewis and mercedes I think the Finnish fans expect more from him with self pride on the line .

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I must have missed that. What did he say?
    During the winter break, the 19-year-old also penned a deal with Ferrari to join its Driver Academy.

Schumacher has been tipped for a future F1 seat, but Vettel says that he will not be offering advice to him, as he says he needs to find his feet on his own.

“I won’t give him tips on how to drive. It’s best for him to gain his own experience,” he told Bild. "Besides, I don’t need to tell him how high the expectations are for him. He doesn’t need anyone to tell him that.

“I just hope he gets the time to take the last step to Formula 1 at his own pace and that he doesn’t rush things. I think he’ll manage.”

Vettel also revealed that he recommended Pascal Wehrlein to Ferrari, who has signed as a development driver for the Scuderia: “I didn’t sign his contract,” Vettel laughed.

“But when the topic of sim drivers was brought up, I mentioned his name. I get along nicely with Pascal and he has the potential. I’m sure he’ll help us progress.”

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    The butler botas has quit his position I feel he will ignore mercedes orders it's probably his last year at mercedes and he does not give a toss about Lewis other wise botas will go down in history as the butler for Lewis and mercedes I think the Finnish fans expect more from him with self pride on the line .
    bottas said the similar things last year about making the 2018 year the one he fights for the championship. As long as the only reason he is kept because lewis doesnt want competition, the longer they will keep him, maybe after 2020 when all the contracts are up they might reconsider ocon, Butler Bottas is here to stay unless he can prove to be faster than ham first half of the season, he needs to outqualify hamilton and hope theres a car inbetween so merc can never make the switch

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Even bottas is ahead of ham couple of times, but still ham won..!!
    yup

So hammy says Ferrari are ahead because Ferrari had more development time this came into play according to Hampstead when Ferrari realised the championship was not any longer achievable in 2018 what a load of hot air it's Mercedes who have had the time in hand they were developing hybrid 2 years before any body then wanted it in f1 or they would quit that why they have won 5 times so Mr Hamilton should stop his early season silly statements.
    I think you are mistaking Mercedes for Renault. It was Renault and Volkswagen Audi who pushed for Hybrids or they would leave the sport in the case of Renault. The information is widespread on the internet it’s not hard to find instead of spreading misinformation. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewben..._f1_rules.html

Hamilton now complaining about Pirelli tyres boss of Pirelli Mario isola wants to talk to Lewis about his unhappiness Mario should just stay away and Lewis just get on with it the tears have started and race1 is 2 weeks away he has an all mighty battle on his hands this year both as will not be playing butter and Ferrari have a fast car so any victory Lewis has to fight hard on his own it's going to be on for young and old.
    There is no need to be cocky yet before a wheel has even been turned. The signs look good for Ferrari no doubt but it’s best to humble yourself.

F1 released a video with Seb crashing, you can see the car is having a issue on Left, they car was hanging to the left, it happen when he started to turn

https://www.facebook.com/Formula1/vi...3810644087807/

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    There is no need to be cocky yet before a wheel has even been turned. The signs look good for Ferrari no doubt but it’s best to humble yourself.

Ferrari drops mission winnow from team name.

Hmm I guess it must be something to do with tobacco.
    Red is the only color!!!

Seb got a little cocky after the British GP,how that came back and bitten us on the bottom,it’s proved in the past how quickly things can turn out terrible so we’re best just staying humble until we smash both championships then we can gloat all we like

Quote Originally Posted by trim reaper View Post
    Seb got a little cocky after the British GP,how that came back and bitten us on the bottom,it’s proved in the past how quickly things can turn out terrible so we’re best just staying humble until we smash both championships then we can gloat all we like
    exactly, lol. Until i see both that trophies firmly in our grasp, merc are the favorites to me

exactly, lol. Until i see both that trophies firmly in our grasp, merc are the favorites to me
    I agree.... whatever this hype the media is trying to create,.until Q3 is over I consider mercs to be the favourites. remember last year Q3 in melbourne ?