Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920213257 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Barcelona testing(Circuit de Catalunya)

Everything going good so far. Vettel seems to be committed doing lap after lap. Plenty of mileage.
    Can’t wait for Leclerc tmrw to get into SF90.

This car is beautiful!! I hope it's going to be fast and take both titles... my only wish is that the rear wing would be black and not red....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

I really hope Mclaren is good this year. I want the days of Ferrari vs. Mclaren to return.
    Our strategies better be on point in 2019.

Nice first day, just keep pounding out laps at this point. Our car looks very nice... Ferrari powered cars getting lots of laps... Tomorrow we get to see Charles
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Very impressive (Ferrari)

Best laps and times 2019

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DztF-MKXgAAqTOu.jpg

laps and times 2018 day 1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXnf0n_XUAAT-9h.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Any way to watch the tests outside UK? I don't have access to SkySports in CZ nor F1 TV :/

I use Redbox TV on my Android Box
    Getting many many channels including Sky Sports F1 at no charge
    https://myredboxtv.com/redbox-tv-apk/

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Merc would have wanted to get a lot of mileage on their brand new engine....they just got 30 laps from racing point. Ferrari got the highest milage. I hope for the same tomorrow.

Merc's are "sandbagging".....yet again.....and will continue to do so during testing. Look at the 2019 laps and times vs 2018 laps and times.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Merc's are "sandbagging".....yet again.....and will continue to do so during testing. Look at the 2019 laps and times vs 2018 laps and times.
    What are you on about ?

That’s why don’t believe toto ....!!

Day 1 last year was cold and snowing, nothing to read into times from last year at all.
    Forza Ferrari

So we are not, Most of you doubted Ferrari last year and we did not do bad at all, infact we had the best car, if the team did not mess up with team strategy and Vettel mistake we would have won. Ferrari turned down their engine today and was also sand bagging. for me i see a well ballanced car and I really look forward to a good Ferrari year.

Is it true Vettel set his best lap without DRS?
    Our strategies better be on point in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    So we are not, Most of you doubted Ferrari last year and we did not do bad at all, infact we had the best car, if the team did not mess up with team strategy and Vettel mistake we would have won. Ferrari turned down their engine today and was also sand bagging. for me i see a well ballanced car and I really look forward to a good Ferrari year.
    I've always defended the 2018 car. It was equal to the W09. The drivers are another story.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    That’s why don’t believe toto ....!!
    I believe the opposite of what Toto says; it's worked for me.

Ferrari “very close to perfection” from day one – Vettel
    “I couldn’t have hoped for a better day. Unbelievable”
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Day 1 last year was cold and snowing, nothing to read into times from last year at all.
    that was day 3 (snowing)

agreed; nothing to read into these times

The times are still incomparable. Tyres are completely different and Isola also said the track surface is too.

I have to say it was a great first day of testing for most of the teams. The amount of laps Seb was able to put it was impressive. Most are already quicker that last year at the same time even though the quickest time during pre-season testing in Barcelona in 2018 was a 1:17.182 by Seb during the second testing week. So that's a full second slower and also the weather was much better today than a year ago. I don't think anyone will be near a low 1:17 this year but they might do a high 1:17 later. So this year's cars may not be a 1.5 seconds slower but maybe under one second.

Last year's combined fastest times in Barcelona 2018.
    https://www.crash.net/f1/results/891...mbined-results

Most importanly for Ferrari was obviously running today without any major problems. Looks like the aggressive cooling works straight out of the box. Fingers crossed nothing happens tomorrow and later on.

Yup track temp are diff from today’s testing.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Looks like the aggressive cooling works straight out of the box. Fingers crossed nothing happens tomorrow and later on.
    Hard to say, running in clear air mostly and cooler temps.
    Forza Ferrari

Hard to say, running in clear air mostly and cooler temps.
    Yes, those factors still make it an unknown but at least nothing happened in clean air far away from other cars. That would have been worrying.

Looking forward to tomorrows big lap number from our new star driver .
    Last edited by SilverSpeed; 18th February 2019 at 18:01.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    I really hope Mclaren is good this year. I want the days of Ferrari vs. Mclaren to return.
    I really don't give a damn whom Ferrari is fighting, if you ask me it can be 2004 all over again!

Didn't catch the testing session but the number of laps is impressive. Seb is looking happy with the car. The times aren't conclusive, they never have been in testing, but it's always nice to top the sheets. Mercedes are sandbaging big time as usual and like last year, they are concentrating on a harder tire stint.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with Karun's statement tbh. Fact is Ferrari should've imposed team order as soon as Vettel was behind Raikkonen. But they waited for 10 laps and Vettel was losing time, so yeah...not a good management.

But thankfully we don't have the tobacco guy and "his friend" at Ferrari anymore, all in past now so let's concentrate on the present. And dare I say, it's looking good.
    Yes, Karun made several valid points about the way Seb's season fell apart last year, so let's hope he gets a fresh start in 2019, it is looking promising but it's only testing day 1, can't wait to see how Charles handles the car tomorrow. Alfa and Haas also looking good, what's not to like, except I'd prefer the Mission Winnow branding in white, just to give some contrast to all the black/dark grey bits on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I really don't give a damn whom Ferrari is fighting, if you ask me it can be 2004 all over again!
    Yup, for let's say five seasons in row

Very very good day for Ferrari, quick and reliable, hopefully it is the final step forward to bring the trophy where it deserves to be. Schumacher spent four seasons without a WDC, coming close in 98-99 to his silver rival, but turned the tide in 2000. After so many years without a title it doesn't matter whether Vettel (enemy during RB years) or young and humble Leclerc is in front. A pleasure to read a text commentary and nothing goes wrong. I am worried about Mercedes and RB though. If they are quick and both Ferrari drivers are in the fight then it can turn out a bit like 1983 with Hamilton and Verstappen going for glory in Abu Dhabi with Ferrari winning a constructors' title as a consolation.

I'm sick of this myth that the Ferrari was "the best" car or even "on par" with the Merc.

It's been documented, here on this forum, and elsewhere, that Seb was statistically the best qualifier last year, when it came to getting the fastest possible lap during qualifying by stringing together the 3 fastest sectors of the weekend into one lap. (Leclerc was actually the worst).

So given that, look how many poles the Ferrari got last season.

How many times did it just dominate a weekend?

Do you know how much easier it is to win a race from pole. Especially if you're Seb?

You have clean air, AND you don't have to worry about Crashtappen crashing into you.

Give me a break. It was close, but not near to on par. Give me some qualy performance and wet weather performance this year and we'll have a championship battle on our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    I'm sick of this myth that the Ferrari was "the best" car or even "on par" with the Merc.
    I agree. It is partly based on the fact that many people treat qualifying speed as the only barometer. For most of the season, Ferrari had better engine than Mercedes which gave them extra couple of tenths in qualifying which disappeared in the race. It was an inversion of 2017. Bottas ran Vettel close in Bahrain and China, there is no way Ferrari was faster in the race, they were evenly-matched. Actually it was Mercedes enjoying greater advantages in Australia, Spain, France or Austria. Rain also exposed Ferrari's weakness but we know British media want to show Hamilton as the underdog rather than German carmaker as superior one. It got to the point where the Singapore narrative was that Vettel had quicker car but Hamilton was 1s faster because he drove a mega lap. Notwithstanding the fact, he also pulled away from the German in the race with relative ease. Monza was a second game-changer after Germany, not only Hamilton won while Vettel faltered but Mercedes improved on the engine side and was a match on race pace (and very close in qualifying).

In 2017 Vettel was doing better job than Hamilton until Asian fly-aways. We should remember that Hamilton lost Bahrain due to his mistakes (forgot to activate DRS in qualifying then blocked Ricciardo in pit-lane) and underperformed in Russia, Monaco, Austria and Hungary. They were evenly matched with Bottas, while Vettel was also on top of his game, the only mistake being Baku brain fade. He recovered brillianly in China and Canada, showed a masterclass in Bahrain and unstoppable pace in Monaco.