Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021223358 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Barcelona testing(Circuit de Catalunya)

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudiuCojo View Post
    Autobild

We will see @ Melbourne Q3

Imagine if that were true! Would be the best thing ever! Imagine Ham’s face!!!

Would be worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Autobild
    Well... I put that link here more like a joke, not meant to be taken seriously LOL
    I tough it was obvious :))) it's quite clear that it's impossible to tell at this stage, and with such accuracy, which car is faster and by what margin.
    At the end of the testing period, maybe we get a better view but certainly not after day1 ;)

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Imagine if that were true! Would be the best thing ever! Imagine Ham’s face!!!

Would be worth watching.
    Imagine if he has ends up behing a Haas and Alfa? He may drive his Pagani off a cliff in Monaco. LOL

Based on what? No one knows fuel loads, setups etc. It's all speculation. So far we can be happy that the tests have been good and laps were smooth. Seb has done loads of aero tests with different sensors today so it was not much about lap times but rather checking how everything reacts to changes in setup, motor reliability, suspension and tyre combination etc. The fact he didn't even bother using DRS is quite an indication. For sure the mood is high in the Ferrari box and that's a big plus.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Deja vu 2018 lol...

Melbourne we'll see guys now it's just testing.

And Toto is baggin' sand AGAIN!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Autobild
    I read somewear today that someone from Ferrari told G. Anderson that the car is faster than the simulator predicted.... Not good if true

This would be great if it is true. I simply cannot believe at this!

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    I read somewear today that someone from Ferrari told G. Anderson that the car is faster than the simulator predicted.... Not good if true
    why is it NOT good to have a faster car then the simulator prediction??
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    This would be great if it is true. I simply cannot believe at this!
    yeah, me neither....as of right now, i'm cautiously optimistic that we have a decent car out of the box, which always helps.....but to believe someone that wrote that possibly we're half a second faster then the Merc.....no way i believe that and no way they would know such a thing.....the only variable we know is what TIRES we used....that's it...no one knows the fuel load, setup, engine modes....NADA

we'll know for sure where where we stand come Q3 in OZ
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Vettel and the new FERRARI SF90! F1 testing 2019

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    why is it NOT good to have a faster car then the simulator prediction??
    It means that we have correlation issues again

Not really, simulator can't simulate reality....many things that work on sim don't work on the race track.
    Forza Ferrari

If it makes the car faster rather then slower, it's not a bad thing

Anyone able to copy and paste this article?

Thanks

https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature...art-in-testing

nah, i wouldn't worry about it or lose sleep over it....end of the day, Seb was pretty happy wiht how the car drove and behaved....

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    If it makes the car faster rather then slower, it's not a bad thing
    my point EXACTLY.....

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    I agree. It is partly based on the fact that many people treat qualifying speed as the only barometer. For most of the season, Ferrari had better engine than Mercedes which gave them extra couple of tenths in qualifying which disappeared in the race. It was an inversion of 2017. Bottas ran Vettel close in Bahrain and China, there is no way Ferrari was faster in the race, they were evenly-matched. Actually it was Mercedes enjoying greater advantages in Australia, Spain, France or Austria. Rain also exposed Ferrari's weakness but we know British media want to show Hamilton as the underdog rather than German carmaker as superior one. It got to the point where the Singapore narrative was that Vettel had quicker car but Hamilton was 1s faster because he drove a mega lap. Notwithstanding the fact, he also pulled away from the German in the race with relative ease. Monza was a second game-changer after Germany, not only Hamilton won while Vettel faltered but Mercedes improved on the engine side and was a match on race pace (and very close in qualifying).

In 2017 Vettel was doing better job than Hamilton until Asian fly-aways. We should remember that Hamilton lost Bahrain due to his mistakes (forgot to activate DRS in qualifying then blocked Ricciardo in pit-lane) and underperformed in Russia, Monaco, Austria and Hungary. They were evenly matched with Bottas, while Vettel was also on top of his game, the only mistake being Baku brain fade. He recovered brillianly in China and Canada, showed a masterclass in Bahrain and unstoppable pace in Monaco.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    I'm sick of this myth that the Ferrari was "the best" car or even "on par" with the Merc.

It's been documented, here on this forum, and elsewhere, that Seb was statistically the best qualifier last year, when it came to getting the fastest possible lap during qualifying by stringing together the 3 fastest sectors of the weekend into one lap. (Leclerc was actually the worst).

So given that, look how many poles the Ferrari got last season.

How many times did it just dominate a weekend?

Do you know how much easier it is to win a race from pole. Especially if you're Seb?

You have clean air, AND you don't have to worry about Crashtappen crashing into you.

Give me a break. It was close, but not near to on par. Give me some qualy performance and wet weather performance this year and we'll have a championship battle on our hands.
    lets hope we have improved in all areas this year but def agree with you both
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Mercs sandbagging more than anyone else is a usual thing for them, plus mercs & seb mostly focused on data and long runs today, Mercs were said to look like they had tons of fuel as they did long stints on track maybe tomorrow leclerc will try some hot laps and we get better idea
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

hope we get more links tomorrow really enjoyed it before the channels kept getting shut lol

Distance covered BY TEAMS during 1st day of testing in Barcelona:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DztyWS8X4AIvF6S.png

And by engine manufacturers:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dztzn_oWsAYevXK.png
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Don't want to get any hopes up but it's always a good sign if Seb seemed very happy with the testing this early on.

Really excited to see Charles on the track and see what he can produce, think he's going to be a dark horse this season tbh.

Article by Gary Anderson, sounds like he is praising Ferrari, but don’t have access to read the whole article:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature...art-in-testing

Yes we are quickest again, like many times last year and the year before too.
    But im more looking at drivers reaction. I remember seb saying during testing they still have work to do, even says it after his win in Australia. So it’s positive what he is saying after yesterday’s test. Good signs.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    hope we get more links tomorrow really enjoyed it before the channels kept getting shut lol
    Hey mate, I offered some thoughts on this earlier in this thread. But I thought that I'd place some more detail here, on what I've seen work well in the useful links thread.

It's a more permanent solution - as opposed to the "link-hunt" and "killed-link" problems.

Anyway, hope it helps - cheers all

Quote Originally Posted by enjaybel3 View Post
    Hey mate, I offered some thoughts on this earlier in this thread. But I thought that I'd place some more detail here, on what I've seen work well in the useful links thread.

It's a more permanent solution - as opposed to the "link-hunt" and "killed-link" problems.

Good one ....!!

Quote Originally Posted by enjaybel3 View Post

will give it a shot, thank you very much

Hi, I actually saw this video this morning my time Oz where Gary actually said that: from about 5:50 onwards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHT3v0GRaIU

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    Hi, I actually saw this video this morning my time Oz where Gary actually said that: from about 5:50 onwards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHT3v0GRaIU
    thats it, tnx mate