Page 38 of 62 FirstFirst ... 132425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1847

Thread: 2019 Barcelona testing(Circuit de Catalunya)

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    And break our rivals heart? Nah..Melbourne is the best place for that.
    haha
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Also according to AMUS, Mercedes abandoned Hamilton's race sim (which was rather slow and had horrible tyre wear) because they have cooling issue.

2nd test started on a worst note....!!

It's not how start but how you finish.

Amazing job by the Ferrari guys to rebuild that car and get it out, even though they didn't have time to run. Hope for a better day tomorrow to catch up with their programme.

Yes, it's not ideal but Ferrari still managed 151 laps, so not the end of the world either.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    agreed. 2019 could be the year for a 3 way fight......FINALLY!!!!!.....Tired of the silver arrows winning. IF Ferrari does'nt win it, then my 2nd team would be RedBull to take it to the 3 star behemoth.....as some if not most on this forum would.
    I'd prefer it to be Alfa challenging for podiums, frankly! No RB or Merc on the podium would be nice, and I'd like Max to really scare HAM, just not at our expense!! Bad day at the office for the team today, hope we can make up for it over the next two days.

Guys, I was so depressed after the accident. If you guys felt the same?
    After, I was thinking, its better to have a bad day now, than to have a bad day during the season.
    Also, I was thinking, last two seasons, we had perfect testing, and horrible seasons, (not winning the WDC/WCC is horrible). So, now, if we had horrible testing, but perfect testing, it would be good, no?

May be a noob question but why can't we get more that 1 car for testing..is that regulated?? Or its the cost factor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember - You just have the feeling that some years you have done a good job and others when you feel there was something missing or something you wanted to change or want to improve for next year

Ferrari decided to have both drivers do a complete day each at the wheel on Thursday & Friday. Leclerc will drive tomorrow before handing over to Vettel for the final day. #AMuS
    Leclerc Thursday & seb friday(final day testing)
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by tohellandback View Post
    May be a noob question but why can't we get more that 1 car for testing..is that regulated?? Or its the cost factor

i believe its both, look at williams and Racing point, can barely get one car with real parts to the test,

Racing point cant afford testing there new parts because they will not beable to run if any incident occurs at melbourne,

Mercedes will bring there whole base to the test to get there two cars decked out in aero packages while other teams and small teams will suffer from that in gathering data and making use of time as best as you can

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Guys, I was so depressed after the accident. If you guys felt the same?
    After, I was thinking, its better to have a bad day now, than to have a bad day during the season.
    Also, I was thinking, last two seasons, we had perfect testing, and horrible seasons, (not winning the WDC/WCC is horrible). So, now, if we had horrible testing, but perfect testing, it would be good, no?
    im feeling kinda depressed still lol hopefully something nice happens during tests next two days

Que in season tyre or regulation change to make sure Merc doesn't have graining issues. LOL
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Not a very productive day

Montmelō, 27 February 2019 – The second day of test 2 at the Barcelona-Catalunya Circuit, in preparation for the start of the Formula 1 season, was not particularly productive for Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow. The plan was for Sebastian Vettel to drive the SF90 in the morning and for Charles Leclerc to take over in the afternoon. However, an off-track caused by a mechanical problem just before midday, meant that no more running was substantially possible today.

Driver unhurt. Sebastian Vettel went out on track shortly after 9am and was trying the car in different configurations. Halfway through the morning, a mechanical problem with the front left corner on the SF90 saw Sebastian go off the track at Turn 3. The driver was unhurt but went to the medical centre for the usual checks. Up to that point, Sebastian had completed 40 laps, with a best time of 1’18”195.

Meticolous check. Once back in the garage, the team set about a meticulous check of the car to establish the cause of the crash. The analysis is still on course. Meanwhile the SF90 was repaired in time for Charles Leclerc to get out in the afternoon for an installation lap.

Still a positive feeling. “Clearly, we have not done as much running as we would have liked”, Sebastian told the press during the lunch break. “But I’d still say I’m getting a positive feeling from the car. Last week was definitely productive as we completed a lot of mileage and also yesterday, we were able to make up for the track time lost in the morning”. “As for the accident,” continued the German, “I was going into Turn 3 and I had a feeling there was an issue with the front left corner of the car and from then on, there was nothing I could do to avoid the impact. The good thing is I am totally fine and, by the end of the day, thanks to a great job from the mechanics, we even managed to get the car back on track.”

Charles in. Testing continues until the end of Friday and the team has decided to have its drivers do a complete day each at the wheel, so that the work can progress in a more linear fashion. Charles will drive tomorrow, before handing over to Sebastian for the final day.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Ferrari: Vettel's crash due to a problem with the construction of the front suspension

The bad exit of Sebastian track at Curve 3 could be due to a defect in gluing the skins of a suspension arm. The SF90 has been rebuilt, and after the clean-up of the parts, it is back on track with Leclerc that tomorrow will drive all day.

Seeing Sebastian Vettel's Ferrari crashing into the barriers of the dreaded Curva 3 in Barcelona, ​​he immediately recalled the incident that saw Michael Schumacher in the Silverstone circuit in 1999, when the German champion fractured tibia and fibula of his right leg after finishing straight to Stowe for the non-tightening of a bleeding screw in the braking circuit.

Since that crash, which probably cost the first title with Ferrari since seven times world champion, twenty years have passed and the F1 has since made incredible steps forward in terms of safety: Vettel today came out unharmed by the bang and the The body of the SF90 was not damaged, so much so that Charles Leclerc managed to run an installation lap eight minutes before the checkered flag put an end to the second day of testing at Montmelō, the last session before the Australian GP.

Active and passive safety systems have done their part, but the crash against the barriers has been violent, although the signs of braking in the escape route indicate that Sebastian has tried in every way to reduce the speed of impact in a curve where it proceeds in full at over 270 km / h, with a lateral force of 5.5g.

If in the case of Michael Schumacher it was a human error, for the accident of Sebastian Vettel we must speak of a mechanical failure, immediately admitted by the communication of the team of the Cavallino.

"I was approaching Turn 3 - explained Vettel - and I suddenly had the feeling of a problem at the front left side, and from that moment I became a passenger, there was nothing I could do to avoid the impact. We are trying to understand, of course we have an idea, but it would have been easier to get to the origin of the problem if there had not been a collision, because the analysis is complicated by the very damaged car. Fortunately I did not do anything and at the end of the day, thanks to the great work of the mechanics, we even managed to put the car back on track. "

The impact occurred at over 20 g, that is to say a force that turns on the blue light of the FIA ​​sensor mounted in the passenger compartment that signals to the rescuers that the pilot must be transferred to the Medical Center even if he leaves the cockpit with his means. Seb, after the appropriate checks, returned in perfect shape to Ferrari hospitality before allowing himself to journalists.

Meanwhile, the Cavallino technicians, on track as in Maranello, have been looking for the cause that led to the Ferrari track exit # 5. From the data of the telemetry it must not have been difficult to identify that to yield was a detail of the left front suspension. More complicated was understanding why an arm broke, bearing in mind that all the elements mounted on the Rossa are subjected to long approval cycles.

It is likely that there was a problem of construction, perhaps in a phase of bonding of carbon skins: the engineers of the Scuderia, therefore, had to clean up all the arms in order not to meet other surprises and, after having carried out the necessary checks , they were able to put Charles Leclerc back on track in full safety.

Sebastian's bang has complicated the work plans of Ferrari: Vettel beat at 11.11 when he had covered 48 laps. To that loot of (few) kilometers was added the lap of Leclerc at the end of the day. Too little in comparison with the Mercedes that has added a quadruple distance with Lewis Hamilton (102 laps) and Valtter Bottas (74 laps) for a total of 176 laps equal to 2.66 GP.

If in the first Catalan session the Red had rivaled with the silver arrow in terms of kilometers, in this second round she was forced to succumb because yesterday Charles Leclerc saw the work of the morning vanish for a loss of water from the plant engine cooling.

The tests are just to bring out the problems of youth of a car that seems well born: Ferrari has so far turned with the C3 tires, and did just a taste with the red C4 without looking for performance because the Red has never turned with the empty tank.

If the Mercedes hides, continuing the usual approach to the world of recent years, the Scuderia remains cautious, aware of the potential of the SF90, leaving McLaren and Racing Point to climb the lead time table with Vettel third, capable of 1 '18 "195 with the yellow before the bang, while Sainz and Perez have resorted to the red C4 tires.

Behind the Rossa diligently, the customers, Alfa Romeo and Haas, were able to stand both in front of Red Bull of Max Verstappen (who had trouble with the gearbox), a sign that the 064 power unit knows its stuff.

Mattia Binotto will make the spells: there are only two days of testing before sending the material to Melbourne. Ferrari needs to finish the tests by being able to deepen the knowledge of the SF90 with new work plans. Charles Leclerc will drive all day tomorrow, while Sebastian Vettel will close on Friday.

https://translate.google.com/transla...2/&prev=search

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ferrari: Vettel's crash due to a problem with the construction of the front suspension

The bad exit of Sebastian track at Curve 3 could be due to a defect in gluing the skins of a suspension arm. The SF90 has been rebuilt, and after the clean-up of the parts, it is back on track with Leclerc that tomorrow will drive all day.

Seeing Sebastian Vettel's Ferrari crashing into the barriers of the dreaded Curva 3 in Barcelona, ​​he immediately recalled the incident that saw Michael Schumacher in the Silverstone circuit in 1999, when the German champion fractured tibia and fibula of his right leg after finishing straight to Stowe for the non-tightening of a bleeding screw in the braking circuit.

Since that crash, which probably cost the first title with Ferrari since seven times world champion, twenty years have passed and the F1 has since made incredible steps forward in terms of safety: Vettel today came out unharmed by the bang and the The body of the SF90 was not damaged, so much so that Charles Leclerc managed to run an installation lap eight minutes before the checkered flag put an end to the second day of testing at Montmelō, the last session before the Australian GP.

Active and passive safety systems have done their part, but the crash against the barriers has been violent, although the signs of braking in the escape route indicate that Sebastian has tried in every way to reduce the speed of impact in a curve where it proceeds in full at over 270 km / h, with a lateral force of 5.5g.

If in the case of Michael Schumacher it was a human error, for the accident of Sebastian Vettel we must speak of a mechanical failure, immediately admitted by the communication of the team of the Cavallino.

"I was approaching Turn 3 - explained Vettel - and I suddenly had the feeling of a problem at the front left side, and from that moment I became a passenger, there was nothing I could do to avoid the impact. We are trying to understand, of course we have an idea, but it would have been easier to get to the origin of the problem if there had not been a collision, because the analysis is complicated by the very damaged car. Fortunately I did not do anything and at the end of the day, thanks to the great work of the mechanics, we even managed to put the car back on track. "

The impact occurred at over 20 g, that is to say a force that turns on the blue light of the FIA ​​sensor mounted in the passenger compartment that signals to the rescuers that the pilot must be transferred to the Medical Center even if he leaves the cockpit with his means. Seb, after the appropriate checks, returned in perfect shape to Ferrari hospitality before allowing himself to journalists.

Meanwhile, the Cavallino technicians, on track as in Maranello, have been looking for the cause that led to the Ferrari track exit # 5. From the data of the telemetry it must not have been difficult to identify that to yield was a detail of the left front suspension. More complicated was understanding why an arm broke, bearing in mind that all the elements mounted on the Rossa are subjected to long approval cycles.

It is likely that there was a problem of construction, perhaps in a phase of bonding of carbon skins: the engineers of the Scuderia, therefore, had to clean up all the arms in order not to meet other surprises and, after having carried out the necessary checks , they were able to put Charles Leclerc back on track in full safety.

Sebastian's bang has complicated the work plans of Ferrari: Vettel beat at 11.11 when he had covered 48 laps. To that loot of (few) kilometers was added the lap of Leclerc at the end of the day. Too little in comparison with the Mercedes that has added a quadruple distance with Lewis Hamilton (102 laps) and Valtter Bottas (74 laps) for a total of 176 laps equal to 2.66 GP.

If in the first Catalan session the Red had rivaled with the silver arrow in terms of kilometers, in this second round she was forced to succumb because yesterday Charles Leclerc saw the work of the morning vanish for a loss of water from the plant engine cooling.

The tests are just to bring out the problems of youth of a car that seems well born: Ferrari has so far turned with the C3 tires, and did just a taste with the red C4 without looking for performance because the Red has never turned with the empty tank.

If the Mercedes hides, continuing the usual approach to the world of recent years, the Scuderia remains cautious, aware of the potential of the SF90, leaving McLaren and Racing Point to climb the lead time table with Vettel third, capable of 1 '18 "195 with the yellow before the bang, while Sainz and Perez have resorted to the red C4 tires.

Behind the Rossa diligently, the customers, Alfa Romeo and Haas, were able to stand both in front of Red Bull of Max Verstappen (who had trouble with the gearbox), a sign that the 064 power unit knows its stuff.

Mattia Binotto will make the spells: there are only two days of testing before sending the material to Melbourne. Ferrari needs to finish the tests by being able to deepen the knowledge of the SF90 with new work plans. Charles Leclerc will drive all day tomorrow, while Sebastian Vettel will close on Friday.

https://translate.google.com/transla...2/&prev=search
    Nice all info , disappointed that it seems quality assurance is still an issue, lets hope this never repeats again this season

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Nice all info , disappointed that it seems quality assurance is still an issue, lets hope this never repeats again this season
    Good to see your not over reacting to every single thing......
    Forza Ferrari

Test 2 day 6 total lap count and mileage

MERC: 876 laps = 4077.78km
    FERi: 749 = 3486.595
    RBR: 739 = 3440.045
    REN: 720 = 3351,6
    Racing Point: 418 = 1945.79
    McLaren: 655 = 3049.025
    Alfa Romeo: 719 = 3346.945
    Toro Rosso: 686 = 3193.33
    Haas: 598 = 2783.69
    Williams: 337 = 1568.735

Total lap count and mileage by MANUFACTURER

Ferrari: 2067 laps = 9611.55km
    Mercedes: 1604 laps =7466.62km
    Honda: 1425 laps = 6633.375km
    Renault: 1375 laps = 6400.625

Test 2 day 6 drivers lap count, times & compound

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0baSG1X0AEBwAa.jpg

Teams mileage on day 6 only

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0bnsP5XcAAlD0m.png

Engine Manufacturers on day 6 only

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0cLFYwV4AAIPdT.png

i believe its both, look at williams and Racing point, can barely get one car with real parts to the test,

Racing point cant afford testing there new parts because they will not beable to run if any incident occurs at melbourne,

Mercedes will bring there whole base to the test to get there two cars decked out in aero packages while other teams and small teams will suffer from that in gathering data and making use of time as best as you can
    Thanks - Make Sense
    Remember - You just have the feeling that some years you have done a good job and others when you feel there was something missing or something you wanted to change or want to improve for next year

not a noob question

huh???

Thanks - Make Sense
    Ferrari: One car with 2 drivers and 2 teams. Reason: 1) It's all about reliability during testing so using the same components over and over again until something breaks 2.) If it breaks, in this case an A-arm, both teams can work together (as we have seen in the past during FP3 into qualifying) and fix the problem....IN 2HRS time or less. 3.) If the allocation allotment components break (allowed 3 per season for some 2 for others BUUUUUT during ANY KIND OF TESTING whether in Barcelona or Pirelli testing then anyone can change any of those allocation allotment components to their hearts content)....again both crews working together harmoniously to fix the problem in 2hrs or less.

You are aware of the allocation allotment components (PU, TC, ICE, MGU-K, MGU-H, ES, CE) and how it works???
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 27th February 2019 at 22:44.

Ferrari is doing just fine they are focused on there own backyard it's all good.

I like to think this little hiccup today that no one seemed to understand might be something clever Ferrari are attempting to do and hide.... wishful thinking possibly... time will tell I guess...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Rumor ferrari will try one or two new bits & pieces today, having missed time past two days, its crucial to get running asap

legend in red colors rightfully

ferrari only team not running yet i think

ferrari only team not running yet i think
    Better check before running again.... yesterday they only did one installation lap.