Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 934454647484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 1847

Thread: 2019 Barcelona testing(Circuit de Catalunya)

Take a look at these two:
    https://www.grandprix247.com/2017/02...ne-since-2007/
    and
    https://www.grandprix247.com/2015/04...-v6-turbo-era/

I know you need to take Bernie's comments with a pinch of salt but Montezemolo said that he made a mistake in agreeing the rules back at the start of the new hybrid era because Merc were already working on the technology two years before anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    I agree.... whatever this hype the media is trying to create,.until Q3 is over I consider mercs to be the favourites. remember last year Q3 in melbourne ?
    Forget Merc, if not Ferrari it's gonna be Max in his ok car.

I agree.... whatever this hype the media is trying to create,.until Q3 is over I consider mercs to be the favourites. remember last year Q3 in melbourne ?
    yes!! merc 1s+ plus slower in testing , (0.6/0.7s) ahead last year in melbourne. Binotto is playing down this hype movement on ferrari being the favorites and its theres to lose thing the media is spinning. He said straight you are wrong if you think we are faster than mercedes which is exactly what he has to do.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Forget Merc, if not Ferrari it's gonna be Max in his ok car.
    yep, Max is the dark horse that could spoil the Merc vs Ferrari party.

As long as Max doesn't tangle with Seb, he is more than welcome at the front.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Seb hits more people than Max these days though
    Forza Ferrari

hehe the guy sees red he goes straight for it, is a bull car
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Dhont View Post
    i should be apologizing for the joke tbh hehehe

That's why Ferrari went for the matte finish which gives an orangish look so they can trick Verstappen into thinking that it's a McLaren out there.

yes!! merc 1s+ plus slower in testing , (0.6/0.7s) ahead last year in melbourne. Binotto is playing down this hype movement on ferrari being the favorites and its theres to lose thing the media is spinning. He said straight you are wrong if you think we are faster than mercedes which is exactly what he has to do.
    Wasn't the case in race sims last winter. Mercs were always better in the long runs in last year's testing unlike this year. Binotto is playing it smart while knowing Ferrari have a great baseline to start with. Thats all he and the rest of Ferrari needed to know from testing.

Quote Originally Posted by icedeepan View Post
    Wasn't the case in race sims last winter. Mercs were always better in the long runs in last year's testing unlike this year. Binotto is playing it smart while knowing Ferrari have a great baseline to start with. Thats all he and the rest of Ferrari needed to know from testing.
    Binotto is simply saying the truth. Merc sandbags heavily in testing and even if Ferrari is ahead, it doesn't mean anything. Last year in the middle of season, every single race weekend, there was rain which costed Ferrari huge points. As Seb says very often - what does matter is how you end up in Abu Dhabi.

Forget sand bagging mercedes have work to do expect the unexpected race 1 in Australia.

Binotto is simply saying the truth. Merc sandbags heavily in testing and even if Ferrari is ahead, it doesn't mean anything. Last year in the middle of season, every single race weekend, there was rain which costed Ferrari huge points. As Seb says very often - what does matter is how you end up in Abu Dhabi.
    Yeah these days it’s not about fastest car in dry, should be good in changing conditions too. There are lot variables which will decide championships apart from fastest car. But u need a little bit of luck too at some point.
    Ham had that in 2018.

Testing means nothing yes. All i'm saying is that Ferrari know what they need to know about their own car and Binotto knows he has a good baseline. Neither Ferrari or Mercedes are aware of what each other can do full whack.

Good analysis

https://thejudge13.com/2019/03/06/wh...-laps-of-data/

If Red Bull are close to Mercs in race pace hopefully Max and Gasly can take plints from them while Ferrari build a nice cushion

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Good analysis

https://thejudge13.com/2019/03/06/wh...-laps-of-data/

If Red Bull are close to Mercs in race pace hopefully Max and Gasly can take plints from them while Ferrari build a nice cushion
    And I'll go as far as wish that if Ferrari can't challenge Mercedes then I hope Max can keep LH busy and give him a real challenge. I'd hate to see yet another easy title handed to Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    And I'll go as far as wish that if Ferrari can't challenge Mercedes then I hope Max can keep LH busy and give him a real challenge. I'd hate to see yet another easy title handed to Lewis.
    I think this year is going to be exciting because Leclerc is also there, would be great if Seb and Charles can lock up the front row in Melbourne then we may see a repeat of Barcelona 2016 when Hamilton destroyed things in his room or Germany 2018 qualifying where he was crying beside his car. Ideal scenario would be Charles and Seb fighting each other and Hamilton left to deal with Verstappen.

M
    I think this year is going to be exciting because Leclerc is also there, would be great if Seb and Charles can lock up the front row in Melbourne then we may see a repeat of Barcelona 2016 when Hamilton destroyed things in his room or Germany 2018 qualifying where he was crying beside his car. Ideal scenario would be Charles and Seb fighting each other and Hamilton left to deal with Verstappen.
    Yeah that would be a dream come true for ALL of us Ferrari fans.....can we imagine Hamster dooking it out with Max for the third spot on the podium regularly this season, while our boys fighting each other for wins......priceless
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Ferrari vs Mercedes 2019 fastest laps...

Merc gains in all slow corners just like last year (tracks Melbourne & singapore / sector 3 in Barcelona etc will give them advantage) they'v got a car that still has plenty of DF

Vettel Vs HAMILTON Test 2019: @ScuderiaFerrari SF90 to the top in the fastest as C3, C7 and C9, @MercedesAMGF1 W10 more competitive in the slow as C10, C12, C14 and C15. Big handsome pops #TechF1 #F1

https://streamable.com/62888
    Ham fights the car little more than seb, big gains in s3 but Seb and ferrari look more calm and poised on that lap, 0.003s difference after all the hype and stories being created for headlines

*forgot this pic

Last edited by mwk360; 6th March 2019 at 18:54. Reason: *forgot this pic

Merc gains in all slow corners just like last year (tracks Melbourne & singapore / sector 3 in Barcelona etc will give them advantage) they'v got a car that still has plenty of DF

Ham fights the car little more than seb, big gains in s3 but Seb and ferrari look more calm and poised on that lap, 0.003s difference after all the hype and stories being created for headlines
    Yeah lets prepare for doom

NOT just doom.....doom and gloom....that's it, we're done.....SEASON OVER FOR US......lol
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

calm & poised are positive words

calm & poised are positive words
    I know positivity isn't your thing but man you are seriously hyping up the mercs all the time. We need to stay humble but the constant Merc will blow us away in quali, sandbagging type stuff is seriously sapping.

I know positivity isn't your thing but man you are seriously hyping up the mercs all the time. We need to stay humble but the constant Merc will blow us away in quali, sandbagging type stuff is seriously sapping.
    my bad, but yeah i think its going to be pretty close on tracks like bahrain and china and similar im pretty positive we'l have good chances!

my bad, but yeah i think its going to be pretty close on tracks like bahrain and china and similar im pretty positive we'l have good chances!
    We'll be up there mate . Stay positive.

We'll be up there mate . Stay positive.

seeing that seb lap soothes me lool

*forgot this pic

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0_0DUSWwAAEDaj.jpg
    1st ,S3 has nothing to do with DC rather than mechanical grip.Fast corners has to do with df.
    2nd it's not a proper indication of a cars general performance for "short "slow" tracks. Greater example Spanish gp 2107 . Ham was 0,5s!!! Faster in S3.And in Monaco-Hungary-Singapure, nowhere!!!!!
    And we still dont know if it is the actual performance picrure (in S3) as I recall you dont accept that we saw the actual performnce differences in these tests.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Okay, we've seen the vid. But how about the sound now added.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g92LSoXF3Hg
    It's not how start but how you finish.