Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10354647484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 1847

Thread: 2019 Barcelona testing(Circuit de Catalunya)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Ferrari vs Mercedes 2019 fastest laps...

Merc gains in all slow corners just like last year (tracks Melbourne & singapore / sector 3 in Barcelona etc will give them advantage) they'v got a car that still has plenty of DF

Ham fights the car little more than seb, big gains in s3 but Seb and ferrari look more calm and poised on that lap, 0.003s difference after all the hype and stories being created for headlines

*forgot this pic

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0_0DUSWwAAEDaj.jpg
    Yeah that's just bad. Last year, Ferrari was nowhere in slow corners, looks like it will be the same case this year as well until Binotto releases major aerodynamic upgrade. Based on what people have seen from trackside and based on data and driver's feedback, Mercedes is in a class of its own in slow corners - Monaco, Hungary and especially Singapore will be too easy for them. Things have completely changed in 3 years - in 2015 - Ferrari liked slow corners but couldn't do anything on other tracks, now Ferrari can fight on fast flowing tracks but can't compete on slow tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Yeah that's just bad. Last year, Ferrari was nowhere in slow corners, looks like it will be the same case this year as well until Binotto releases major aerodynamic upgrade. Based on what people have seen from trackside and based on data and driver's feedback, Mercedes is in a class of its own in slow corners - Monaco, Hungary and especially Singapore will be too easy for them. Things have completely changed in 3 years - in 2015 - Ferrari liked slow corners but couldn't do anything on other tracks, now Ferrari can fight on fast flowing tracks but can't compete on slow tracks.
    true, but i think its greater to be better at fast flowing corners and longer straights than how it was it in 2017 where we only had a chance in tracks like singapore/monaco/hungary etc lol now we have a bit broader window , hopefully Binotto can build on our baseline with upgrades this year instead of downgrades like last year and try to claw back performance in areas where mercedes excel like high DF/mechanical grip/slow corners .

being even stevens with merc on traditional kind track seen in testing, its going to come down to development gains from the get go, we dont know how much either team had left in the sandbag reserves but seeing its traditionally mercedes that sandbag more i think its better to hope that we have a competitive car for 1st rather than buy into the hyped up stories media is writing
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Yet we beat Merc last year at Moncao, would have in Hungary if it never rained...so again your talking a bit of rubbish. And if you think its a bad thing we are not only good at 3 tracks a season then LOL.
    Forza Ferrari

People of the forum, last year was a dedicated championship to MB. We gave up and let it happened. It was a hidden talk with MaFia, MB & Ferrarri. This is the reason we do not have Arrivabene this year. He looked strong but was soft with our competitors. This year will be our year!

Hamilton is warning every body the only one he has missed is the gelato vendor in Melbourne every body else is on notice by golly he has started very early this year it's all fear viva Ferrari.

https://old.reddit.com/r/formula1/co..._of_vettel_vs/

at some point Vet had 0.4s gap, wich he lost mostly in the last part of the track

Let me say it again.S3 in Barcelona dont reflect all "short/ twisted " circuits!! Biggest example 2017.In quality at Spanish gp Ham was 0,5s!!! faster then Seb in S3 and everybody where saying that we will lose badly in Monaco /Hangary/ Singapore etc.And happend in reality???!! We where much faster then them!!!! So 0 conclusions from this particular sector!!
    And on the other hand, IF they actual have better traction,we will be better in any other circuits ,if you are taking for granted that THAT is the actual performance difference between us and them !!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Guys, you guys are talking about we lost the championship. I have seen the two videos together, about the 2019 cars. Hamilton was ahead at the end of the straight. Then, all through the fast corners, Ferrari gained. Even in some of the slower corners Ferrari gained. On the straights they didnt gain or lost a bit. Only into the last chicane did Vettel loose. Vettel had about 1 car length, maybe more on hamilton on that lap. So, Vettel lifted off into the chicane, you can hear from the engine, he was lifting off little early. Then he put the power down on to the straights. We have a good car. I can tell you, Vettel lost time on the straight, so Hamilton had his engine on a higher mode than us or they have a huge power advantage than even on a lower engine mode, they can pull away.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Hamilton is warning every body the only one he has missed is the gelato vendor in Melbourne every body else is on notice by golly he has started very early this year it's all fear viva Ferrari.
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...-edge/4348110/

Yup, he is going out of the way to play the underdogs, pathetic...

saw some comments saying this will make ferrari complacent and overconfident and as we've seen what happens with the development race....

Binotto must block all this out and make sure people in maranello are given great amount of credit for the hard work and progress they made with the new car but work together onward there's so much more work to do they cant allow themselves to be beaten soundly in the development war 3rd time in a row when they start off close to merc.

i remember last year it was a long time till we had upgrades between like british GP and singaporeGP(they were the downgrades) where we hardly had any upgrades and merc and redbull had new bits and pieces every race weekend that they kept on the car, whilst our team reverted back everytime after FP1/FP2

If we can strike early on and maintain development and pace we might beable to put merc/Rb under pressure in the development war and that'l hurt them the most if they head towards components that fail to give desired results just like we had last year
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    https://old.reddit.com/r/formula1/co..._of_vettel_vs/

at some point Vet had 0.4s gap, wich he lost mostly in the last part of the track
    o wow 0.4s in one sector, i thought at most 0.2s when i first saw it thats a lot of time but i guess the amount of turns and things especially the type of corners that they seem stronger on is all there too, hopefully there engines were turned up higher

I would chalk up the S3 time to be more of Seb not pushing/lifting, track temp, fuel load, etc before thinking that we don't have a competitive car on the traction, tight stuff. We will be fine. On the contrary to above posts, where did any track-side observers say that we didn't look good in S3? I didn't see anything like that. Nor, did either driver say there were issues there.

Saw some talk about the reasons why merc are so quick on tracks like melbourne, singapore and s3 barca is because they got a system that simulates 4 wheel steering or something like that, i remember this came up last year as a theory, I wonder if its true, it would explain how they are so much faster on these street/twisty circuits

Last year during testing, I saw their car was turning almost on its own axis in the last corner of the chicane. They can use the brake by wire and the allowed tolerances to good effect. Its about braking the right rear tire just slightly, dragging the brakes will help the car turn really well. They have also good traction because they are using the power provided by the electric motor to instantly vary the power output when wheel slip is detected. Its even better than using the brakes or cutting power to the engine because with the IC engine, it takes few milli seconds for the engine to adjust, but with the electric motor, its instant on or off or varying power. I hope Ferrari did that too.

Saw some talk about the reasons why merc are so quick on tracks like melbourne, singapore and s3 barca is because they got a system that simulates 4 wheel steering or something like that, i remember this came up last year as a theory, I wonder if its true, it would explain how they are so much faster on these street/twisty circuits
    no they havent. You bough this up last year. Told you then and will say again what was told to me by a leading F1 Technical analyst, its all to do with how they run the suspension setups ans how soft they can go. 4 wheel steer is banned.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

i can't believe next week is THE FIRST RACE.....i am STOKED......yey, finally after a long await the season will start.....

anyone (from the horse's mouth, meaning Melbourne) know hwo the weather is gonna be for next week.....i know a long way, but still.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Merc's system that simulates 4 wheel steering is totally legal ! It's Lewis' driving that's doing all the WDC and WCC driving. He's just doing it! Let's hope Ferrari can out drive him this 2019 !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Last year during testing, I saw their car was turning almost on its own axis in the last corner of the chicane. They can use the brake by wire and the allowed tolerances to good effect. Its about braking the right rear tire just slightly, dragging the brakes will help the car turn really well. They have also good traction because they are using the power provided by the electric motor to instantly vary the power output when wheel slip is detected. Its even better than using the brakes or cutting power to the engine because with the IC engine, it takes few milli seconds for the engine to adjust, but with the electric motor, its instant on or off or varying power. I hope Ferrari did that too.
    I think thats the exact explanation I saw given as to how its legal and simulated,you'v got a very good eye if its true.

https://www.reddit.com/r/F1Technical...heel_steering/

and here Motorsport italy has also made articles on it during testing this year on how merc legally simulate and were testing it

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/qu...riori/4342684/

--

and this one was the first one last year when it was picked up on
    https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/so...riori/3186153/

so you guys are saying Merc are favourites to win in Melbourne as their car best suits this circuit?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    so you guys are saying Merc are favourites to win in Melbourne as their car best suits this circuit?
    i honestly think its 50/50 until we know who sandbagged more at testing, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if merc did what they did last year and went 0.6s faster than anyone (although i'd be really sad), they did the samething in germany too, wolf kept telling everyone that Ferrari is way ahead like 0.4s or something and that they have to work harder than ever in development but in sector 3 in Germany which is mostly slow cornering and turns Bottas went faster than anyone to take provisional pole (sky was saying it was easy kimi vs seb by what wolff was letting on before quali) but that was before seb went purple in first two sectors to take pole

Raikkonen was the first man to pull the trigger, but Bottas immediately shot back an answer with a final sector that left his Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff open-mouthed - while leaving the Finn, briefly, on provisional pole. Behind Bottas, however, Vettel was turning the timing sectors purple, and as he crossed the line, the German crowd rose to their feet to herald a truly imperious lap of 1m 11.212s, the circuit’s outright lap record.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Of course, everyone knows that Mercedes is favorite to win Melbourne. I reckon the gap will be 3 tenths to Ferrari. Should be something like Australia 2017, Ferrari strong but not quite there. Bahrain is a different story but Mercedes and Hamilton are favorites to grab pole and win in Melbourne.

Of course, everyone knows that Mercedes is favorite to win Melbourne. I reckon the gap will be 3 tenths to Ferrari. Should be something like Australia 2017, Ferrari strong but not quite there. Bahrain is a different story but Mercedes and Hamilton are favorites to grab pole and win in Melbourne.
    LOL
    Forza Ferrari

And if we turn out to take pole, it will be down to your superstar driver ????
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

i honestly think its 50/50 until we know who sandbagged more at testing, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if merc did what they did last year and went 0.6s faster than anyone (although i'd be really sad), they did the samething in germany too, wolf kept telling everyone that Ferrari is way ahead like 0.4s or something and that they have to work harder than ever in development but in sector 3 in Germany which is mostly slow cornering and turns Bottas went faster than anyone to take provisional pole (sky was saying it was easy kimi vs seb by what wolff was letting on before quali) but that was before seb went purple in first two sectors to take pole
    Vettel never got the credit for many of his stunning pole laps last year. Canada for example, Ferrari brought engine upgrade but Bottas was not even a tenth slower which means Vettel put in an outstanding qualifying lap to grab pole in clearly the second best car on that track. Hamilton made error and was even beaten by Verstappen. But look how everyone said Ferrari was quickest so Vettel got pole, Ferrari was never quickest in Canada at all. In Monaco, Hamilton admitted later he was easily on course for 2nd but made mistake, Ferrari was 3rd best on tracks like Monaco but Seb did well to grab 2nd. Vettel's lap of the season was in Germany though, almost half a second up till 2nd sector, blistering quick but yet another time, didn't got any credit at all.

Again same old crap - he got pole because Ferrari was quickest just like Red Bull was quickest when he got 4 titles. On the contrary, Hamilton gets pole in Silverstone and muppets were like Ferrari was fastest, Mercedes shouldn't be on pole and should be 3-4 tenths slower and Hamilton extracted pole and all that stuff. Even Rosberg got around 40 poles against Hamilton from 2014-2016 but if this stat is thrown up on Hamilton fanboys, they will say Rosberg is very quick driver over one lap.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Yep same pattern of posts as last year etc, attack Ferrari to make Vettel seem better....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yep same pattern of posts as last year etc, attack Ferrari to make Vettel seem better....
    Exactly!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

At this point in time, I doubt any Ferrari driver can even fight for pole let alone who gets the credit for it.

At this point in time, I doubt any Ferrari driver can even fight for pole let alone who gets the credit for it.
    Ah another of your reliable predictions, after all we even seen the biggest miracle last year...

Pole is not possible. If the fastest Ferrari is able to get within half a second of the fastest Mercedes in qualifying, I would consider that to be the biggest miracle of 21st century.
    Ferrari got pole
    Forza Ferrari

Vettlel is very quick during qualifying. But .. In races he lacks the skill and patience. He can not win, like Schumacher, Alonso, Hamilton, from back grid. She is also very weak mentally (Baku 2017)

Please enlight us!!! From where you make these predictions??!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Please enlight us!!! From where you make these predictions??!!!
    First of all, Binotto said he expects Mercedes to be ahead of Ferrari in Melbourne. Second, Toto and Hamilton says Ferrari is best which means Mercedes is better. Third, Melbourne is a downforce track which Mercedes is better at, Mercedes goes very well in Melbourne historically as well. Sector 3 in Barcelona is extremely reliable indicator of how a team will fare in Melbourne, Monaco, Singapore and other twisty sections of tracks.