Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 263738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1847

Thread: 2019 Barcelona testing(Circuit de Catalunya)

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    With all this going on I can imagine Merc scheming with the FIA and Pirelli again like last year:

"Lets change the tires to suit us; oh Ferrari have two batteries, lets put sensors on their car to slow it down... !!"

That was their strategy last year.
    Allison did that last year and was exposed by Whiting lol. This year secrets are deeper ;)

I think C4 times are more presentative than C5, as quoted by Pirelli the C5 hardly lasts 1 hot lap on Barcelona. So 1.17.2 on C2 is around 16.0 on C4, 16.7 on C3 around 16.1 on C4.
    Around .16 - .16.1 on C4 seems to be the time to beat right now

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    With all this going on I can imagine Merc scheming with the FIA and Pirelli again like last year:

"Lets change the tires to suit us; oh Ferrari have two batteries, lets put sensors on their car to slow it down... !!"

That was their strategy last year.
    Yeah in 2017 it was burning Oil, 2018 it was dual batteries, Ice bag & Pirelli tyres.... all these are from mercs against ferrari that too from ferrari ex-employees

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Confirmed???
    Yes, from Autosport

merc are at most 0.2s down in testing, looking at speed traps, bottas was not near *honda or ferrari's so they still sandbagging more, hamilton crying again so all the glory will be on him or the "super turnabout" in this short week when they end up 1s ahead at melbourne, pretty much even stevens in my eyes.

Happy seb got decent amount of laps and vettel and leclerc showing close times which means setup works for both
    Last edited by mwk360; 1st March 2019 at 11:15.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

As always, Good analysis by Karun

not sure if already posted

High visit to Ferrari: Fiat boss John Elkann is at the track.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

The Mercedes engineers correct their superstar. "In our opinion, Ferrari is two to three tenths faster than we are, the times are just representative." Hamilton will use the free time after the test drives for travel. The title holder rests in the plane. First, he moves to Fashion Week in Paris, then to the Mercedes factory after Brackley and then to the MotoGP race in Qatar.
    amus

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    merc are at most 0.2s down in testing, looking at speed traps, bottas was not near *honda or ferrari's so they still sandbagging more, hamilton crying again so all the glory will be on him or the "super turnabout" in this short week when they end up 1s ahead at melbourne, pretty much even stevens in my eyes.

Happy seb got decent amount of laps and vettel and leclerc showing close times which means setup works for both
    Is there any contest for the most pessimistic???!!!!!
    Dont tell me what could happen, I as everybody, know that yes there is a possiblity that Merc hiding or trying to find their sweet spot. BUT man you are something else. EVERY single time something good happen to us you come up and say the opposite thing and praise the Mercs.
    It is really getting tired reading your posts.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yeah in 2017 it was burning Oil, 2018 it was dual batteries, Ice bag & Pirelli tyres.... all these are from mercs against ferrari that too from ferrari ex-employees
    thats why mercedes lie and hype ferrari as the best car all the time, so all eyes, all inquiries and all pressure lands on us, when they brought there extremely useful rim tyres they downplayed everything yet the race they took it off they lost a lot of pace, they already repeating it this year, all eyes and fia will be harsh on everything we do to see if theres a "trick" with the FW or somewhere else while they can develop freely

Is there any contest for the most pessimistic???!!!!!
    Dont tell me what could happen, I as everybody, know that yes there is a possiblity that Merc hiding or trying to find their sweet spot. BUT man you are something else. EVERY single time something good happen to us you come up and say the opposite thing and praise the Mercs.
    It is really getting tired reading your posts.
    ok

I wonder if Ferrari will bring anything new to Melbourne? Merc have had their big update, hope Ferrari have a few things in the pipeline

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    The rat will say Ferrari are fastest no matter what times he pulls. Come the checkered flag in Australia; if he wins he will still say we are faster and his pole/win are down to his godlike qualities and devine intervention lol. Anything to feed his ego.

Encouraging times from our boys...Australia can’t come fast enough. Let’s hope we really do hold an advantage and rack up plenty of points!!
    exactly!! great post

RB running that support structure again, but its painted black to attract little attention

https://mediaproxy.tickaroo.com/v3/i...ty52bbmlut9p25

RB running that support structure again, but its painted black to attract little attention
    On F1technical I saw someone posting a suggestion it might be the old diffusor (we saw the structure last week) hence Gasley wrecked the new one.

@ScuderiaFerrari

Your passion fuels our days. Grazie! @SFerrariClub #Tifosi #essereFerrari

Quote Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
    On F1technical I saw someone posting a suggestion it might be the old diffusor (we saw the structure last week) hence Gasley wrecked the new one.
    ooo thats interesting, i hope we get more info on that, i cant remember RB that well lol

From the gallery on AMUS it looks like we didnt run at all on those Merc rim tyres today, anybody remember seeing pics of leclerc using them yesterday?

From earlier report:

That was a strong round from Vettel on the medium-hard Pirelli (C3). Then he travels the 16 corners in 1: 16.7 minutes. If you subtract now the tire disadvantage, it lands in the high 1: 15 range. - AMUS

I still think Pirelli is off with there estimations, like someone said earlier c5 tyre is not made for this track, it might be faster early on in the lap but before the lap ends its already lost too much performance, maybe c4 more accurate. but the thought that seb might be sandbagging even little is a good thing

I still think Pirelli is off with there estimations, like someone said earlier c5 tyre is not made for this track, it might be faster early on in the lap but before the lap ends its already lost too much performance, maybe c4 more accurate. but the thought that seb might be sandbagging even little is a good thing
    Yes see my post #1502 on top of this page, I am thinking the same.

Quote Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
    Yes see my post #1502 on top of this page, I am thinking the same.
    Loool it was your post yeah, thats the post i was thinking off
    Last edited by mwk360; 1st March 2019 at 12:10.

Binotto: "I would like a more reliable car. Betting on us in Melbourne?
    No, I never bet ... but rather than betting on another team, I would bet on us."

#F1Testing

Binotto: "The structure has not changed much. No major changes. I'm a bit like a conductor. I direct the many technicians and then they have to do the job. We must not be on the level of others, but be the best."

The last stint of 2019 test has started.
    What Ham will do???
    Will Vet gonna do a race sim like Lec ???
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

And Vet is out.And pits.
    Lol. Is Bot still running??? What about Ham??
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Max in garage, not wearing race overall. Rumoured gearbox problem.

No ,it was gptoday 's error. It was Ham.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

No ,it was gptoday 's error. It was Ham.
    lol i saw the timing, bottas did first sector and hamilton ended up doing the last two haha, ham on long run c2 it seems

Apart from mercs, ferrari & RB. Mid-field teams seems to be pretty tight.
    Alfa vs Haas vs Renault vs RP. Then last spot Williams vs McLaren vs TR.