Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1237484950515253545556575859606162
Results 1,831 to 1,847 of 1847

Thread: 2019 Barcelona testing(Circuit de Catalunya)

Hamilton sure was lucky to have a slave driver and best car since 2014 , hopefully this year ferrari can close the gap even further with Binotto captain of the ship , i know without a doubt in my mind we have the best two drivers for sure and they for sure always deliver
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Hamilton sure was lucky to have a slave driver and best car since 2014 , hopefully this year ferrari can close the gap even further with Binotto captain of the ship , i know without a doubt in my mind we have the best two drivers for sure and they for sure always deliver
    Wouldn't call Bottas a slave driver, just a less talented driver not able to beat his teammate. And Rosberg was definitly not a slave driver.
    I hope Ferrari will be as good as last year, as they were arguably just as good as Mercedes, but I wouldn't say Vettel always delivers. Especially not last year, if Vettel would have delivered, he would been champion in 2018 and maybe 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Formula 1 fan View Post
    Wouldn't call Bottas a slave driver, just a less talented driver not able to beat his teammate. And Rosberg was definitly not a slave driver.
    I hope Ferrari will be as good as last year, as they were arguably just as good as Mercedes, but I wouldn't say Vettel always delivers. Especially not last year, if Vettel would have delivered, he would been champion in 2018 and maybe 2017.
    not ALLOWED to beat his teammate more likely...

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    exactly

------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6hsJaqgcrs

ferrari & alfa fastest lap comparison
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Nah...Bottas simply lacks talent. Beating Massa is one thing, beating Hamilton is another. Just ask Vettel!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Nah...Bottas simply lacks talent. Beating Massa is one thing, beating Hamilton is another. Just ask Vettel!
    Bottas didn't exactly 'beat' Massa either, tifosi, it was pretty equal while they were at Williams together, and Felipe stood up to MS when they were both at Ferrari and even beat him!

The true, fair way to judge a driver's performance and how good he did is just count the points! Max points wise, came in 2nd only to Lewis second 1/2 of 2018. Crashing was no help, he did it without smashing his opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Beating Hamilton is easy. Button scored more points than Hamilton when they were teammates together from 2010 to 2012. Rosberg also beat him. If second and third tier drivers can beat Hamilton, Vettel can easily do it. No wonder Hamilton wants slave drivers as his teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Beating Hamilton is easy. Button scored more points than Hamilton when they were teammates together from 2010 to 2012. Rosberg also beat him. If second and third tier drivers can beat Hamilton, Vettel can easily do it. No wonder Hamilton wants slave drivers as his teammates.
    Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    The true, fair way to judge a driver's performance and how good he did is just count the points! Max points wise, came in 2nd only to Lewis second 1/2 of 2018. Crashing was no help, he did it without smashing his opponents.
    A champion is crowned for the points of a full season not half of it. In the end Max did not come 2nd, he came 4th behind Kimi, 5th was Bottas by 2 points which is not realistic had Mercedes let Bottas win and not give way (Bottas could have even been ahead of Kimi as only 4 points split them) . I like the overtaking skills of Max but I stand my point that he still has a long way to go to be champion material.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Why do you count only 2nd half ? You need to count the whole year.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Bottas didn't exactly 'beat' Massa either, tifosi, it was pretty equal while they were at Williams together, and Felipe stood up to MS when they were both at Ferrari and even beat him!
    Bottas is a nice driver, very fast, but not consistent like Hamilton, Alonso or Max. Bottas had trouble beating Massa, but did beat him in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    I hope you are joking, because if beating Hamilton is easy, why didn't Vettel win the title last year? The Ferrari was easily on par with Mercedes at least. And remember the mistakes Vettel made in Germany, France, Japan, USA, Austria qualify, Baku? Your dislike for Hamilton is fanboy like. Vettel is a great driver, but as proven last 2 years not on Hamilton's level. And probably not on Max level either. Just look at how many mistakes Vettel made last 2 years, throwing away 2 tiles with arguably the best car.

Schumy had Rubens as his slave for sure, so really his success isn't, wasn't, real ! As far as Lewis goes, forget 83 poles 5 WCCs , 2010 to 2012 is what counts. Seb's track mistakes may have been because he was thinking about his salary instead of the race. Oh ! wait! Kimi wan't there for him. Bring back 2110, 2012 Ferrari needs the WCC, Seb needs WDC !

Just give it a break already! So conveniently everyone blaming Seb for the issues from the 2nd half and ignoring the fact that Ferrari lost Sergio Marchionne during that period, had internal issues between Binotto and Arrivabene which no one can deny anymore (look who's gone and who replaced who) plus the so called superior ferrari stopped being so as well at that time. I do not believe that Ferrari kept being the best car on the field after all that since quite obviously development had stopped or was not as regular as before therefore letting both Mercedes and Redbull catch up.
    Hamilton himself believes that Ferrari started working on this year's car sooner than them which shows that Ferrari had already dropped the title push from an early stage with all the turmoil that was going on internally.
    The team is as much to blame as Seb if anything so one simply cannot expect him to be solely responsible, mistakes or no mistakes the crashes are quite easily attributed to the added pressure seeing the title hopes fade away and everyone blaming him such as the media etc.
    Both Max and Hamilton took advantage of all that and it is why hopefully this year it will be different with all the dust having settled down as Rosberg, Coulthard and other drivers pointed out so If Ferrari is quick and keeps pushing till the last race then Vettel will deliver as will Leclerc.

Just give it a break already! So conveniently everyone blaming Seb for the issues from the 2nd half and ignoring the fact that Ferrari lost Sergio Marchionne during that period, had internal issues between Binotto and Arrivabene which no one can deny anymore (look who's gone and who replaced who) plus the so called superior ferrari stopped being so as well at that time. I do not believe that Ferrari kept being the best car on the field after all that since quite obviously development had stopped or was not as regular as before therefore letting both Mercedes and Redbull catch up.
    Hamilton himself believes that Ferrari started working on this year's car sooner than them which shows that Ferrari had already dropped the title push from an early stage with all the turmoil that was going on internally.
    The team is as much to blame as Seb if anything so one simply cannot expect him to be solely responsible, mistakes or no mistakes the crashes are quite easily attributed to the added pressure seeing the title hopes fade away and everyone blaming him such as the media etc.
    Both Max and Hamilton took advantage of all that and it is why hopefully this year it will be different with all the dust having settled down as Rosberg, Coulthard and other drivers pointed out so If Ferrari is quick and keeps pushing till the last race then Vettel will deliver as will Leclerc.

Well said, and at least there are some of us who don't lay the blame entirely at Seb's door for last year's failure to take the championship.