Thread: 2019 Barcelona testing(Circuit de Catalunya)

Alfa, haas and renault have had the worst reliabilty so far
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    According to amus schmidt mercedes is bringing a huge aero update next week. Same as redbull.

When he asked mattia binotto. He said ferrari will bring some parts to test but it wont be anything big
    Good for us...!!

Alfa, haas and renault have had the worst reliabilty so far
    Haas for me is the worst team, with good technical partnership with Ferrari still not able to get the best in their team.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Haas for me is the worst team, with good technical partnership with Ferrari still not able to get the best in their team.
    I think ill say most disappointing team. So much promise last year but as soon as the season started their cars performance was caught up by the rest of the teams behind besides willaims. Already could see gene haas wasnt happy today and with the constant EC issues they are having its not looking very promising. Alfa seem to have shutdowns everyday too but usually near the end of a day which is concerning.

Im really really really disappointed that honda is working perfectly so far. I used to enjoy the honda jokes tbh
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Leclerc brings test to an end with a further 138 laps

Montmelò, 21 February 2019 – Charles Leclerc was at the wheel of the SF90 on what was the last day of this four day Formula 1 pre-season test at the Barcelona-Catalunya Circuit. The Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow driver completed a total of 138 laps; 72 in the morning and 66 in the afternoon. That means the SF90 has covered 598 laps in this first test, (303 for Sebastian Vettel and 295 for Charles Leclerc), equivalent to a total distance of 2783,69 kilometres.

Different configurations. Following the installation lap, the Monegasque driver then got down to a series of runs to evaluate different set-ups, running various tyre compounds. Towards the end of the morning, Charles set what would be his fastest lap of the day in 1’18”046. The afternoon featured further tyre testing with the car running in different configurations.

With the media. During the lunch break, Leclerc spoke to the media about his first days in Ferrari. “For now, I don’t want to say too much, because this is just testing” he said. “But the feeling from the car is very good. We did many laps, the reliability was good and every day we managed to complete our programme.”

At ease in the car. “I feel quite at ease in the car, even if there are still a few things I need to get used to, including how the team operates. But this is quite an easy car to drive. As Seb said, this doesn’t feel like a new car, but more like one that is quite well developed. Driveability is very good, which shows that the team has done an amazing job over the winter to bring a very solid car here.”

Always improve. “As soon as I arrived here in Barcelona, I switched to ‘work’ mode and put any emotion to one side to get on with the job as well as possible,” concluded Charles. “The results? I’m not really focusing on that side of things. I’m focusing on myself, trying to do my best and to improve with every lap.”

Last test now. In between now and the start of the championship, which gets underway in Australia on 17 March, there are a further four days of testing scheduled for all the teams, again at the Barcelona track. The session gets underway on Tuesday 26 February and end on Friday 1 March.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Last edited by Rob; 21st February 2019 at 18:49.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Couple of things to wrap up on day 4 of testing....

- An oil leak on the Racing Point car is the reason why Lance Stroll was absent towards the end of this afternoon.

- [Motorsport] Kubica admits Williams running "compromised" car
    - [it.Motorsport] Williams: two details of the front suspension are probably not legal
    https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/cl...alita/4341705/

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/10985...g&name=600x314

Quote Originally Posted by farid-baku View Post
    What triangle is it on back of RedBull? interesting
    noticed it only now, that could be rear suspension, no good side angle of it yet

Quote Originally Posted by farid-baku View Post
    Will it triangle be the system wich push other side of car to floor in corners?
    here's the reason for the "triangle"

- [it.Motorsport] Red Bull with two huge rods to shut off the vibrations of the Honda engine.
    https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/re...honda/4341919/

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/10986...g&name=600x314

[AMuS] "Next week, Mercedes will arrive with a bigger aerodynamic update. They try to say that it's not their last hope but it surely must help them to reduce the gap to Ferrari."
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Testing days 1 thru 4 (drivers)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dz9bHb5W0AAuHbY.png

Testing days 1 thru 4 (team mileage)

MERC - 610 LAPS = 2839.55 km
    FER - 598 = 2783.69 km
    RBR - 475 = 2211.125 km
    REN - 433 = 2015.615 km
    ARR - 507 = 2360.085 km
    McL - 445 = 2071.475 km
    STR - 482 = 2243.71 km
    HAAS - 384 - 1787.52 km
    RP - 248 = 1154.44 km
    WIL - 88 = 409.64 km

Test days 1 thru 4 (engine manufacturer)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dz9eAvpX0AE6WAK.png

Test day 4 only

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dz8hpIfW0AEpDxr.jpg

Merc talking big upgrades already good luck with that quietly they are behind ferrari in all dapartments ferrari will push hard this year all the way no letting up not like last year.

I decided to venture onto f1techinical and boy is it a Mercedes lovefest over there... anyway, they were saying that Bottas' long run pace was better than Leclerc's on C2 tyres... has anyone seen any information to suggest that is correct?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Latest review from our friends about day 4 of testing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FYGHYW1WLM

Any idea if used only one engine for the first test?

I know RB got a brand new engine after gasly crash since Honda didnt want to take any chance.

So...Renault is best and Toro Rosso second, we don`t have a chance this year.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    So...Renault is best and Toro Rosso second, we don`t have a chance this year.
    We're doomed!

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I decided to venture onto f1techinical and boy is it a Mercedes lovefest over there... anyway, they were saying that Bottas' long run pace was better than Leclerc's on C2 tyres... has anyone seen any information to suggest that is correct?
    i dont have any proof but i remember being worried with his pace, he was very quick, so i would believe it.

Mercs "issues" might disappear the second we on a normal temperature race track, i think the issue is that they keeping their tyres too cold so early part of the test days their pace is little off, but afternoon they on fire again

---

can someone explain to me the "No deal Brexit" thing that only Toto seemed to cry about? none of the other teams think it matters so i assume its not a big deal for them or is it toto crying wolf again?

i tried googling it and i sort of understand it, but i mean merc are beyond wealthy and they said they will move base anyway if there isnt a deal ...so what was the point of threatening to quit? will everything be decided end of march?

Nope, nothing to suggest that as they never really did like for like runs at the same time, tyres etc.

Gary Anderson ranks the teams after test one
    The 'actual' lap times in Formula 1 testing rarely reveal the true story, so we've delved into the data and factored in tyre choices and adjusted fuel loads to attempt to rank how the 10 teams actually stand at the end of week one

By Gary Anderson
    Published on Friday February 22nd 2019
    RSS feed

Latest

News
    Trending
    Plus

Gary AndersonGary Anderson ranks the teams after test one
    Scott MitchellHamilton's warning shot amid Mercedes' quiet start
    Technical analysisHow F1 teams create a third of their performance
    Alex KalinauckasHas FE created motorsport's best racing rules?
    Gary AndersonWhat the FW42 reveals about Williams's plight
    Gary AndersonRating the 2019 F1 grid from trackside
    Scott MitchellHow Vettel exposed a key Ferrari culture shift
    Share this article on Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email

Right from the start of testing, all of the cars have looked much better-balanced than you'd expect straight out of the box, with none battling any obvious vices or showing the kinds of balance problems you'd normally see at this stage.

But as testing progressed, we have started to build a picture of the competitive order and, as drivers have pushed harder, seen some signs of which cars really are handling as well as they looked initially and which might have some problems.

Lap times in isolation don't mean anything in testing. Having five different tyre compounds available, varying track conditions and a range of fuel loads further clouds the picture.

But by following the lap times through the weekend, analysing the runs and normalising for the various conditions you can get an idea of how things are shaping up. Things will become clearer at next week's second test.

By taking the fastest lap set by each team, adjusting it for what we know was the minimum fuel load based on laps completed in a run, and what teams historically tend to run, and using a delta to set the difference in pace between the five compounds of tyres, we can come up with a theoretical fastest lap.

This isn't perfect and things will change, but it gives us a good idea of who is in good shape and who has work to do.

As always, I disagree with the tyre deltas suggested by Pirelli based on what I've seen this week, so have created my own based on what I've seen going on across all cars.

These are as listed below, showing the lap time gain for each step from hardest (C1) to softest (C5).

C1 to C2 - 0.6s
    C2 to C3 - 0.5s
    C3 to C4 - 0.5s
    C4 to C5 - 0.3s

As the tyre compound gets softer, it improves rear grip and creates some understeer. So to get the best out of a soft compound you need a car that, let's say, when on the C3 tyre has a hint of oversteer, and on the C4 will be balanced so the driver can get the best from the softer tyre compound.

Couple this with the long, fast Turn 3 at Barcelona and it's also very difficult to keep the softer tyres alive for more than one balls-out lap.

Below is a ranking that shows the actual fastest times set in the first column, then that time adjusted to what it would have been on the C4 tyres, then finally, in the third column, is my theoretical time factoring in the possible fuel load as well.
    Gary Anderson's ranking
    Pos Team Actual time Tyres Adjusted to C4 Adjusted for fuel/tyres
    1. Ferrari 1m18.046s C3 1m17.546s 1m16.048s
    2. Renault 1m17.393s C5 1m17.693s 1m16.361s
    3. Mercedes 1m17.857s C5 1m18.157s 1m16.492s
    4. Haas 1m18.563s C3 1m18.063s 1m16.565s
    5. Red Bull 1m18.780s C3 1m18.280s 1m16.615s
    6. Alfa Romeo 1m17.762s C5 1m18.062s 1m16.730s
    7. Racing Point 1m19.664s C2 1m18.660s 1m17.332s
    8. Toro Rosso 1m17.637s C5 1m17.973s 1m17.604s
    9. McLaren 1m18.431s C4 1m18.431s 1m18.265s
    10. Williams 1m20.997s C3 1m20.497s 1m19.165s
    1. Ferrari - The early favourite

From the start of testing, the Ferrari has been fast and looks strong on track. It's doing what the driver wants it to do, riding the kerbs well and there's been no sign of any balance problems from trackside.

If the car does anything untoward, it's usually down to a small driver error. When I was watching at Campsa, the fast right-hander, Charles Leclerc was able to get half of his inside tyres on the kerbs and the car remained stable. Others were having to give it a wide berth, so this is a car that is quick, stable and consistent, as we've seen from Ferraris over the past couple of years.

The traction also looks good, with the drivers able to feed the power in with confidence. Based on what we've seen so far, Ferrari is leading the pack, but the question is by how much?

On current evidence, it has a clear edge on Mercedes, and if that continues through the second test next week it means Sebastian Vettel and Leclerc could go into the season as favourites.
    2. Renault - Making the step it wanted

We didn't see too much from Renault early on in testing, and Daniel Ricciardo's rear wing failure - caused by a problem with the DRS mechanism - was a concern.

But in the second half of testing, we began to see more evidence of pace and it looks like Renault could achieve its aim of closing on F1's big three teams.

It's been quite hand-to-mouth for the team in terms of parts at this test, so clearly it was marginal on car build time. We can expect some new bits and pieces to crop up perhaps next week, or certainly in Melbourne.

On track, the car is looking well balanced and drivers can carry good speed, although it was interesting to see Ricciardo using a bit more track than he wanted to exiting Turn 2 and then not quite able to drag the car back to the left for the ideal entry into Turn 3.

That's what you get if you jump out of a Red Bull into a Renault, but the signs are he will at least be in the fight at the front of the midfield.
    3. Mercedes - Not the pacesetter

Mercedes spent much of the first three days of the test keeping a low profile but picked up the pace on day four.

Even though there was more focus on performance, based on what we've seen it does appear to be a little way behind Ferrari.

This doesn't mean it won't change, but there is a possible reason why Mercedes might have a bit of work to do. It's got a more conventional front wing, which doesn't drop away in front of the tyre. So downforce is being created in that area.

Mercedes runs less rake than the rest, but the more rake you run, the closer to the ground you get your front wing, which allows you to generate the downforce without having to have the maximum allowed flap area.

But with the front wing performance compromised when you have steering lock on, it's possible that Mercedes is losing some of that downforce in the corners, which could create a problem.

So if that's the case, it could be time for Mercedes to look outside its five-time championship winning box of ideas.
    4. Haas - Fast but problematic

Haas hasn't had the smoothest week, but based on how it performs on track you'd say it has every chance of being at the front of the upper midfield pack come Melbourne.

It's well-balanced, does what the drivers want it to do and looks similar to the very good car we saw last year.

The unreliability is a concern, as team principal Gunther Steiner has said. We saw a Haas stopped on track more than any other team, and that will have impacted how much has been learned in this test.

But if that can be conquered, it's looking like it could be a good season.
    5. Red Bull - Holding station

The new Honda engine sounds a little less raspy than it used to as it continues to make progress towards the performance of the Ferrari and Mercedes power units.

Based on what we saw in the first test, Red Bull certainly isn't going into the season any worse off than last year, although it still has work to do to get onto the level of Ferrari. The car looks good on track.

It handles the kerbs well and in the chicane could bounce over them and settle more quickly than most. Other than Pierre Gasly's crash on the second day, when he failed to catch a rear-end snap at the uphill Turn 11 right-hander, it did what the drivers wanted.

We haven't got a clear idea of exactly how much the Honda engine is behind and we still need to see if the fuel economy concerns it had last year are still there - and they might well be - but if Red Bull's aim is to start the season where it was with Renault and then hope to work forward, it's on target.

But it doesn't look like a championship-challenging package. Yet.
    6. Alfa Romeo - A very strong start

The Alfa Romeo started the test looking very strong on track, but as the week progressed we did start to see some signs of a little instability and the drivers weren't able to attack quite as much as they wanted to.

It also struggled a little over the kerbs at the chicane, with a double-bounce on the front axle when it landed after hitting them.

This usually comes from running the front of the car a little too stiff, meaning that the tyres take a large amount of the deflection. But it seems to be a good package.

The main question is whether it has the downforce and grip it needs to be right at the front of the midfield pack, rather than just being thereabouts.

But this is a team that is heading into the season in far better shape than it looked 12 months ago and it should build on its strong finish to last year.
    7. Racing Point - Getting the job done

What was once Force India usually comes to the first test aiming to get a handle on reliability and understand the car and rarely catches the attention with its pace, and it seemed it's like business as usual here.

On track, the car looks decent, but it just needs some more grip to carry the speed. The team should have achieved a good understanding, and as it's using the same gearbox and rear suspension as last year, it won't be too big a change from before.

So we can expect Racing Point to be thereabouts come Melbourne.
    8. Toro Rosso - Ground to make up

With Williams just off the back, if you had to pick the weakest in the midfield pack based on visual evidence it would be the Toro Rosso.

It's well-balanced, but perhaps lacks a little downforce and grip. The team is aiming for a good development rate through the season and could perhaps do what Sauber did last year.

But as there are often opportunities for big results early in the season thanks to unreliability the time lost over the winter in getting the car to this stage could cost it a little.

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with the car and I think we saw what it was capable of in Alexander Albon's hands on the final day.

So a solid start for Toro Rosso, but there has to be a bit more to come.
    9. McLaren - 2018 problems haven't gone away

As the test went on, we started to get a bit of a hint of the same rear instability that caused McLaren problems last year, although it wasn't as dramatic as it was in testing this time in 2018.

It was a solid start, and the team's in the midfield pack but not at the front of it at this stage. On the first two days, we did see some quick laps, with Carlos Sainz Jr and Lando Norris second on Monday and Tuesday.

But we also saw Norris driving quite aggressively. At Campsa on Tuesday he was changing down an extra gear to help rotate the rear and then shifting back up 20 metres later. But by Thursday he was matching what Sainz was doing.
    10. Williams - Too soon to tell

Williams had a very late start, only arriving at the test overnight ahead of the third day then hitting the track for the first time in the afternoon.

We didn't see many signs of pace but this was a car missing a few bits and pieces. On track it looked solid enough and responded to what the driver asked it to do.

It's always difficult when the car build is running behind, but hopefully Williams has done enough to understand how the FW42 works and can hit the ground running and find some performance next week.

If not, it could be a long, hard season and based on what we have seen so far, there's a lot of work to do. But we have to reserve judgement for now as there's still a lot of catching up required.

i dont have any proof but i remember being worried with his pace, he was very quick, so i would believe it.

Mercs "issues" might disappear the second we on a normal temperature race track, i think the issue is that they keeping their tyres too cold so early part of the test days their pace is little off, but afternoon they on fire again

---

can someone explain to me the "No deal Brexit" thing that only Toto seemed to cry about? none of the other teams think it matters so i assume its not a big deal for them or is it toto crying wolf again?

i tried googling it and i sort of understand it, but i mean merc are beyond wealthy and they said they will move base anyway if there isnt a deal ...so what was the point of threatening to quit? will everything be decided end of march?
    Since they where only doing some 10 to 20 lap stints,we cant be sure about anything.Only when they will do a full race sim we can make some conclusions. Its like make predictions about outright performance.
    There Bottas did a 2-3 lap stint with the softest compound.Do you believed that that is their true performance??? We to believe that that's ours from a particular stint from Lec???!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

We saw the new wheel rims, did anyone notice any other new bits that they tested?

My personal view from the first test is that the dumbing down of the aero rules have brought the midfield closer to Merc, Ferrari and RBR while all cars obviously are going to be slower than last year. There is still a significant gap but it's smaller than last year between the frontrunners and the midfield. Alfa seems to have made the biggest progress and Renault have strenghten the their 4th place. Toro Rosso looks somewhat stronger than last year. Reagrding the top three I think RBR have suffered the most by dumbing down the aero. That can on the other hand mean very little if Honda has found some performance and the PU fits Newey's designs. As for Merc and Ferrari, I guess the rule changes have favoured Ferrari relative to Merc. Also I read that Alain Prost said the SF90 has the same great traction out of corners as the SF71H had (from the start to Monza and from Austin until the end).

Hopefully Ferrari have gathered enough information on the aggressive cooling and packaging of the rear of the SF90. It really is, visually, a big difference compared to last year.

The tyres, as you all should know, are all thinner thread this season (the special ones). Nothing wrong with that since it was known to be just like that at the end of 2018 and not something that changed after pre-season testing, like at the start of last season. Apart from the normal C4 compound there is also an unnamed one. The question is if it's closer to the original C4, above C4 or closer to C5 and if the thread is the same (or even thinner).

No. Think is both Leclerc and Vettel did many long run stints and I can easily pick one and compare it with Bottas's long run and prove that not only Ferrari is fastest, it is also 2second/lap faster than Mercedes.

If folks @f1technical really wants to compare lap times, then they should pick Giovinazzi's long run stint. Because compared to Alfa, Bottas/Mercedes long run pace doesn't look impressive at all.

That is that dont make any sense!!!!!!
    For example they have Bottas c5 run BUT dont take in account that he did a 1:18:3 on C3s.That make him the fastest.BUT Bottas did it on a 3 lap stint (fast,cooldown, fast) and Lec did 1:18:4 also on C3s on his 2nd lap on a 9 lap stint!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I think only on the last day of the second test we might get some idea. Still i remember last year, when seb did the fastest time in testing but in Melbourne ham qualified 6 tenths ahead of seb. But this time we might be close.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    I think only on the last day of the second test we might get some idea. Still i remember last year, when seb did the fastest time in testing but in Melbourne ham qualified 6 tenths ahead of seb. But this time we might be close.
    Yes, we should not expect that much difference compared to last year. The biggest difference is that the frontrunners have lost some technical edge because of the simpler aero but they are obviously still far ahead compared to the midfield. Ferrari should though have gained on Merc and RBR in that department as our aero has always been more simple, so we have probably lost less than they have. RBR though will be an unknown until Australia because of Honda. We also have to remember about the thinner thread tyres this season and how well they have been incorporated into the designs of each package. Hopefully Merc's advantage in that department is gone as Ferrari have had all winter to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Yes, we should not expect that much difference compared to last year. The biggest difference is that the frontrunners have lost some technical edge because of the simpler aero but they are obviously still far ahead compared to the midfield. Ferrari should though have gained on Merc and RBR in that department as our aero has always been more simple, so we have probably lost less than they have. RBR though will be an unknown until Australia because of Honda. We also have to remember about the thinner thread tyres this season and how well they have been incorporated into the designs of each package. Hopefully Merc's advantage in that department is gone as Ferrari have had all winter to catch up.
    I agree.

I also feel merc slightly deviated from their original run plan on the last day. Seemed like they were spending a lot of time trying to find the right set up.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    That is that dont make any sense!!!!!!
    For example they have Bottas c5 run BUT dont take in account that he did a 1:18:3 on C3s.That make him the fastest.BUT Bottas did it on a 3 lap stint (fast,cooldown, fast) and Lec did 1:18:4 also on C3s on his 2nd lap on a 9 lap stint!!!!
    bingo, people saying stats are showing 0.5s ahead are completely incorrect , plus neither have used max engines either, mercs ended up 0.7s ahead in melbourne when tests were saying RB vs Merc is neck and neck with ferrari slightly behind, mercs are the kings of sandbagging even though every team is holding back, they always take it to the next degree

---

Mercs are bringing a huge aero update next week, same as RB , ferrari is only bringing small pieces to test according to binotto so next week is when we should get a clearer picture but even then Q3 GP1 s when it'l become clearer still

Overtaking is most likely going to be worse just like the few of us noticed with cars struggling in tests to follow like seb & sainz

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...g-regeln-2019/

The new rules aim to prevent that from happening. The front wing is now less rugged, but also wider. "Why did you make the wings wider again, if you thought years ago that these wide wings are the problem?" Sebastian Vettel wonders.

Vettel round behind Sainz
    The width of two meters allows the engineers to continue the so-called outwash principle. The front wing end plates are as wide as the front tires and also angled 15 degrees outwards. The rest is done by the aerodynamics with the arrangement of the flaps. For most cars, they are flatter on the outside than inside.

Already in advance, many experts had feared that the new rules will not solve the overtaking problem. "It did not bring anything at all, just cost a lot of money," blames Red Bull Motorsport Director Helmut Marko. Then the doctor continues: "Our drivers report that they still feel the same turbulence in the slipstream."

Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton showed on the third day of testing the proof that nothing has changed. Vettel drove for laps behind the McLaren of Carlos Sainz, Hamilton a felt eternity behind the clean of Kimi Raikkonen. The Ferrari driver had previously caught up with Sainz two seconds per lap. Vettel reported: "No chance to pass him. I just never got close enough to him "

Situation worse than before?
    Daniel Ricciardo and Nico Hülkenberg have had the same experience. They unanimously reported that the driving experience has not changed at all. "As if you had pressed the Copy & Paste button", grins Nico Hülkenberg.

Red Bull tech boss Adrian Newey even fears that it will be even harder to stay in the slipstream of another car. "You lose as much downforce as before. But it is still unstable, because we now lack the vertical baffles in the front wing to control the flow. "

Force India Chief Technology Officer Andy Green is not surprised that the overtaking committee's efforts are going nowhere: "We do not build cars that make driving easier for the rear man. We see that our car is as fast as possible. And to do this, the air must pass the outside of the wheels. As long as we see the chance to do that, we will do it. "

So expect even more boring races, with no one able to make a pass just like we've seen seb couldnt even get close enough to sainz to pass, the car was all over the place everytime he get a sniff in, way worse than last year

jeeeeeeezzzuuusss. Nowhere in the article does it stipulate ambient temp and track temp. You'd expect that from a tire manufacturer.

These temps were in cold conditions.

Come Melbourne, the temps will be plus 30 degrees celsius compared to these testing temps......but what do I know.

bingo, people saying stats are showing 0.5s ahead are completely incorrect , plus neither have used max engines either, mercs ended up 0.7s ahead in melbourne when tests were saying RB vs Merc is neck and neck with ferrari slightly behind, mercs are the kings of sandbagging even though every team is holding back, they always take it to the next degree

---

Mercs are bringing a huge aero update next week, same as RB , ferrari is only bringing small pieces to test according to binotto so next week is when we should get a clearer picture but even then Q3 GP1 s when it'l become clearer still
    The same goes when you see s "better " stint from Merc
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!