Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324253661 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Barcelona testing(Circuit de Catalunya)

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Qualifying or not, this is a weak area for Charles. According to recent analysis by Motorsport based on 2018 qualifying performances, Leclerc was struggling to put sectors together in many Q3s and Vettel on the other hand was statistically the best driver in putting together all sectors in Q3.

Leclerc needs to work in this area as it could make a big difference in Q3 when teams are only separated by few tenths.

Yeah there was analysis on his Qualifying, during that phase it was reported that he used to hook up his tyres in the final sector & was best in the middle part.
    So he needs to focus on it.

Over 100 laps for Leclerc already

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    THANK YOU
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yeah there was analysis on his Qualifying, during that phase it was reported that he used to hook up his tyres in the final sector & was best in the middle part.
    So he needs to focus on it.
    I just wonder at some tracks if he pushed too hard for example in sector 1 then by the time he approached the final sector there's no tyre life left and vice versa.

help me out here guys....does the car still "puffing" smoke/vapour from under the rain/harvesting light as it was last year.....i looked close even when the car wsa driving slowly through the pit late, OR when our drivers were doing a practice start....but i DON'T SEE IT as it was there last year

so do you guys think Ferrari doing a new spec engine for this year may have take that into account and designed in in such a way that is not fumigating as it was?????
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Good lap count from Ferraris so far.

Most laps and fastest so far. I'll take that even if it is testing

I know ts testing, but the time Vettel set on day 1 of testing bodes well. once we refine the car and optimise it. We should knock off a number of tenths from that lap time. I doubt Vettel done a quali sim on the very 1st day.

This reminds me of 2009, Brawn turns up and realised they had a very good car

Hulk saying we are fast

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi..._Ferrari_pace/

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    help me out here guys....does the car still "puffing" smoke/vapour from under the rain/harvesting light as it was last year.....i looked close even when the car wsa driving slowly through the pit late, OR when our drivers were doing a practice start....but i DON'T SEE IT as it was there last year

so do you guys think Ferrari doing a new spec engine for this year may have take that into account and designed in in such a way that is not fumigating as it was?????
    Heya if it's the white "oil burner" smoke then no. It was the 1st thing i looked for when they exit the garage. Just the normal heat glare from the exhausts, nothing else.

One more thing: this year the FIA has made it clear that no oil burning is allowed as a boost to the fuel mixture. For all we know the smoke could have been a trick to divert attention from what was really providing the extra power in our car last year (batteries?)

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    I know ts testing, but the time Vettel set on day 1 of testing bodes well. once we refine the car and optimise it. We should knock off a number of tenths from that lap time. I doubt Vettel done a quali sim on the very 1st day.

This reminds me of 2009, Brawn turns up and realised they had a very good car

Hulk saying we are fast

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi..._Ferrari_pace/
    YUP, thanks to the brainiac Ross Brawn and his double diffuser he found in loop holes....

but yeah, i too am pretty optimistic for this year....cautiously, i might add

Heya if it's the white "oil burner" smoke then no. It was the 1st thing i looked for when they exit the garage. Just the normal heat glare from the exhausts, nothing else.

One more thing: this year the FIA has made it clear that no oil burning is allowed as a boost to the fuel mixture. For all we know the smoke could have been a trick to divert attention from what was really providing the extra power in our car last year (batteries?)
    you've got a very good point there

one thing is for sure, Ferrari has forced Mercedes hand into re-designing their engine which in the long run might be an advantage for us due to early teething and reliability issues they might experience until they rack up mileage. I just hope our guys capitalise on every point the Mercs let slip.

Gasly off track, lost the rear

Saw this on the F1technical thread... Thought it was funny.

https://twitter.com/welshdanevans/st...688475137?s=20

From Nate Saunders ESPN - Trackside

~FORZA FERRARI~

New hydraulic suspension

Almost 300 laps for Ferrari engine cars. 140 Leclerc. Fantastic.
    Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Sky F1 commentator calling our car a "Can of Soup".... WTH?! Very sportive indeed

Sky F1 commentator calling our car a "Can of Soup".... WTH?! Very sportive indeed
    I think they're referring to the Campbell's tomato soup color. I find it funny and kind of endearing, especially since the car looks to be a favorite right out of the gate.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I think they're referring to the Campbell's tomato soup color. I find it funny and kind of endearing.
    Ah well, I sure hope soup is what they'll be crapping at the end of the year if we annihilate the competition then...

That's day 2. Looking good for Ferrari so far. Lets see how the rest go. I am optimistic!

Plenty of data for Ferrari engineer's to go through. Another solid day of testing.

Karun on the Ferrari
    "The car looks balanced, it looks good to drive. The fast corners, the slow corners... so far, dare I say it, it doesn't look to have a weakness."

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    From Nate Saunders ESPN - Trackside

https://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h...pszgvebxo7.jpg

Good to hear. SF90 reminding me of Red Bull RB7, no understeer and planted rear end.

Without getting too carried away with excitement, it's a real tonic to see Charles on top today and Seb yesterday, along with strong showings from Antonio G and Kimi in the Alfa with the Haas cars pretty close, this is just the encouragement we need to build on and it's definitely looking promising.

Looks like another trouble-free testing day by the amount of laps Leclerc did. Great! I can't follow the testing all the time during the day so I have to read up on it later. I noticed Leclerc posted a higher speed trap time than Seb yesterday with almost the same lap time (low 1:18) on the same compound (C3). So he probably ran less downforce than Seb. I guess the sweetspot should be somewhere in between today's and yesterday's setup in order to post a high 1:17 time. I think we'll see that eventually if the weather stays the same. If not at the this test then at the second one later. But the most important thing is for the reliability and cooling to work flawlessly.

Day 2 results: 326 laps for Ferrari in 2 days

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzyTeeRWkAESSSQ.jpg

[Autobild] Vettel has done it yesterday and Leclerc has done it today. Both of them have been lifting in S3, not showing the full potential of the car. There is much more in the SF90 but Ferrari is playing. And that‘s why Vettel is so confident.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

[Autobild] Vettel has done it yesterday and Leclerc has done it today. Both of them have been lifting in S3, not showing the full potential of the car. There is much more in the SF90 but Ferrari is playing. And that‘s why Vettel is so confident.
    i deffo like the sound of that comment.....

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

I was reading about that too. A lot of pundits were saying that Charles needed to improve in T3 but failed to notice that him and Vettel were both actually lifting in the final sector and nothing to do with the car not being good in that part of the track or the driver needing to do better. Ferrari are sandbagging in their own way.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

on the long runs / second half of the day i saw a lot of times leclerc was doing 1:24s and bottas doing 1:22s, i wonder what program they were running , hopefully not the same, we've seen last year how much more merc sandbags than anyone else even Karun said they are the team holding there cards the most, and Merc and RB(they said 100%) have lot more things to introduce by melbourne on the post show.

Good times, i hope we get a rainy day atleast once to test things out, hope vettel gets a super clean day tomorrow so far so good
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)