Thread: New theory emerges on the Most Controversial F1 season and Schumacher's maiden World

New theory emerges on the Most Controversial F1 season and Schumacher's maiden World

Michael is so good that his rivals thought he was cheating.
    Our strategies better be on point in 2019.

1997 Schumy was disqualified from drivers championship .That's a record in itself, no other F1 driver has ever been disqualified from a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    1997 Schumy was disqualified from drivers championship .That's a record in itself, no other F1 driver has ever been disqualified from a championship.
    Schumacher has literally done it all in Formula 1. Driven for the greatest team, won so many races and championships, considered the GOAT by many, retired once and came back, controversies, disqualifications etc...
    Our strategies better be on point in 2019.

When someone is ahead of his time, and Michael was, people cannot explain the inexplicable and resort to things like "he must be cheating", 'this simply cannot be", etc.
    In simple words, "poor losers". And yes, this includes Ayrton.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I wish they would leave Schumacher and his legacy alone.
    What he accomplished and how his life in the spotlight ended already reads like a Greek tragedy, there is no need to take anything else away from him.
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

Quote Originally Posted by Grinsomx View Post
    I wish they would leave Schumacher and his legacy alone.
    What he accomplished and how his life in the spotlight ended already reads like a Greek tragedy, there is no need to take anything else away from him.
    Amen to that! So true. Very well said. That wish goes for Senna also.

Michael is GOAT, there is no other way of puting it. Hamilton just caught the best train, Michael created it, that's why he is the best. Not taking anything away from Senna, but his short career didn't allow him to become the best.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Michael is GOAT, there is no other way of puting it. Hamilton just caught the best train, Michael created it, that's why he is the best. Not taking anything away from Senna, but his short career didn't allow him to become the best.
    100%
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Well, I guess the FIA will have to go back to the beginning of GP racing & review every accusation by anyone of alleged cheating in any way that may have affected any race & invalidate all WDC & WCC titles until a full review has been completed

OR

Ignore idiotic like this.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

I totally agree with Ignore! F-1 fans in general watched and cheered for their favorite driver and team every race, and came back next race for more. The money making, maneuvering ; and under the table dealings will never stop. I for one am only interested in Charles and Seb winning and banging up points. What ever Mission Winnow is going to get into is not for fans to think about. Their in F-1 for the $$$, we fans are hear for the fun and enjoyment of seeing our guy and team.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Senna died racing. That didn't allow him to continue being the best. No one could do the poles record in the same time he did. Schumy for ex. had to come out of retirement to catch Senna's record. Lewis so far is up to 83! Will F-1 fans not acknowledge all Lewis records in the future because his career was too long? Will Lewis be "allowed " to be the best if he does break and establish new records in F-1 ?

I am interested in people's opinion on the Left Foot Braking theory contained within the opening post: https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/moto...SF40cUbs7Hw1-w

It is natural for some to be sceptical upon first reading that theory but it is explained in much more detail within a recently released book on the 1994 F1 season. This link contains some images of the relevant pages; https://www.alexmiedema.nl/2019/03/0...9r6bxdbfXVDzZw

Essentially the theory is connected with the semi-automatic gearbox which in 1994 was still new technology. Ferrari introduced it in 1989, and by 1992 both Williams & McLaren were using a semi-automatic gearbox whereas Benetton’s system was operational a year later. Because semi-automatic gearboxes didn’t require a clutch pedal/lever after the start, drivers could now modify their technique in ways that were previously not possible because F1 cars could now adopt 2 pedal layouts (not 3 pedals as before).

All the period magazines like Autosport etc indicates that by Aida 1994 out of all the F1 teams, only McLaren & Benetton had a 2 pedal layout in reality. I’ve also had it confirmed from a Williams mechanic the FW16 had a 3 pedal layout, and Mark Blundell has confirmed to me Left Foot Braking under heavily braking (like turn 1 in Aida) is impossible with a 3 pedal layout F1 car. We also know Schumacher was at the forefront of LFB (Left Foot Braking) at the time. Also worth noting that LFB wouldn't have been necessrily during the active suspension & electronic gizmo era. Of course all of that was banned for 1994 ;)

Interestingly in 1994 Hakkinen (the only other “confirmed” left foot braker I know in 1994) annihilated Brundle when they were teammates in the two pedal McLaren that year. Over the course of their 15 races together Hakkinen out qualified Brundle by an average of 4.73 places per race. Whereas in 1992, Schumacher out qualified Martin by an average of 2.69 places per race. Brundle recently admitted somewhere here:

https://www.youtube....h?v=0T_Kh1aEbpQ

“Then when I had to compete with Michael and Mika, it (right foot braking) was a hindrance because they could rotate the car into the slow corners and use their left foot on the brake and pick up the throttle and transfer between the two pedals. In a way that I just couldn’t do. So unfortunately that crash in Dallas (1984) was probably the key reason I underperformed (in F1).”

It is also worth noting at the time Senna thought he heard illegal TC on Schumacher's car, Senna was walking past the braking zone to turn 1.

So what is everyone’s thoughts on this theory based on the above?