Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 131

Thread: 2019 Melbourne(Oz) Pre-Race news

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,537
    Could this be the possible livery change on the SF90???

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1Uce03X0AE2PLK.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    7,833
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Could this be the possible livery change on the SF90???

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1Uce03X0AE2PLK.jpg
    me likey......
    ...the new SF90 in the MATTE RED, to me it looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    63
    Please guys help me. Sky has stopped f1 in new Zealand and this is the only sport I watch. How to watch all the practice qualifying and racevia streaming on my galaxy note 8. I also have a Samsung smart tv. Do I need a certain devise or a simple link will work. A telecom company has won the bid and they are supposed to offer live streaming at $22/m but there is no info available yet. Don't want to miss a single action

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    994
    Quote Originally Posted by FF1 View Post
    Please guys help me. Sky has stopped f1 in new Zealand and this is the only sport I watch. How to watch all the practice qualifying and racevia streaming on my galaxy note 8. I also have a Samsung smart tv. Do I need a certain devise or a simple link will work. A telecom company has won the bid and they are supposed to offer live streaming at $22/m but there is no info available yet. Don't want to miss a single action
    Live streaming for $22/m?!! Here in India, I can watch all Formula 1 sessions from practice to race live for $0.17 a month. Channel is Star Sports Select 2 HD. Last year price of this channel was around $1 a month but this year due to new regulations, price has dropped to $0.17 a month.

    You might have also heard of Reliance Jio, India's 4G network which is the largest in the world, also offers live TV app - Jio TV. They offer 650 channels free of cost to all people who have Jio Sim. When I am not in front of TV, I can easily open Jio TV app and watch Formula 1 live.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    6,398
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Live streaming for $22/m?!! Here in India, I can watch all Formula 1 sessions from practice to race live for $0.17 a month. Channel is Star Sports Select 2 HD. Last year price of this channel was around $1 a month but this year due to new regulations, price has dropped to $0.17 a month.

    You might have also heard of Reliance Jio, India's 4G network which is the largest in the world, also offers live TV app - Jio TV. They offer 650 channels free of cost to all people who have Jio Sim. When I am not in front of TV, I can easily open Jio TV app and watch Formula 1 live.
    How is this any help to him?

    "If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The netherlands
    Posts
    130
    Only a few more days left. Can't wait for it all to start again.

    I expect Ferrari to be really good and even as a Hamilton fan, I can safely say I won't mind Mercedes starting at the backfoot.
    Has anyone got the offical app or streaming service already and is it any good?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,537

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Cape Town ZA
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by FF1 View Post
    Please guys help me. Sky has stopped f1 in new Zealand and this is the only sport I watch. How to watch all the practice qualifying and racevia streaming on my galaxy note 8. I also have a Samsung smart tv. Do I need a certain devise or a simple link will work. A telecom company has won the bid and they are supposed to offer live streaming at $22/m but there is no info available yet. Don't want to miss a single action
    On Smart TV, download Mobdro App - https://www.mobdro.to/mobdro.apk
    Using this app will give you access to Sky Sports F1 in HD and SD
    There are no subscription fees
    Alternatively, download RedBoxTV, which will give you access to the same channels - https://apkpure.com/redbox-tv-pro/co...ayandroidnettv

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,709
    It's a bit much when true fans have such difficulty following their chosen sport only on pay-to-view channels, it's not what F1 needs at the present time and very short-sighted of these money-grabbing sods who appear to want to turn people off! I'm stupid enough to pay a ridiculous sum for Sky in the UK, but it's my only pleasure when it comes to sport.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    2,720
    I just found out that Channel 4 will only show the british GP this year. I also have RAI and i'm pretty sure they'll broadcast the Italian GP at least. No way am I paying a fee to watch the other races though, sorry.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I just found out that Channel 4 will only show the british GP this year. I also have RAI and i'm pretty sure they'll broadcast the Italian GP at least. No way am I paying a fee to watch the other races though, sorry.
    I miss the old RAI F1 days with Mazzoni, Ivan Capelli, Sergio Piola, Stella Bruno etc.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,709
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Could this be the possible livery change on the SF90???

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1Uce03X0AE2PLK.jpg
    I like this, really makes a point that the Prancing Horse can fight a raging bull and a bratwurst.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaqq View Post
    On Smart TV, download Mobdro App - https://www.mobdro.to/mobdro.apk
    Using this app will give you access to Sky Sports F1 in HD and SD
    There are no subscription fees
    Alternatively, download RedBoxTV, which will give you access to the same channels - https://apkpure.com/redbox-tv-pro/co...ayandroidnettv
    Thanks a lot

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Macedonia(FYROM)
    Posts
    684
    New fuels and engine oils for Australia....

    https://drivetribe.com/p/f1-shell-st...RhucHwv0KvfMcQ

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    10,231
    Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post
    New fuels and engine oils for Australia....

    https://drivetribe.com/p/f1-shell-st...RhucHwv0KvfMcQ
    Awesome
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    10,231
    The Legendary Seb is in Australia




    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Diamond Head
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post
    New fuels and engine oils for Australia....

    https://drivetribe.com/p/f1-shell-st...RhucHwv0KvfMcQ
    I think this is a great story.... because I don't believe a word of it
    I'm hoping Ferrari have a lot more performance to unleash and they want teams looking in the wrong direction.

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    473
    Well, what they can do is reduce the density of the fuel. If the total race fuel is, lets say 100kg, if they reduce the density, but same performance, then, you might have 98kg, or 97kg, which would mean, carrying 2 to 3kg less for the whole race. Which is about 1 lap less of fuel! It is a lot, better for chassis and performance of the engine, plus for the tires. But I dont know if thats the case. Maybe like some people said, it might be just a decoy, for teams, especially MB looking other direction.

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    10,231
    Quote Originally Posted by enjaybel3 View Post
    I think this is a great story.... because I don't believe a word of it
    I'm hoping Ferrari have a lot more performance to unleash and they want teams looking in the wrong direction.
    Lol id like a bit of misdirection tbh

    ----

    the article says they believe a further step will be announced once Melbourne comes from the Belgium formula last year, so nothing confirmed yet, i do hope its a major improvement if we start with less or have less fuel saving that will be huge.

    But 20% sounds a bit too much , i hope its more though, Does alfa & haas use shell too?
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    10,231
    Im hoping that we have a full dry calender this year lol, please lordy no rain, i see rain to the car akin to the way they show garlic is to vampires,

    but so far so good ,Hopefully its cool and not hot either for cooling purposes

    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    994
    I think the team to beat is still Mercedes - Mattia Binotto

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    26
    Lol of course he is going to say that! He is taking a play out of Toto's book to deflect the attention away from the team. Better to under promise and over deliver than the opposite! No point of re-posting such a non-important piece of wording when everyone knows his intentions behind his comment.

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,537
    So here's the SF90 with the new livery--> rear wing, engine cover, front wing and both end plates front and back.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1eM8eiWoAAAw7H.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,537
    Scuderia letter regarding the 90 year logo.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1eP_vRWwAYW_w9.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    11,757
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So here's the SF90 with the new livery--> rear wing, engine cover, front wing and both end plates front and back.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1eM8eiWoAAAw7H.jpg
    Way better than Mission winnow!

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,709
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Scuderia letter regarding the 90 year logo.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1eP_vRWwAYW_w9.jpg
    Looks much better without all the Mission Winnow branding on the car IMO, but I would have preferred the prancing horse logo as shown in post #31.

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    2,969
    Wow I guess I missed this:

    Self-inspection
    On Thursdays, teams have had to bring their cars to the FIA garage to let the governing body check the legality of their machines. That will change for 2019, with the FIA leaving the teams to scrutineer their cars themselves.

    Every outfit has to submit a declaration no longer than 18 hours before the start of the first free practice session to state that their cars fully comply with the regulations. The FIA still has the right to inspect cars at any point over F1 weekends and the governing body will scrutineer cars during the post-sessions checks.

    I expect a few shenanigans because of this... I wonder why it was changed? even if the FIA have to inspect after the race, there might be some clever way around it... I'm looking squarely at Merc lol...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

  28. #58
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    7,833
    yup, too bad is just a ONE OFF.....mission winnnow will come back after the first race.....:(
    ...the new SF90 in the MATTE RED, to me it looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  29. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Wow I guess I missed this:

    Self-inspection
    On Thursdays, teams have had to bring their cars to the FIA garage to let the governing body check the legality of their machines. That will change for 2019, with the FIA leaving the teams to scrutineer their cars themselves.

    Every outfit has to submit a declaration no longer than 18 hours before the start of the first free practice session to state that their cars fully comply with the regulations. The FIA still has the right to inspect cars at any point over F1 weekends and the governing body will scrutineer cars during the post-sessions checks.

    I expect a few shenanigans because of this... I wonder why it was changed? even if the FIA have to inspect after the race, there might be some clever way around it... I'm looking squarely at Merc lol...
    oh man. This is going to be a farce. The teams can say their car is legal. Then, have all type of things. It can be like VW, when it goes to the real FIA, it miraculously changes shape or an auxiliary fuel tank, or an oil tank, or a missing ballast magically appears on the car. This is just asking teams to cheat themselves. Its messed up.

  30. #60
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    922
    Cheat then you are caught out and then punished at your perril I say teams will throw other teams under the bus on the slightest whim that that they are cheating it works on an honesty and integrity system be honest or your done it's the classic good cop bad cop syndrome.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •