Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Melbourne(Oz) Pre-Race news

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Cheat then you are caught out and then punished at your perril I say teams will throw other teams under the bus on the slightest whim that that they are cheating it works on an honesty and integrity system be honest or your done it's the classic good cop bad cop syndrome.
    You can bet that if Ferrari are in fact ahead of Merc this weekend they will be crying and calling the FIA to scrutinize our car.
    Much like last year, the will stop at nothing to deem our car illegal - if they can’t beat us, they cut our wings.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Merc saying they could change aero design by Spain, no doubt they already starting on a 'C' spec car. Hopefully by that time ferrai are 2-3 months of development ahead

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...ain_GP__Wolff/

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Merc saying they could change aero design by Spain, no doubt they already starting on a 'C' spec car. Hopefully by that time ferrai are 2-3 months of development ahead

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...ain_GP__Wolff/
    yeah, seems Toto and Co. are shaking in their boots.....taht spec A and B so far are NOT up to par of the mighty SF90......oh, i SOOOOOOOO hope it's true.....

but i can't trust that Toto Wolf in sheep's clothing as far as i can throw him
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Lol they look so confused on stage, webber as usual very annoying
    Last edited by mwk360; 13th March 2019 at 07:04.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yeah, seems Toto and Co. are shaking in their boots.....taht spec A and B so far are NOT up to par of the mighty SF90......oh, i SOOOOOOOO hope it's true.....

but i can't trust that Toto Wolf in sheep's clothing as far as i can throw him
    he is the king of misdirection, wouldnt be surprised they have 4 spec cars ready to go by china

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Wow I guess I missed this:

Self-inspection
    On Thursdays, teams have had to bring their cars to the FIA garage to let the governing body check the legality of their machines. That will change for 2019, with the FIA leaving the teams to scrutineer their cars themselves.

Every outfit has to submit a declaration no longer than 18 hours before the start of the first free practice session to state that their cars fully comply with the regulations. The FIA still has the right to inspect cars at any point over F1 weekends and the governing body will scrutineer cars during the post-sessions checks.

I expect a few shenanigans because of this... I wonder why it was changed? even if the FIA have to inspect after the race, there might be some clever way around it... I'm looking squarely at Merc lol...
    WOW why would they be so lackadaisical about it, if a team is caught doing something sketchy all the points they got using those methods will still stand but they'l be told to stop or change and it will be too late, looks like Merc and Newey territory to game the system with these check procedures

As Mr binotto says mercedes are favorites in Melbourne for race win you have to admire the man and his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    I mean guys, this is overkill. American hype! Just dont like this stupid stuff. Just get in the car and drive. If they really want to get kids involved, get kids in for free during the whole weekend and let them have full access to teams and if they are interested, have them help with some little things. Not this BS. I am sorry guys, its just overkill. Too much talk. Every one is overly excited, "Fakexitied". Bernie would not have done any stupid things like this. And he had more people viewing.

i believe Hamilton has had 7 poles in australia, including the last 5 years:

let's hope we can break that trend come Saturday.

Kringeworthy!!! Oh man! This is boring!! Who is doing that fake smoke thing, its ridiculous.

In those glasses - Harry Potter. Hope LEC can do magic too.
    Trying to be less angry..

I like what they did here. I'm sure they will improve on this first effort, but getting the public much closer to the teams and drivers is a great move. It is something that was lost when they stopped free testing. Back in those days you could go hang around a track and nearby and get very close to the teams, cars and drivers. It is what people want and I think they need to do alot more of these type of events. Get the drivers, teams and cars as close as possible to the public. Well done by everyone invovled, it must have been hard for them being the first time, so I'd like to offer my thanks to all those who staged the event, the commentators etc for making it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Kringeworthy!!! Oh man! This is boring!! Who is doing that fake smoke thing, its ridiculous.
    at 5:55. Vettel takes off and leaves Leclerc to deal with the media. His grin just screams "Sorry, bro!"

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    I think the team to beat is still Mercedes - Mattia Binotto
    Yep, playing a Toto Wolff game. He is awesome.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Binotto knows how to get into Hamilton's head and mercedes really what has changed we are chasing mercedes after all they are the champions they will be very very strong in Melbourne you can't help but just love the guy a totally different head space to arrivabene.

Melbourne 2019 poster (Ferrari)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1i3jEiXQAAhCzn.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post

I really disliked what they did with the fading and stripes from the images. Gave me headaches.

Plenty of panadol in Melbourne if pain persists see your doctor.

[AMuS]

Mercedes has brought a new front wing to test this weekend.
    Mercedes new front wing is similar to the Ferrari solution.
    Red Bull has announced big aero update.
    According to information from AMuS, no big package (update) coming from Ferrari this weekend.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Ferrari's big package up date is Charles !

Charlie Whiting has passed away

RIP

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...g_passes_away/

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    [AMuS]

According to information from AMuS, no big package (update) coming from Ferrari this weekend.
    Ferrari don't NEED a big package update.....because Ferrari is the team to beat.....and Mercedes are shaking in their boots and and are doing everything possibe to try an catch FERRARI....with ferrari like front wing, spec B, C,D car.....they have finally realized that the MIGHTY FERRARI TEAM IS BACK.....back where we belong, AT THE TOP!!!!!
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

[AMuS]

That sucks. Ugh i thought we learnt from last year about how important it is to constantly update. Merc already bringing updates that seem to work perfectly for them everytime and newey is already bringing big updates that were planned for china.

That sucks. Ugh i thought we learnt from last year about how important it is to constantly update. Merc already bringing updates that seem to work perfectly for them everytime and newey is already bringing big updates that were planned for china.
    This is the theme for past few years, isn't it? Merc now bringing a third front wing, Red Bull brought forward their major update. And Ferrari brings absolutely nothing, this is why Mercedes keeps on winning. Merc and Red Bull keep on bringing some sort of updates every single race weekend and by the time Binotto will bring one, it may not work at all. Disappointing.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...c2Ex8FBQP.html

Very sad news. RIP Charlie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[AMuS]

Smells like panicked at Mercedes to me [emoji16]
    As everyone explained before, the front wing solution effects the whole car so it's not easy to swap. They must be working on a spec 2 car like mad fearing to be caught on 1 foot.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I don’t know why everytime you are too much frustrated when other team brings updates & we don’t.
    Don’t you think in other way, like merc first two spec solutions haven’t produced benefit to them. That’s why they want to change their spec ferrari style. Do you know even this works for them ???
    RB bringing update to this race because they want to be ahead of merc or Ferrari as early as possible. As reliability is a concern for them. Initially it was planned for China, but due to some reason they are brining it now.