Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 131

Thread: 2019 Melbourne(Oz) Pre-Race news

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,222

    2019 Melbourne(Oz) Pre-Race news

    It's not how start but how you finish.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    10,231
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Nice!! happy leclerc and seb have slight variation, gives us chance to gather more data on c2 that we might'v missed out on with the bunch of reliability failures we had in testing
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    2,441
    Ferrari to feature “a surprise for the fans” on Australian GP livery
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,222
    ^^^^^ White with a blue stripe in leu of a protest???? (1964)^^^^
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,222

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,222
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Will they do that on race day??

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    10,231
    Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Will they do that on race day??
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,507
    They did, 15 years ago haha.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    637
    Brilliant binotto he knows how to read and play Lewis Hamilton brilliant return serve mercedes are the team to beat in Melbourne well done.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,047
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Brilliant binotto he knows how to read and play Lewis Hamilton brilliant return serve mercedes are the team to beat in Melbourne well done.
    Yep, deflecting the attention back to Merc

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Brilliant binotto he knows how to read and play Lewis Hamilton brilliant return serve mercedes are the team to beat in Melbourne well done.
    This is what was missing with Arrivabene. Guess I spelt his name wrong.
    Red is the only color!!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,047
    Hopefully Ferrari make a wiser choice with tyre choices this season.

    I remember last year, Vettel and Kimi should pretty much take the same tyre allocation. Sometimes Ferrari should go extreme with the tyre selection and take the softest rubber.

    Come race day, the softest was not the best tyre for the race but the other ones which we lacked

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,511
    Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Hopefully Ferrari make a wiser choice with tyre choices this season.

    I remember last year, Vettel and Kimi should pretty much take the same tyre allocation. Sometimes Ferrari should go extreme with the tyre selection and take the softest rubber.

    Come race day, the softest was not the best tyre for the race but the other ones which we lacked
    Good point, but presumably the 'simpler' tyre compounds for 2019 shouldn't have quite such a positive or negative effect and I think we need to be less extreme.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    7,225
    Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    This is what was missing with Arrivabene. Guess I spelt his name wrong.
    You almost spelled right....it’s actually spelled Arrivederci
    ...the new SF90 in the MATTE RED, to me it looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    172
    Confirmed for Melbourne. Point for the fastest lap only if you finish in the top ten.
    Our strategies better be on point in 2019.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    Confirmed for Melbourne. Point for the fastest lap only if you finish in the top ten.
    I don't like this idea at all, just another gimmick and I wouldn't want it for pole either, although it would be more deserving. Having said that, in 2008 with a point for fastest lap in the race, Felipe Massa would have been WDC over HAM!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    hong kong
    Posts
    1,376
    Don't like the fastest lap idea at all. Makes no sense. Whats next ? A point for the highest number of overtakes? laps lead ?
    Really hope it doesn't get final approval.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    697
    Point for fastest lap will help the driver in 6th position the most. As top 3 teams are in a class of their own so the slowest among them will be ahead by more than a pit stop time so can pit one lap before the penultimate lap and go for fastest lap so drivers in front can't respond.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    2,351
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I don't like this idea at all, just another gimmick and I wouldn't want it for pole either, although it would be more deserving. Having said that, in 2008 with a point for fastest lap in the race, Felipe Massa would have been WDC over HAM!
    wow i didn't realize that

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,222
    Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Don't like the fastest lap idea at all. Makes no sense. Whats next ? A point for the highest number of overtakes? laps lead ?
    Really hope it doesn't get final approval.
    F1 used to do this back in the 50's....fyi. So in this instance, they brought it back.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,222

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    hong kong
    Posts
    1,376
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    F1 used to do this back in the 50's....fyi. So in this instance, they brought it back.
    Doesn't mean they have to bring it back.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,222
    Ferrari arrival.....2 slides in the instagram photo

    https://www.instagram.com/p/Buzwu2fA...d=m5wh1ye8w27c
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I don't like this idea at all, just another gimmick and I wouldn't want it for pole either, although it would be more deserving. Having said that, in 2008 with a point for fastest lap in the race, Felipe Massa would have been WDC over HAM!
    It also would have depended on the fastest lap point distribution throughout the entire season, but still a good point.


    Disappointed Since 2010

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,222

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    It also would have depended on the fastest lap point distribution throughout the entire season, but still a good point.
    I get that, but it goes to show how it could affect the outcome of the championship. Felipe was always my 2008 WDC anyway!

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,222
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,222
    Sky Italia’s Barbara Pedrotti will be at Melbourne.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1Tkm52WwAI13W2.jpg


    more cargo arriving from CargoLogistics Air ala 747.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1Tss2EWkAAf0ro.jpg


    Attention Aussie customers.....No 2019 Mission Winnow teamwear. Sorry for any inconvenience.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1Tss2DXgAAoyY5.jpg



    pics of the cargo ladden pit lane and grid start area.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1T8YX1UwAAQCX2.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1T8w3lUYAAuu6J.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1T9YYRU8AAfYUR.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1T9vxiV4AAb_7F.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1T-UzAVAAEr5I-.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    61
    Hi guys. Sky is not going to show formula 1 in New Zealand. Any good streams for all practice qualifying and the races to work on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Thanks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •