Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Australian GP: Practices and Qualifying

As a none Ferrari fan, I am bumped Ferrari was so far behind, but I think Mercedes is not this much faster in race trim. Season looks promising. It will at least be a great battle for 2nd with Bottas, Max and Vettel.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SmilexTec...124235264?s=19

So apparently the info is our PU was running in safe mode,I see it in two ways

1.they are lying
    2.they are completely incompetent, after all the testing you show with an faulty PU
    Thats even worse cause that means we have unreliability issues ontop of no pace. I saw we brought a new bonnet to cope with the overheating issues. So maybe PU is over heating

Or lina is too lean for her own good
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Well it seems that f1 in it's current state is only for mercedes why bother?2021 a whole new ball game but until then this will be painful unless something gives even Hamilton will think it's a snooze fest with ease they will smash all records and Ferrari will just have to wait binnoto Ferrari and f1 needs a miracle.

What, a safemode?? It is crazy!
    I hope for our sake, even how stupid it is, that this story is true. Its better to have this PU problem than to have a whole chassis problem. Pu, we can fix. Chassis is a huge problem to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    You used the wrong word there, it's called realistic rather than pessimistic.
    Realistically, Ferrari was the better car for at least 50% of the season and they started behind Mercedes in Melbourne as well.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Well it seems that f1 in it's current state is only for mercedes why bother?2021 a whole new ball game but until then this will be painful unless something gives even Hamilton will think it's a snooze fest with ease they will smash all records and Ferrari will just have to wait binnoto Ferrari and f1 needs a miracle.
    Lol thats why i thought ferrari should go full time development for 2021 do we can dominate from then on. Fighting for 2nd best car every year is so depressing. If we get a jump on the 2021 regs we can be mercedes dominant from then on too
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

And this isn't even the end, Max is alongside Seb. He will have to give up P3 tomorrow or Max will crash into him. And once Max is ahead of him, Ferrari's superior race pace will not be enough to overtake on this track.
    That is quite ironic, because Vettel caused more crashes and threw away the title last year.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    What, a safemode?? It is crazy!
    I hope for our sake, even how stupid it is, that this story is true. Its better to have this PU problem than to have a whole chassis problem. Pu, we can fix. Chassis is a huge problem to fix.
    In ur opinion what do you think is the issue. The pu safe mode thing sounds extremely idiotic but seb did suffer engine safe mode issues in brazil. But seb said today they match on straights but lose in all cornering to me that doesnt sound like pu. And he said there pace was a shock

Dont believe in PU safe mode stories one bit. Why would Binotto and Vettel be surprised then? Except in case safe mode is ~0.1s.

As far as pace goes, Merc reminds me of SF70H, very direct and fast in changes of directions. Not AS planted as Ferrari, but more speed through corner and faster changes of direction (that look oversteering biased) will do that. Ferrari looks planted, as in, like a boat. Understeering cars are naturally more planted as car just cannot react to drivers inputs as well (look at steering angle and Vettel not hitting apexes).

Now this might be duo to tire temps as well, Ferrari not finding their feet here wouldnt be first time, so I will wait for Bahrain, but first impressions are extremely dissapointing.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Dont believe in PU safe mode stories one bit. Why would Binotto and Vettel be surprised then? Except in case safe mode is ~0.1s.

As far as pace goes, Merc reminds me of SF70H, very direct and fast in changes of directions. Not AS planted as Ferrari, but more speed through corner and faster changes of direction (that look oversteering biased) will do that. Ferrari looks planted, as in, like a boat. Understeering cars are naturally more planted as car just cannot react to drivers inputs as well (look at steering angle and Vettel not hitting apexes).

Now this might be duo to tire temps as well, Ferrari not finding their feet here wouldnt be first time, so I will wait for Bahrain, but first impressions are extremely dissapointing.
    Similar thoughts. May be it’s down to tyre + track.

Our S3 was actually our most competitive sector, which is surprise. Grosjean only 0.05s slower in S2, I think its more our car not working as good as in testing, then Merc being stratosphere ahead.

Ups, Sorry guys.

try to copy qualy maximum speeds from FIA.com

WE ARE TO SLOW !

Alfa was second fastest. I saw on Reddit information that Ferrari was probably using a detuned engine because of reliability problems. And to compensate for this, a lower downforce

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Alfa was second fastest. I saw on Reddit information that Ferrari was probably using a detuned engine because of reliability problems. And to compensate for this, a lower downforce
    Yep, Seb with more DF than Lec.

Although last year we were down by roughly the same margin in Qualy, we finished it in P2 and P3. That put us in a position to put pressure on Hamilton, with Kimi keeping him honest and making him not save to much and we got a lucky break with Seb and the safety car. Vettel was able to hang on without much trouble, with Hamilton making mistakes and we got the win. Now with us 3rd and 5th and with rear gunner Bottas in 2nd, I can't see that happening. Hamilton will most likely run into the sunset. The good thing is that Australia is a awkward track and last year we grabbed pole in the next race, so hopefully we will be more competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Smintlemon View Post
    Yep, Seb with more DF than Lec.
    That would explain why it was so small difference between Seb and Charles, I was expecting like 0.5-0.7 and it was 0.25

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    In ur opinion what do you think is the issue. The pu safe mode thing sounds extremely idiotic but seb did suffer engine safe mode issues in brazil. But seb said today they match on straights but lose in all cornering to me that doesnt sound like pu. And he said there pace was a shock
    Its hard to say. I think they have problem with the tiers or something happened from testing to here. I dont know why Haas improved 1.4 seconds and we did not improve so much from last year. Haas also has a similar wing to US if I am not mistaken. I think its down to not finding the right balance with the tires and the car. Maybe the car works better on harder tires. Its very hard to say it now. If you look at it, Mercedes improved about 1.1 seconds, if you count Hamilton loosing .4 in first sector, lets give .3 for that.
    So, how come we only improved .6 and mercedes improved 1.1 and Haas improved 1.4. Even Alfa Romeo improved I think, I didnt compare the times. So, we have not set up the car correctly. We are only .1 faster than Honda with our PU? Something is not right. Maybe the "4 wheel steer" thing is working well for Mercedes here. I think its more about them using the brakes and the engine control system to fine tune rear brakes. I think Ferrari can implement it. But, we will see tomorrow. Today was not a good day, but it doesnt look good for the championship if we are this behind tomorrow. Also, maybe they copied the Ferrari system for their PU with two batteries and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    So keeping Raikkonen would've given us Pole? You're beloved Raikkonen on P9 behind Norris.
    Your beloved Ferrari behind Merc - again. Can't stop about Kimi even now?

But still I would like to see Ferrari winning this year, even when some of the supporters are just misearable negative poison.

Seb's speed on straights was horrible, right there with Kubica at the very bottom. Speed trap, Finish Line, Intermediate 1 and 2, Vettel was always in the bottom 6.

Leclerc was fastest at finish line with speed of 308 but at the end of straight, he was down in 13th place. But Haas wasn't that much slower than Seb (6 tenths) which probably shows that engine is fine but Ferrari cannot deploy it at full power as of now which Haas can. Running into cooling issues?
    Last edited by chinmay; 16th March 2019 at 12:04.

Seb's speed on straights was horrible, right there with Kubica at the very bottom. Speed trap, Finish Line, Intermediate 1 and 2, Vettel was always in the bottom 6.

Leclerc was fastest at finish line with speed of 308 but at the end of straight, he was down in 13th place. But Haas wasn't that much slower than Seb (6 tenths) which probably shows that engine is fine but Ferrari cannot deploy it at full power as of now which Haas can. Running into cooling issues?
    Wt abt haas speed ?? I saw kimi reporting no power in q3 lap.
    https://youtu.be/qDLBs5fJvow

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    The bumpy nature of this track should be one of the factor behind the result, the tyre problems as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ferenc_k View Post
    The bumpy nature of this track should be one of the factor behind the result, the tyre problems as well.
    Seb said there were no tyre problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Wt abt haas speed ?? I saw kimi reporting no power in q3 lap.
    https://youtu.be/qDLBs5fJvow
    Both Grosjean and Magnussen were slower than Leclerc by a touch but always faster than Seb. Alfa Romeo topped speed charts.

Seb lost 3 tenths to Mercedes in 1st sector, 3 tenths in 2nd sector but less than a tenth in final sector.

Seb said there were no tyre problems at all.
    Then it will come down to set-up. Ferrari didn’t find the right config on this track yet.

Seb lost 3 tenths to Mercedes in 1st sector, 3 tenths in 2nd sector but less than a tenth in final sector.
    Slow corners in sector 3. It was speed what was missing in straights today, I guess.

Both Grosjean and Magnussen were slower than Leclerc by a touch but always faster than Seb. Alfa Romeo topped speed charts.
    But kimi was reporting no power ????