Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Australian GP: Practices and Qualifying

After watching the humiliating Q3 show, I'm warming up to the idea of rooting for Honda. Max is shaping up to be the potential challenger to Stuttgart. Whether by sheer talent or bumper car attitude, Max will certainly pose a tangible threat to the Mercs. As far as our boys, the "upgrades" Ferrari will introduce over the season will inevitably lead to a slower, less competitive car. We need a younger, fresher version of Ross Brawn to reverse this path to irrelevance.

Quote Originally Posted by h3ro View Post
    This place is a joke. Racism like this must be fine by moderation.

It's a sport and Ferrari aren't on top. You're using this sport as a place to spew rampant racist nonsense. Great job.

This forum is a shell of it's former self. 12 years ago, nonsense like this never flew unmoderated. Disgusting.
    Calm down, mods are not here 24 hours a day, use the report post function and we will deal with it ASAP.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Thanks, it does not look good.
    Car looks good. No sliding no corrections. And seb keeps smiling after qualy. PU issues or cooling issues seems to be true, maybe no party mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Smintlemon View Post
    Car looks good. No sliding no corrections. And seb keeps smiling after qualy. PU issues or cooling issues seems to be true, maybe no party mode.
    Car looks slow, hopefully some problems that can be fixed fast.

Ratboy?

That's a disgusting term and you should be ashamed as describing another human being as such.

They're faster at this time of the season. Get over it. No need to talk like an
    You’re really reaching there...since when is calling someone a rat racist? Get off your politically correct, offended by everything soapbox. No one brought race into the chat but you. Am I displeased with Ferrari’s performance- yes, do I dislike Hamilton and his lies/antics - yes, do I care about the colour of his skin - NO.

Get over it.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I'm over it. You should know however, if you're unaware, that in many parts of the world, including the Midwestern and Southern US, ratboy is a common phrase used to demean those with brown skin. Basically a 'safe' way to use the N word.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Calm down, mods are not here 24 hours a day, use the report post function and we will deal with it ASAP.
    Thank you. I'm just tired of hearing and dealing with such things, especially in light of the NZ shootings. I've had some real life incidents with race/skin color that have lead me to react as I did.

Back on track, I'm hoping Charles isn't taken out by Max in Turn 1. He will definitely be playing bumper cars with someone. Forza Scuderia.

I'm over it. You should know however, if you're unaware, that in many parts of the world, including the Midwestern and Southern US, ratboy is a common phrase used to demean those with brown skin. Basically a 'safe' way to use the N word.
    I didn’t take it as racist. Just a vulgar statement that shows that the person is a looser who attempts to gain something back by the lowest means possible,

Back on track, I'm hoping Charles isn't taken out by Max in Turn 1. He will definitely be playing bumper cars with someone. Forza Scuderia.
    That is my fear aswell, but I think it’ll be more with Seb. Max thinks it’s his year and might be rash, let’s hope he’s grown up over Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Thanks, it does not look good.
    It’s like vettel doing race sim on Sunday. Car looks stable but very slow that’s it.

isn't there a high probability of a SC in Melbourne?

Its slow because it understeers. That means car wont turn in until it regains required speed(lower). For F1 this is bad because with oversteering car you can throw it around and correct mid corner if you go too fast (say 270kmh at apex), but with understeering car, while it might look stable, it looks that way because you get into corner at 270kmh but since car wont handle steering lock, you are passanger until speed drops down (say 10-15kmh) and car is drivable again.

So, understeer takes away control of car but gives "stability", only because cornering takes longer. Oversteer gives you ability to correct it mid corner and keep up your speed. Last year we had some understeer as well, this time (might be tires) we got more. Sf70H had none of it actually. Very nimble and oversteery.

What a disgusting forum to see people defending such blatant racist slurs. I’m off!

Not gonna lie, I'm really disappointed with this result...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

You’ve got to be kidding me? I will repeat this one last time...it was never intended as racist comment. Where I come from not everything is “black/white”. I called him a rat simply because he is a liar and a cheat in my eyes. That’s all. End it.

Let’s get back to Ferrari chat please.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Wow, what the hell happened to this thread?

Can we get back on topic please?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

There are rumors, Ferrari was running their PUs on Safe mode to avoid reliability problems. In order to compensate that, we're running on low downforce setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post

We need a like button. Otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    There are rumors, Ferrari was running their PUs on Safe mode to avoid reliability problems. In order to compensate that, we're running on low downforce setup.
    Yeah I heard that, I’m not sure.
    1. That would smack of incompetence and Binotti doesn’t seem that. Plus if they had they wouldn’t be shocked at their performance.

Personally I think it’s down to the track. Tight corners and what darkchild said that wasn’t displayed in testing.
    Go to another track and they’ll either be level or on top.

I also think Merc have improved and the track suits them.

If it’s still the same after 2 more races then panic

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post

Until tmrw’s race, This banter will go on.
    Anyways coming to race, I’m not keeping any hopes. At max we can get P3, until n unless we are safe into turn1.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Yeah I heard that, I’m not sure.
    1. That would smack of incompetence and Binotti doesn’t seem that. Plus if they had they wouldn’t be shocked at their performance.

Personally I think it’s down to the track. Tight corners and what darkchild said that wasn’t displayed in testing.
    Go to another track and they’ll either be level or on top.

I also think Merc have improved and the track suits them.

If it’s still the same after 2 more races then panic
    Yeah seeing Binotto reaction, they (ferrari) expected to be performed a lot. But it didn’t, I think they will analyse it after the race.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Anyone seen this? It’s shocking.

Side by side with Lewis
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=3gNzoy1hmSA
    Well it looked like the Ferrari had a plow attached to its back. I hope we didn't return to 2014-2016 era.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Well it looked like the Ferrari had a plow attached to its back. I hope we didn't return to 2014-2016 era.
    I'm afraid that's what it will be. Then in 2021, expect the same.

Mercedes are light years ahead when it comes to working with new regulations. They have immense resources and obviously a more clever staff. We will have to wait till after 3 races or so to see if this 8 tenth gap is legitimate, but if it is, 8 tenths is nearly impossible to claw back, especially since Mercedes is better at development too.

My optimism for this season is all but wiped out after that session and Vettel's comments on Mercedes being much faster in the corners. I wonder whether the reduced maximum downforce from the wing is the main reason or whether it's setup related. Either way, it does not look good for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    My optimism for this season is all but wiped out after that session and Vettel's comments on Mercedes being much faster in the corners. I wonder whether the reduced maximum downforce from the wing is the main reason or whether it's setup related. Either way, it does not look good for tomorrow.
    Yes, mine too. But have to take into account a fact that we have never been good in Aus, and Merc where known for blunders in each season they competed (Monaco 2017 and Singapore, us last Singapore as well). Plus Vettel said feeling was not as good as in testing, so there is a pace in car there.

I will wait for Bahrain and China, but I am not optimistic.
    Last edited by darkchild; 16th March 2019 at 17:27.

I can't tell if I'm more embarrassed by Ferrari's performance or the immature name calling of our rivals AND the resulting sanctimonious faux outrage. You know who you are and need to get over yourselves.

Disappointed Since 2010

No, it's not. Stop making stuff up to defend your position. A quick Google search yields nothing racist. It's immature, not racist.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I'm afraid that's what it will be. Then in 2021, expect the same.

Mercedes are light years ahead when it comes to working with new regulations. They have immense resources and obviously a more clever staff. We will have to wait till after 3 races or so to see if this 8 tenth gap is legitimate, but if it is, 8 tenths is nearly impossible to claw back, especially since Mercedes is better at development too.
    On the staff front it is all change at Merc next year

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/44804343

This is the last Costa and Ellis car

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Also, it is not the front wing. You dont loose speed on the straights because of the wing, I think its the engine, during the corners, its ok, stays level most of the time. Braking and acceleration and straights, it looses speed. Its the engine.
    It must be the engine, we did lose 0.342 in Sector 1 and there are 3 "long" straights.