Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Australian GP: Practices and Qualifying

Let's wait for Seb's comment after FP2. Last year, whenever Ferrari had a chance, it reflected in his comments post FP2.

For me Ferrari's qualy run was irrelevant. High fuel loads not a great first sector either. Given how they have always run on Fridays we never push whenever we do get on top on Friday on Saturday we get out-qualified. I know it is a Mercedes track but we will be very close in Q3! I hope kimi can out qualify one of the redbulls though.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumir9 View Post
    For me Ferrari's qualy run was irrelevant. High fuel loads not a great first sector either. Given how they have always run on Fridays we never push whenever we do get on top on Friday on Saturday we get out-qualified. I know it is a Mercedes track but we will be very close in Q3! I hope kimi can out qualify one of the redbulls though.
    Tbh i do think we are slightly closer than 0.8s in quali runs, but the long runs worries me a lot, that usually shows better picture and we usually closer to merc even in fp2
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

What the hell is this, just saw the FP2 times, we are no were near Merc on quali lap or long runs!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    What the hell is this, just saw the FP2 times, we are no were near Merc on quali lap or long runs!!!!
    they always sandbag in testing
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Williams' fastest lap in #AusGP FP2

2018: 1:25.543
    2019: 1:26.453

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    they always sandbag in testing
    Didn't do it last year
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Helmut Marko fears that Mercedes played with everyone during testing and now showed their real pace.
    Mercedes says that Verstappen was only slow because he had traffic

Who is he kidding? We all know toto wolf and Hamilton tend to do this for 2 years now they let everyone think Ferrari is the fastest and then boom legendary comeback story.. Get out of here helmut.. Sure verstappen had traffic still 3rd best in race simulation

i believe this is a ferrari tyre with signs that we have balance or tyre wear issues here

Who is he kidding? We all know toto wolf and Hamilton tend to do this for 2 years now they let everyone think Ferrari is the fastest and then boom legendary comeback story.. Get out of here helmut.. Sure verstappen had traffic still 3rd best in race simulation
    ^ this 100%

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1rqMrPU8AAW1D_.jpg

i believe this is a ferrari tyre with signs that we have balance or tyre wear issues here
    Was this on the soft?

^ this 100%
    You are all forgetting that this year we have a NEW team boss, NEW way of doing things so just wait and have faith

Absolutely nobody is convinced that Ferrari are behind and in FP2 you could even say that even the RedBulls hid their true pace for a change!

Dont know really but the gap between Vettel and Kimi was just 0,1 in this year practice, and we are 0,8 behind Mercedes. Last year the Sauber was 2,3 second off Vettel at FP2. So if we take into account, that we are at least 1 second faster than Alfa Romeo, which should be at least the case. I think we are hiding something big, or we are really so slow, the question is how much can we turn it up tomorrow. I am still optimistic, because our car is more based and will be better at tracks with low-drag, and long straights, it should be at least the case.

Forza, but dont know what happened today really.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    You are all forgetting that this year we have a NEW team boss, NEW way of doing things so just wait and have faith

Absolutely nobody is convinced that Ferrari are behind and in FP2 you could even say that even the RedBulls hid their true pace for a change!
    Been saying it all day when you have leclerc matching vettel on hard tyres you know we have more pace in that car! And since when did we turn the engines up on Friday? Did everyone forget Ferrari is on cruising mode on Friday as they have been almost every weekend last year? Let the simulator work get done over night have the car dialed in and then see how close or far we are at the end of fp3

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Dont know really but the gap between Vettel and Kimi was just 0,1 in this year practice, and we are 0,8 behind Mercedes. Last year the Sauber was 2,3 second off Vettel at FP2. So if we take into account, that we are at least 1 second faster than Alfa Romeo, which should be at least the case. I think we are hiding something big, or we are really so slow, the question is how much can we turn it up tomorrow. I am still optimistic, because our car is more based and will be better at tracks with low-drag, and long straights, it should be at least the case.

Forza, but dont know what happened today really.
    if we are this slow, we are 2014 slow and i find that hard to believe

Been saying it all day when you have leclerc matching vettel on hard tyres you know we have more pace in that car! And since when did we turn the engines up on Friday? Did everyone forget Ferrari is on cruising mode on Friday as they have been almost every weekend last year? Let the simulator work get done over night have the car dialed in and then see how close or far we are at the end of fp3
    And Binotto has experience to sell, he knows how to shift the attention to Mercedes by "letting them" take the honours of Free Practice so everyone will think they're the team to beat. Take that Toto! :)

And Binotto has experience to sell, he knows how to shift the attention to Mercedes by "letting them" take the honours of Free Practice so everyone will think they're the team to beat. Take that Toto! :)
    That would be brilliant on his part if that is really the case

Any comments from our drivers yet??

Mercedes denies being as far ahead as it looked in FP2. Verstappen had traffic on his quick lap, Ferrari underperformed for some reason. Gap to rest of the field looked normal. #AMuS #AusGP
    so they are ahead but not by such a big margin if you want to believe mercedes kings of downplaying, but there's hope atleast, 0.8s is just way too much

, screw RB lol at this point they will only ruin our races , but i do hope we fix our issues leclerc had some probs and saw someone say seb had too, tyres looked chewed up. Maybe once we get a setup we can bring the 0.8 gap down a bit, tough start but i trust binotto will help us more than MA could for sure

so they are ahead but not by such a big margin if you want to believe mercedes kings of downplaying, but there's hope atleast, 0.8s is just way too much
    so they went from being 0.5s slower than ferrari to not being that far ahead in two weeks.

They were never 0.5secs off we don't need to have the fastest car to win Australia either.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    so they went from being 0.5s slower than ferrari to not being that far ahead in two weeks.
    i cant believe anyone would fall for the merc is behind by 0.5s thing tbh

in 2018 testing sebs fastest was 1:17.182
    hamilton's was 1.18.400 but on one step harder tyres

in melbourne they were 0.7s faster in Q3 last year

their car is better suited to this track, just like singapore

in bahrain im sure the gap to them will be smaller too, well i hope.

So will have to wait to see if we have any sandbags left in our car

Honda confirma q el problema en motor d Gasly es menor y q no afectará el normal desarrollo del fin d semana.
    honda confirms minor issue for Gasly that will not have any effect for the rest of the weekend

onboard of Max fast lap, people said he didnt actually have traffic , marko said he did so could be first attempt Gio blocked him messing with its optimal temps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcoC...ature=youtu.be

his top speeds look high wish we can compare to leclerc and hamilton to see how high the engines were running

onboard of Max fast lap, people said he didnt actually have traffic , marko said he did so could be first attempt Gio blocked him messing with its optimal temps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcoC...ature=youtu.be
    Beat me to it�� no traffic

Beat me to it�� no traffic
    maybe Marko making excuses after claiming they were faster than mercedes in testing more like it, poor gasly getting no excuse lol

Still nothing from our drivers?

I dont think that this is our true picture. And I'm not talking only about the gap between us and Merc ,but the thing that we where the same as in FP1,and Lec was even slower. This is making no sense at all. To me this means 2 thing's.
    We where trying some set up's or something else that didn't work(normal now at the start of the season with new cars) OR we are so good and we now it and we are playing Merc games from the past( pretty good scenario and I'm desperate to beleave it BUT .....)
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!