Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Australian GP: Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    lol atleast that wasnt as harsh as the quotes on twitter, i really really hope it was a once off setup thing thats easy to fix
    Chill... if we were that bad the Italian media would be making Pesto out of Binotto and Vettel already... and I only watch Italian TV with horrible exception of when SKY IT goes off and I have to switch to the Hamilton UK channel.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    Chill... if we were that bad the Italian media would be making Pesto out of Binotto and Vettel already... and I only watch Italian TV with horrible exception of when SKY IT goes off and I have to switch to the Hamilton UK channel.
    how do you watch italian f1?? lol i tried for awhile last year but couldnt get a decent link
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Vettel: I can feel I have the car under me that I had in testing, but it doesn't do the same things, it's not doing exactly what I like here and there, and that's why I'm lacking confidence.

Asked why Ferrari lacked pace compared to Mercedes in practice two, Vettel said: We don't know the reasons but we're looking for them. If you find them, let us know and lead them to our garage.

Vettel: I don't think it was awful. Here and there, there were bits that were really, really good and we can build on.

maybe the bumpy surfaces and types of corners this circuit has, made it difficult to give seb and leclerc the car that they could really feel did whatever they needed it to do like in testing, plus they mentioned some strong winds early in the session
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    No, its a simulation of Toto's face after the australian race :)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    All the doom and gloom is a main reason I never come here anymore.. . It's free practice.... chill
    tell that to Vettel.

Vettel.

"I think they [Mercedes] looked really quick," Vettel said. "I don't know if it was just us struggling a bit, but as a matter of fact they were in a league of their own."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    tell that to Vettel.

Vettel.

"I think they [Mercedes] looked really quick," Vettel said. "I don't know if it was just us struggling a bit, but as a matter of fact they were in a league of their own."
    Ferrari hype Merc and Merc hype Ferrari, have you not watched the past 2 years lol
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Ok seems like we are running new spec rims, vented hubs were being tested today:

https://ibb.co/BqVrXWB

https://ibb.co/W2JCJyJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I don't read too much into FP2 times. Just look at Kimi, is he really faster than Leclerc and only 1 tenth slower than Seb? don't think so...
    In the same car, yes. In that Alfa Romeo, no. Mercedes haven't raised anything yet. The difference between them and midfield is normal.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 15th March 2019 at 10:27.

Ok seems like we are running new spec rims, vented hubs were being tested today:

https://ibb.co/BqVrXWB

https://ibb.co/W2JCJyJ
    P.S. it would explain the heavy runs and tyre testing (hence heavy graining)

Can't wait for Q3. I think top 4 should be within 0.2s

Hopefully the gap is not more than 3 tenths or else that would be curtains for the season.

nice read to what may be happening while we wait tomorrow :) https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/47579031

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    Ferrari hype Merc and Merc hype Ferrari, have you not watched the past 2 years lol
    Yeah I watched how Mercedes defeated Ferrari after Ferrari was the winter test champion.

Yeah I watched how Mercedes defeated Ferrari after Ferrari was the winter test champion.
    This year it's different, Vettel has the RAMMSTEIN moustache https://ibb.co/PxKVGSv

Keep being negative :)
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

No doom and gloom here...I still think there is plenty of pace to be found come Q3. However, I am growing increasingly tired of the Merc/Toto/Hamilton rhetoric. All lies all the time...Hamilton before Q1 “deficit in testing wasn’t Bs about our pace” after Q2 “there’s more to come”. Give me a break, your not a god stop acting like it.

Forza Ferrari! Let’s take pole, and the race win!

https://ca.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...ourne/4353089/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Mark Hughes gave his track side analysis:

The Red Bulls are trailing an almost liquid flow of underbody sparks throughout this whole sequence, but the fastest, cleanest run through here is Hamilton’s, the Merc guided with pinpoint precision and no lift of the right foot, upshift into eighth on the exit of 12.

It’s rivalled minutes later though by Vettel’s. The Ferrari is moving around a little more in the transition between the two turns but the speed carried into 12 is breathtaking – and the upshift comes even earlier than Hamilton’s.
    Tomorrow is an important day. Ferrari will either turn out to be a dud on this track or the pace shown will send shock waves to all the nerves of Toto and Hamilton.

Something to smile about till fp3

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

[AMuS] Ferrari loses their time in the apexes of all corners, but very specifically in corners 1, 9 and 13. All 90 degree corners. This cannot just be explained by more fuel in the tank alone.

NEW: Vettel: Practice pace shows Mercedes’ claims were “b******” - https://www.racefans.net/2019/03/15/...ere-bs-vettel/
    they'v somehow got the ultimate street circuit / cornering package since singapore

onboard of kimi during practice which is cool
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lsE1p2cAsM&list=WL

Something to smile about till fp3https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...36b99cf899.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    loool

Havent seen any revolutions at RB in terms of big package + china upgrades coming early as AusGP as they mentioned, maybe tomorrow they will reveal it but that would be so little time to test if they are willing to run with it

Everything will turn out only in the third part of the qualification. In FP2 Alfa lost only 0.1 to Ferrari, so times are not very representative.
    Ferrari probably has a big problem with tire durability. Melbourne is definitely hotter than in Barcelona. Mercedes, despite the best times recorded, is very nervous.

Sebastian Vettel #5

“It was fun today. Maybe we were not as fast as possibly we wanted to be and could have been, but it’s Friday, after all, so it doesn’t really matter. I am sure that by December 1st no one will remember how fast we were on March 15! I am still lacking a bit of confidence, it was a tricky day for us, as it probably was for everyone. We are not yet where we would like to be, not so much in terms of lap time but more in terms of car feel and handling. We didn’t really get into the groove and into the rhythm, which is quite important round here on such a bumpy but I think that tomorrow will be a better day and if we can get that confidence back, then there’s a lot of lap time in that. There were bits of the session that were really, really good and we can build on, so now it’s all about stringing it together and having a better day tomorrow. The night is long and our engineers are very smart. I am relaxed”.

Charles Leclerc #16

“It was definitely a busy day. We tried different tyres and types of set-up and I am very satisfied with some aspects. The first session was better than the second, maybe because the wind got up in the afternoon and we struggled a bit more to find the right reference points. Having spoken with the engineers, I believe that, nevertheless, we have understood where we have to improve and we will go in that direction. We have one more session in which we can put into practice the solutions that an analysis of the data suggests, in order to be ready for qualifying”.

Mattia Binotto, Team Principal

“For the first day of free practice of the season, the most important part of the programme was getting an understanding of the car and its behaviour so as to prepare it for Saturday and Sunday. The track is very bumpy and today, the wind was very strong, which was inconvenient. The drivers are still looking for the right feeling with the car here. Now we just have to work on the set-up and get ready for qualifying”.

I kind of feel merc showed their hand a bit too early as if they had to prove something...,perhaps a reply to Helmut marko's comments maybe.

Horner mentioned that given how difficult it looked to drive that merc, it's hard to imagine them going along with that setup into the race.

I guess P3 will give us a better idea.

Wehrlein apparently started testing in the simulator right after the 2nd practice... hopefully he can find some solutions for tomorrow...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Hopefully the gap is not more than 3 tenths or else that would be curtains for the season.
    Where do people come up with this utter rubbish? Lewis was 7 tenths ahead of Ferrari in Melbourne Q3 2018...yet we won the first two races and should have won in China but for bad strategy calls. So many drama queens on here in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Wehrlein apparently started testing in the simulator right after the 2nd practice... hopefully he can find some solutions for tomorrow...
    In Wehrlein we trust

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Posted anywhere ???

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    I kind of feel merc showed their hand a bit too early as if they had to prove something...,perhaps a reply to Helmut marko's comments maybe.

Horner mentioned that given how difficult it looked to drive that merc, it's hard to imagine them going along with that setup into the race.

I guess P3 will give us a better idea.
    OR maybe, merc by putting some fast lap times were trying to lure ferrari into showing ITS hand, but i think ferrari were NOT going to fall for that.....i think ferrari will show its HAND come Q3.....cannot wait
    Soooooooo glad 2022 is over, a season that started so well but massive decline after TD39....Hopefully 2023 will bring us tifosi something to smile about.