Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Australian GP: Practices and Qualifying

Mate vettel didn't even push that much did you not see how much better ferrari looked over one lap compared to the sliding merc? Ferrari looks planted and definitely has more time left in the tank. I'll be happy with P2 in qualy but I reckon we will take pole

If we can't get pole then I'll be happy if we can be at least within 0,2 secs. of pole time. That would be a big improvement compared to last year when we were 0,7 seconds behind.

Yesterday after FP2 it was looking a little glum tbh, but I was hoping that Ferrari was sandbagging and fortunately that's the case.

Comparing Ferrari and merc on track I honestly don't even understand how and where the merc gets the advantage? The SF90 looks much more stable and planted than the merc. It's strange.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    If we can't get pole then I'll be happy if we can be at least within 0,2 secs. of pole time. That would be a big improvement compared to last year when we were 0,7 seconds behind.

Yesterday after FP2 it was looking a little glum tbh, but I was hoping that Ferrari was sandbagging and fortunately that's the case.

Comparing Ferrari and merc on track I honestly don't even understand how and where the merc gets the advantage? The SF90 looks much more stable and planted than the merc. It's strange.

i think mercs advantages are the first few corners of sector 1 and final 3 corners of sector 3, they have much better change of direction and can take a bit faster speeds in the slow corners, ferrari is faster in the middle sector and fast corners, very balanced in that area, weakness still seems to be the slow corners
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

we have one less set of softs and an extra set of mediums left i believe compared to merc

If Haas really is Ferrari lite than those times are believable, kubica really struggling dont think he'l keep his seat unless williams need his sponsorship money.

---

€5000 fine for the unsafe release of Norris earlier in FP3 - let him out in front of Kubica
    Last edited by mwk360; 16th March 2019 at 05:00.

this guy copying the homework lol dang

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    we have one less set of softs and an extra set of mediums left i believe compared to merc
    As it is 1stop race. Tyre strategy doesn’t count much. All down to quali & SC period during the race that’s it.

If Haas really is Ferrari lite than those times are believable, kubica really struggling dont think he'l keep his seat unless williams need his sponsorship money.

---
    Do u have sector times of FP3 ??

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    As it is 1stop race. Tyre strategy doesn’t count much. All down to quali & SC period during the race that’s it.
    pretty much, also if merc has bottas to do the blocking as usual then even a SC and VSC wont help much to spice it up

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Do u have sector times of FP3 ??

heres hamsters. still looking for all drivers one

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1wNzGNU0AA-8jr.jpg

heres hamsters. still looking for all drivers one
    I know vet S1 time is 27.5, Fastest S2, don’t know abt S3.
    Need Charles lap time too

Ham gains 0.2s in just first sector alone, its turns 4/5/6 where merc gain a lot and 0.1 in sector 3 that final 2 corners imo

i saw top speeds comparisons and Vettel and Hamilton and not near top 5, hamilton actually lower tops speeds than vettel in all sectors i believe, leclerc was actually intop 5 so maybe he pushing little harder or different setup

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1wJ1iRXQAAwmJo.jpg

Ham gains 0.2s in just first sector alone, its turns 4/5/6 where merc gain a lot and 0.1 in sector 3 that final 2 corners imo

i saw top speeds comparisons and Vettel and Hamilton and not near top 5, hamilton actually lower tops speeds than vettel in all sectors i believe, leclerc was actually intop 5 so maybe he pushing little harder or different setup
    Top speeds doesn’t give you exact picture of laptimes. If you look at haas, low of top speed too then.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1wJ1iRXQAAwmJo.jpg

I don't really see Hamilton's advantage in S3 looking at the splits? Vet wasn't even riding kerbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    Relax, both Vettel and Charles not in the limit. Vettel in S3 not even closing apex plus HAAS so close? Nah.. We got more to come...

P.s. My only concern are the starts, both Vettel and Charles had a lot of spinning in their practice starts [emoji21]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

well, last year's Hamster's pole lap time was 1:21.1.... compared to his Fp3 time this year.....so that's a FULL ONE second slower.....so i'm sure there's more time to come from Hamster.....hopefully for from Seb also
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

sky said no drama in pitlanes all teams are prepping and ready

i hope seb and leclerc can make up the deficit in pace to merc

FORZA FERRARI

kimi and hamster are really good at this track

Here we go!!!!
    It's not how start but how you finish.

karun says wind has picked up again, ferrari suffered with wind yesterday

seb on mediums

Vettel on mediums, so is Leclerc

https://www.formula1.com/en/f1-live.html

live timing - a horrible one at the moment

Let's see how the team-mates stack-up.

Forza Ferrari! Finally we get to see everyone turned up to maximum. Holding my breath
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

car looks to understeer a bit with seb

One lap does not win a f1 race

No drama at Sebs steering wheel.