Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Australian GP: Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Just a reminder folks......

Seb was .7's off the Mercs last year @ AusGP.
    yeah, and we GOT lucky wiht the VSC.....and althogh we did OK in the first half of the season, we goofed up in the second half both in terms of team and driver error
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Last year we were about the same gap behind Lewis here in Q3, IIRC.
    We then went on to mount a challenge for the WDC and had a strong first half of the season.

The pace here in Melbourne is never indicative of what we will see through the season. We've yet to see how strong we will be in more traditional, faster tracks. We've yet to see how our mid season development will be.

I see no signs that the WDC is over, or signs of anything at all
    Yes mate it is, in the last 10 years or so the fastest car in Australia won the championship

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    tough game coming up against ajax, but CR might give more hope then our in season development lol

CR7 and Max ��

Quote Originally Posted by wacc View Post
    Same old song. Good job by Mercedes. The battle between Red Bull and Ferrari is going to be interesting.

Odesláno z mého Redmi Note 4 pomocí Tapatalk
    that's waht im afraid of, mad Max is right behind us, actually splitting the two ferraris...so i'm kind of worried
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Honda-->what a difference when your with a winning team makes for good progress.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

And this isn't even the end, Max is alongside Seb. He will have to give up P3 tomorrow or Max will crash into him. And once Max is ahead of him, Ferrari's superior race pace will not be enough to overtake on this track.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Last year Ferrari was able to mount a challenge of some sorts was because of engine upgrade until Merc neutralized it with Spec 3. Aero was a problem last year, it is a problem this year. Saying it is track specific doesn't help, Mercedes alone isn't driving on this track, others are also driving for years.
    strange thing is how poor s1 is with the straights, whoever is in charge of the engine i hope they can do what binotto did
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    CR7 and Max ��
    cr7 max heck no lol
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Charles did a good job today, only 0.25 behind Seb

Well let's wait to see the race pace tomorrow. However so far I am hugely disappointed by Leclerc not being able to qualify better. Also Redbull with Verstappen look strong, really strong and if their race pace is similar to Ferrari they will come up in front of us at the end. Verstappen is the kind of racer that really makes the difference. Redbull just needs to make their car 0.5 slower than Merc and Max will start wiping the floor with Hamilton. Last year in the second part of the season he was doing it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yeah, and we GOT lucky wiht the VSC.....and althogh we did OK in the first half of the season, we goofed up in the second half both in terms of team and driver error
    Soooo, this year will be a repeat of last year??? To early to tell mate.

Well last year we were 0,7 down in Australia, and come Bahrain we had pole by 0,2. This track just isnt for us, we need many straights, our car is a long-wheel based car made for the aero corners. The same as last year, in 14 days we will know more if the gap is real. Which i still doubt, and I think we will came much stronger in Bahrain and China, might even have a shot at pole. Will see.

Forza Ferrari.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 16th March 2019 at 07:27.

So does this mean all the disgruntled, gloomy & doomy posters, who have already had a funeral & buried Ferrari are gone from the forum until Barcelona 2020???
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Our trapspeeds of ferrari powered engines looked OK. I believe its still track specific let's see if we can pull off a win you never know what happens tomorrow hopefully we get past a merc at the start or bottas takes Hamilton. Leclerc vs verstappen will be fun to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    You always show up here during bad weekends and bash Ferrari or acting aggrieved when people rightfully don't rate Raikkonen as much as you do. Raikkonen is gone. So why don't you follow your Idol's lead and leave this forum.
    What are you talking about,what kind of delusional lies you remember and say such words about me, i have been supporting this team for whole my life ,did so before Raikkonen came and will do so after so take your revisionist history somewhere else and dont tell people what to do.

Next season then
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Charles did a good job today, only 0.25 behind Seb
    was hoping he'd be even with seb but still first time with ferrari really happy for him

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Soooo, this year will be a repeat of last year??? To early to tell mate.
    don't knwo about you mate, but i'd like to beat my opposition in pure pace and NOT by the help of safety cars or whatever.....but hey, if it helps us take the win, i'll take it

The usual crap - this track is not representative, let's wait for 2-3 more races. After 2-3 races, let's wait for aero upgrade in Barcelona. After aero upgrade, let's wait for engine upgrade after 7 races. After engine upgrade, results will vary based on tracks. After first half, let's wait for 2nd half. And finally in the end - saying we always knew this team was the fastest since the first day of testing. lol

Vettel looked disheartened in that interview

don't knwo about you mate, but i'd like to beat my opposition in pure pace and NOT by the help of safety cars or whatever.....but hey, if it helps us take the win, i'll take it
    we got valtteri its james ahead too which makes vsc and sc kinda hard to play with if it even happens

He probably had seen some of these comments here.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Everyone is at the moment other than Hamilton fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Well last year we were 0,7 down in Australia, and come Bahrain we had pole by 0,2. This track just isnt for us, we need many straights, our car is a long-wheel based care made for the aero corners. The same as last year, in 14 days we will know more if the gap is real. Which i still doubt, and I think we will came much stronger in Bahrain and China, might even have a shot at pole. Wil see.

Forza Ferrari.
    last time i read, the Mers is WAY longer wheel based car compard to our......so they are still quick, so WHAT gives

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Well last year we were 0,7 down in Australia, and come Bahrain we had pole by 0,2. This track just isnt for us, we need many straights, our car is a long-wheel based care made for the aero corners. The same as last year, in 14 days we will know more if the gap is real. Which i still doubt, and I think we will came much stronger in Bahrain and China, might even have a shot at pole. Wil see.

Forza Ferrari.
    We shouldn't make comparisons to last year when this year we are suppose to be much better and turned a page, thats the whole point, we cant use excuses after excuses every year. We lost the championship last year by 88 points drivers and 84 constructors, we haven't won either of them since 2008...

We keep changing individuals and team managers ,we managed to make the team " Italian" enough and nothing worked.

he looked miserable since yesterday , binotto was not happy today too, looks like they overestimated their pace but lets hope its just one track and we in business next race

Now I'm really worried we let Lewis overcome mighty Michael in... well... everything. Man up Ferrari!!!

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

last time i read, the Mers is WAY longer wheel based car compard to our......so they are still quick, so WHAT gives
    they mastered street circuits with the simulated 4 wheel like steering or suspension or something, just look back at singapore, just watch onboard of merc in slow corners they can just turn easy at a higher speeds

he prolly thought the Ferrari will be a lot closer to the Merc or even better than them.....guess what a wake up call he had....so was a dejavu for him as it was in 2018 Q3.....

Look, we had driver error and development set backs last year........and now safety cars. Let's just take it race by race.