Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Australian GP: Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Slow corners in sector 3. It was speed what was missing in straights today, I guess.

https://www.formula1.com/content/dam...8col/image.png
    S1 & S2 is all about engine power ???

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    S1 & S2 is all about engine power ???
    Beging of sector 3 is quite fast. Fast corners and DRS zone.

Should we expect Seb destroying the competition at the start like last year in Albert Park?

Screenshot_20190316-180907_Drive.jpgScreenshot_20190316-180907_Drive.jpg

Don't know why are panicking our first sector gap was the same to Mercedes last year!

Can't seem to upload pictures properly from my phone. Help!

Hamilton 2018 S1: 26.698 S2: 22:066 S3 32:440

Come on Kimi is faster in S1 than Seb!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Come on Kimi is faster in S1 than Seb!!!!
    No. Kimi did 27.195, Seb did 26.936

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Should we expect Seb destroying the competition at the start like last year in Albert Park?
    Last year was a bit different though... Ferrari hadn't worked out party mode quite yet... this year that's supposed to be gone...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Second and third row for Ferrari

Melbourne, 16 March 2019 – Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc will start the Australian Grand Prix from the second and third row of the grid respectively. It was not the easiest of sessions for the Scuderia and it ended with Sebastian third fastest and Charles fifth. The race gets underway at 16h10 local time (06h10 CET.)

Q1. In the first part of qualifying, Vettel was the only driver to go through to the next part on Medium tyres in a time of 1’22”885. Leclerc did a 1’23”326 which led him to go for a set of Softs, producing a 1’22” 0217 to easily get through to the next part.

Q2. Only Softs were used and Sebastian posted a 1’21”912 and Charles a 1’21”739 which saw them comfortably make it to the final ten minutes to decide the top ten places on the grid.

Q3. In the final shoot-out, Sebastian soon posted a lap in 1’21”250, good enough for third place. The German managed to improve on his second run, getting down to 1’21”190. On his first run, Charles did a 1’21”442, which would be his best time, as the number 16 driver made a mistake at the wheel of his SF90 on his second run and had to settle for fifth on the grid.

Sebastian Vettel #5

“Starting tomorrow’s race from third is not too bad and the car is ok, even if it’s not exactly how we would like it and we are not as fast as we wanted to be. But we’ll start from there and see what we can bring home. This track is unique and conditions are different to what we experienced in testing. We have definitely improved the car overnight, but obviously not enough to be in front of everyone. In tomorrow’s race we’ll have time to understand the car further. We will race as hard as we can and see where that takes us. After all, we are just 16 metres behind pole position”.

Charles Leclerc #16

“I can’t say I’m happy with this qualifying result. After a good Q1 and a very good Q2, in Q3, especially on my second run, I made a few too many mistakes, especially in the first sector and I was unable to improve. I will try to learn from this and to prepare as well as possible for the race. As for the gap to our main competitors, I have to admit that maybe we had expected it to be smaller, even if this is an unusual track which often throws up a different order to what we can see on a more traditional track. On our side, I think there is still room to work on the car and the race is tomorrow and will be pretty long, so I am still aiming for a podium. I will definitely have to get a perfect start, because overtaking is far from easy here.”

Mattia Binotto, Team Principal

“We can’t say this was the result we were expecting, but we are well aware that Albert Park is not an ideal track for us, as its characteristics do not suit our car that well. Of course, we must improve, but we have gathered a great deal of information to identify the areas on which we must work. As usual, Seb showed that he knows how to use every centimetre of the track and Charles got through his first real test, a few little errors notwithstanding. Ahead of us, we have another 20 qualifying sessions and 21 races, so it’s a long game and we’re ready to play it.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Anyone seen this? It’s shocking.

Side by side with Lewis
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=3gNzoy1hmSA

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Second and third row for Ferrari

Melbourne, 16 March 2019 – Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc will start the Australian Grand Prix from the second and third row of the grid respectively. It was not the easiest of sessions for the Scuderia and it ended with Sebastian third fastest and Charles fifth. The race gets underway at 16h10 local time (06h10 CET.)

Q1. In the first part of qualifying, Vettel was the only driver to go through to the next part on Medium tyres in a time of 1’22”885. Leclerc did a 1’23”326 which led him to go for a set of Softs, producing a 1’22” 0217 to easily get through to the next part.

Q2. Only Softs were used and Sebastian posted a 1’21”912 and Charles a 1’21”739 which saw them comfortably make it to the final ten minutes to decide the top ten places on the grid.

Q3. In the final shoot-out, Sebastian soon posted a lap in 1’21”250, good enough for third place. The German managed to improve on his second run, getting down to 1’21”190. On his first run, Charles did a 1’21”442, which would be his best time, as the number 16 driver made a mistake at the wheel of his SF90 on his second run and had to settle for fifth on the grid.

Sebastian Vettel #5

“Starting tomorrow’s race from third is not too bad and the car is ok, even if it’s not exactly how we would like it and we are not as fast as we wanted to be. But we’ll start from there and see what we can bring home. This track is unique and conditions are different to what we experienced in testing. We have definitely improved the car overnight, but obviously not enough to be in front of everyone. In tomorrow’s race we’ll have time to understand the car further. We will race as hard as we can and see where that takes us. After all, we are just 16 metres behind pole position”.

Charles Leclerc #16

“I can’t say I’m happy with this qualifying result. After a good Q1 and a very good Q2, in Q3, especially on my second run, I made a few too many mistakes, especially in the first sector and I was unable to improve. I will try to learn from this and to prepare as well as possible for the race. As for the gap to our main competitors, I have to admit that maybe we had expected it to be smaller, even if this is an unusual track which often throws up a different order to what we can see on a more traditional track. On our side, I think there is still room to work on the car and the race is tomorrow and will be pretty long, so I am still aiming for a podium. I will definitely have to get a perfect start, because overtaking is far from easy here.”

Mattia Binotto, Team Principal

“We can’t say this was the result we were expecting, but we are well aware that Albert Park is not an ideal track for us, as its characteristics do not suit our car that well. Of course, we must improve, but we have gathered a great deal of information to identify the areas on which we must work. As usual, Seb showed that he knows how to use every centimetre of the track and Charles got through his first real test, a few little errors notwithstanding. Ahead of us, we have another 20 qualifying sessions and 21 races, so it’s a long game and we’re ready to play it.”
    There's something wrong with the car definitely, looks lazy and slow, rpm drops, loosing speed at the end of the straight and RB with a Honda engine was faster then us

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Gutted to wake up to this news. But really, we knew it all along - deep down we knew that Merc and Ratboy were sandbagging. We knew it at the end of FP1, FP2 and FP3 - but we still held hope. Held hope thinking we were the ones holding something back. Now the hope is shattered and it’s back to reality for F1 fans. 6 consecutive years for Merc taking pole and running away with the championship from Austrialia. I swear, it’s like Groundhog Day for us Ferrari fans. No excuses, no doom and gloom bashing, no “wait for race day”, this is purely unacceptable.

I’ll put my foot in my mouth if Ferrrai miraculously mount some sort of challenge this year. Not betting on it though. Merc/Hamilton have come for Ferrrai/Schumacer’s records and they are goning to get them.
    Ratboy?

That's a disgusting term and you should be ashamed as describing another human being as such.

They're faster at this time of the season. Get over it. No need to talk like an

Quote Originally Posted by h3ro View Post
    Ratboy?

That's a disgusting term and you should be ashamed as describing another human being as such.

They're faster at this time of the season. Get over it. No need to talk like an ass.
    An American being offended.... surely not
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Ratboy?

I like to cell him cotton boy

Ferrari took a gamble with the "out wash" front wing design, Redbull tried it and opted for the Mercedes design with the "in wash" as Adrian Newey believes the pros and cons favour the latter. If that is the case then we are up for a struggle to fend off RBR let alone challenge Mercedes.

I seriously hope our guys at Ferrari did their homework well. One could accept that the concept might not suit this particular track but man... 0.7sec is an awful lot to catch up.

On a side note, Vettel seems calm and positive so who knows? Maybe more is to come this weekend if we are easy on the tyres.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Anyone seen this? It’s shocking.

Side by side with Lewis
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=3gNzoy1hmSA
    Thanks, it does not look good.

Are you referring to slavery and cotton fields?
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    Ferrari took a gamble with the "out wash" front wing design, Redbull tried it and opted for the Mercedes design with the "in wash" as Adrian Newey believes the pros and cons favour the latter. If that is the case then we are up for a struggle to fend off RBR let alone challenge Mercedes.

I seriously hope our guys at Ferrari did their homework well. One could accept that the concept might not suit this particular track but man... 0.7sec is an awful lot to catch up.

On a side note, Vettel seems calm and positive so who knows? Maybe more is to come this weekend if we are easy on the tyres.

And where is RB? I see Alfa and STR being most imrpoved, yet they use similar wings, no?

This place is a joke. Racism like this must be fine by moderation.

It's a sport and Ferrari aren't on top. You're using this sport as a place to spew rampant racist nonsense. Great job.

This forum is a shell of it's former self. 12 years ago, nonsense like this never flew unmoderated. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Are you referring to slavery and cotton fields?
    He obviously is.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    And where is RB? I see Alfa and STR being most imrpoved, yet they use similar wings, no?
    I thought Alfa was going to be the surprise team but in fact it's HAAS that impressed with the old school wing. If STR was so good it would be right next to us as they have the same engine and share components with RBR.

Ratboy?

Hello my dear friend. You are surely a social justice warrior. Please dont bring this "Social Justice" smelly stuff here.
    It is anyone right to call anyone if they feel like it. It is what is called "FREEDOM". I am an american, and as americans, you should surely know what is freedom, but most Americans do not know freedom.
    Please, if you do not like it, do not read it. If you really want to talk about justice, then talk about why so many kids are dying in Africa without food, shelter and education, while Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, and others live the high life with billions in their pockets. Talk to them first, fix those problems first, before you talk to these forum member about Social Justice. PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    I thought Alfa was going to be the surprise team but in fact it's HAAS that impressed with the old school wing. If STR was so good it would be right next to us as they have the same engine and share components with RBR.

Yea and if Haas was so good they would be as fast as us not 8 tenths behind (as they use super wing and share 70% of car with us).

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Hello my dear friend. You are surely a social justice warrior. Please dont bring this "Social Justice" smelly stuff here.
    It is anyone right to call anyone if they feel like it. It is what is called "FREEDOM". I am an american, and as americans, you should surely know what is freedom, but most Americans do not know freedom.
    Please, if you do not like it, do not read it. If you really want to talk about justice, then talk about why so many kids are dying in Africa without food, shelter and education, while Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, and others live the high life with billions in their pockets. Talk to them first, fix those problems first, before you talk to these forum member about Social Justice. PLEASE!
    I would have no problem discussing this with you if it wasn't immediately followed by a post discussing selling Lewis like Cotton.

I'm not sure what a social justice warrior is but I know a terrible connotation of a word when I see it. The world is a terrible place, doesn't mean that you have to describe people in such terms just because the silver car goes vroom faster than the red one.

Have a great day.

Also, it is not the front wing. You dont loose speed on the straights because of the wing, I think its the engine, during the corners, its ok, stays level most of the time. Braking and acceleration and straights, it looses speed. Its the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Also, it is not the front wing. You dont loose speed on the straights because of the wing, I think its the engine, during the corners, its ok, stays level most of the time. Braking and acceleration and straights, it looses speed. Its the engine.
    There is some reports that the engine was on safe mode. Not sure I believe it though.

Maybe hydraulic suspension this is new for Ferrari. If we looked hemlton/vettel then we can see that vettel lost 99% time in
    a lot of previous braking front of curves.

I would have no problem discussing this with you if it wasn't immediately followed by a post discussing selling Lewis like Cotton.

I'm not sure what a social justice warrior is but I know a terrible connotation of a word when I see it. The world is a terrible place, doesn't mean that you have to describe people in such terms just because the silver car goes vroom faster than the red one.

Have a great day.
    Maybe talking about cotton is not right, but its their thing if they want to call it. But dont say things just because someone says something, or some name. They know what is right and what is wrong, and there are guidelines here, so the moderator will deal with it.