Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Australian GP: Practices and Qualifying

I will not count Ferrari out for this race & for sure not throwing in the towel on the season!

Forza Ferrari.... bring on the race!

As for all you slightly pessimistic folks... well... you know you'll be back - just can't help it!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

guys, we may have to wait for the 2021 rules changes in hopes that something will change.....because as of now the TAXI'S seem unbeatable.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    I will not count Ferrari out for this race & for sure not throwing in the towel on the season!

Forza Ferrari.... bring on the race!

As for all you slightly pessimistic folks... well... you know you'll be back - just can't help it!
    You used the wrong word there, it's called realistic rather than pessimistic.

Nothing unexpected here, same old story. I actually envy those who thought we would be ahead. Doom and gloom all the time, huh? Its called realism.

Leclerc only 4 tenths faster than Haas.

Quote Originally Posted by LivingHitokiri View Post
    We shouldn't make comparisons to last year when this year we are suppose to be much better and turned a page, thats the whole point, we cant use excuses after excuses every year. We lost the championship last year by 88 points drivers and 84 constructors, we haven't won either of them since 2008...

We keep changing individuals and team managers ,we managed to make the team " Italian" enough and nothing worked.
    Yeah, but anyways, last 2 years has given some hope that we will beat them, and it was really close last year for a long time, so hopefully this year will be even better than 2018.

OMG i think we are so much slower because we lost the mission winnow stickers surely thats the biggest change to the car since testing, not mission winnow this weekend but maybe next time . (just a joke)
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    Nothing unexpected here, same old story. I actually envy those who thought we would be ahead. Doom and gloom all the time, huh? Its called realism.
    100000% fact
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Leclerc only 4 tenths faster than Haas.
    yeah, something is NOT right there.....either ferrari went a bit backwords OR the HASS has made a huge step forward
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Same old story and same old moans, of course we wanted pole but the biggest worry now is having Mad Max in between Seb and Charles, all I ask is for our drivers to have a clean start and take it from there. We don't have Merc's one-lap pace at this track, but negativity is already raising its head and we don't need that after just one quali session.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    he looked miserable since yesterday , binotto was not happy today too, looks like they overestimated their pace but lets hope its just one track and we in business next race
    Atta boy, that's the spirit!
    Let's don't wait until next week though, there's points to be had here in Australia still
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

How come we are only 0.4s faster then Hass????

You used the wrong word there, it's called realistic rather than pessimistic.
    You can call it whatever you like, don't put your words in my mouth though!
    Forza Ferrari !

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Atta boy, that's the spirit!
    Let's don't wait until next week though, there's points to be had here in Australia still
    i am more of a pessimistic person/ i see it being more realistic but i do think next race will show if theres a chance or not, last year ferrari said they struggled in aus because of the diffuser so i hope they actually have a problem to fix rather than just being slow

a safety car is probably our best hope.

i am more of a pessimistic person/ i see it being more realistic but i do think next race will show if theres a chance or not, last year ferrari said they struggled in aus because of the diffuser so i hope they actually have a problem to fix rather than just being slow
    Yeah, I know! Hey check out chinmay though, he thinks he has a better word for it! Even tried to tell me that's what I meant.

G'nite guys, yikes it is almost 4 AM here, adios
    Forza Ferrari !

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    How come we are only 0.4s faster then Hass????
    That's the anomaly. In testing, everyone said Ferrari was super stable, easy to drive, planted, looking great, turning fantastically well. Hughes said yesterday in middle sector, Vettel's speed was breathtaking and in the end, Haas is just 4 tenths away.

That's the anomaly. In testing, everyone said Ferrari was super stable, easy to drive, planted, looking great, turning fantastically well. Hughes said yesterday in middle sector, Vettel's speed was breathtaking and in the end, Haas is just 4 tenths away.
    May be it’s down to track & tyre temp.

I’m quite disappointed with the result even more because RB is infront. We couldn’t lock out the 2nd row

Did anyone think of the impact the new regulations will have on fuel? How much each team will be able to push in the race. Some fuel saving will have to be done by all teams, question is how much. I know it's a small chance but let us see.

Ferrari fans love Ferrari, if they are fast we love them even more! Forza Ferrari!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    Well its not like we were miles behind Mercedes last year or 2017. But yes, current situation isn't ideal. It's always better to be on the pole than P3 or P5.

Vettel's time this year is still slower than Hamilton's pole from last year.

Vettel 2019 time: 1.21.190
    Hamilton 2018 pole time: 1.21.164

big oof, but good job by lando and Haas, they have awesome aero or whatever because in testing they were same pace as ferrari in long runs so whatever concept they have is pretty good, binotto has lot to do in every department

Crashjean next to Charles, not ideal.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1w0ciAWwAEQVQm.jpg

big oof, but good job by lando and Haas, they have awesome aero or whatever because in testing they were same pace as ferrari in long runs so whatever concept they have is pretty good, binotto has lot to do in every department
    If I compare Q3 Lap1 to FL
    Ham improved by big margin .5ths, bottas improved around .2ths, vettel only by a .1th, Charles didn’t.
    I see this as a unique track specific characteristics that made difficult for our car.

If we look haas only 0.4 s to leclerk this is strange I think that track is not good for Ferrari, we must wait for next go Bahrain and China their we will see real pictures. Haas is American team and American are very good in aerodynamic so I think that Ferrari weakness from 2010 is aerodynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Crashjean next to Charles, not ideal.
    Crashtappen next to Seb, not ideal either.

Crashtappen next to Seb, not ideal either.
    so both Ferrari's could be taken out on the first lap..

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    If we look haas only 0.4 s to leclerk this is strange I think that track is not good for Ferrari, we must wait for next go Bahrain and China their we will see real pictures. Haas is American team and American are very good in aerodynamic so I think that Ferrari weakness from 2010 is aerodynamic.
    aero is def an issue but the bigger problem is the rate of upgrades, its very poor or we have very small scope of improvement. Not sure what binotto can do, whoever he directs in the aero department needs to get a move on it and bring some stuff soon, haas look good im happy for them, hopefully they slow mercs down in some races when they pit early, like how force india done to ferrari all the years previous

what if just like how mercs had hybrid engine development advantage starting early, just like how rb took honda because they know there is more improvement down the line, what if ferrari focus fully on new regs in 2021 from now, sacrifice 2 years and dominate from 2021 onwards lol that would be nice. obvious wont happen but a nice ferrari domination would be pretty cool .wouldnt change much these two years either lol, just thinking