Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Australian GP: Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    If I compare Q3 Lap1 to FL
    Ham improved by big margin .5ths, bottas improved around .2ths, vettel only by a .1th, Charles didn’t.
    I see this as a unique track specific characteristics that made difficult for our car.
    ham messed up in the first corner and lost 0.4s but yeah thats all i have to hope on that its only these street circuits where the car is really terrible and maybe we have better pace at traditional tracks, boring races like monaco, hungary and singapore can be merc tracks but if the rest was ferrari territory that would awesome
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

HAAS 1.4s faster than last year...that is progress

https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/sta...29706287083520

binotto clearly unhappy during quali
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Happy with my Q1 and Q2 laps. But disappointed with my lap in Q3. Some mistakes from my side. Tomorrow is the race, let's push to have a good one

. @Charles_Leclerc : "I'm not happy with myself. I didn't do the job in Q3. Q1 and Q2 were positive on the driving side. Top 3 was definitely there, Top 2 not."

https://twitter.com/sebvettelnews/st...30909234446336

seb post quali team radio

Vettel: Ferrari lacking ‘a little bit of everything’ against Mercedes

Ferrari arrived in Australia tipped by many as the favourite following an impressive showing through pre-season testing, only for Mercedes to take a one-two in qualifying, with Vettel finishing 0.7 seconds behind pole-sitter Lewis Hamilton in third.

The result came as a surprise to many, including Vettel, who admitted Ferrari did not expect to be so far behind.

“The car felt really good at testing, and probably around here so far this weekend, it didn’t feel as good yet,” Vettel said.

“Yesterday was a difficult day for us, it was tricky. Today felt a bit better, but there’s not an awful lot of time to try different things.

“There’s still for us a bit of margin, but certainly the gap is there today, and was a surprise. We didn’t expect it coming here.

“But now it is that way. We focus on tomorrow and don’t worry about the gap now.”

Hamilton was able to take a sixth consecutive Australian Grand Prix pole ahead of teammate Valtteri Bottas, with Vettel failing to get within half a second of either Mercedes car.

Vettel’s teammate, Charles Leclerc, qualified fifth, more than a second in arrears to Hamilton.

Asked where he felt Ferrari’s car was lacking compared to Mercedes on Saturday, Vettel said it was “a little bit of everything”.
    https://www.crash.net/f1/news/915786...bit-everything

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    HAAS 1.4s faster than last year...that is progress
    Yeah that’s great interms of midfield team battle

Vettel: I don't think the straight line is a problem as we are quite competitive down the straights, we are just losing in the corners. There are 16 corners around here and I think it is fairly evenly spread.
    seb confirming the thinking that cornering is where ferrari lack, like many picked up. if engines are matched then ... aw well, work to do

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    seb confirming the thinking that cornering is where ferrari lack, like many picked up. if engines are matched then ... aw well, work to do
    If such is the case, ferrari should fall behind on the tracks where there are lot of corners.

If such is the case, ferrari should fall behind on the tracks where there are lot of corners.
    But during tests everybody said we are great at cornering

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    we did, its not these slow corners , our s3 in testing was weaker tho.

our car was on rails during testing the problem is merc were hiding there pace, RB is still 0.2s slower in pace like they said in testing, only team that did a massive jump were the sandbagging king mercedes, their car is twitchy but much faster in all the corners,

so you got faster twitchy car vs slow but on rails car. our car looks great compared to the rest in corners

thats true, but i think we will match them in fast corners

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Yeah that’s what I’m confused & scratching every where to understand the current equation.
    SF90 looks planted & easy to drive, saw the same in testing & here.
    May be lacking front end grip ?? Track philosophy? High rake philosophy?? These are the things going through my mind.

Overall I’m unable to take this result. Ham taking pole & RB matching us. Same routine old stuff nothing new.
    Hope for some luck tmrw similar to 2017-18.

On the other side I believe mad max will go hard at the start. That’s the other corncern.

Ferrari engine is very good there is no problems but aerodynamic, suspension I think there is gap to Mercedes but like a said this track is bad for Ferrari we must wait for next races.

Maybe the tyres suit the Merc car better. Have they done secret testing again?

With the new 2018 car, the slow corner strength of 2017 car was gone, need to get that back - that's the only way.

How much fuel did Merc have May be they were running on vapours how much did Ferrari have on board May be that's why seb is still smiling cars are parked and not touched over nite I will bet that Ferrari has 3 to 5 more laps of fuel on board red bull was definitely running on air they will be first to pit.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    How much fuel did Merc have May be they were running on vapours how much did Ferrari have on board May be that's why seb is still smiling cars are parked and not touched over nite I will bet that Ferrari has 3 to 5 more laps of fuel on board red bull was definitely running on air they will be first to pit.
    you can refuel after quali, they run lightest as possible in q3

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    With the new 2018 car, the slow corner strength of 2017 car was gone, need to get that back - that's the only way.
    upgrades man, thats the mvp, we need these to work and more of them

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    Ferrari engine is very good there is no problems but aerodynamic, suspension I think there is gap to Mercedes but like a said this track is bad for Ferrari we must wait for next races.

Ιts the 1st time for as much as I car remember myself watching, that I have NO excuse at all for our performance and surely NO hope.It finaly put me down!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Ιts the 1st time for as much as I car remember myself watching, that I have NO excuse at all for our performance and surely NO hope.It finaly put me down!!!!!
    Keep little hope for bahrain maybe just maybe binotto will bring some much needed upgrades. After bahrain q3 i think it would be better to see exactly how far away we are

As an aside, I see that K Mag may get a grid penalty for unsafe release in Q1, I don't think it's fair that the driver gets penalised for this as it's a team error. It also looked like Seb and Charles may have been suffering from understeer so maybe our front wing isn't as good on the slower corners. There are still a load of unanswered questions from quali and we'll have to see how tyre wear pans out in the race, assuming we don't get involved in any wing-bashing with Max and Grosjean at the start. The two Mercs up front are just a perennial nightmare.

Disaster. Everyone was saying Ferrari was ahead in pre-season, yesterday there was still talk of Scuderia being marginally behind at worst, considering Melbourne track. FP3 seemed to confirm we are in the fight but this is terrible result. Last year we were 0.7s off but there was a problem with the floor.

If the gap stays over 0.5s in Bahrain then it's gonna be terrible for Ferrari fans and F1 in general.

If the W10, witch is 0.7s faster then us, has a greater scope for development than the sf90, then we are in 2014 again

The cars may feel different in race trim. Maybe ours will come into its own then.
    Can we relay on Max to attack the Mercs and cause a bit of mayhem at the first corner.
    Keep hoping guys.

Forza Jules

Mercedes was 1s ahead in race pace yesterday. Ferrari appears to lose on chassis front, not the engine and those struggling with PU gain on Sunday because everyone detune them.

SC/VSC

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    Mercedes was 1s ahead in race pace yesterday. Ferrari appears to lose on chassis front, not the engine and those struggling with PU gain on Sunday because everyone detune them.
    If this becomes the truth tomorrow, I can bet that it will not be track specific and we have build a second tier car again

Gutted to wake up to this news. But really, we knew it all along - deep down we knew that Merc and Ratboy were sandbagging. We knew it at the end of FP1, FP2 and FP3 - but we still held hope. Held hope thinking we were the ones holding something back. Now the hope is shattered and it’s back to reality for F1 fans. 6 consecutive years for Merc taking pole and running away with the championship from Austrialia. I swear, it’s like Groundhog Day for us Ferrari fans. No excuses, no doom and gloom bashing, no “wait for race day”, this is purely unacceptable.

I’ll put my foot in my mouth if Ferrrai miraculously mount some sort of challenge this year. Not betting on it though. Merc/Hamilton have come for Ferrrai/Schumacer’s records and they are goning to get them.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

https://mobile.twitter.com/SmilexTec...124235264?s=19

So apparently the info is our PU was running in safe mode,I see it in two ways

1.they are lying
    2.they are completely incompetent, after all the testing you show with an faulty PU

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    If I see the same pace tmrw. Then I don’t see how ferrari can catch up the deficit.
    2018 car was a revolution of 2017. Now 2019 car is evolution of 2018 which was a good base car.