Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Australian GP : Race

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Sure, but it would be useless all in all. Way better strategy would be to pit him, as he had at least some kind of a pace, to do the FL and gain one more point out of this.
    100% dumb early pitstop and stupid not to pit leclerc or seb at the end there but maybe they still wouldnt of had the pace for FL. happy both cars crossed the finish line after a disaster of unreliability in testing... still slower than honda tho ....binotto maybe you are better at working on the PU than whoever is doing it now
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

We had a free pit stop for both cars to have fresh tyres and.gp for the fastest lap. This weekend was always going to be a damage limitation on a Benz track but we should have tried for the extra point...

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yup... not nice with team orders early up.
    I think ferrari compensated to vettel for pit stop mistake by not letting Leclerc go ahead of him.
    Yeah, good point, that is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Congrats to Bottas. Here I was hoping Rosberg was around to challenge Lewis, and he went and did just that.
    I'd hate to see Lewis challenging Schumi WDC record, so I hope Bottas will stop him, if not Ferrari

Not a good race at all for Ferrari. We still don't have the pace on such twisty circuit.
    Hopefully we'll do better on high speed circuits next.

hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    I am going to say this stupid Ferrari ruined sebsWe race still a bunch of amateurs compared to mercedes and red bull shame.
    We simply weren't quick enough. Hamilton pitted only a lap after Vettel and finished more than 36 sec ahead. What I don't understand why Ferrari gave the team order...it's not like we are gonna fight for the championship with our current pace.

Ferrari lacks answers

Everybody talked about the advantage for the last guy from the top 6 (top 5 today) as he will have a huge gap behind him and it will be easy to pit and gain a FL point. We were in this exact position and we did not do it, it's just mind boggling. Do we even want points for the places we finished? Should we just be kind and give them to the others? Next race we could try to finish 11. and 12. just to be a nice guys...

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

"One off race"?
    After 10 one off seasons??

I shudder to think of the gaps if Merc didn't pit Lewis early in some sort of cover strategy with Seb. Both silver cars would have been 20+ seconds away.

I hope Valteri can keep this motivation/pace and give Lewis a fair fight.

My main hope is the Charles is unleashed. Young driver mistakes early on but man did he come on strong at the end.

Vettel's the slower of the 2. Ferrari has a big number 3 in its back. What an embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    "One off race"?
    After 10 one off seasons??
    lol

It was just a glory run in Barcelona, others tested and developed cars a lot (compare Mercedes or Red Bull with presentations cars). Ferrari did nothing, the car is basially the same as on studio photos. And this is only the beginning. We know how Ferrari can develop the car in season.

Oh well, anyone but HAM!
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post
    It was just a glory run in Barcelona, others tested and developed cars a lot (compare Mercedes or Red Bull with presentations cars). Ferrari did nothing, the car is basially the same as on studio photos. And this is only the beginning. We know how Ferrari can develop the car in season.
    agreed

Didn’t sky mention during FP1 that pirelli increased tyres pressures by 3psi on the rear tyres could that be a factor for us ? Also the cars set up could also have contributed to a loss of perfomance maybe barhain will give us another picture

Congratulations to Bottas.

I'm typically pretty optimistic, but this is very alarming. This is my tenth season watching F1, and this was probably Ferrari's most substantial loss of form from a previous season. Gutsy drives by both Vettel and Leclerc, but the team has its work cut out for it. I really hope that the reason the car looks so stable isn't that it's actually really slow. If they can't get the car working, well go Bottas and Verstappen, I guess.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    yup, leclerc made little mistakes early but he was pretty great after that, seb good race , pitwall ruined his race , but i think thats the true pace of ferrari, they are 3rd best this year
    Man plz shut up! Change your signature aswell the amount of negativity you bring is nuts!! It's one thing to be realistic its another to know its the first damn race of the season looking at Seb he clearly had PU issues he couldn't push at all!! Did you not see Hamilton couldn't even go faster on the mediums when he pitted. Its track specific and PU was definitely down wait till next weekend and stop it with the nonsense your posts do not help!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Ferrari lacks answers
    MISSION CRYNOW

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Congrats to Bottas. Here I was hoping Rosberg was around to challenge Lewis, and he went and did just that.
    I'd hate to see Lewis challenging Schumi WDC record, so I hope Bottas will stop him, if not Ferrari

Not a good race at all for Ferrari. We still don't have the pace on such twisty circuit.
    Hopefully we'll do better on high speed circuits next.
    +1 Tired of hearing Hamilton interviews when he wins
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Probably the rumors about PU being down in HP are true, Max's overtake on Vettel, was really easy.

Also, seems like the car is very hard on the tires.

Strategy, wouldn't make any difference. There was no pace at all.

At least the boys didn't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Vettel's the slower of the 2. Ferrari has a big number 3 in its back. What an embarrassment.
    Well they did pit Charles for the hards. They probable knew after they saw Sebs pace on the mediums, that we are garbage with the tyres so they tried to save it by going for hards. Before Seb was faster by a margin. It's weird. Looks to me we are really bad with tyres. That could be a setup issue. That's the best case. The other possibility is that our new suspension is harsh on tyres and this season is a write off... Hopefully we just messed up the setup, but... I have my worries as we did not do any developmnet on the car between Barca and now.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

1) Mercs & RB going for FL because they have the pace to do it. On the other side, ferrari knew they don’t have the pace to get FL.

2) Mercs getting FL at the end of the race shows, there is more to come & they are just managing it. Toying with everyone.
    (This is not good for the sport)

3) Mercs quali advantage was .8ths over next rival. If we consider that into the race it reflects to 45s. But ferrari at the end are 50s Behind. If this is the same in the next couple of races, ferrari should focus on 2020 or 2021 Reg change early.

4) A championship winning car is a car where it’s fastest at every track. Even if it is not taking pole, but atleast it’s close to taking pole & not 50s+ behind.

This is catastrophic 50 s to bottas, Red Bull is faster, what Ferrari are doing or better question they even know what to do this car is slow. I’m big fan for Ferrari 25 years but this is so depressed.

I don't know what sort of car we will have in bahrain. Last year we started second but had good race pace in Australia. This year we have none. I don't think we can expect to be good in Bahrain with a car like this even it suited us last year. I hope they are fixing these issues as we speak back home.

I'm starting to worry we'll be fighting for the occasional podium with RB this season.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    MISSION CRYNOW
    those mission winnow stickers man thats the true aero development lol the 90 celebration was a downgrade (just a joke)

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    1) Mercs & RB going for FL because they have the pace to do it. On the other side, ferrari knew they don’t have the pace to get FL.

2) Mercs getting FL at the end of the race shows, there is more to come & they are just managing it. Toying with everyone.
    (This is not good for the sport)

3) Mercs quali advantage was .8ths over next rival. If we consider that into the race it reflects to 45s. But ferrari at the end are 50s Behind. If this is the same in the next couple of races, ferrari should focus on 2020 or 2021 Reg change early.

4) A championship winning car is a car where it’s fastest at every track. Even if it is not taking pole, but atleast it’s close to taking pole & not 50s+ behind.

2016 all again. But in 2016 Ferrari was fast in first races.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    MISSION CRYNOW
    MSSION IDKNOW??
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    This is catastrophic 50 s to bottas, Red Bull is faster, what Ferrari are doing or better question they even know what to do this car is slow. I’m big fan for Ferrari 25 years but this is so depressed.
    What gave me hope for this year was Vettel's comments after day one. Sad to see how it turned out...