Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Australian GP : Race

Quote Originally Posted by Schumir9 View Post
    Attachment 7589 here we go look at the trap speeds. It is the PU
    Jesus thats way lower, any speed traps for leclerc near the last 10 laps to compare?
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Welcome to Ferrari Charles. It's probably just for 2019.
    Looking at pit stop call error from ferrari, I feel it’s a right move to do justification.
    Also on the Honda, I still feel it’s behind merc & ferrari. They didn’t caught us.
    It’s just combo of RB chassis + mad max + fresh tyres+ Honda power. Most imp ferrari very slow.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Jesus thats way lower, any speed traps for leclerc near the last 10 laps to compare?
    Trying to get it but his was better than Vettel's

Three words: Pa - the - tic

MSSION IDKNOW??
    I know I should not laugh, but that was funny

D11t-ubXQAEJdE-.jpeg.jpg here you go just slightly better

here we go look at the trap speeds. It is the PU
    What is happening to Ferrari?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

This is holy moly

Trying to get it but his was better than Vettel's
    Okay thats good because crofty mentioned that Seb might have had mechanical issues too in the race so maybe he was compromised there with top speeds
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Congratulations to Bottas.

I'm typically pretty optimistic, but this is very alarming. This is my tenth season watching F1, and this was probably Ferrari's most substantial loss of form from a previous season. Gutsy drives by both Vettel and Leclerc, but the team has its work cut out for it. I really hope that the reason the car looks so stable isn't that it's actually really slow. If they can't get the car working, well go Bottas and Verstappen, I guess.
    Did you catch us winning a WDC or WCC? It could be so frustrating to support a team for 10 years and not see them win anything, you start to doubt they can. I caught all the Michael years and Kimi's WDC and the WCC next year with Kimi and Felipe and I am fed by those wins. Stay strong my friend.

engine cooling issues? if true it has also been an issue for Ferrari in the past. 2007 for example.

Got it off twitter: "Power Unit in "safe" mode to avoid reliability problems. More downforce to compensate for lack of CV. With a front end that is not up to par and understeer entering the curve in Australia you don't go strong, especially in qualifying" - @SmilexTech

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    engine cooling issues? if true it has also been an issue for Ferrari in the past. 2007 for example.
    we had to bring a new bonnet to help with heating issues here this weekend too

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    What is happening to Ferrari?
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    This is holy moly
    Okay, I'm gonna jinx it. Honda is probably coming out of the Marathon like a rabbit.....
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Got it off twitter: "Power Unit in "safe" mode to avoid reliability problems. More downforce to compensate for lack of CV. With a front end that is not up to par and understeer entering the curve in Australia you don't go strong, especially in qualifying" - @SmilexTech
    But just how can the PU be that unsafe that they thought it was smart to run it in the car?? dont we have dyno's running all the time, it seems to amateur to do these things, was testing just a waste of time all the unreliability there and they still used the same PU

So Seb did not know that PU was in safe mode, when he was asking: Why we are so slow?

Is it one of those "Fuel Corrected Lap Time" thingy that we had in winter testing? And how on earth a Twitter account would know at which mode the PU was running? And it's not like Mercedes was running their PU 100% all the time. You saw their true pace when Bottas was really going for it and did that 1m25.5 (1.4sec faster than Ferrari's)

MSSION IDKNOW??
    MISSION LOSENOW

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Is it one of those "Fuel Corrected Lap Time" thingy that we had in winter testing? And how on earth a Twitter account would know at which mode the PU was running? And it's not like Mercedes was running their PU 100% all the time. You saw their true pace when Bottas was really going for it and did that 1m25.5 (1.4sec faster than Ferrari's)
    Erm I'm not saying its true but its all over the Internet if you care to browse for a few sites?

Tell me this when ferrari went for the undercut where was Hamilton's pace relative to vettel? Who was faster? Bottas is another story. I'm looking at as drivers stand vettel was there with Hamilton till whatever issue he had he dropped off and Leclerc on hard tyres matched bottas they didn't go for the pitstop because of the engines on safe mode perhaps? When they knew they can't post a fast enough lap why do a pitstop?

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    So Seb did not know that PU was in safe mode, when he was asking: Why we are so slow?
    Yeah good point. If they knew it was engine safe mode, team would have replied in a best possible way to vet.
    It’s not engine issue. This car doesn’t have front end grip, may be suspension issue.

Yep, PU's are at the limit 3.1% of the time.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Erm I'm not saying its true but its all over the Internet if you care to browse for a few sites?
    Erm It wasn't directed towards you. I apologize if you felt that way

But just how can the PU be that unsafe that they thought it was smart to run it in the car?? dont we have dyno's running all the time, it seems to amateur to do these things, was testing just a waste of time all the unreliability there and they still used the same PU
    In the first week of testing they had no reliability issues in the second week they did I'm just surprised from that date till the race they couldn't sort out the issue? Or did the FIA really ban the party modes after the test and it caught ferrari trailing.. Perhaps without the party modes ferrari really is down on HP now

Erm It wasn't directed towards you. I apologize if you felt that way
    Not at all man just the timing lack of sleep and the race that was so pathetic to watch for us. I'm out of clues here myself just hoping it was just the track specific issue for our car and the PU was actually down. Otherwise its going to be one ugly season with us probably just fighting with gasly only!

Whatever the reason for the lack of pace, this was a poor show from Ferrari and nobody seems to know why, no doubt the reasons will come out later but I hope to God we find some answers before Bahrain. Only positive is that both cars finished and Seb and Charles will be wondering what hit them.

Predictably lots of doom and gloom here. I admit this one hurts, but people already calling for Binotto to be fired, or for Newey to be brought in.... this is the attitude that has left Ferrari where it is! We’ve been cycling through staff for the last decade. Trust them. It’s been one race, now we see where it takes us. Fingers crossed.

Charles confirmed he was told not to challenge Seb....poor stuff.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Charles confirmed he was told not to challenge Seb....poor stuff.
    Agreed they could do it in a different way by pitting Seb so he could try for the fastest lap and it wouldn't look bad with leclerc overtaking seb

Vettel denied PU issues

Was the PU okay?
    Vettel: "Yes okay"
    How thankful are you to the team that @Charles_Leclerc was kept behind?

Vettel: "I had to fight so much. I knew he was faster. Under normal conditions, I couldn't have stopped him because I didn't have the speed."
    Also Charles was asked to go for the fastest lap. He tried but Mercedes and Bottas was on another level unfortunately.