Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425
Results 721 to 742 of 742

Thread: 2019 Australian GP : Race

  1. #721
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    4,269
    Quote Originally Posted by erikejw View Post
    Really?
    5th season and zero poles.
    That is not the hallmark of any previous champions.

    Of course he is really good but he needs to deliver soon or he will be remembered as one of those wonderkids with talent but no results. One of a generation, well, get back when he has 7+ WCCs then.
    Deliver what? championship? in a non-Mercedes car? Even Vettel couldn't do it with a car like SF71-H and you think Max would win championships in a Red Bull with Honda/Renault engine? Really funny...

    And who cares about pole. Max is already the youngest ever F1 race winner, a record that will stand for a long long time. And he trashed Ricciardo last year and established himself as the no.1 driver, Dani Ric "Avocado" can say whatever he likes but the fact is he ran away from Red Bull because of Max.

    There's no doubt in my mind that Max is the real deal and I do hope he joins Ferrar one day, the sooner the better.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 25th March 2019 at 05:43.

  2. #722
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,878
    I couldn't agree more !! Ferrari needs Max. Last year he racked up 2 wins, 11 podiums. He now has 7 podiums in a row. Max passed Bottas in his Merc by 2pts. and just missed by 2ts. passing Kimi in his Ferrari . All that success without ever being on pole. Meanwhile 2018 , Seb got paid $60 million, [$10 million more than Lewis!] Max got $10 million. Charles for 2019 is signed up for $3.5 million. If 2019, Seb wins WDC, WCC for Ferrari , all will be forgiven.

  3. #723
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I couldn't agree more !! Ferrari needs Max. Last year he racked up 2 wins, 11 podiums. He now has 7 podiums in a row. Max passed Bottas in his Merc by 2pts. and just missed by 2ts. passing Kimi in his Ferrari . All that success without ever being on pole. Meanwhile 2018 , Seb got paid $60 million, [$10 million more than Lewis!] Max got $10 million. Charles for 2019 is signed up for $3.5 million. If 2019, Seb wins WDC, WCC for Ferrari , all will be forgiven.
    Ferrari got the best 2 drivers. Max needs to learn from Leclerc the art of not crashing. Leclerc was so composed in the first race, meanwhile Verstappen still drives recklessly every now and then. Verstappen got so many opportunities to get pole in the past few years yet got none. Leclerc will get his first ever pole before Verstappen does.

  4. #724
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6,887
    Somebody is so hurry & getting excited with pay figures to the drivers ...will get their answer soon

    They can’t hide their fanboy in every comment in this forum which belongs to tifosi fans.

  5. #725
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Deliver what? championship? in a non-Mercedes car? Even Vettel couldn't do it with a car like SF71-H and you think Max would win championships in a Red Bull with Honda/Renault engine? Really funny...

    And who cares about pole. Max is already the youngest ever F1 race winner, a record that will stand for a long long time. And he trashed Ricciardo last year and established himself as the no.1 driver, Dani Ric "Avocado" can say whatever he likes but the fact is he ran away from Red Bull because of Max.

    There's no doubt in my mind that Max is the real deal and I do hope he joins Ferrar one day, the sooner the better.

    No offense to max's talent but I wish he doesn't join ferrari whatever he is capable of is known to the world since his days in karting he is a brilliant driver! I would much rather have a future pairing of Charles who I believe will be the Prost to Senna(max) rivalry in the future a fast yet smart driver even if he doesn't possess the insane raw talent that max does, he fits ferrari well much better than max! Moreover, when we know Mick Schumacher is most likely to join Ferrari after Seb Vettel why even bother with any other driver? Give anyone a car like merc has or had you will win a championship and please mistakes or not don't comeback telling me Ferrari had THE car to beat Hamilton for an ENTIRE season.. No we did not! Even if Sebastian had not made those mistakes by the end of the season we would have lost to Mercedes one way or the other. Bring in a Schumacher in the scarlet colors and we a have winner. I am willing to wait that long if this season goes bust (firmly believe this is the year we will get the job done)

  6. #726
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    EUROPE
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumir9 View Post
    No offense to max's talent but I wish he doesn't join ferrari whatever he is capable of is known to the world since his days in karting he is a brilliant driver! I would much rather have a future pairing of Charles who I believe will be the Prost to Senna(max) rivalry in the future a fast yet smart driver even if he doesn't possess the insane raw talent that max does, he fits ferrari well much better than max! Moreover, when we know Mick Schumacher is most likely to join Ferrari after Seb Vettel why even bother with any other driver? Give anyone a car like merc has or had you will win a championship and please mistakes or not don't comeback telling me Ferrari had THE car to beat Hamilton for an ENTIRE season.. No we did not! Even if Sebastian had not made those mistakes by the end of the season we would have lost to Mercedes one way or the other. Bring in a Schumacher in the scarlet colors and we a have winner. I am willing to wait that long if this season goes bust (firmly believe this is the year we will get the job done)
    IMO, Vettel did have a good enough car to take the fight to Hamilton, all the way in 2018. Why is there so much burying heads in the sand on here? Up to Singapore, the Ferrari had been quicker than the Merc more often. Vettel also had bullet proof reliability. I am not totally blaming Vettel, but with less mistakes from him, the championship battle would have been a lot tighter.

  7. #727
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    7,327
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCHEY View Post
    IMO, Vettel did have a good enough car to take the fight to Hamilton, all the way in 2018. Why is there so much burying heads in the sand on here? Up to Singapore, the Ferrari had been quicker than the Merc more often. Vettel also had bullet proof reliability. I am not totally blaming Vettel, but with less mistakes from him, the championship battle would have been a lot tighter.
    tighter, YES....don't knwo about winning it though....the merc was a lot faster in the second half, and bottas play9ing the wing man to hamster....it was for sure hamiltons WDC in 2018

  8. #728
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    EUROPE
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    tighter, YES....don't knwo about winning it though....the merc was a lot faster in the second half, and bottas play9ing the wing man to hamster....it was for sure hamiltons WDC in 2018

    Where is this notion coming from that Merc was ALOT faster in the second half? The second half, after the summer break, also comprised of Belguim, Italy & Mexico where Ferrari had a better car than Merc. While USA & Brazil, it was very close.

    And Bottas was compromised in 2, maybe 3 races only. Just as Raik was compromised in a couple of races too.

    The SF71H & W09 were very closely matched. In 2018, it wasn't about Ferrari having an inferior car.. Vettel's car was every bit as good as Hamilton's, if not better. Ferrari's problem in 2018 was in the execution. Failing to fully capitalise on an excellent car. Both team & driver failed to optimise.

  9. #729
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    761
    Since Hamilton won title last year, I see quite a few Hamilton fanboys creating accounts here and declaring themselves as Ferrari fan. Look closely, the moment you speak something about Hamilton, they will come running to defend their hero.

  10. #730
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,554
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Since Hamilton won title last year, I see quite a few Hamilton fanboys creating accounts here and declaring themselves as Ferrari fan. Look closely, the moment you speak something about Hamilton, they will come running to defend their hero.
    You don't support Ferrari either and just defend Vettel....not much different really
    Forza Ferrari

  11. #731
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    4,269
    It's quite funny actually...seeing a bunch of posters who joined this forum after Ferrari announced Vettel to be Alonso's replacement branding older members Ham/Max fanboys. And even funny thing is they never blame Vettel, never blamed him for his crash at Germany (it was Ferrari/Kimi's fault) or never blamed him for all the costly mistakes (Monza, Japan, Usa etc etc...) he did but always blamed Ferrari instead. They can't even handle valid criticisms of Vettel, always out with pitchforks and acting aggrieved when people rightfully don't rate him as much as they do.

    But past is past, no point dwelling on it. But please Vettel/driver fans, don't pretend to be real "tifoso". I know it's extremely hard for driver fans to ever grasp the difference between themselves and team fans.

  12. #732
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,878
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Ferrari got the best 2 drivers. Max needs to learn from Leclerc the art of not crashing. Leclerc was so composed in the first race, meanwhile Verstappen still drives recklessly every now and then. Verstappen got so many opportunities to get pole in the past few years yet got none. Leclerc will get his first ever pole before Verstappen does.
    How many points are given for getting a pole? Zero ! 11 podiums 2 wins no help from a pole pos. Count the points! There is no WPC ! Meanwhile Max crashed his way past both Ferraris leaving Seb behind not on the podium. Charles did real well . He probably could also have come in ahead of Seb if allowed, but never the less he looked as you said composed. Keep your chin up, you may see Charles on the podium next race !! Pole not required!
    Last edited by Brembo; 26th March 2019 at 07:09.

  13. #733
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The netherlands
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Ferrari got the best 2 drivers. Max needs to learn from Leclerc the art of not crashing. Leclerc was so composed in the first race, meanwhile Verstappen still drives recklessly every now and then. Verstappen got so many opportunities to get pole in the past few years yet got none. Leclerc will get his first ever pole before Verstappen does.
    And What about Vettel's crashes last year? Should he not learn not to crash from Leclerc as well? And when has Max driven recklessly? Not in Melbourne and not for a long time. Last time was probably Spa 2016.
    And he got 5 opportunities to get pole, that is not many.
    If Ferrari has the 2 best drivers, why did Max beat them both in Melbourne?
    Vettel is very good, but he is definitely not the best, Hamilton probably holds that title at the moment. But I am sure you will just ignore this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    You don't support Ferrari either and just defend Vettel....not much different really
    If I am not mistaken, he posted on PF 1 a lot and was the biggest Vettel fanboy around there. Quite a troll actually. Vettel never ever made a mistake and it was all everybody else that did and Hamilton was just lucky to drive for Mercedes etc.

  14. #734
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula 1 fan View Post
    And What about Vettel's crashes last year? Should he not learn not to crash from Leclerc as well? And when has Max driven recklessly? Not in Melbourne and not for a long time. Last time was probably Spa 2016.
    And he got 5 opportunities to get pole, that is not many.
    If Ferrari has the 2 best drivers, why did Max beat them both in Melbourne?
    Vettel is very good, but he is definitely not the best, Hamilton probably holds that title at the moment. But I am sure you will just ignore this.


    If I am not mistaken, he posted on PF 1 a lot and was the biggest Vettel fanboy around there. Quite a troll actually. Vettel never ever made a mistake and it was all everybody else that did and Hamilton was just lucky to drive for Mercedes etc.
    I dont want to get into this, but Max has made many mistakes last year, Bahrain, he said his accelerator was acting weird, that's why he crashed, then China, he crashed into Vettel, and got a penalty for it, then Monaco, he has made his fare share of mistakes. You cant just turn a blind eye to it. We have what we have, Vet did make mistakes last year, very costly ones, I agree, but he is still a good driver, Lewis also had few years when he made mistakes, especially comes to mind Massa and Hamilton! Max is a great driver, he has raw talent, but he needs to channel it, and hone it. With all due respect, lets not argue about who did what to whom and other useless things. This thread is not for arguing about drivers, its about the Australian GP.

    So, lets talk about our car, I think our car is good. Remember, in qualifying, we were only about .4 in front of HAAS. Last year, we were about 1.4 in front, so if we kept the same gap, we would be about .2 in front of Hamilton! So, thats another sing. But, it didnt happen, for some reason. Maybe this car has set up problems, but we have to wait and see. So, hope for a good race in Bahrain.

  15. #735
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The netherlands
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    I dont want to get into this, but Max has made many mistakes last year, Bahrain, he said his accelerator was acting weird, that's why he crashed, then China, he crashed into Vettel, and got a penalty for it, then Monaco, he has made his fare share of mistakes. You cant just turn a blind eye to it. We have what we have, Vet did make mistakes last year, very costly ones, I agree, but he is still a good driver, Lewis also had few years when he made mistakes, especially comes to mind Massa and Hamilton! Max is a great driver, he has raw talent, but he needs to channel it, and hone it. With all due respect, lets not argue about who did what to whom and other useless things. This thread is not for arguing about drivers, its about the Australian GP.

    So, lets talk about our car, I think our car is good. Remember, in qualifying, we were only about .4 in front of HAAS. Last year, we were about 1.4 in front, so if we kept the same gap, we would be about .2 in front of Hamilton! So, thats another sing. But, it didnt happen, for some reason. Maybe this car has set up problems, but we have to wait and see. So, hope for a good race in Bahrain.

    That is true, Max did make quite a few mistakes. But not as many as people try to make it seem. He tried to overcome the difference between Mercedes and Ferrari and overdrove the car. China, Monaco FP3, Bahrain were clear examples, but Australia and Spain were barely crashes and in Australia he did have a broken car. I won't turn a blind eye to his mistakes, but the difference is that Vettel was driving the best car (or a car level with Mercedes at least) and is a former 4 time champion. Max is just 21. A lot of years left to develop. And Vettel is still a very great driver, I will not deny that. I just noticed how Chinmay turns a blind eye to Vettels mistakes and only focuses on how bad all other drivers are.

    But you are right, it can't be that Ferrari is just 4 tenths ahead of Haas. There is a lot more potential in the car, something Vettel has also mentioned a couple of times. Mercedes just hit the sweetspot while RBR and Ferrari just didn't get it right. I just love how people think the year is over after just 1, a-typical race, and predict total Merc domination.

  16. #736
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    10,231
    Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    I dont want to get into this, but Max has made many mistakes last year, Bahrain, he said his accelerator was acting weird, that's why he crashed, then China, he crashed into Vettel, and got a penalty for it, then Monaco, he has made his fare share of mistakes. You cant just turn a blind eye to it. We have what we have, Vet did make mistakes last year, very costly ones, I agree, but he is still a good driver, Lewis also had few years when he made mistakes, especially comes to mind Massa and Hamilton! Max is a great driver, he has raw talent, but he needs to channel it, and hone it. With all due respect, lets not argue about who did what to whom and other useless things. This thread is not for arguing about drivers, its about the Australian GP.

    So, lets talk about our car, I think our car is good. Remember, in qualifying, we were only about .4 in front of HAAS. Last year, we were about 1.4 in front, so if we kept the same gap, we would be about .2 in front of Hamilton! So, thats another sing. But, it didnt happen, for some reason. Maybe this car has set up problems, but we have to wait and see. So, hope for a good race in Bahrain.
    I think there truly is a closing in,in th gap between midfield cars and previous leader teams this year, merc made a big step with there big aero package but Ferrari and redbull seem to reflect what brawn and midfield teams were happier about (getting more closer to the top) aw well we shall see pretty soon
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  17. #737
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,322
    I just wanted to get these stats into this thread prior to FP in Bahrain.

    The race in Melbourne has been run 23 times between 1996 and 2018. The winner at Albert Park has also won the WDC that year 13 times (56,5%). But intrestingly, pole, is even more important than the actual win. The polesitter has won the WDC that year 16 times (69,5%).

    When a Ferrari driver wins he becomes the WDC that year 5 times out of 8 wins (62,5%). Michael x 4 times and Kimi one time. The other three wins that didn’t end in a WDC was Irvine’s win in 1999 and Seb’s two wins in 2017 and 2018.

    Some other interesting facts. Alonso only won in Australia once but is a x 2 times WDC. Rosberg is the opposite, two wins, one WDC. On the other hand Button won the race three times but won the WDC only once. Coulthard won the race twice but never the WDC. Kimi is the only two-time winner for two different teams (Ferrari and Lotus). Button’s three wins also came for at least two teams (Brawn and McL). Seb only won the race once during his four straight WDC’s for Red Bull. Most interesting fact is probably that Hamilton only won the race once for Merc during his four WDC’s for them (in 2015).

    As for pole position. Mika scored three in a row (1998-2000) which gave two WDC’s. Michael also has three poles, but not in a row, but all poles ended in WDC’s. Seb’s stats for RBR are the same. Three poles and all ended in WDC’s.

    What can be concluded? It’s not THAT important to win in Melbourne for the end result. But it’s very important for some drivers (Mika, Michael, Seb and especially Hamilton) to get the pole. Hamilton has eight poles in Melbourne in his career (2008, 2012, 2014-2019) but he’s only won the race twice, yet he has five WDC’s. That is an anomaly to say the least. With only that in mind he’s the clear favorite for the title this year and Bottas has no chance. I'm going to check how Melbourne relates to the WCC later.

    Personally I still think it’s too early to say anything this year. We have to wait for the European season to start. But obviously, until that, it’s extremely important to score as many points as possible. But leading even then doesn’t guarantee anything. As for Melbourne, as an isolated event, it still means very little. It’s when you start to combine it with other races and performances that a pattern can be seen.

  18. #738
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Macedonia(FYROM)
    Posts
    683
    Telemetry trace comparing Vettel and Hamiltons in Q




  19. #739
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,878
    Pole position is the WDC factor. There's no hope for any driver for a few years to come, Lewis has 84 poles and plenty more to come at his age. Especially if he stays with Merc. The driver to watch is the one; regularly so far on the podium and wining a few with no poles to show for his success. How is this possible? Look up in the sky! It's a bird , it's a plane, no it's super Max!

  20. #740
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6,887
    Yes even with the car capable of taking pole position on certain tracks, but still not able to achieve it. How is that possible.
    Yes it’s super duper max

  21. #741
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,878
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yes even with the car capable of taking pole position on certain tracks, but still not able to achieve it. How is that possible.
    Yes it’s super duper max
    So has the Ferrari car been more capable, of pole pos. esp. compared to Max's R Bull ride. The problem is Max. Ferrari needs him in the car! Unless you believe the R Bull car was and now is equal to the Ferrari Seb's blessed with, or better yet R Bull is equal to Merc's ride . What Max [ Is Able to Achieve!!] is consecutive podiums and throw in a few wins for the 21 yr. old boy. Again; there's no WPC ! What Ferrari fan except maybe you, would not rather Charles constantly on the podium and get a win at his early age, and start with Ferrari? Ok Lewis did 84 poles which is a big deal, but he also does WDCs . A Seb Ferrari WDC, WCC is yet to be, poles and all! Seb has won Bah rain 4xs. It's his track! Pole or no pole he should bring Ferrari the team; and us Ferrari fans a win. nHe has the car and Charles seems Ok with helping him if need be.
    Last edited by Brembo; 29th March 2019 at 06:24.

  22. #742
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    So has the Ferrari car been more capable, of pole pos. esp. compared to Max's R Bull ride. The problem is Max. Ferrari needs him in the car! Unless you believe the R Bull car was and now is equal to the Ferrari Seb's blessed with, or better yet R Bull is equal to Merc's ride . What Max [ Is Able to Achieve!!] is consecutive podiums and throw in a few wins for the 21 yr. old boy. Again; there's no WPC ! What Ferrari fan except maybe you, would not rather Charles constantly on the podium and get a win at his early age, and start with Ferrari? Ok Lewis did 84 poles which is a big deal, but he also does WDCs . A Seb Ferrari WDC, WCC is yet to be, poles and all! Seb has won Bah rain 4xs. It's his track! Pole or no pole he should bring Ferrari the team; and us Ferrari fans a win. nHe has the car and Charles seems Ok with helping him if need be.
    Mad max throwed away his wins to Lewis & DR (I do think you remember those, as u r die hard fan of him )
    You’ve been stating continuously that 7 consecutive podiums etc. yes I do agree with it. That’s what he’s been learning from his mistakes & giving a thought on it.
    On the car side, ferrari got it wrong after summer break their development path took U turn & we all know how RB develops their car during in season.
    2018 2nd half I would rate mercs > RB > ferrari. It’s not you n me, everyone knew it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •