Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Australian GP : Race

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    More and more are saying its the FW thats not allowing ferrari to generate enough downforce there by having a negative effect all round.

...hopefully we can adept more similar to alfa or start work on mercs concept if its true, PU safe mode anytime the car is on a street like circuit, bumpy or high downforce tracks will not give leclerc or seb much of a chance to do much towards a championship.

might do well in bahrain but what happens in baku sector 2, monaco, hungary etc.

anyway hopefully we get some ferrari upgrades news for bahrain soon
    The way EVERYBODY where saying after testing,that our concept front wing is the way to go,and that Merc where already stading ours to bring it to Spanish GP . Now just after 1 race and justified from our bad result,they say the exact opposite.
    Till the other race that they will once again praise ours!!!
    People looks to have very shortsighted views !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    The way EVERYBODY where saying after testing,that our concept front wing is the way to go,and that Merc where already stading ours to bring it to Spanish GP . Now just after 1 race and justified from our bad result,they say the exact opposite.
    Till the other race that they will once again praise ours!!!
    People looks to have very shortsighted views !!!!
    cant disagree with you. but it did take one race to show a lot of compounded weaknesses and i think it started with the FW.

Maybe bahrain we can be in the mix with redbull but again what happens when they go to baku and they got problems with setup for the street layout section.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    cant disagree with you. but it did take one race to show a lot of compounded weaknesses and i think it started with the FW.

Maybe bahrain we can be in the mix with redbull but again what happens when they go to baku and they got problems with setup for the street layout section.
    So you are an aero expert now, added to your engine expertise it's amazing you are not working for a F1 team....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So you are an aero expert now, added to your engine expertise it's amazing you are not working for a F1 team....
    muahhhahaaaah.....i could not have said it any better myself
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    muuuhaaahahahaha yeah i know should'v sent my cv, a sure hire
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

differences in braking/coasting start points i believe

Red Bull takes jab at Fernando Alonso after first Honda podium

MELBOURNE, Australia -- Red Bull has taken a cheeky swipe at two-time Formula One world champion Fernando Alonso, tweeting the Spaniard's infamous 'Now we can fight!' message after claiming third place at the Australian Grand Prix on its first race with Honda power.

The now-retired Alonso first shouted those words in Melbourne 12 months ago when he finished fifth for McLaren, still the team's best result since 2013. That race was McLaren's first since dumping Honda for Renault power, and Alonso's remark was essentially a dig at the Japanese engine supplier who in previous years had underperformed.

McLaren failed to live up to its early-season promise, however, and its campaign soon unraveled as the team wound up finishing seventh in the constructors' championship, meaning Alonso's declaration has not aged particularly well.

http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/26...t-honda-podium

Alonso has Briatore telling him what to say and where to go. And Fernando has millions and millions of reasons to listen and go along. I see him as a proven winner on and off the track. And.... he can always say he also drove for Ferrari !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Alonso has Briatore telling him what to say and where to go. And Fernando has millions and millions of reasons to listen and go along. I see him as a proven winner on and off the track. And.... he can always say he also drove for Ferrari !!!
    So much so teams are fighting to keep him..... AWAY lol...
    I agree to the proven winner on track but off it not much so.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    So much so teams are fighting to keep him..... AWAY lol...
    I agree to the proven winner on track but off it not much so.

lol

Well twitter is for off track , here it's about racing. And Alonso was among the best and still is. Would anyone here rather Alonso here rather than than Seb as of lately?

Ehm not really. We all agree he was a champion but he leaves wrecks behind. Look at all the teams he has driven for: Renault = No where any more, McLaren = Can't even decide what to do, Ferrari = Can't find peace within the team and members have jumped ship to rival teams (Costa, Allen etc.).

He IS a great driver but not a great team player. If he was here instead of Seb or Charles yeah maybe he would fight more aggressively and daring but the end result would be the same as he would bring the team's spirit down. Just look at McLaren. They've gone through loads of bosses after Ron Dennis and still can't get the hang of a decent title challenging package. In my opinion McLaren deserves to be fighting up there with the likes of Mercedes right now not a drinks company.

I'd rather have Max instead of SV or FA. The latter being the more aggressive and precise/ruthless driver but the less team-centered, the former the other way around. Max might be a spoiled brat and a kamikaze before, but he seemed to have learnt a lot from the past years and now he has the talent to beat Hamilton (which I sadly think SV hasn’t) plus he is showing a more mature approach when it comes to aggressivity. Give him a capable car and he will beat Hamilton 1 on 1. Unfortunately he wont be available for us for a while.

Wow! I find it hard to believe a driver alone can cause that kind of trouble even after he left the teams you mentioned. Alonso was great at coming up front from way behind. That's about driving not after the race. Red bull fighting up front like their doing I believe has to do with their young driver. Max seems to care not what's said before or after a race, he's going to be himself in the car, and look what's happening! 7 podiums in a row. I can only wish the same for Charles !!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    I'd rather have Max instead of SV or FA. The latter being the more aggressive and precise/ruthless driver but the less team-centered, the former the other way around. Max might be a spoiled brat and a kamikaze before, but he seemed to have learnt a lot from the past years and now he has the talent to beat Hamilton (which I sadly think SV hasn’t) plus he is showing a more mature approach when it comes to aggressivity. Give him a capable car and he will beat Hamilton 1 on 1. Unfortunately he wont be available for us for a while.
    That yes, I agree as he is still young and improving. I also like the fact that for once Ferrari has decided to groom it's in-house champion with Leclerc whereas before they only recruited champions through other teams. No older generation champions are suited to drive our car as of now and even Lewis the current champ himself wouldn't win with such an inconsistent Ferrari.

Wow! I find it hard to believe a driver alone can cause that kind of trouble even after he left the teams you mentioned. Alonso was great at coming up front from way behind. That's about driving not after the race. Red bull fighting up front like their doing I believe has to do with their young driver. Max seems to care not what's said before or after a race, he's going to be himself in the car, and look what's happening! 7 podiums in a row. I can only wish the same for Charles !!
    Almost but not quiet. If you consider qualifying Max was 4th and it is only thanks to the issues we had that Max climbed up to 3rd so the merit is also to a more reliable RedBull compared to Ferrari so far. If we didn't have issues then it would have been a different story and no consecutive podiums for quick Max this time around. Still, there's more to come and unless we solve our issues then yes it's all going to be about Lewis-Bottas-Max this year.

Forget 2nd place or 3rd place podiums, how about asking your beloved Max and Hamilton for 9 wins in a row?

Almost but not quiet. If you consider qualifying Max was 4th and it is only thanks to the issues we had that Max climbed up to 3rd so the merit is also to a more reliable RedBull compared to Ferrari so far. If we didn't have issues then it would have been a different story and no consecutive podiums for quick Max this time around. Still, there's more to come and unless we solve our issues then yes it's all going to be about Lewis-Bottas-Max this year.
    good post pretty much truth on the head

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    I believe Verstappen can challenge Hamilton, but I would take Alonso over any driver since Schumacher. A lot of Ferrari fans are still bitter about him leaving and seem to enjoy criticizing the guy who brought the championship to the final races of 2010 and 2012. In addition, Alonso never publicly said anything negative about Ferrari until he joked that he wanted a faster car for his birthday in 2013, and that was his fourth year with the team. It's a two way street. A driver isn't going to be happy with an underperforming team, and a team isn't going to be happy with an underperforming driver.

Disappointed Since 2010

I see your point. It's never the driver who wins, it's the car, or the other teams bad luck. It was the Ferrari cars that got Max that podium , not his driving. Remember Max never needed pole to win. If a driver doesn't win from a pole start it's a double loss from his fans point of view. The team gave him the car to take pole, and he lost it! So winning a race not from a pole start is a double win for that driver's fans! What Ferrari needs is Charles to win a race ! 2019 just started, there's time for sure!

I see your point. It's never the driver who wins, it's the car, or the other teams bad luck. It was the Ferrari cars that got Max that podium , not his driving. Remember Max never needed pole to win. If a driver doesn't win from a pole start it's a double loss from his fans point of view. The team gave him the car to take pole, and he lost it! So winning a race not from a pole start is a double win for that driver's fans! What Ferrari needs is Charles to win a race ! 2019 just started, there's time for sure!
    Simply put, you'll get your answer next week if Ferrari sort out their issues. We'll see if Max will be on the podium then. No need to play with words. Put Hamilton in an Alfa (top mid field) and he still wouldn't beat a dominant Mercedes so yes, THE CAR gives you the win. The driver skill beats his own team mate in the same car.

And btw I hope BOTH of drivers especially Vettel get the win and podiums. Ferrari are backing up Vettel for the title run, so be it [emoji6]

Simply put, you'll get your answer next week if Ferrari sort out their issues. We'll see if Max will be on the podium then. No need to play with words. Put Hamilton in an Alfa (top mid field) and he still wouldn't beat a dominant Mercedes so yes, THE CAR gives you the win. The driver skill beats his own team mate in the same car.

And btw I hope BOTH of drivers especially Vettel get the win and podiums. Ferrari are backing up Vettel for the title run, so be it [emoji6]

Last edited by mwk360; 23rd March 2019 at 07:11.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Forget 2nd place or 3rd place podiums, how about asking your beloved Max and Hamilton for 9 wins in a row?
    Just a question out of curiosity, you always address fans of other drivers with "your beloved Max, Hamilton or what ever", but why do you ignore your opinion about Vettel being just exaggerated or even more so?
    You claim Vettel is way better and Hamilton is error prone etc, but Vettel made much more mistakes last year and threw away the title. I mean Baku, France, Germany, Japan, USA, Monza were al races where he drove terribly and with the best car. Or at least a car just as good as Mercedes.

I am not sure about that, Max was on Vettel's tail from lap one and could match Lewis and Bottas laptimes pretty well. And he didn't have a perfect weekend either with the chassis changes and setup difficulties. There is a lot more to come from Max and Red Bull. But Ferrari will be back and Bahrain always suited Ferrari. I won't be surprised when they lock out the front row. Won't mind that either, I really hope Ferrari will be back.

Leclerc is immensely talented, no doubt about it, but Max is a once in a generation talent. So expecting the same things from Leclerc is unfair, IMHO. And speaking of Max, I DO hope he is on Ferrari's radar because having him at Mercedes would be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Formula 1 fan View Post
    I am not sure about that, Max was on Vettel's tail from lap one and could match Lewis and Bottas laptimes pretty well. And he didn't have a perfect weekend either with the chassis changes and setup difficulties. There is a lot more to come from Max and Red Bull. But Ferrari will be back and Bahrain always suited Ferrari. I won't be surprised when they lock out the front row. Won't mind that either, I really hope Ferrari will be back.
    That Max was on Vettel's tail is no surprise judging from how slow we were. He only caught Lewis at the end and Lewis was never matching Bottas in that race, so no, not quiet there yet.
    The more I re-watch parts of that race the more I get the feeling Mercedes are playing everyone. Bottas shaved off a full second towards the end when he went for the fastest lap and that was impressive to say the least all whilst keeping a steady pace and gap from everyone else including Lewis. I fear they have much more than 0.7sec/lap on tap...

Well your theory of mercedes playing games with every one will be tested in Bahrain I am betting on a Ferrari victory after all it's only money.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Leclerc is immensely talented, no doubt about it, but Max is a once in a generation talent. So expecting the same things from Leclerc is unfair, IMHO. And speaking of Max, I DO hope he is on Ferrari's radar because having him at Mercedes would be a nightmare.
    This is Verstappen's sixth season and Leclerc's second. It's way too soon to refer to Verstappen as a once in a generation talent when we have yet to see Leclerc's true potential. I will say that they will definitely give each other a run for the money. Ferrari just needs to stop the Mercedes machine.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Really?
    5th season and zero poles.
    That is not the hallmark of any previous champions.

Of course he is really good but he needs to deliver soon or he will be remembered as one of those wonderkids with talent but no results. One of a generation, well, get back when he has 7+ WCCs then.

Quote Originally Posted by erikejw View Post
    Really?
    5th season and zero poles.
    That is not the hallmark of any previous champions.

Of course he is really good but he needs to deliver soon or he will be remembered as one of those wonderkids with talent but no results. One of a generation, well, get back when he has 7+ WCCs then.
    Just put Max in either a Ferrari or a Merc car as of 5 seasons back or just yesterday instead of his R Bull . Give Max a ride equal to the previous champion's cars . Then, put the likes of Seb in his R Bull ! Enough said ! As of now it's Seb with the talent and no results in his Ferrari! I believe his winning not from pole as he did is a + to his wonder kid performance so far. Not winning from pole pos. is a double loss for those in the garage getting the car to be a pole winner only to not come in 1st.