Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bahrain 2019 - Pre Race news

Why would Ferrari deny that they had to turn down the power because of a cooling issue? It's not something to be assamed of, as it would put them in a better picture compared to the other top 2. As it is, the F1 world believes that the Ferrari is relatively slow, which makes them look less competitive than if they just said we turned down out engines. If true, then I would be much happier with that conclusion rather than thinking that they are slow!

I know this will only be a single race weekend but I feel it will also be crucial. If we are indeed slower than the rest of the field and have fundamental problems with our design, then this weekend will showcase it and we can expect a 2016-like year from then. Catching up from that kind of disadvantage would seem almost impossible given how we performed in the last couple of years in terms of development. 2 bad weekends does not equal a bad year but they can very well be indicative.

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    Why would Ferrari deny that they had to turn down the power because of a cooling issue? It's not something to be assamed of, as it would put them in a better picture compared to the other top 2. As it is, the F1 world believes that the Ferrari is relatively slow, which makes them look less competitive than if they just said we turned down out engines. If true, then I would be much happier with that conclusion rather than thinking that they are slow!
    Why would Seb ask in race: Why we are so slow?
    I mean if engine was in "Safe Mode", I guess Seb would know that.

but anyways, I hope we are not so slow, than it looked in AUS.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Why would Seb ask in race: Why we are so slow?
    I mean if engine was in "Safe Mode", I guess Seb would know that.

but anyways, I hope we are not so slow, than it looked in AUS.
    I am not worried yet. Bahrain will show where we are pace wise. If we don't get one driver in the top 2, then I will be worried.

Just saw that Merc brought a new rear wing. The one thing that "annoys " me from the team,is that we are a bit slow in reactions, in in season development. We at Merc that when they are in trouble, they are quicky reacting and in the next race they bring something new to try to fix the problem.When they are in good shape, they still try to evolve every 2-3 races.
    We on the other hand ,looks to be a lot numb in reactions to a problem or on upgrades. I think we are the team that chance the car the least from launch to the last race of the season.
    And what bothers me and cant realy understand is that it looks like we have quite smart peaple on board since they use to design a good/competitive car for the beginning. So what's happens next?? Are they used all their energy in the design of the basic car???
    Wlee let's see what will happen, but I expected more from a team that I know that they have more to give!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Just saw that Merc brought a new rear wing. The one thing that "annoys " me from the team,is that we are a bit slow in reactions, in in season development. We at Merc that when they are in trouble, they are quicky reacting and in the next race they bring something new to try to fix the problem.When they are in good shape, they still try to evolve every 2-3 races.
    We on the other hand ,looks to be a lot numb in reactions to a problem or on upgrades. I think we are the team that chance the car the least from launch to the last race of the season.
    And what bothers me and cant realy understand is that it looks like we have quite smart peaple on board since they use to design a good/competitive car for the beginning. So what's happens next?? Are they used all their energy in the design of the basic car???
    Wlee let's see what will happen, but I expected more from a team that I know that they have more to give!!!
    Good post. Just saw it too. Agreed with most of what you said
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

SEB AND CHARLES’ EXPECTATIONS

Sebastian Vettel #5

“From a driver’s point of view, I would describe the level of difficulty for this circuit as basically ‘normal’. However, it is hard to find the right rhythm in the desert, mainly because of the sand that the wind blows onto the track. Therefore every lap is different, which can be a decisive factor, especially in qualifying. If you move just a few inches off the ideal line, you start to slide and you can throw your lap in the bin, because you just can’t make up the time you lose at this point. Therefore, the rate of mistakes is significantly higher than at other circuits. You need to be patient before overtaking, maybe waiting for the driver in front of you to have a small slide. There are two very good overtaking opportunities: at the first corner and at corner 14, after the long straight”.

Charles Leclerc #16

“Bahrain is a pretty technical track with quite extreme conditions. So it’s always interesting for us to try different things on the car during free practice, in order to be as well prepared as possible for all the various situations that we might experience in the race. It’s a track which I really enjoy driving. I also have some very good memories here. I started here in Formula 2 and had some great races, although last year was a little bit harder as I was just at the beginning of my career in Formula 1. I can’t wait to race there with Ferrari, hopefully bringing home a good result”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

“THE TEAM MENTALITY IS THE RIGHT ONE”

Sakhir, 28 March 2019 – As usual, Thursday was the time for media work for the Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow drivers, Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc, who tomorrow take to the track for free practice at the Bahrain Grand Prix, the second round of the Formula 1 World Championship.

Sebastian. A relaxed Sebastian Vettel was first up to meet the press in the team hospitality and he tackled a variety of topics, including the performance of the SF90 and expectations for the upcoming Grand Prix. Sebastian won here last year and he has good memories, including tangible ones such as the trophy. “I love the trophy here in Bahrain. I think it’s the best of the season. It’s big and heavy, that’s the way it should be!” he said. The German even engaged in a discussion on his recently acquired and highly visible moustache. Someone referenced a resemblance to Nigel Mansell, a former Scuderia driver and the 1992 World Champion. “If I was inspired by Mansell? Well, maybe it is! I like Nigel! I think he is a great person and was a Lion in the car. I like old Nige!”

Charles. Then it was Charles Leclerc’s turn, as he was on the panel in the first official press conference of the weekend. Asked to look back at his first race with Scuderia Ferrari in Australia, Charles had this to say: “Of course, it’s something special for a driver, but I didn’t feel under any particular pressure. Actually, here, more than anything I am focussed on performing better than I did in Australia. It was not an easy weekend, as we expected more after the positive outcome of the Barcelona test. I believe our package is strong and we found the answers to our lack of performance in Melbourne, although maybe not all of them. Here we will see if the Australian performance was down to a track specific issue or something else. The team mentality is the right one”, Charles added, “and we must keep it through the year. There is a lot of work to do but I am confident the team will do everything to improve the car. We are all working together as a team and that’s good.”

Free Practice. Now the track will give its verdict with two free practice sessions on Friday starting at 14:00 and 18:00 local time (12:00 and 16:00 CET.)
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE