Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bahrain 2019 - Pre Race news

Bahrain 2019 - Pre Race news

Tire selection for the drivers. Top 3 pretty much the same.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2CInRkWsAAOtfc.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Tire selection for the drivers. Top 3 pretty much the same.

maybe should'v taken an extra hard since it showed potential in Aus, too late now but i wonder if there are regrets.

dani ric aggressive, kubica probably going to do lots of data gathering
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    maybe should'v taken an extra hard since it showed potential in Aus, too late now but i wonder if there are regrets.

dani ric aggressive, kubica probably going to do lots of data gathering
    Well the thing is, they choose this compounds way before race weekends, 14 weeks ago in fact, so probably mid to late December. So even if there's regrets, which I very much doubt, it's too late.

Somewhat challenging situation to have to choose tyres in December for a race in March when the first test was in February and nobody had a clear picture of how tyre wears will be.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Every time the tyre choices are posted the same member questions it....track is very different to Aus the harder tyre is just picked because they have too, it won't be a race tyre for anyone trying to win the race.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Somewhat challenging situation to have to choose tyres in December for a race in March when the first test was in February and nobody had a clear picture of how tyre wears will be.
    You said it all! That's F- Pirelli in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    yep, kind of wish they allowed even one tyre set allocation change before the actual race weekend starts
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Hopefully Ferrari bring upgrades. I remember when they did the car reveal and it was plain and simple, people were saying they are hiding the real bits for testing, testing happened and there were hardly any changes, people said they will for sure bring it to melbourne they saving it. ... and they didnt bring much at all that was upgrades so i really hope they do bring lots of stuff, that is reliable. Its too early to be dawdling on the development like last year. That cost them any chance of beating merc

mission winnow will be back, hopefully (just a yoke)

https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/22030

i hope so seb

Sebastian Vettel has asserted that Ferrari will bounce back from its subdued start to the 2019 Formula 1 campaign, stressing its SF90 has untapped potential.

Ferrari led the way through pre-season testing and was expected to contend for a third straight Australian Grand Prix victory, but was off the pace throughout the weekend.

Vettel qualified seven-tenths behind Lewis Hamilton and was overhauled in race trim by the Honda-powered Red Bull of Max Verstappen, while Mercedes went on to register a 1-2 finish.

Vettel led a 4-5 for Ferrari and the team conceded in the immediate aftermath of the race that it was at a loss to explain its performance deficit.

“I think we have all the tools, all the ingredients that we need,” asserted Vettel.

“We have a good car, we know it. This weekend we didn’t, overall we’re not competitive enough, but we will be back.

“Last year we left winter testing with problems on the car. It wasn’t behaving the way we wanted it, the way it should.

“This year was the opposite, the car was behaving the way we expected and it felt very good.

“That’s why we came here last year and the balance wasn’t right, because we had to cover up. We had a very poor rear end last year and felt we had to trim the car towards understeer a lot. That didn’t feel great.

“We managed for this weekend last year, and the race pace was fine, but we weren’t there in qualifying. We got lucky in the race, but I think by Bahrain we had fixed all our issues from winter testing last year in the first race, and that’s why I think we all of a sudden unlocked a lot more pace for last year.

“This year, the problem that we have has nothing to do with what we have seen last year.

“Still all the car and all the numbers and so on make sense also this weekend, but clearly we’re missing something.

“Right now, we don’t have an answer, but we need to get back, have a good look, and I’m sure we’ll find something because we know that the car is better than what we’ve seen, not just [in the race] but the whole weekend.”

Team-mate Charles Leclerc also expressed confidence that Ferrari will be more competitive in the coming events.

“In the end, I think as seen, it’s not like we arrived with a very different car to testing, it’s not like Mercedes is either has come with very different cars, so I think the car is there,” said Leclerc.

“In the past, it has been seen quite a lot of times that [Melbourne] is quite a strange track and it’s not always very representative of the real performance of all the cars here in Australia.

“So I’m confident that we can come back. How much? We don’t know, this we’ll only know in two weeks but yeah I’m confident.”

Heavy rain in Bahrain on Wednesday. And chance of little bit of rain on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Heavy rain in Bahrain on Wednesday. And chance of little bit of rain on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
    Rain in Bah rain! Well it rains on everyone, so good luck to our Ferrari guys. The tires will get us through!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Rain in Bah rain!
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    the lordy on no mercy mode for the sf90, hope it clears up or might have to wait for china for a decent weekend

don't worry guys Seb is the Regenmeister

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    yeah, like the master he was in Germany last year right??? LOLOLOL
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

A list of "rainmasters" from 1950 to 2014. Think for once the "tech." and tires THEN compared to 2014.

Who was the best wet-weather driver?

https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2014...eather-driver/

leclerc in brazil quali last year too if i remember correctly, he is very strong. seb is a legend so hopefully the car can cope, though i dont think it'l rain but you never know

[AMuS] For Bahrain Alfa Romeo is expecting another leap forward. In Bahrain Alfa Romeo will bring the update which didn't bring the desired results during the 2nd week of testing. The update is corrected now and it should be introduced in Bahrain!
    atleast they bringing upgrades, which is good to get kimi and gio up the order

Ferrari changing F1 team name back to Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2SIhI_X4AAjdA3.png

That’s the stupidest team name that I’ve ever heard

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Changing names does not win races.

Give Seb a break! In Germany last year he forgot his umbrella !

did you guys read this?? conspiracy or TRUTH in this?? what do you guys think??

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...**_Toto_Wolff/
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I believe Merc the team; Toto, and Lewis are so confident in what they have for 2019, that together they decided to let Bottas take that win. A happy; willing #2 driver is as important as anything else they might need for the WCC .

did you guys read this?? conspiracy or TRUTH in this?? what do you guys think??

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...**_Toto_Wolff/
    Lol they said the samething last year in Australia after merc easily destroyed ferrari in quali. That merc accidently showed more power than they supposed to. Got no doubt merc have had the best car and engine.till now. Ferrari had no chance especially with development side of things. Fact they favour lewis over nico and bottas isnt even a secret. But i dont think they helped others out with plans and things lol. Toto definitely hides more pace and can easily crank it up whenever. They just want the racing to look closer then it is.

Ferrari changing F1 team name back to Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2SIhI_X4AAjdA3.png
    Nice!! Mission winnow branding gives easily another 20HP

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Rain in Bah rain! Well it rains on everyone, so good luck to our Ferrari guys. The tires will get us through!
    Love it.

But rain in Bahrain will be nice, will be a good battle between Max and Lewis then. Vettel's rain abilities are definitely very good, but I think he lacks the ability in the rain Max and Lewis have. I hope the Ferrari is not a dud in the rain it was last 2 years.

A list of "rainmasters" from 1950 to 2014. Think for once the "tech." and tires THEN compared to 2014.

Who was the best wet-weather driver?

https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2014...eather-driver/
    Very nice article, speed read through it, but it is amazing to read. Hamilton quite high on the list. But I feel in the old days the differences between cars and wet and dry was far greater.

Quote Originally Posted by Formula 1 fan View Post
    But I feel in the old days the differences between cars and wet and dry & IDEAOLOGY was far greater.
    fify mate. yep, quite the contrast and cars are supposed to be safer today. Now, if there's a "deluge" they redflag the race. I love when it rains-->puts everyone on an even playing field and the talented drivers come out,

Bahrain, rear-limited track with long straights.
    China, front-limited track with long straights. It'd be interesting to see how the car performs at these two tracks.